15. Realization

Ajay's POV

Numb was the only thing I was at the moment. I refused to believe what I just heard.

My body froze and stood still at shock at the thought of; Anaya Getting Married!!!

15 minutes ago

"Sanjay Tu Yaha ki kaam sambhal Mai thoda decoration team kaha Hoga Woh dekta Hu (Sanjay just take care of here I'll just look upto the decoration team.)" I said handing over the budget file to him and turn towards the exit of the auditorium.

"Decoration team or just the one who's leading that huh?!" he remarked, I looked back only to see a big smirk plastered on his face.

"You too?!!" I accused but still couldn't control the tiny smile that escaped.

"What I too?? Look at yourself at the mirror before accusing, You're just loosing it bro!!! You must agree that you just can't take her out of your mind!!" Sanjay said with a chuckle.

"I am not joking Yaar, seriously at least you stop so that the others too would." I said trying to be serious.

"Why should I? Ajay isn't it obvious that you like her??" He questioned back.

"Sanjay please Yaar don't make it difficult, I like Anaya but that's just as a friend and nothing beyond." I said with no emotions not intentionally though but still firm enough that my own self to reassure that Anaya can only be my friend and that's what is good for her!

"Ajay, " Sanjay's voice softened as he placed his hand on left my shoulder, "you know you are not that old Ajay anymore then why do you need to be so hard on yourself??!"

"Really, you forgot how hard I was?? To you and to ---" I questioned back this time I my eyes teared up when flashes of the PAST just came in front of my eyes.
"Maybe I might have changed maybe I am getting better but Sanjay you know that I am only getting better not completely changed nor you can guarantee that I wouldn't be that person anymore!" I said, my voice barely audible.

There was a minute of silence between us two.

And then he said, "I understand what you're holding up to but bro I can assure one thing that you're not that person you were anymore, and nor you will be that, because I saw how much patience and effort it took you to be the Ajay who you are now and I believe you man but still if you are not confident enough it's okay I'll always be by your side no matter what!"
and Hugged me.

"Ab chal aren't you getting late to start the decoration huh?!" He asked as we broke off the hug.

I smiled and replied,"Jii sir I'll just go and get the team."

He shook his head smiling and moved towards the stage. I stood there for a while watching him go.

It is through an unfortunate incident that I got to know Sanjay, never thought I too could have a good friend like him, if it wasn't for him I could have been something else at the moment. No matter how difficult I am or in what difficult situation I'd be Sanjay is someone who'll never leave my side.

***************************************

"Anaya and her friends must be at the classroom." the second year guy told me.

"The one at the corner is their class right?" I asked him.

"Yes bhaiya that's the one." He said pointing at the classroom.

"Thanks." I said to him and gave him a smile.

"Bhaiya aap haste bhi ho (Do you even smile bro)?!" He questioned abruptly and face palmed himself.

"Sorry sorry bhaiya actually everyone in the college have known you to be grumpy and Khadoos that's why -", he said scratching his head.

To which I shook my head, "Of course you've heard it so right, if you question me once again or if I see you standing in front of my eyes for another three seconds I could be the person you've heard of!" I replied back trying to be a bit stern.

And 3, 2, 1 he was away from my sight as if I am fire and he'd burn when he's around me!!

Tujhe itna bhi darana Nahi Chahiye tha us bande ko, (You shouldn't have scared him that much,) after all he helped you. My inner self advised me as I was walking alongside the corridor.

As I reached to the back of Anaya's classroom, I could see her and her friends through the window seated at the behind.

"Anaya would you bother to tell us what happened?! Listen Anaya don't even think of lying to us, if you really consider us as your friends you'll not hide anything!" I heard one her friend who's in the hijab threating her.

"What could have happened to Anaya?!" I was curious and was worried at the same time.

I stood there without bothering to go inside. I know it's wrong to over hear others conversation specially of those ones who you like but I still couldn't bother to think about anything but just to know if Anaya's okay, even if it is from the wrong way.

And then I overheard what they spoke.

And that was when I froze at that place as I got to know that Anaya's Engaged and she's getting married in just 2 months!!!

Like how??? How on the earth it's possible??? A bubbly cute and independent girl like Anaya is getting married, that too for someone who she doesn't even know???

Seriously? Is that the only reason?? At least don't lie to yourself, Could you bear the thought of Anaya leaving your life huh??? - My mind

If Anaya is getting married it means that she'll go away from my life but the thought of her leaving my life just crumpled me within.

It is then I realized that, I that I-

"Stop there Ajay!!! You don't I repeat you don't and you can't!!!" My brain interrupted before I could complete.

But this time I refused to listen to it, and finally accepted the fact that I LOVE HER!!

___________________________________________

Hey there Guys!!!

Hope you'll are doing fine... I am good tooo!!!

Apologies as always!! *Holding my ears*

Thank you guys for still supporting my story despite my irregular updates!!!

This chapter was the hardest for me but yeah most importantly a turning point too. *Winks*

Alright, tell me how do you feel about the chapter, Did anybody except Ajay to realize this soon 🤔 or probably should he have taken more time?!

Tell me your ideas through the comments because I really wish to hear what you feel, it will actually motivate me to keep Going!!!

Until then,
Take Care.

Keep Voting and Supporting!

Allah Hafiz 💕