8. Rumours

Anaya's POV

"What??? How?? When??? And Why???" Mahi questioned rather exclaimed as soon as I narrated about my engagement and the treat I had given to Mr. Arrogant and how my brother created a scene out of that.

"Stop over reacting Mahi! Let me just try to recollect what Anaya just said." Aysha said walking back and forth of the classroom.

"Oh come on, why should I stop reacting!!! I still can't believe that this girl-", Mahi said pointing at me,"- this girl hid that she was engaged and above all she had given a treat to a guy and the worst of all is that she doesn't know anything about the guy she's engaged to!!!! Like literally who in the 21st century would do such a thing???"

"I think Mahi has got a point!" Keerthi stated her opinion agreeing with Mahi.

"I simply do not understand how to react to this, should we be happy that you are engaged or-" Aysha said looking at me as she stopped walking, "- should I bother that you've done such a stupidity by getting engaged to a guy to whom you don't even know!!"

"Let us not forget that she had gone on a date with Mr. Arrogant despite being engaged!!" Mahi exclaimed adding fuel to the burning fire.

"Oh god!!! Why did you have to tell all this Anaya" My brain bickered me seeing their reaction.

"Stop talking nonsense Mahi!" I said frowning at her.

"Oh come on! I am not talking nonsense, I am just telling you what the whole college is talking about you and Ajay!" She said in a matter of fact tone.

"Literally, who are others to be a  judge in my life."

"Kuch bhi bakwas Bol Rahi ho tum?(You are talking whatever that comes into mind huh?!)" I asked fuming in anger.

"Mahi is right Anaya, we've heard people talking, in fact we even thought that you like Ajay." Aysha said agreeing with Mahi.

"At least you'll thought that she liked him, but I was damn sure that she liked him like really true liking, but it seems like she liking him is like she liking him is not true liking but just a mere liking!" Keerthi said in dismay.

"Could you please stop your liking chant for a while?!" Mahi exclaimed raising her eyebrows at Keerthi.

"It's not a chant Dumbo, it's disappointment!! I really thought that both of them looked cute together, I even found a couple name "Anajay", but she just shattered all my hopes!" Keerthi said wiping off her fake tears.

"Are you in your senses?? How could you even think like that???"

"How could we not think that way Anaya?!" Aysha joined with Keerthi.

I looked at Mahi as if to ask Do you think the same? To which she nodded.

"Okay guys let me make one thing clear to you'll," I said firmly and after a short pause I continued "I and Ajay are just friends and as for what others think about us I just don't give them a damn!".

"You might not give a damn,but I don't think Mr. Arrogant would think the same." Keerthi exclaimed.

"Yep, I'm sure by now he might also have heard about what people are saying and I fear that he'd stop teaching you." Aysha added her opinion.

"Why would he give them a damn, as far I know it won't bother him!" I said adamantly.

"Why not?- " Mahi argued, "- think about this, you are the only girl he has ever been friend with and the whole college is aware of it, that's why they had started cooking up stories earlier but after the treat it's like they've got proof for that! And you think Mr. Arrogant would not mind all these rumours and still teach you?!"