14. A Step Closer

Anaya's POV

"Where have you been Anaya? Why were you late today?" Bhaiya bombarded me with his questions as soon as I entered home.

Late?! I was back by the time I usually come home!

"Bhaiya, why do you ask like that? I usually return by this time don't I?" I asked back as I walked inside and threw my bag on the sofa and sat.

"Anaya, Papa told you to come home early nah? Then why didn't you come?"

"Bhaiya I had an important lecture which I cannot miss at any cost. Moreover I don't understand why you get so impatient with everything!" I said more like taunted for the reason he's impatient for.

"Anaya, you very well know the reason!" He said bit seriously.

"Bhaiya I know, that's why I left early without even hanging out to complete my Project works." I said, "Moreover they are coming at night, there's still time."

He just sighed in defeat. "It's impossible for me to argue with you, now that you've come, go freshen up I'll get you a cup of coffee." He said as he went towards the kitchen.

I smiled and got up from the sofa and walked towards my room.

My Stern and Adorable Bhaiya! I know he's bit strict but he was forced to be so, but he's still a kid at heart. I said to myself.

***************************************

Next Day

Ajay's POV

"So as we're done finalizing the theme, shall we start working on with the preparations?" I asked my so very responsible friends, who were so tired with sleeping till 10 in the morning.

"Yaar, abhi abhi Tu subah hua hai tum kyu kaam ki baat kar rahi hai?? (Why do you remind work early in the morning??), Let us sleep for a while nah we didn't sleep properly at night also?!" Imran said in his sleep.

Early morning?!! Didn't sleep at night?!!
Who on planet earth told them to party all night despite knowing the fact that we've got a ton of work to be done today!! My mind mocked them.

"It's pointless mate yeh log aise nahi utne waala (they're not going to wake up this way)." Ankit said as he entered to my room with a bucket full of water.

"No Ankit, you're not going to do that!!!" I said alarmingly.

"Sorry mate I did let you to try your way but in vain!" He said shaking his head apologetically and SPLASH!!

"What the hellll?!!!!" Ayash yelled as he got drenched in water.

"Ankit you are gone now!!!!" Imran got out of the bed only to take revenge from Ankit.

Ankit was about to run out of the room with the bucket which is now half empty and half filled with water, but before he could Imran got hold of the bucket.

Oh no if don't stop them now they're going to make this room a swimming pool, do something Ajay! My inner self advised me.

"Rukh jaaa Imran!!!" I said as I grabbed of the bucket of water from him.

"This is not done yaar! He woke us from our sleep just like that and I can even do anything?? You are being biased" Imran whined as he pretended to be upset.

"Yeah Ankit could have woken us up in a different way as well!!! What's the need to throw ice cold water on us!!" Ayash said as he finally got out from the bed.