Chapter 47

"Place that box on the third floor. The ones over there should be in the library. But place one in the study."

I watched as my bodyguards shuffled about the front of our new home, helping us move our new furniture and items to different rooms.

Since it was too dangerous to let any random mover help us with this process in fear of our new address being leaked to the public, I had to ask my entire fleet of bodyguards to come with me out of the city to help with unpacking.

It was barely even 9 o'clock in the morning, and I was already getting annoyed from having to instruct all these people, wanting nothing more than to huddle in an isolated space with my angels, away from all these people. Though I managed a ginormous enterprise with hundreds of thousands of employees, I truly disliked being stuck around large crowds, enough so that my small fleet of 20 helpers was already making me feel suffocated.

The only thing that was keeping me from fleeing was the sight of Belle and Theo playing in the garden just beyond the far window in the back of the kitchen.

I glanced over at them, watching as Belle taught Theo how to make a chain of flowers. She was kneeling on the damp ground with her dress falling in a circle around her and a thick cardigan barely hanging off her thin shoulders as she tried to help Theo get his clumsy fingers around the fragile stems of a bunch of daisies.

I could practically feel the tension in my body melting away by the second. To think that this sight would become part of my daily life from now on.

"Sir, where do you want to put these extra shelves?"

I sighed and turned my attention back to the workers. "Add it to Theo's study on the second floor. He'll eventually gather more books as time goes on to fill the extra shelves."

They nodded as they carefully inched their way up the stairs with the long upright bookshelf.

I frustratingly ran my fingers through my hair and reassured myself that it would only be a couple more hours before I could finally be alone with my treasures in our new home.

Lost in my thought, I didn't notice the back door sliding open until I heard a little voice call out to me, "Mr. Demetrius, do you have a moment to come out into the garden with us?"

I immediately dropped my hand and replied reassuringly, "Of course, Theo. Is there something wrong?"

He shook his head as he pushed the door open wider to let me through. "I just want to show you something."

His little fingers grabbed onto the hem of my sleeves, gently tugging me through the winding pathway of the garden until we reached a small bench on the back.

Belle was sitting on the bench with a crooked flower crown on her head and a couple more others lying to the side. Her cheeks turned a light pink color when she saw me ducking under a frame to get closer to her. She greeted shyly, "Hi, Demetri. I'm sorry if Theo interrupted you, but he wanted to give it to you personally."

"It's alright, love. You know that I have no problem making time when it comes to the two of us." I leaned down to press a soft kiss on the side of her temple in greeting before sitting down next to her. "So, what did Theo want to show me?"

She pointed to the right of me with a giddy little smile on her face.

I turned my head and found Theo holding up a slightly larger flower crown. There were a few damaged flowers and a couple of strands sticking out from the sides, but I could tell that he tried really hard to make it.

His cheeks were bright red as he asked me, "C-Can I put it on y-your head? Ms. Belle s-says that when you give someone a flower crown, it can grant them eternal happiness as a celebration of their existence... and I... um..."