Chapter 10

Sebastian hadn't tried to contact me again since that day. It had already been three days, and he had never let a day go by without filling my inbox with clutter.

I probably shouldn't have snapped at him like that.

Despite his outgoing and obnoxious personality, he was still a child at heart and easily got his feelings hurt. Maybe I should pick up some pastries at his favorite dessert shop on my way to work tomorrow.

I sighed as I tossed my papers back onto my desk, noting the setting sun just outside my office window.

An entire day had gone, and I had barely been able to get anything done between the heavy guilt sitting on my consciousness for lashing out at Sebastian and my inability to prevent my mind from drifting off to a certain little brunette.

Gathering up my revisions on the blueprints and contracts for my joint project with Sebastian's firm, I decided to search for Ms. Caddel and hand her these changes before heading home early, even though I knew I wouldn't be able to get any rest or sleep at home either. I just wanted to avoid my problems and isolate myself for a little bit, even if it was just for a single night.

I walked out of my office with an armful of scrolls and files, making my way to Ms. Caddel's office. When I turned the corner, I realized her office was completely empty. Through the transparent glass walls, I noticed that her bag was still hanging off her chair, and her laptop was left on her desk.

Thinking that she would be back soon, I decided to wait in her office. I set the changes down on her desk and sat down on one of the spare chairs in her office to wait.

I just need to speak to her briefly to go over the changes, and then I could leave. Maybe I coupd pick up a wine bottle on my way back home and order in for tonight.

Several minutes passed by without any show of Ms. Caddel.

I quickly checked her public calendar on my company's internal system, but it showed that she didn't have any meetings at this hour. Where was she?

Should I just leave and let her know tomorrow?

No, she always arrived before me in the mornings, and she needed this information before then.

I sighed and walked out of her office, glancing up and down the corridor in search of any hint of Ms. Caddel to no avail. I walked up to one of the cubicles across from Ms. Caddel's office and tiredly asked the lady sitting inside it, "Do you know where Ms. Caddel is?"

The young lady immediately perked up at the sight of me. After all, it wasn't often that the CEO of Nikolaos Industries would walk up to a anyone less than a VP or department head for a one-on-one talk. She stuttered, "N-no, Mr. N-nikolaos."

I frustratingly ran my fingers through my hair. "Thanks anyway."

As I was about to walk up, the lady suddenly popped up from her seat and exclaimed, "B-But I-I h-heard that T-Tony was also l-looking for her. He said t-that he had something to d-discuss with her in o-one of the c-conference rooms i-in the b-back."

I nodded and waved goodbye to her as I started to make my way to the end of this floor. It wasn't all that odd to hear that Tony was looking for her. He was one of my VPs that I had assigned to Ms. Caddel to aid her with a project as an representative that could answer her questions about how things were processed in my company.

I started to hear a muffled voice when I neared the closed but obviously lit conference room. Although I couldn't see into the conference room, I could clearly tell that the voice belonged to Tony.

Was he inside with someone?

As I stepped up to the door, his voice became significantly clearer.

"Why aren't you saying anything?"