thirty-six

BELLY

Everyone is up at the beach house for a weekend together in late July when Belly gets the call. They've been approved to be Crew's foster parents. The home study was draining, and the conversations with Crew were even harder, filled with tears and confusion. Matt and Henry had a lot of questions, but actually seem thrilled to have Crew around.

Their families thought they were absolutely nuts when they first heard, they thought it was a bad idea. But they spent a few days with them, and now, it feels like Crew is becoming part of the family.

Conrad, Steven and Jeremiah have all the kids out on the boat while Shayla and Belly sit in the pool. Shayla's stomach is getting bigger and she has a sweet little bump now.

"How are things going with Crew?" Shayla asks. Her sunglasses sit atop her head and she floats on a raft. She looks effortlessly cool in her black bikini.

Belly swims around the raft, "Good, I think he's still adjusting,"

"That's probably to be expected, it's only been a few weeks."

Belly nods. Shayla is right, she can't expect him to be fine over night, he went through something traumatic, "I know, I just want to make sure he's comfortable."

"He seems like he is. Matt and Henry seem thrilled too."

Belly smiles, "They are. Matt told me the other day he feels like he has another brother."

"I have to say, when I pictured you and Conrad with three kids, this was not what I had in mind."

Belly chuckles knowingly, "You and me both."

What Belly doesn't say is that she's worried she won't be able to have another baby. The life that she pictured with their girl is slowly fading, making way for a new picture — Matt, Henry and Crew.

Taylor is in rehab still, and will most likely be for a while longer and even when she gets out, she can't have Crew back until she proves she's stable. Conrad doesn't seem to be concerned about it, and if has any doubts about keeping Crew or the potential of not having a third baby, he doesn't say anything to Belly.

"So can I talk to you about something?" Shayla says, glancing at Belly nervously.

"Of course," Belly swims over to the side of the pool to take a sip of her margarita.

"I've been thinking about creating my own brand, like a fashion line."

Belly raises her eyebrows, mid sip, "What!"

"Do I sound ridiculous?" Shayla blushes.

"No, it sounds like the best idea ever,"

"Really?"

"Yes! I definitely think you should do it."

Shayla chuckles, "Bells, I haven't even told you what the idea is."

Belly sets her glass down, "I don't even need to know what it is to be invested."

"Can I tell you anyway?"

Belly nods, "Of course."