21

Zahra's POV:-

Ya Allah bas aise hi Shehryaar ko humesha khush rakhna. Ye muskaan humesha unke chehre par barqarar rakhna.. Unki khushi ko kisi ki nazar na lage. Unhe lambi sehat bhari zindagi ata farmaaye. Unhe khoob tarakki de aur unki har takleef aur ghum mujhe dede Khuda.Unpar koi museebat na aaye. Apni rehmat aur hifazat sab par banaye rakhna. Ameen

A tear slipped out of my eye as I raised my hands for Dua asking for the best for Shehryaar. I rubbed my hands across my face as I finished my prayer.

Just then my phone buzzed. Ignoring it I bent down in prostration once again before getting up.

The phone buzzed again and I ignored it folding the prayer mat.The phone buzzed again

. Kisko itni takleef hai zara sabr nai kar sakte. I huffed in annoyance as I received the call without checking who it was.

Before I could say anything the person from the other end spoke."Where in the world were you Zahra?And why weren't you picking up the call? Do you know how worried I got  just now?" He bombarded me with questions and I moved the phone little far from my ear.

"Shehryaar calm down I was praying that's why didn't answer and where is the fire that you are in such a rush" I replied back.

"Oh okay I had called to tell you to meet me by the lake at 6" He said and I frowned my eyebrows in confusion. "Why?" I asked and he sighed. "I have to tell you something" he said in a low voice which confused all the more.

"You can say it on the phone too na" I said as I didn't get why he wanted me to meet him when he could say it on the phone too. "No! Zahra I..I have to tell you my decision" he said and my words died down.

"Zahra.Whatever my decision would be it would impact our lives greatly. Promise me you'll adapt to the change" He said and I bit my lip nodding as though he could see.

"I will" I said lowly. "Good! Then be there on time" he said and hung up, his voice filled with enthusiasm which made me smile.

I glanced at the clock and it was 3:00 . I had ample time to get ready. Sighing I sat down on the couch as I smiled when I look back at all the memories in these two months flashed.

Everything had changed. Everything was new,different and beautiful to me.Our relationship seemed quite good.

Its amazing how comfortable the two of us have got to each other in a matter of these weeks. Who could say that it's the same Shehryaar,who few weeks back didn't even bother to talk properly now cares for me.

Were my dreams really coming true? Did my another chance proved worth it?

My thoughts came to a halt when the doorbell rang. Getting up from the couch I made my way to the door. Opening it I saw a man holding a envelope in his hand. By the looks of him he seemed a courier boy. He smiled as he handed me the envelope and I returned the gesture.

Looking closely at the envelope in my hand I closed the door and went upstairs to our room. I opened the envelope and took out the paper.

My eyes went blurry as I read it and my hands trembled

Kyon meri rahen mujhse poochen ghar kahan hai
Kyon mujhse aake dastak pooche dar kahan hai
Rahen aisi jin ki manzil hi nahi
Dhoondo mujhe ab mein rehta hoon wahin
Dil hai kahin aur dharkan hai kahin
Sansein hain magar kyon zinda mein nahin

I quickly rushed to the table and searched for them. I then checked the cupboard,the study and the locker too.

My world came crashing down when it hit me."Shehryaar" I said through my quivering lips and my broken voice.

Rait bani hathon se yun beh gai
Taqdeer meri bikhri har jaga
Kaise likhon phir se nai daastan
Gam ki siahi dikhti hai kahan
Aahen jo chuni hain meri thein raza
Rehta hoon kyon phir khud se hi khafa
Aisi bhi hui thi mujhse kya khata
Tune jo mujhe di jeene ki saza

'I have made my decision'

'Whatever decision I make would impact our lives greatly,promise me you will adapt to the change.'

"Kyun? Allah mere saath aisa kyun kar rahe aap" I whimpered as tears rolled down.

Bande tere mathe pe hain jo kiche
Bas chand lakeeron jitna hai jahan
Aansoo mere mujh ko mitate rahe
Rab ka hukum na mit ta hai yahan

'Keep expecting the unexpected'

'I cannot give you the love you expect'

"Allah!! Kyun!! " I yelled as I fall down to the floor with his words ringing in my ears.

"Kyun de raha hai mujhe ye saza"  My words dying down as I stared at the letter which asked the final consent for filling the petition papers for divorce.

Maybe this was our fate. Maybe we weren't ever destined to be together.

My phone buzzed and I checked it to reveal a message from Shehryaar. Be ready and come on time.

A sob escaped my lips as I read the message. I stood up but my knees felt weak. Making my way to the washroom I splashed some cold water on my face and looked up in the mirror. My eyes welled up again seeing my reflection and I walked out.

Rahen aisi jin ki manzil hi nahi
Dhoondo mujhe ab mein rehta hoon wahin
Dil hai kahin aur dharkan hai kahin
Sansein hain magar kyon zinda nahin

Slipping on my dress I stuffed my things in my bag as I get ready to leave. Leave behind all my memories with you.

Kyon mein jagoon aur woh sapne bo raha hai
Kyon mera rab yun ankhen khole so raha hai

Tears formed again as I swipe my hand across our marriage picture. Keeping it back I walked out of the house locking it and heading to the place where I would meet Shehryaar for the last time.

Aap ke saath nahi to aapke yaado ke saath  aapke saath bitaye khubsurat lamho ke sahare hi jee lungi mai Shehryaar..

Sorry to be late but Eid Mubarak to all of you.

In the previous chapter you might have noticed my incomplete note in the beginning.

Well I actually wanted to say that this whole thing, the whole story is my own imagination. One of you messaged me saying where did I copy this all from and it seriously felt bad. I may not be that good but I'm also not that cheap to copy someone else's hardwork.

Anyways it doesn't matter to me as I know what I write is my own.

Leaving it aside. Thank you maham for this beautiful cover.

And I know this chapter was not upto the mark. I couldn't quite justify the feels here.

But I cried actually while writing:'(

Do leave me lots of comments and Dil e naadan is #55 in short story! All because of you amazing readers.

SEE YOU SOON

~SHABISTAAH