Happy July everyone!!
I know for some this means sparks and fireworks especially for all those Cancer/Leo children around. Happy birthday to all!! But in tune with celebrating life and all that it has to offer we would like to take this month to talk about suicide awareness and self harm.
Self harm has been an issue that is either whispered in hallways or romanticized in media so much so that its often portrayed as art, beauty. But pain isn't beauty and neither is suffering and this month we take an in-depth look into what it really means to live with scars.
We also join forces with @no_suicide for our monthly competition as well as lots of interesting interviews from our Wattpad campaigns where they share their stories with us and what drove them to start their campaigns.
From all of us at TheSafeZone remember you are never alone and your life has a purpose!
Link to the petition: https://www.change.org/p/roman-prezioso-west-virginia-education-budget?recruiter=486806834&utm_source=petitions_show_components_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink
Warning: Due to this issue's sensitive topic, the magazine may seem a little biased to not give the wrong message. We definitely do not condone the use of self-harm as a coping mechanism or suicide as a way out. If an article is heavily opinionated, we put a warning. Thank you for reading!
- Table Of Contents
- What is Self Harm?
- Reasons To Live
- Fighting to Survive
- It's Still Beautiful With All The Flaws
- Talent Corner
- Ryan Rants: It's Not Beautiful
- Getting To Know ProjectEvangeline and ProjectCharlieSmith
- News Corner
- Alternatives To Self Harm
- Getting To Know ProjectSuicidal and StopSuicide
- How To Talk To A Suicidal by a Suicidal
- Getting To Know NoMoreScars and NoSuicide
- Coping With Suicidal Thoughts
- It Gets Better, I Promise
- Bonus Article: PTSD and Suicide in the Military
- Citations and Credits
- Editors Note
- Content Submissions