𝐮𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 ‧ haikyuu

By VENUSTAR-R

in which the karasuno boys encounter a mysterious girl working in their coach's convenience store, only to fi... More

𝐔𝐊𝐀𝐈 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 ‒ ♡
♡ 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 ♡
♡ 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐰𝐚 ♡
♡ 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐢 ♡
♡ 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝟐𝐚𝐦 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐚 ♡
♡ 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭 ♡
♡ 𝐚𝐨𝐛𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐬𝐚𝐢 ♡
♡ 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 ♡
♡ 𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ♡
♡ 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐮𝐤𝐚𝐢𝐬 (𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞) ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐨 ♡
♡ 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫 ♡
♡ 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐥𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝐨𝐡 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟎𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐛𝐨𝐛𝐚 ♡
♡ 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝- ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐠 ♡
♡ 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐨 ♡
♡ 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭-𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 ♡
♡ 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 ♡
♡ 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩 ♡
♡ 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ♡
♡ 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝐛𝐚𝐫-𝐛𝐞-𝐪𝐮𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐰𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 ♡
♡ 𝐀𝐒𝐌𝐑 ♡
♡ 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ♡
♡ 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬... 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞? ♡
♡ 𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐨𝐤𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐭𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨 ♡
♡ 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐮𝐦 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 ♡
♡ 𝐟𝐮𝐤𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐢 ♡
♡ 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 ♡
♡ 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 ♡
♡ 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐮𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐮𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 ♡
♡ 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 ♡
♡ 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 ♡
♡ 𝐠𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐮𝐫𝐢 𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧) ♡
♡ 𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐰 ♡
♡ 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 ♡
𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ‒ ♡
𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢
𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐡𝐢
𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢
𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐢
𝐤𝐢𝐲𝐨𝐤𝐨
𝐨𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐰𝐚
𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐢
𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚
𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐮
𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐣𝐢𝐦𝐚
𝐅𝐈𝐍 ‒ ♡

♡ 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐢 ♡

17.6K 748 210
By VENUSTAR-R

𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐢
2.9

It was late that Tuesday night when Semi found her. Almost two am, in fact, so maybe it was extremely early Wednesday instead.

He had been on another of his late-night strolls, having to escape his room for a bit after Tendou's constant bothering. Not that he hated it, just it was nice to get a break once in a while. And apart from the music room, he would often find himself wandering into the library.

At the dead of night, of course he hadn't expected to see anyone there. But, much to his surprise, hunched over at a couch with her head rested on her palm as her stressed eyes flickered between the books splayed out in front of her, was a certain Ukai.

So immersed in her studying, she didn't even look up when he took the seat next to her, the cushioned furniture dipping slightly.

Semi's brows creased in concern, lightly tapping the girl on the shoulder, "Uh, (Y/N)?" 

She glanced at him, the evident tension in her stiff body never leaving, "Oh, hey, Semi," She mumbled tiredly quickly returning to her work, "Did you and Tendou finish the movie?"

Now Semi was very concerned, "Uh, yeah. Like, five hours ago,"

(Y/N) stopped writing, the fountain pen coming to a halt on her kanji-filled notebooks as she blinked slowly.

"(Y/N)," Semi started, "How long have you been working?"

Alarm revealed itself in her (E/C) eyes, her whole body stiffening. She gave him a weak grin, though clearly fake, "Uh, not long," Were her eyes red? "Don't worry about me, Semi-Semi! I'm okay,"

She had thought breaking away from her stressed self was easy, when falling back into the unhealthy habits and constant worrying was so, so much easier. Clambering out of the hole was hard work, but slipping back in only took one wrong step.

It wasn't hard for the setter to see just this, seeing how the late nights and worrying she used to refer to in past tense were now becoming the present. And he wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with that wretched mother of hers. More than anything, he realized how much she needed these boys there for her.

Sighing, Semi walked over to the electric kettle in the corner, preparing them both something light. He didn't fail to notice how (Y/N) watched him from her couch, drooped eyes trailing his figure with curiosity. 

Giving her one mug, keeping the other to himself, he also brought out the many blankets Shitatorizawa's library offered, draping it over the two as they sat together in the couch. One of the fanciest schools in the country had to provide the resources necessary for their students to be comfortable.

Eyes studying her exhausted (both mentally and physically) figure, he bit the inside of his cheek, "What's up?" His voice was surprisingly welcoming. Not demanding or too careful as if she would break. It was like a light breeze at the sea on a hot summers day.

She sipped her tea apprehensively, debating whether or not to tell him. One glance at his kind eyes and soft expression that was accentuated by the dim light of the library was enough to make her break.

Letting out a breath that she didn't even know she was holding in made her deflate, her shoulders sagging as she cupped the warm drink in her hands, "My... my mother found out I've been slacking off. And, well, I have," He stayed quiet, patiently waiting for her to continue, "You guys didn't know me before the summer, but... Fuck I was a mess."

She subconsciously leaned into Semi, making the setters cheeks burn up.

"And I thought I could change. Should've known better," She let out a small chuckle, "And well, I got a call from her. And she's not wrong. I mean, I've barely done any of my summer homework. Plus, I've been wasting this great opportunity at this business class. I mean, I'm a third year. I haven't even started thinking about college. Mom wants me to get into Tokyo or like, Cambridge or something. And I don't even know if I can get into anything like that. I mean, everyone had such high hopes for me, but-"

She sighed.

"And I guess I just..." It had been a while since she studied so hard she lost track of time, not even noticing when it had been five hours. She was shocked it had come to this, the thought that she was falling back into her unhealthy habits creeping up on her like a cold. "I... I'm not meeting their expectations... And I'm disappointing them," She murmured the last part, sinking into the couch even more.

Semi couldn't help but let his arm wrap around her, softly stroking her bicep as she leaned against him just a little more, the steam from their drinks warming the two up. It was his job to cheer his kouhais up when they were upset, though mainly Goshiki, so comforting people was like a second language to him. Even still, he had to find the right words, "Look, (Y/N)," He mumbled against her head, "I- I know I can't just tell you to stop. 'Don't be stressed' or whatever bullshit adults say. J- Just know that we're here, okay? And no matter what, we- we love you."

(Y/N) looked up at him with bewildered eyes, smiling softly at his flushed cheeks. 

"Aha, yeah..." Semi chuckled, "Believe it or not, you've become a big part of the team's lives in just a few weeks. We care about you, (Y/N). I mean, how could we not? You're fucking amazing! Your mom isn't shit," 

(Y/N) burst out laughing, almost spilling the tea in the process.

"It's true. If that old hag can't see your worth than fuck her!" The grey-haired setter said a little more confidently, glad to see the warmth return to her eyes, "We'll get you out of it. Slowly, but surely."

She pursed her lips, gratefulness seeping through her features, "Thank you, Semi. It means a lot,"

He hummed, "Now, have you eaten?"

She looked away bashfully. Obviously not. She didn't even know dinner had passed.

He didn't scold her or tell her off. He just lifted her up, leading her to the cafeteria in silence.

And as (Y/N) looked up, the moonlight highlighting his calm features, she may have realized that these boys were a lot more to her than just amusement for the summer.

(sorry for the short chapter jsjsjhh)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 1.6K 37
☆ in which a weird girl manages to become best friends with two well-reserved volleyball boys over the well-known app discord ☆fem!she/they reader !i...
45.6K 1.3K 34
*COVER CREDS: demigodextraordinare Akira Kuroo had been living on her own during her last year of university with only the support of her brother. Be...
1.6M 69.3K 36
Being the daughter of a prodigy volleyball player from Shiratorizawa meant that the demon coach entrusted no one else but you to manage the boys' vol...
466K 12.6K 51
Y/n wasn't excepting this to happen... Becoming one of the manager of the Karasuno's volleyball team and dealing with a past crush. her life really...