♡ 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐠 ♡

𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐠
3.6

A golden hue enveloped the slanted rooftop of Keishin's store, the afternoon light brightening (Y/N)'s thinking face as she gazed off into the distance. It was quiet, the majority of people most likely in their homes at this hour of summer, but on the rooftop it wasn't hot, credit due to the gentle breeze that kissed (Y/N)'s skin as it brushed past.

She brought the cigarette up to her lips, taking in a long drag yet not ripping her sight off of the orange sky, the warm colours soon bleeding into a dark blue, almost black. It had been a while since she had had a cigarette, her last time probably being right after she had broken up with Keiji. 

She sighed, the grey smoke curling before it disappeared into the air. 

Before she knew it, it was snatched out of her limp wrists, a figure sitting down next to her.

She didn't have to look at him to know it was her dad, joining her on the rooftop of his store. She wouldn't get scolded, no. There was a good chance that he would just join her.

And as he took his own deep breath of the addicting substance (please my mom smokes i can't do this she's literally dying from it IJAKJSKS-) her theory was proven true. 

"No wonder there was one missing," He hummed, leaning back a little as they watched the sun start to dip over the horizon, "Tough day?" He was her father, so of course he would notice how different she was the past week. He hadn't even seen her that often, most of her time spent being cooped up at Shiratorizawa.

She groaned, "Tough week,"

He nodded with a single laugh, not saying much as he gave the cigarette back to her, lighting his own. And there they sat in silence, smoking their problems away. Not that they would just disappear, but it was nice to just leave them be for a bit. Sunsets always gave that opportunity, the chance to just forget everything for a good ten minutes, maybe twenty.

Keishin knew his daughter didn't want to talk. If she wanted that, she would've gone somewhere else, not on the rooftop at sunset with a cigarette hung loosely between her fingers. Right now, as she leaned her head against his shoulder, she just needed her dad. 

Ushijima had startled her when he walked into the lounge at the early hours of the morning, a new day just barely beginning. For (Y/N), it was more like the late night, her whole evening back at Shiratorizawa spent reading the book she hadn't gotten the chance to finish before. Needless to say, the words barely looked like English to her.