Four Beating Hearts

By elizaheart2364

Penelope Winston is a 17 year old girl with her old sister being the only remaining family she has. Being a l... More

Meet the Characters
1 - how we left
2 - what nightmares are made of
3 - found
4 - hospital
5 - adjustments
6 - misunderstandings
8 - clingy
9 - new day
10 - rest
11 - quiet
12 - slip?
13 - play
14 - nightmares
15 - answers
16 - first day
17 - school
18 - free
19 - routines
20 - cuddles
21 - back at the hospital
22 - little big little
23 - separation
24 - happy
25 - new waters
26 - punishments and rewards
27 - what do i call you
28 - park
29 - police
30 - parents
31 - night
32 - it's a new day
33 - naps and tears
34 - mama
35 - first night
36 - morning
37 - play
38 - milkies
39 - family trouble
40 - bad vibes
41 - abandonment
42 - adopt
43 - safe
44 - depression
45 - anxiety
46 - history
47 - openness
48 - regress
49 - promises
50 - Pouty Baby
51 - leaving
52 - momma
Not an update, but pls read
53 - as we know it
54 - missing you
55 - worry
56 - Little Not
57 - Broken
58 - Mommy's Love
59 - Drunk
60 - the end

7 - ana

14.4K 391 51
By elizaheart2364

Penelope POV

Beth explained the whole crib ordeal to Mari and Bella and we sat in the living room for a little bit before I decided I wanted to see Ana. So that's where we are pulling up to now, the only cemetery in our town.

Mari reached down to grab my hand while Bella grabbed the other and Beth was following behind us. We made it to Ana's headstone quickly and I gasped at it. The photo they used had always been one of my favorites of hers.

I looked back at the three women, "Do you mind if I spend some time alone with her?" I asked quietly and they all gave me a sad smile while nodding.

"Of course sweetie, we'll be right by that tree if you need us." Beth told me as she gave me a hug. Mari and Bella both kissed the top of my head before all three women left.

I sat down in front of her headstone and ran my fingers across her name. I gasped softly when I saw that she had actually died three days after I left.

"Hi sissy. I really miss you." I paused not sure exactly what to say. "I'm so sorry I left the way I did, you knowing I lied to you. You must have been so panicked when you found out. I never stopped thinking about you this summer. You were always my goal, to make it back home to you. I guess I made it a little too late, but I'm here now."

I played with the grass a little as tears formed in my eyes. "Those people I was with...you didn't know about them, but they did awful things to me sissy. But I'm away from them and now I have Mari and her wives who have been so caring and loving to me even though it's only been a day with them."

I looked back to the three women who were talking and decided it was time to go. "It's getting kind of late now, so I should probably go now. I love you big sissy. I'll see you soon." I told Ana one last time before getting up and walking over to the women.

Beth saw me coming first and pushed her way past Mari and Bella so I lifted my arms up to her and she gladly picked me up. Resting my head on her chest the other two came over. Mari had a slight pout on her face.

"Penny, you've known me longer. Why are you always so cuddly with Beth?" Mari whined to me causing me to blush. I knew I was always wanting to be with Beth, but I didn't think anyone else noticed.

Too embarrassed to answer, I pushed my face into the crook of Beth's neck causing Beth to chuckle. "Babe, leave her alone. She knows who gives the best cuddles." Beth told Mari and I whined more.

They all laughed at that before we made our way down to the car. Beth set me down in the middle seat and buckled me in before sliding in next to me and buckling herself in.

I frowned when I realized I couldn't sit in her lap. Beth frowned mockingly back at me, "I've let you get spoiled with that huh? It's not safe sweetie, I'm sorry, but I'm still right next to you." She told me so I nodded in defeat.

"I know, I guess this will have to do." I told her while I wrapped one of my arms around hers and laid my head on her shoulder. She kissed the top of my head causing me to smile.

"It's getting kind of later than we intended, do we want to pick up fast food? What are you in the mood for Penny?" Bella asked me.

I sort of shrugged, "I already ate with you remember?" I asked Bella confused.

Bella turned around slightly and tilted her head, "Penny, that was just a small snack. We need to actually have dinner."

I furrowed my brows at that and Mari noticed in the rearview mirror as she was the one driving. "Penny, please tell me you ate multiple times a day while you were gone?" Mari asked and I looked worriedly up to Beth.

She kissed my forehead and wrapped her arms around me the best that she could, "Shh, it's okay if you didn't, but that's changing with us. You need to be healthy, so that means eating breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus snacks in between." Beth told me and I cried softly.

"But I'm not good enough for all of that food," I told her truthfully causing to hold me just a little tighter.

"Penny, I promise you sweet girl you are. I don't know who told you, maybe those people you were with, but I promise you that you are. That is never a way to treat someone, especially when I know you did nothing wrong." Mari spoke up and I could tell she was upset.

I had to tell the doctor about the two people who held me, so that's how Mari, Bella, and Beth knew about them, but I refused to give their names. I didn't know if those were even their real names and I didn't want anyone to get hurt trying to catch them. It was just better left alone.

I felt Beth unwrap her arms, but she kept one tightly around me so I rested up against her.

"Well how about something simple, like McDonalds?" Bella asked trying to ease the tension.

I smiled at the thought, Ana used to always take me there. "Can I have a happy meal?" I asked quietly knowing Ana used to always get it for me without question.

All the women in the car chuckled and I could feel Beth nod, "If that's what you want sweetie, then absolutely."

Mariana POV

It wasn't long for us to get our McDonalds and get home. Bella was getting Penny settled at the table with her food while I excused myself. I heard Beth following behind me so I left the bedroom door open as I collapsed onto the floor against the wall.

Beth quietly walked over to me and sat down next to me. She didn't say anything but pull me into her arms.

I cried softly as she ran her fingers through my hair until I finally found the words needed to be said. "How could those monsters tell her she wasn't good enough to have food? Food? Who would do that Beth?" I asked my wife needing her sense of strength to pull me through.

She rocked me with her, "I don't have the answer you need babe. Penny didn't want to tell us who did this to her, and you know we can't force her to tell us. I wish she would so we could make sure they can never hurt anyone again, but I'm sure Penny has her reasons. We have to respect that. You can cry and be upset all you want, in here, but you need to put on a strong face for Penny. Her life has been less than stable for the past two months so we need to be the ones who make her feel safe again."

I chuckled a little at her, "You're such a mom. Even to your wives." I told her and she pinched my side causing me to yelp.

"Hey! It's a compliment." I tried to defend myself while looking up at her. She raised her brows not really believing it so I rolled my eyes before laying my head back on her shoulder.

"It is. I know what I said before we got to the car, but it's true. Penny has latched onto you because you're such a mom. You have a sense of love, and stability, and safety that just oozes from your being. It's a good thing," I told her the last part looking back up at her.

She smiled before pecking my lips, "I love you Mariana," she told me and I reciprocated before we decided to head back downstairs.

Isabella POV

Mariana and Beth had gone upstairs, so I stayed downstairs with Penny and ate. Ana had looked upset so I'm glad Beth went with her, she typically calms us down the best.

"Bellaaaa. I'm done with my food, may I go sit in the living room?" Penny asked me breaking me from my trance.

I quickly nodded, "Go right ahead sweetie. I'll clean up and be in there with you soon." I told her as she scurried away and I through away our trash. Making my way to the living room, I smiled when I saw Penny had one of our fluffy blankets out and she was sitting on the couch.

She saw me and opened the blanket up I'm assuming for me. Instead, I scooped her into my arms and sat down with her in my lap, the blanket falling into place around us. Penny laid her head on my chest as she watched The Parent Trap on television.

Mariana and Beth both came downstairs and I had just looked down to see Penny asleep on my chest. I looked to my wives with a curious brow, "Everything alright?" I asked because I saw that Mariana had been crying.

Mariana simply nodded and Beth rolled her eyes at that, "It is, but we can explain that once we put this little one to bed." Beth told me as she walked over I'm guessing to get Penny.

I shook my head with a laugh, "Go eat, I'll put her to bed." I told my wife and she pouted.

"You will see her in the morning." I said with a raised brow and she sighed in defeat as she walked back into the kitchen.

I on the other hand carefully stood up with Penny in my arms and made my way upstairs with her. I stopped at the bathroom unsure if I should see if she needs to use it or not before going to bed.

Deciding rather to be safe than sorry, I woke her up. "Penny, Penny sweet girl," She opened her eyes slowly, "I think you should use the bathroom one last time before going to bed." I told her and she nodded in agreement.

I carefully set her down and she walked into the bathroom and closed the door. A few moments later she walked back out and lifted her arms up tom me causing a chuckle to escape my throat.

I picked her back up and carried her into the guest bedroom. Carefully setting her on the bed, I let her keep the fluffy blanket even though there was a comforter set on there. She's a little and that could give her some extra comfort is what I was thinking.

I smiled after I tucked her in because she brought the blanket up against her face and rubbed against it. I kissed her forehead and told her we'd see her in the morning, but she was already fast asleep again.

I carefully left the door cracked and made my way downstairs to see my wives. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 1K 44
Charlotte was taken away from her family at the age of two by her mother. Charlotte has become your stereotypically troubled teen and spends her tim...
65.4K 1.2K 20
Mia Lopez is a 17 year old girl from a family where she only loves her younger brother Kyle. What happens when Cameron takes all that away from her...
852 49 25
From the outside Penelope was the embodiment of perfection, she was a careful girl perfect grades, never cussed or gave attitude she was every parent...
1.3K 23 15
An age gap unlike the rest...When Evan, a 24 year old and recent college grad, comes face to face with Brooke, his childhood nanny and mother's best...