Better - The Marauders

By partlystiles

"𝐖𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞. 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐜�... More

BETTER
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY-ONE
SEVENTY-TWO
SEVENTY-THREE
SEVENTY-FOUR
SEVENTY-FIVE
SEVENTY-SIX
SEVENTY-SEVEN
SEVENTY-EIGHT
SEVENTY-NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY-ONE
EIGHTY-TWO
EIGHTY-THREE
EIGHTY-FOUR
EIGHTY-FIVE
EIGHTY-SIX
EIGHTY-SEVEN
EIGHTY-EIGHT
EIGHTY-NINE
NINETY
NINETY-ONE
NINETY-TWO
NINETY-THREE
NINETY-FOUR
NINETY-FIVE
NINETY-SIX
NINETY-SEVEN
NINETY-EIGHT
NINETY-NINE
ONE HUNDRED
EPILOGUE
THANK YOU!!!
WORSE

FORTY

18.1K 711 564
By partlystiles

- Chapter Forty -
"Don't think about Sebastian."

Hangover: A common nonmedical term for the disagreeable physical effects following excessive consumption of alcohol or the use of other psychoactive drugs. It is associated with a variety of symptoms that may include drowsiness, headache, concentration problems, dry mouth, dizziness, gastrointestinal complaints, fatigue, sweating, nausea, hyper-excitability, anxiety, and a feeling of general discomfort that may last more than 24 hours.

She hadn't been warned about this.

Elladora couldn't be more pissed off. But the thing is, she didn't really have the energy to be pissed off or angry. The girl awoke as normally as she could in the boys dorm, her eyes opened slowly and she rubbed them sluggishly, but the real symptoms started when she sat up and a sudden searing pain erupted in her head.

A groan left her lips and she forced herself to lie back down, holding a hand to her head whilst forcing her eyes open once again. A beam of blazing sunlight gleamed through a small crack in the curtains and she winced, covering her eyes with a painful whine. It was like a rubber band was squeezing around her head and not letting up, just getting smaller and smaller, making it feel like it was going to explode into oblivion.

"Ow." She mumbled and when she spoke it was worse, when she thought it was horrible and just lying there felt like she was going to die. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow."

"Dora?" Somebody mumbled and she forced one of her eyes open, groaning at the light, her headache getting even worse. Through her one open eye, she saw Peter looking over the side of his bed, his hair was sticking up all over the place but the fluff had never left as he rubbed his eyes. "Are you okay?"

"Everything hurts." She croaked out, groaning again and putting a hand to her forehead.

A small chuckle left his lips as he looked down at her, rubbing his eyes once again. He pulled back the covers of his bed and swung his legs over the side, putting them down on the wooden floor. Elladora couldn't see what he was doing but she did hear him pad over to Sirius' bed and then come back after a couple of minutes.

He leant down and placed something in her hand. Looking down, she saw that they were sunglasses and she looked back up at Peter and furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion.

"Why?"

"Your eyes will be sensitive to the light for a couple of hours, maybe more since you had a lot to drink. Sunglasses are the best bet, plus you look like someone poked you in the eye about ten times." He told her. "Sirius has too many pairs of sunglasses, I don't even know why he has that many but I guess it's best not to ask."

She hummed in agreement before sluggishly putting the glasses on and looking up at him. He couldn't stop the smile appearing on his face as he looked down at the glasses that were far too big for her head.

"What?" She asked and slowly lowered herself back down on the sheets in order not to cause more pain for herself.

"The glasses are massive on you." He laughed and she smiled lazily, bringing the covers up higher over her body. "You look like a fly." He lay on his side and propped up his head with his hand.

She smiled slightly and started to laugh, before wincing and holding a hand to her head once again and groaning in exhaustion. Peter laughed once again and put a hand over his mouth to smother his laughter.

Elladora snatched one of the pillows from under her head and threw it up at him, using the last of her energy for violence.

"Why are you not in pain like me?" She asked.

"Because I'm responsible and mature, only had a few drinks."

"I'm mature."

He only hummed in agreement and gently passed down the pillow to her again. After all, it was only 6am and he figured that she could do with some sleep, it might make her hangover the slightest bit better. But then again, she had a lot to drink the previous night.

•*•*•*•*•

She only got an hour and a half more sleep and it didn't help like Peter thought it would, instead she was in even more pain and even more grouchy. What made it worse was that Sirius was in the same kind of mood, so they had two moody teenagers to deal with all day. The three that either didn't have a hangover or didn't have one that bad, had all tried to prepare for their attitudes.

So far, Sirius and Elladora hadn't been that bad. Though there was a bit of stomping and slouching whilst they walked down the corridor to breakfast, both of them with black sunglasses covering their eyes and cloak hoods pulled over their heads.

"I'm never drinking again." The girl mumbled and hiked her bag further onto her shoulder, which felt like great effort but wasn't really.

"You say that," Sirius spoke up with a sigh. "But then there's just something about alcohol that makes it so addictive."

"Is it the endorphins and increasing dopamine levels?" She muttered back, her voice void of any emotion as they walked side by side.

"I don't know what that means," He said in the same kind of tone. "But I love how smart you are when when you're incredibly hungover."

"Thank you." She tried to turn her head to face him but the headache was too strong so it was only a small sort of turn before she faced forward again and went to turn a corner before a hand was on her shoulder.

She turned around slowly to see Remus, James and Peter there, pointing behind them.

"We just passed the Great Hall." James said and turned them both around by their shoulders, causing them both to whine in protest. "Go on." He pushed them slightly and they were back off down the corridor, their feet hitting the ground heavily as they did so.

As they turned into the Great Hall, it was even worse. There were more lights, with the large window behind the stage table and the ceiling the colour of the morning sun, paired with some lit candles around the wall, made Elladora's eyes hurt even more. Not only was it the light, but hundreds of students were already seated at the tables, chatting away and sometimes shouting. She wouldn't have had a problem with it if she wasn't hungover but because she was, she had a massive problem.

The Marauders sat themselves down at their usual place at the Gryffindor breakfast table. Sirius and Elladora didn't make a move and just sat there, staring into space whilst holding their foreheads. It was like a million different pins and needs were prickling onto her head and someone was hitting it over and over and over again.

Oh yeah, she was never drinking again.

"Have some porridge." Remus pushed one over, trying to coax her into it. All she did was take the bowl and bring it closer but made no move to eat it. He shrugged when he saw that she wasn't eating it and grabbed her soon for her, scooping up a bit of porridge and holding it out for her.

"Come on, you have to eat."

"Do I?"

"Yes." He told her firmly and pushed the spoon closer. She gave a small sigh and leaned forward, putting her mouth over the spoon and eating the porridge that was piled up onto it.

"Uh, why is Remus feeding Elladora porridge?" Lily Evans approached them, taking a seat next to Elladora, she seemed very out of it and tired too, but not as much as the others.

"She won't eat." Remus told her and scooped another one up, but this time he grabbed her hand and wrapped it around the handle. When he let go, she raised it to her own mouth and ate it, then continued to eat it on her own. "Too hungover."

Lily smiled in amusement and grabbed a plate of toast as the other Gryffindor girls in her dorm came over and sat with her. Elladora scooted closer to Peter, who was sat next to her, and leaned her head sluggishly onto his shoulder because she really didn't feel like dealing with all the squealing girls today.

Marlene McKinnon and Mary McDonald didn't seem to be that affected, which meant they had their normal energy, which Elladora wasn't a fan of. No offence to the girls themselves, but the Slytherin really prefers to just have the chill, but sometimes reckless attitude of a Marauder, after all that's what she had been taught to do. From not really any personality to the one of a Marauder because they're the ones that made her like she is. Who would she be to not get influenced?

She remembers the first time she ever really spoke to one of them, of course Remus on that night. But also Sirius, when they had detention together. She remembers when he suggested that they go somewhere else and she had slapped him across the face for his rude insinuations. Of course, he was only trying to help Remus and not do the job he'd been asked, to, but Elladora had a better plan, that was sneaking back into Slughorn's classroom and destroying it all. After that, she remembers when he asked her to be a marauder and she said no.

But now she can't imagine what her life would be like without them. Probably still a dull mess of nothingness. But she didn't need to worry about that, it's not going to go downhill any time soon.

The bell suddenly rang around the hall, giving her an extra reason to be mad at the word. Her hands gripped her head again as she dropped the spoon and whined in pain. Peter rubbed her back slightly and then stood with the rest of them, Elladora and Sirius being the tad bit slower.

"Elladora!" A voice called out whilst they were going out of the Great Hall.

"No." She replied and gripped onto her bag, walking next to James with a screwed up expression of pain.

"Elladora, please, can we just talk?" Somebody grabbed into her arm and she turned her head slowly to see Regulus Black through the dark lenses of her sunglasses. She stared at him for a moment and remembered that they did actually need to talk, about how he treated those second years and he had actually been doing it some more recently, but she was warned not to step in to prevent it from starting another fight.

"Later." She waved it off and walked away with the boys again, leaving Regulus to stand behind. "Common room."

"You know, I don't know whether to be confused or angry that you're talking to my brother but right now, I don't really care." Sirius said whilst they turned around a corner to walk down another corridor to their Charms class that they had together.

"Good."

"Elladora," James spoke up, worming his way in between her and Peter. She hummed in acknowledgment as they passed a portrait of a little dinner party. "Who's Sebastian?" He asked, the question that had been nagging him all night.

She froze slightly, went rigid with shock, which caused the other boys to freeze too. They watched as she just stood there, but it was quite hard to see what she was thinking because of the massive glasses over her face.

She wanted to tell them that Sebastian was the best brother you could ever have, she wanted to tell them that he would hold you if you show even one sad emotions. Sebastian was the kindest soul on the earth, despite the torture that he grew up in, he was a boy who didn't deserve what he got, he was a boy that deserved everything but death.

Even when he and Elladora would get into an argument over the pettiest thing, he would apologise so that they wouldn't fight. Elladora is too stubborn to apologise, but now she wished that just once, that he had apologised first instead of him. Because every time he apologised to her, she would feel so happy that they were friends again and burst into tears whilst hugging him tightly.

"He's my brother," She settled on eventually and began walking again, thought it was definitely slower than before.

"You have a brother?" Remus asked, tilting his head to the side in interest.

"Yeah." She cleared her throat and thanked the heavens above when she could see that they were approaching their charms classroom. "He works over in America."

"Cool," Peter smiled at her and she forced a small smile back. "What does he do there?"

"Uh, he..." She trailed off, trying to think of something to say. "Is a magizoologist."

"Like that Newt Evamander guy?" Sirius asked and she only nodded, trying to get her though to off of her brother and onto Newt Scamabder

Think of his book, think of his writing and sketches that make you so happy to read because he's so passionate about it. Think about Newt Scamander, think about Pickett, his Bowtruckle and his Niffler. Think about it.

Don't think about Sebastian, don't reminisce on all the good times you had together. Don't

"Yeah..." She trailed off. "Like Newt Scamander, oh well here's Charms." She hastily entered her Charms classroom, followed by the boys as she went and took a seat at the back by herself.

Don't think about Sebastian.

•*•*•*•*•
A/N: I wanna know who you guys ship Dora with, because I see a lot of comments saying you don't know who to ship, so hand over your thoughts.

I know what I'm going to do with the book and her interests as such, but I like hearing your theories so drop them here too!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Epiphany By -

Fanfiction

2K 73 25
Lily's tired of the growing grudge that's taken over Hogwarts. She's tired of the Gryffindor-Slytherin rivalry, of the Marauders and their stupid pra...
320K 9.2K 39
'We'll 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐩𝐢𝐧, the pieces of our broken hearts back together' "I have to brew a difficult potion with him for months. And guess who my p...
12.2K 627 21
He placed his hands on either side, pinning her to the wall. "It's you, isn't it?" She gulped, "I'm not sure what you mean." He threw his head back a...
440K 10.7K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...