TWELVE

- Chapter Twelve -
"Do you need any help tonight? With the full moon?"

It was a very restless night for Elladora, she couldn't get to sleep, at all

It was a very restless night for Elladora, she couldn't get to sleep, at all. Falling asleep had never been a problem for her, but now it was, she couldn't understand why. Dawn began to crack and she could now tell that it was the early hours of the morning, still no sign of falling asleep, even when she got in the most comfortable position possible and pulled her covers over her head, there was still no way she was going to.

She settled on humming a small tune to herself whilst the other girls slept, it was no song in particular, just a gentle melody, that soothed her greatly. It was slow and serene as she stared up at the ceiling of the dorm, her eyes drooping closed and sleep eventually took over her.

But because all good things come to an end, she woke up what felt like 2 seconds later, to the hustling and bustling of her dorm mates getting changed and going down to breakfast, ready to start the Tuesday. She was still tired, obviously because she had gotten so little sleep in what felt like so little time.

Nonetheless, she rose from her comfortable duvet and grabbed her towels and her uniform, heading to the showers, where she did her daily thinking. Today's was her anxiety affecting her mind, what if, what if, what if. What if her mother found out that she tried to off herself? What if she was needed to go home sooner? What if she grew too close to someone, the marauder, per say and she put them in danger?

Not being able to take any more of the pressure building up on her, Elladora stepped turned off the water and grabbed her towel from the outside, drying her body as well as her long, brown, hair. After her naked body was more or less dry, she took her bra and underwear and slipped them on, picking up her long-sleeved blouse next, pulling it over her arms and doing the buttons. After they were her tights, she slipped them over her size 6 feet and pulled them up her legs, slipping on her shoes afterwards so her clothed feet didn't get wet. Her skirt was next, so she stepped into it and pulled it up, over her blouse so it was tucked in. Her fingers pulled the zip up, securing it around her waist as she moved to the singular button next, tightening it even more.

The tie was next. She tied it skilfully and hummed in approval as she pushed it up so it was right against her top button, making her uniform look even more presentable as she pulled her jumper over her head and primped it.

Elladora gathered up her pyjamas and her damp towels, putting them in the hamper that was placed in every dorm bathroom. She exited the showers and made a beeline for her wand, only two girls remained in the dorm, whispering to each other as they left without a word to her.

"Crinus Muto." She muttered and her wet hair slinked down into straight strands that flowed down the back of her head. Her cloak that was hanging on the cloak hook, was seized by her as she pulled it on, grabbing her bag and slipping out of the room without another look back.