Unspoken (Sebastian Vettel Fa...

By vebastian-settel

As one of the few women in the male-dominated world, Darcey doesn't go unnoticed, specifically by the driver... More

navy blue // 1
perfect strangers // 2
there she goes // 3
all stars // 4
celebrity bucket list // 5
partying in monaco // 6
fallin' all in you // 7
make it right // 8
birthday surprise // 9
old habits // 10
meet the parents // 11
the truth cuts deep // 12
i'm so tired...// 13
media attention // 14
what a time // 15
what are friends for // 16
singapore nights // 17
memories i have // 18
miracles happen // 19
let you know // 20
getting over you // 21
here we go again // 22
pick your side // 23
defensive // 24
baby scan // 25
chance for us // 26
not the right time // 27
home crowd // 28
back on track // 29
deserving of you // 30
speak soon // 31
thank you // 32
promotion // 33
the life you stole // 34
something's wrong // 35
all my fault // 36
recovery // 37
just you // 38
my champion // 39
all of you // 40
nightmare // 41
merry christmas // 42
spotlight // 43
christmas with the vettel's // 44

new beginnings // 45

2.6K 51 10
By vebastian-settel

You could say this year has been the hardest Darcey has ever had to endure, but it wasn't as simple as that. We go into each year saying 'it can't get any worse' or 'this year has to be better' and the truth is, it can - If you let it.

You see all of the best things in life come when you're out of your comfort zone, when your desire for change is bigger than the desire to stay. Because you see, everything worth doing is scary at first.

Now as they drove through the village of Bletchley , the place where it all began. It was all coming back to her - the childhood love, the racing, the garage and the dream. It was a strange feeling, knowing she didn't belong here anymore - like she was a stranger in her own childhood memories.

"Welcome home!" Claire announced upon there arrival, the words cut like a razor knife because right now it felt like anything but. Home. "Please come in, it's freezing"

"This is nothing compared to the Alps" Sebastian laughed, as they followed Claire into her home. They were prepared to book a hotel for the occasion, but Darcey's mum had passed on the idea. "Thanks again, for having me"

"Don't be silly, it's the least I could do for what you've done for me and my family." Claire smiled, remembering all he had done for her daughter. "Besides, I'm too young to be a Grandparent just yet." Darcey's face was a picture, just when she thought she couldn't embarrass her anymore. She did.

Travelling for weekends on end, the pair had perfected the art of living out a suitcase and this weekend was no different. They sat on the new spare bed which sat in Darcey's childhood bedroom - it would've been interesting to see the pair squeeze into a small single bed. Another thing that had changed was the interior, the pink walls had turned cream and the posters were no longer those of Justin Timberlake but of F1 drivers.

Then Darcey came across a man which she knew well, her father - Andrew. He was dressed in overalls and stood beside his two true loves, her mother and his stock car. The photographs documented years to follow, from his time with DC and the family garage. Darcey had been so emersed in the images she hadn't heard the knock on the door at first.

"I'm coming in, hope you're decent" Claire called, as she peeped through the door with towels and toiletries. Darcey sighed at her mother's second attempt to embarrass her.

"Mum" Darcey exhaled, while Sebastian struggled to hold back the laugh. It was a relief to know it wasn't just his family. "Please just go!"

"Alright, alright" Claire muttered, as she walked out smugly, to which Darcey turned around to find that Sebastian couldn't hold it in any longer.

Now with Claire out of their hair, the couple were able to shower and change in peace. But it wasn't long before they were on their way to Andrew's garage, hoping to surprise Liam at work.

As they walked towards the steel doors, the once busy car park was empty with Liam's car only one of two to be counted for. 

"This is my last offer, please consider it" The voice announced, and but it wasn't Liams. "When you're ready, you know where to find me"

Then as the figure appeared from around the car, briefcase in hand and a designer suit which told you he wasn't from around here. When Darcey walked in the direction he came from, she found Liam stood in an empty garage - studying a piece of paper in his hand.

"....I really hope I heard that wrong."

Liam's face told her everything she didn't want to know, her heart broke as she saw what was left of her father's dream. The garage hadn't been doing well, it had been slowly losing customers to bigger firms who could get the job done in half the time for half the amount. And Andrew's motor's just couldn't keep up with that.

The only thing left was to sell the garage as part of a franchise, take down the name and receive the equipment and funding they so desperately needed.

"I don't have much of a choice" Liam spoke, refusing to meet her eyes just yet. "I won't let this place run itself to the ground"

Seeing her father's once-thriving business struggling was a hard pill to swallow, it was his pride and joy. To not have his name hang above those big doors and have it transform into just another garage was heartbreaking for Darcey. She spent days on the phone to investors and banks trying to find a way around the change, but as New Year's Eve came - Liam suggested hosting it in the garage for one last goodbye.

The tiny silver lining to the lack of business was that they could clear out the space in time to set up tables, music and drinks. It was a bittersweet moment as Darcey got to celebrate a new year surrounded by the people she loved the most, in the place she loved the most. Before it became something new altogether.

"Hi guys, I have a few things I'd like to say" Liam stood in front of the small crowd of people, most of whom were customers or family friends. "We all know these last couple of years have been tough, but having this place where his presence still remained kept his spirit alive. I still find myself calling his name as I ask someone to lend me a hand. I still find myself ordering too many chips on Friday as I forget he isn't here to share them with me." Liam stopped as he cleared his throat, this was hard on him too, "This place has never just been my place of work, but rather my home. And lately, it's been hard here - times have changed and so we must. But in order to change, we need some help. Now I'm not going to lie to you, I came pretty close to selling up, but thankfully someone came along who shared my vision of having Andrew's name live on. So I give to you, Andrew's Motor's and Co. A new era. Andrew taught me everything I know, he believed in me as a young rebellious teenager. For the rest of my life I will think of you and the amazing things you did for me to make me who I am today, here's to Andrew" Then without thinking Darcey ran up to Liam, taking him in her arms as they both let out the breath they didn't know they were holding. He pulled back, wiping away her tears as she did his.

"That was beautiful"

"Thank you"

"But I don't understand, what changed?" Darcey choked out, as Claire appeared beside the two of them. She hugged Liam as if he was her own.

"Sometimes people come into our lives for a reason" Liam smiled, speaking rather hushedly before leaving the two women to it.

"He'd be so proud of you, of both of you" Claire expressed, as she was too - proud of them.

"Do you still miss him?" She asks hesitantly. Darcey watched as her mother's eyes blinked, the speech still putting her emotions through a spin. "Even after all this time?"

"I do," Claire spoke, as she watched as David walked towards them. "I have since the moment he took his last breathe and I will until the moment I take mine."

Then from across the room, Liam had poured himself and his investor a glass of champagne to honour Andrew and his garage.

"Aren't you going to give me the 'if you hurt my best friend, I'll kill you' talk?" Sebastian laughed, as he realised he hadn't yet won this family member around.

"Why? Darcey is perfectly capable of killing you herself, should the need arise." Liam pointed out, rightly so as he remembered the time he scared her in the garage. "However, I think today for one proves that you have Darcey's best interests at heart. Before Andrew passed away, I promised him I'd look out for Darcey no matter what - so it's good to see her in safe hands"

Sebastian nodded as he felt the heaviness of Liam's words, but then Darcey's voice broke him out of his deep thoughts.

"Did you really think I wouldn't know it was you?" Darcey came right out and said it, and that's when Liam made his swift exit - giving Sebastian a quick pat on the shoulder for good luck.

"I was counting on it actually," Sebastian uttered, he didn't want her knowing as he knew how she felt about people saving her. She wouldn't want him doing it just to please her.

"Why did you do that, and without speaking to me first?"

"I knew what it meant to you and to the people here, what your Dad meant to people. I couldn't let that be taken away," Sebastian expressed, he felt himself getting more and more I invested in this place and the people who lived here. "Liam said it, this place isn't just a garage. It's a home and that's what I want for you. For us"

"What do you mean for us?" Darcey whispered, scared that if she said it any louder her voice would break.

"This is home, this is what I want," Sebastian said, taking her hands in his own. "Let's move here"

"But what about your home?" Darcey asked, unsure about whether Sebastian had thought this through.

"I'm home as long as you're with me." Sebastian smiled, moving his hands to cup her face and rub his thumbs across her cheeks. Darcey smiled into his soft touch, knowing she had found her home - in him.

"I love you" Darcey whispered, tears falling from her eyes for the second time tonight.

"Ich Liebe duch" Sebastian whispered back, kissing her with every fibre of his being. "Do you think they'll notice if we're gone?" Sebastian asked as he glanced at his watch.

"What do you have in mind, Mr Vettel?"

11:58 pm - two minutes to go

The couple grabbed each other's hands, as they ran out of the garage and headed towards the hill behind the garage. Up there they could see the whole village, their new home. And that's where they wanted to start the new year.

As Darcey watched the fireworks and the new year begin she thought to herself.

Where would she be now if she hadn't stepped out of her comfort zone, if she hadn't taken that leap of faith?

The Australian Grand Prix, Melbourne - 16th March 2014

"What do you say we skip the meeting today and go have our own one-on-one?" Sebastian whispered as he wrapped his hands around his favourite mechanic.

"I like the sound of that" Darcey sighed, as she turned around to kiss her boyfriend not caring who was watching. The media had found out about them a long time ago, and with a few words from Sebastian and Christian, they were pretty much old news. "But we've got a lot of work to do, you've got a right bitch of a car this year"

"Don't remind me, see you at lunch?"

"Hopefully"

It was good to be back in the garage and with the team again, but as the new era began Red Bull entered some issues and a lot more work. Their new driver Daniel was settling in well with the team, and earned himself some points with the lads by securing them some VIP tickets for tonights opening parties.

The team were able to spare a minute to grab a bite to eat up at the hospitality, where Kendall was showing a new girl around the place.

"And these are the worst people, do not serve them" Kendall joked, introducing Bridget to the table. She had blonde hair and big blue eyes, but something about her seemed shy. "Especially this one" Kendall continued to mess around as she pointed at her boyfriend Scotty.

"Don't listen to her, but if anyone shouldn't be served it's this one. Especially if it's cheese" Scotty pointed to James, who took no notice while he took a big bite out of his cheesy pizza.

"So how are you enjoying work at Red Bull so far?" Darcey asked, trying to make her feel comfortable as she knew what it felt like to be new.

"Well, I've already managed to make a complete idiot of myself in front of the new driver" Bridget sighed, the flashbacks making her feel the embarrassment all over again.

"I know the feeling" Darcey laughed, remembering her first encounter with her Red Bull driver.

"And now they're dating, so I wouldn't worry about it too much" Kendall announced, "You never know this might be the start of something great"

"I guess so, this is all just so different to what I'm used to but I think I'm gonna like it here." Bridget smiled, looking across the table at her new work colleagues.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.4K 1.5K 73
Finally, after all these years, Mollie Rashford has the chance to show what she can do against the "big boys" in Formula 1. Now they are on track...
234K 4.7K 60
It had been 10 years since the last time Valeria had set foot in a kart, or a circuit for that matters. She had grown up watching Formula1 with her d...
54.6K 1.4K 23
She was paid handsomely to be an escort, for one night only, at a prestigious Formula 1 gala in Monaco. Her client: a four time world champion.
243K 6.1K 64
⚠️ SMUT CONTENT ⚠️ THIS ONE IS GOING TO GET PRETTY STEAMY ⚠️ Sebastian Vettel had it all. A beautiful fiancée, a baby on the way. Then his world ca...