Furroko: Land of Division

By bloodshotangel

Synopsis: It was a new school year in Silver Leaf University and for this year, they have decided to open the... More

1: An Unexpected Meeting
2: Something's Not Right
3: Where it Came From
4: Welcome Back...
5: The Other Side
6: The Old Days
7: 'A Trip through Memory Lane' as they say
8: A Visit to the Unknown
9: The Wilders
10: The Life of the Successors
11: A Grand Confession
12: The Masquerade
13: The Beginning of Improvement
14: Furroko's Abandoned
15: The Health Department
16: 'Ghost Town'
17: Loyalty to the Mistress
18: Yes Sir!
19: Long Time No See Brother...
21: Need to be Prepared
22: They're Gone...
23: How we became who we are
24: Survive and Escape
25: Within A Monster Hides A Poor Soul
26: "Time to Play"
27: Return to a Wasteland
28: -.-- --- ..- || .- .-. .
29: ... .- || ..- .--.
30: .. -. || .-
31: --. --- --- ... . || -.-. .... .- ... .
32: It's Over
33: Still Standing
34: A Special Celebration
35: Almost There!
36: Recognition Day!
Thanks to the Reader
Furroko EXTRAS

20: Let Me In

5 2 0
By bloodshotangel

"Congratulations, you have a healthy baby boy."

Another Monster has been brought into the world. The newborn crying while his mother is putting him closer to her, slowly making the new born sleepy.

"What would like to name the little one?"

"Zion...Zion is perfect..."

A few years later, Zion was playing with older brother, Acheros. They were playing ring toss outside their home, they weren't the only ones there and other monsters were playing with them. Most of them are Archeros' friends and their siblings. Acheros was a proud monster, who shows off his skills, he's also very sociable and can make a lot of friends. Zion on the other hand is the opposite, shy and only has few friends but he's also skilled like his older brother, since they're both trained by their parents at the same time.

A few years after The Great War, Leaders were required to make sure each tribe will do well after their reign. In order to do so, they need to choose who their next Leader will be. Different voting systems were used. The other 3 tribes have chosen their leaders, but the Monsters are still in selection. Zion and Acheros are part of the selection along with other monsters. Days passed and 5 were left, all were skilled and disciplined but they can't choose who is right for the place. They asked the other tribes and made the decision to let the 5 candidates combat each other to see who the last one standing is. In the end, Acheros was the one who emerged victorious. During Acheros' first days of being the tribe leader was calm. He didn't talk to anyone other than his friends and showing off how great he is to be a leader. He never went to the meetings with the other tribe leaders nor gave much attention to any of the other monster's requests.

The other leaders have asked him to come to the meetings but he refused, saying that he can handle things himself. The other leaders asked the other Monsters, but they said that he's doing well, but they weren't sure because the monsters looked doubtful. They decided to visit the Monster territory a few days after to see if he really is doing his job. They saw that he did help his fellow monsters, but not in a way that is helping them a lot. They decided to talk to Acheros about this and Acheros said that he can handle his territory and made the mistake of saying that he can handle the entire land of Furroko if he can. His pride got the best of him, making him lose his place as leader. The Monsters settled with Zion to be the leader and they saw a lot of big changes.

Acheros was deeply disappointed by the news and begged them to give them another chance, the other leaders let the Monsters decide. The Monsters refused Acheros' begging and agreed to let Zion be the leader. Acheros was left with only himself, his friends didn't talk to him often. His parents were comforting him, but it's not enough to get him back on his feet. Zion saw how much he wanted to have this opportunity, and he promised himself that he'll be his Successor to make him happy again, so he ruled Furroko alongside the other leaders keeping his promise in mind. While Zion was doing that, Acheros was in his room, doing nothing else other than stare outside and talked to himself.

One day, something happened in Acheros' room that changed who he was as a person forever. While Acheros was in his room, eating and playing the breakfast given to him, He saw some faint black fog coming from outside his window and after a while, he was getting dizzy and became unconscious. He opened his eyes to see nothing but a dark forest, along with a figure floating around the area. He then felt chills down his spine, along with a voice saying.

"He-HE-HeLLo T-TT-ThEre..." A voice greeted.

"Who are you!? Get me out of here!" Acheros exclaimed.

"Ahem...." The voice cleared its throat.

What came from the black fog was himself, but in a way that makes him look different from his normal self. He walked up to Acheros, who wasn't able to move a muscle. He went up to him with a devilish grin and whispered in his ear.

"I'm you!" The voice said happily.

"What do you mean?" Acheros exclaimed.

"Why I am your inner demon! And I can tell you're in a lot of distress right now..." The voice responded.

"And what are you going to do about it? The next thing I can look forward to is if he needs a Successor..." Acheros said, looking down.

"Oh really? Do you think someone like you can be his Successor? You didn't even last 5 months being the Leader! And you think he'll choose you? I bet he'll find someone less pathetic then you." 

"You're wrong! He's my brother!"

"Did he ever visit you?"

"I mean, only one time...But he might just be busy!"

"Did he ever promise you anything?"

"N-No...But maybe he's making it a surprise."

"You're really pathetic sometimes, you know...You just up and gave up when they said they didn't want you anymore...How sad for you to lose like that...."

"......."

"Tell you what...Since I am you...What if I take your place for a while, and you can be here, and see what I'll be doing?"

"And what are you going to do?"

"I'll make you a leader again of course!"

"I've already begged another chance and I'll never get it again."

"Maybe we can ask dad to bribe them...See? There's more open doors than you think..."

"It's unfair to bribe them into making me Leader again."

"Ugh! You're so stubborn! Do you want to be a Leader or not?"

"I want to! But I just need to wait for it!"

"Hmmmm...hehehe..."

"About your little brother...."

"What about him?"

"He never visited you after that one day, right?"

"Yeah..."

"I'll need to show you something..."

Acheros' dark twin brought him to 'Zion' who was laughing with the other Leaders. 'Zion' was trash talking about Acheros, saying he never deserved to be a Leader in the first place, and he was very lucky that he became a stepping stone for him to be there now. This made Acheros shocked, he didn't expect his little brother to use him like that. Everything felt so real to him. Little did Acheros know that he was just looking at a fabrication of Acheros' mind, his dark twin made this scenario up to start breaking him down, so he can be weak enough for him to take over.

"See that? Your own brother didn't even care! He just wanted it all to himself..."

"I-I...Zion never acted like this..."

"He was just acting like he supports you, but inside he just wants to drag you down and step on you like a stepping stone to make him be on top, and he'll just throw you out like the useless stone you are."

"...."

"Besides, no one else defended your side of the situation, they all went to your brother. You know why?"

"Because..."

"Because you're a pathetic little creature, who can't even be strong enough to defend himself against his own 'little brother'....Even your so called 'friends' can say the same...But now, you're not alone...I'm here for you! Let me show you something fun."

The dark twin then showed another fabricated memory of his friends being happy with Zion while Acheros was behind them. That was enough to break him. Acheros collapsed to the ground, yelling to make it stop. This was an opportunity for his dark twin to get what he wants. He then showed the whole land of Furroko bowing down to him while he was on the throne.

"See that? You can have this much power...You just need to one...little favor for me, alright?"

"W-What is it?"

"Let...Me...In..."

Acheros nodded in response without hesitation, next thing he knew he was screaming in pain as marks showed up in his face, one of his eyes changed color, representing his dark twin getting to him.

"Thank you Acheros. Now....Let's make your dream come true...Trust me...I'm always here for you."

Acheros woke up to someone knocking on the door loudly. He heard the voices of his parents, telling him to open the door. He took a look at the mirror and saw his eye being different. The sound from the other side of his bedroom door became louder.

"Acheros! Let us in! What happened there?!"

Acheros quickly covered his eye with his hair and change the appearance of his room to look like as if it was an accident. He opened the door and saw his parents who were very worried.

"What happened to you? You started screaming in your room all of the sudden." His mother said worried.

"W-Well....I just hit my head really hard, so I scream the pain out."

"Let me see your head, son" His father said, brushing away his hair, revealing his other eye."

"What...Happened to your eye?"

"Like I said, it's when I hit my head."

His parents said to let him wear an eye patch over his eye. This is when his dark twin decided to take over. A few days continue to pass and Acheros allowed his dark twin to take his body and so he did. His body and conscious being pulled out frome ach other painfully. All Acheros can do is talk to his Dark twin. Acheros eventually has been taken over by his dark twin and he took this opportunity to go up to his father for a talk.

"Don't do anything to my father, alright? Just try and talk it out." Acheros warned his dark twin.

"Oh don't worry, I'll be gentle..." His dark twin replied.

*knock knock* "Father..."

>>This part of the conversation will be the dark twin and the father<<

(The symbol '*' means Acheros himself is talking)

"Yes, Acheros...What is it you want to talk about?"

"It's about the Leader replacement thing..."

"Oh...Acheros, we've talked about this...We can't bribe them to make you the Leader again."

"I know, but maybe we can try something else?"

"Acheros, why won't you just support your brother, I'm sure he'll be giving you his place as his Successor."

"Oh really now...The creatures here have seen what I did, and you expect they'll want me as a leader?"

"What are you talking about, Acheros?"

"They won't say I changed, they'll just see me as the same Leader they saw. They'll never make me Leader again!"

"Acheros! Don't you dare yell at your elders like that!"

"Really old man? Try me! You just don't want to try again because you favor Zion over me."

"That not true, Acheros...We love you both..."

"I can hear the doubt in your voice, y'know...You can't even lie!"

"Fine! You're right! We favor your brother more! You know why? Because he has more likable qualities than you!"

*W-What...* 'I told you...he doesn't even love you as equally as Zion...They couldn't care less what happens to you'

*N-No...It's not like that...I-*

"Don't worry, Acheros...Your twin will fix this..."

"What do you mean twin..? No...Acheros, don't you dare! Don't-"

**End of conversation**

Blood. Spilled everywhere. The real Acheros can't do anything but look at what his body has done to his own father. His dark twin however, kept going. using the knife he has in his grip, piercing his father. Again. And again. And again. After he has had enough, the real Acheros had control of his body once again, and saw what his dark twin has done.

"You said you won't do anything! Now look what you've done!" Acheros said going to his father.

"Oh come on, you heard what he said...Besides, I even read his mind...He would rather have Zion as an only child if he had the chance!" His dark twin said to Acheros in his head.

"Best for you to hide the body...You don't want anyone finding out...You don't want anyone knowing what YOU have done to your...'precious father'....No creature wishes to have a 'killer' as a Leader...right?" His dark twin whispered in his ear.

"B-But...I didn't do it....You...YOU DID IT! IT'S YOUR FAULT HE'S DEAD!"

"Don't you yell at me now...ReMeMBeR...You and I are the same person...So what I did...you did as well...Got it?"

"N-No..."

"Yes, my dear twin. We are one person, so whoever gets dragged down, the other will be dragged along with...Now, let's hide the body, shall we?"

"F-Fine..."

Acheros thought about it but was always interrupted by his dark twin with imaginations and ideas of ultimate domination throughout Furroko and fake memories of his parents never caring for him. He decided to hide himself and his father's body within the forest. He grabbed his belongings, some necessities and food, then he went to the forest along with his father's body when night time strike. Every day, he tries to get some food by letting his dark twin steal from the market and back in the forest. Acheros spent most of his days talking with his dark twin, hiding himself and the corpse of his father from other Monsters. One day, Acheros asked his dark twin if he has his own Monster form.

"Uhhh...hey...ummmm..."

"Call me...Anwir"

"Oh, uhhhh...Anwir, can you turn into a Monster figure like us?"

"Of course! I am your twin after all...Just give me a while."

Acheros' eyes became pure black as Anwir came out from them as a black fog and slowly turning into a clone of Acheros. The only difference is how he dressed, and his half of his face was covered with a black fox mask.

"You look a lot different."

"Of course! I may be your twin, but we're opposites."

"May I ask...What's under the mask?"

"Well...Can't really hide things from you."

Anwir took off his mask and opening his eyes. They were pure black with scars. Acheros was wondering what happened to his eyes. Anwir explained that when Acheros was born, he appeared within him and as he grew older, the scars appeared, causing his eyes to turn pure black. He can see very clearly, but his eyes are very sensitive to very bright sources, so he uses a mask with small peek holes to cover them from getting burned and to be able to still see clearly.

"You're lucky that you don't have this kind of condition, because when you were born, there was a 50-50 chance you'll get this."

"Oh...I'm sorry that you got it...I feel bad now..."

"It's alright, I know a few tricks to live inside you with this. I can show you if you ever plan going out of this forest."

"Sure, would be nice to learn about you."

A few days of hiding in the forest, the corpse that Acheros took with him was already giving off a strong smell to the other monsters. They alerted Zion about this matter and started an investigation and they eventually found the corpse. Zion was horrified to see his father's dead body in front of him. He was devastated and started a search party for the culprit behind his father's death. Zion came home and Acheros' mother explained that she saw blood splatters in one of the locked rooms in their house the other day, they checked to see if there are any traces of murder weapons and DNA traces. They surprisingly found the fingerprints that belong to Acheros on his father's clothing and started finding Acheros to bring him into questioning. Acheros heard of this and made sure to hide as deep into the forest as he can. Unfortunately, they found him sleeping one night and brought him into questioning unconscious and when he woke up, he had no choice but to say that he did it without telling them about Anwir. Since murder is a heavy crime, he became a Wilder, being thrown out by his own brother into a desert with almost nothing around to help him survive.

Time has passed and Acheros successfully survived with the help of Anwir, who comes out of his body ever so often to scavenge, kill other wilders and get supplies, while Acheros makes them food, build tools and weapons, and helps with both their necessities. After a while of getting used to living outside Furroko's walls, they've met some of the other Wilders, in which they survived together.

"Hey Acheros, how are you? You've been very silent, y'know?" Anwir said, sitting next to him.

"Yeah...Just...Really thinking about what we've done...to be here..." Acheros said, looking very tired.

"Don't worry, we'll be back inside there and I know how..." Anwir said, smirking.

"But how? You were the one who brought us here in the first place!" Acheros exclaimed standing up.

"Now you're blaming me!? Heheh....AhAHAhahahHAHA...You think that I AM the ONLY ONE who DID this?" Anwir exclaimed, strangling Acheros and bringing him above the ground.

"A-An...wir...Stop...." Acheros pleaded, making Anwir throw him to the ground.

"Now, listen here...I am a part of you...It means....YOU are also a part of the murder...So...DON'T SAY THAT I AM THE ONLY ONE RESPONSIBLE....got it?" Anwir said, bringing one of his knives near his throat.

"Why are you doing this...?" Acheros said, scared of him.

"You wanted to be on top right? I'll give it to you...I'll give you any desire you wish, isn't that why you let me in...?" Anwir said, removing his mask and showing his black eyes.

"B-But I didn't want to kill anyone! I just wanted to get some attention and another chance..." Acheros said.

"Now...You don't want it anymore? That means I can leave you here to die...Or...." Anwir said, chuckling after.

"Or what...?" Acheros said, scared.

"I know your deepest desire Acheros....Let me see..." Anwir said, going back and walking around.

"You want to be leader again. You want all the attention. You want to prove that you can be the best. You want to be better than anyone else. You want to make your little brother adore you. Yet....Someone as pathetic and weak as you, can't even do any of those...That's why I'm here...I know you more than anyone else, because I am a part of you..." Anwir said, as his eyes turn yellow and staring right at Acheros.

"Now look at me, brother...Look directly into my eyes ..." Anwir said, Acheros obeying.

Anwir used a spell he has saved as the last resort if Acheros still denies. He successfully made Acheros mind broken and able to follow any command he puts upon him, but this way, he can be able to take full control of Acheros with no disruption by Acheros himself. Anwir, now in the body of Acheros, can be able to do anything he wants without anyone noticing it's someone else. The reason as to why Anwir did this is because he can't leave Acheros, since Anwir is Acheros' unborn twin. He can't be his own person unless a spell was cast on the surviving twin to extract the unborn one and be their own being. These unknown twins tend to be the dark versions of his/her fellow twin and can be able to manipulate their twin to gain full control of the other twin's body.

"Perfect, don't worry Acheros, I'll let you back into your body when I need you or when I get the job done...Time to start, maybe I can ask help from those other Wilders, I'm sure they want to go back there...Let's have a little reunion with our little brother...Shall we?" Anwir said as he went up to one of the other Wilders.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 65 3
Surviving high school isn't easy for Four. For one, his popular and outgoing self wants to break down the well-built walls of the new kid, who seems...
90 6 11
There are five kingdoms on the planet called "Earth", wherein the people have their own elemental power; it is either fire, water, earth, ice, wind...
14.7K 492 19
(Hello! If you're reading this, you have found my first ever Wattpad story! That said, it's not very good. If you would like to check out my current...
440 50 50
She thought her life didn't extend more than two important people she had known most of her life, that is until a bunch of idiots come colliding with...