Protecting You (Katsuki Bakug...

By vote4kiba

*Currently Editing* Ranked #2 in Fanfics out of 1 Million KATSUKI BAKUGO x READER "I may not be a hero yet, b... More

Content Warnings - Please Read
Chapter 1- Welcome to UA
Chapter 2- Becoming Friends
Chapter 3- Investigations
Chapter 4- Quirk
Chapter 5- I Am Here
Chapter 6- Everything
Chapter 7- Angel
Chapter 8- To Save You
Chapter 9- Competitors
Chapter 10- I Promise
Chapter 11- Our Interests
Chapter 12- Betrayal
Chapter 13- Seeing Red
Chapter 14- Flames
Chapter 15- Hero Train
Chapter 16- The Beginning Journey
Chapter 17- Home Sweet Home
Chapter 18- I'm There
Chapter 19- Fear of the Unknown
Chapter 20- Domesticated
Chapter 21- Be Mine
Chapter 22- The Fourth
Chapter 23- Saving Strangers
Chapter 24- A Dream Realized
Chapter 25- Katsuki's Promise
Chapter 26- Answers
Chapter 27- Reassurance
Chapter 28- Lost and Found
Chapter 29- Designing Heroism
Chapter 30- Rebirth
Chapter 31- Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 32- Finals
Chapter 33- Mother
Chapter 34- Summer
Chapter 35- Apology
Chapter 36- Camping
Chapter 37- Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 38- Cost of Survival
Chapter 39- Don't Come
Chapter 40- Futures
Chapter 41- Chi
Chapter 42- Ready, Set, Go
Chapter 43- All for One and One for All
Chapter 44- Protecting You
Chapter 45- Trying Again
Chapter 46- United
Chapter 47- Silent Pleas
Chapter 48- Rapunzel
Chapter 49- Family Dinner
Chapter 50- Burning Secrets
Chapter 51- Dorms
Chapter 52- Closed Doors
Chapter 53- Fighting Failure
Chapter 54- One in a Million
Chapter 55- Fuel to the Fire
Chapter 56- Reflection
Chapter 57- Phoenix
Chapter 58- Testing the Waters
Chapter 59- Blood Baths
Chapter 60- Blindsided
Chapter 61- The First Day
Chapter 62- Pandora's Box
Chapter 63- The Yin Within
Chapter 64- The Zombie Hero
Chapter 65- Kiss of Fate
Chapter 66- Ground Zero
Chapter 67- Breaking Down and Out
Chapter 68- Lights Out
Chapter 69- The Melodies of Life
Chapter 70- Swan Dive
Chapter 71- Finding Faith
Chapter 72- Lantern in the Dark
Chapter 73- Vacation Plans
Chapter 74- Plucking Daisies
Chapter 75- Eclipse
Chapter 76- Drunken Love
Chapter 77- One and Only
Chapter 78- All This Time
Chapter 79- Lemillion to One
Chapter 80- Hero for Hire
Chapter 82- Villain Complex
Chapter 83- Flying High
Chapter 84- Follow Me
Chapter 85- Touching the Heavens
Chapter 86- Venom Vixen
Chapter 87- Fighting You
Chapter 88- Bloody Truths
Chapter 89- Just Be You
Chapter 90- Holiday Spree
Chapter 91- Memories
Chapter 92- Coming Home
Chapter 93- Stage 5: Acceptance
Chapter 94- Ghost of the Mountain
Chapter 95- Happy Birthday
Chapter 96- Death Day

Chapter 81- Full Circle

19.8K 755 1.6K
By vote4kiba

Dabi had sent you short bits of info he found on the villain that killed Shinso's parents and had his quirk. This gave you a new target to interrogate to find the name and location of the culprit aside from just knowing they were in Okinawa.

"I am warning you now if you're serious about wanting to watch me work, you might see a side of me you haven't witnessed before," you spoke to Katsuki as he and Hawks prepared the interrogation room for you and your target. Hawks was used to this by now and knew your methods. He typically joined you as a backup in case the goon you captured somehow called for reinforcements. Katsuki, knowing how fragile your quirk was, wanted to join in to keep an eye on you. He just never expected something like this to happen.

"I'm not worried about that. You've seen me do some fucked up shit too," Katsuki stated with his arms crossed, a hooded sweatshirt covering his muscled body. Hawks was wearing darker clothes as well, although disguising himself as someone else was basically impossible due to his glaring scarlet wings. Said avian hero laughed at Katsuki's attitude.

"Oh kid, just you wait. You're in for a treat. There's a reason she's the one doing this and not me," Hawks chuckled as he prepared an audio recording device for the three of you to reflect on.

Despite wanting to escape the mercenary life, it seemed to haunt every step you took. If you had to carry this weight so your beloved Katsuki and the friends you've made didn't, then it was a burden you would bear with a smile. All you could think of was Shinso, scared, alone, and far too young for the world to crash down on him...and the thought filled you with blinding rage. Shinso felt like a villain because of his quirk...and it was because of someone who treated him like livestock. This was for him.

This weight would be one you would carry for Shinso, and you would be sure to help him in any way possible. If that meant more blood would stain your hands to keep his clean, you would do so in an instant.

~~

A money launderer named Genko was making his rounds in the infamous Thief's Alley when he was quickly gagged, bagged, and dragged into a nearby building. With a painful grunt, he was sat down in some sort of metal chair in front of a table, the bag removed from his head but the gag left in his mouth.

"If you scream, I'll slice your throat open."

The voice was feminine and unrecognizable to him, all he saw was a masked figure in all black...and he had an idea who the assailant was. Muffled cries of fear choked against the cloth gag as you slowly removed it, ready to cut him if he so much as raised his voice. He was quiet as he looked around the room, a mirrored window behind you as you sat in a chair across from him, legs crossed and propped on the wooden table.

"Genko, money launderer, born thirty-eight years ago in a hospital in Osaka. Parents were stockbrokers in the United States that ended up stealing a lump sum and fled to Japan. Since then, you've traveled across the shit covered alleys of Japanese cities, stealing from the unfortunate and banking millions of yen." Your voice was low with threat dripping heavily from each word. Hawks and Katsuki were sitting behind the one-way mirror, watching you work.

"W-what the hell do you want with me Shinobi?! Y-you need a loan? I'm sure I can work something out-"

"I need a name and address." You placed a sheet of paper down between the two of you, a quirk description sheet along with a few details Dabi picked up in his investigation. Genko took a look at it, the grubby brown stubble on his chin a stark contrast to his pale physique. His greasy hair was parted in the middle and just above the shoulder. From what you knew, he had a quirk that could double the items he touched but only once every thirty seconds. This was how he was able to multiply high-value banknotes and keep the wealth his parents escaped with.

"I...I can't help you. I don't know her-, them. I don't know them." The slip up proved to be a fatal mistake as you simply stared him down without moving, the anticipation of your silence and stillness making Genko shake. "T-that's all I know so let me go!"

Suddenly, a thin throwing knife stabbed through Genko's extended hand and into the wooden table, sticking him in the spot.

"MOTHER FUCKER!" He screamed out with tears billowing down his cheeks, whimpers of pain echoed in the room as blood trickled from the wound and onto the table.

"You see...this woman has stolen something from a friend of mine. I want to get it back. So you either help me..." You were behind him so quickly even without the use of Vanish, your voice now directly in his ear. "Or I will break you into pieces and collect your bounty. You choose." Katsuki was stiff behind the one-way mirror, his ruby eyes never leaving your figure as you owned the room. Despite what you were doing being so very wrong, a part of him felt strangely attracted to the dominance you held.

"She's something else isn't she?" Hawks whispered to the teen with a small smile on his mature face. Katsuki nodded, agreeing that he truly hadn't seen you like this before...but he was finally understanding why your mercenary name was feared amongst criminals.

"GO FUCK YOURSELF BITCH!" Genko screamed out with tears falling from his dull eyes, a gold tooth sticking out amongst the yellowing teeth.

"Was that a no? You know...Mommy and Daddy are wanted in New York City..." You murmured into his ear, your hands toying with a second blade between your delicate fingers. "Just a quick phone call to New York...maybe a few broken bones...I'm sure they will love knowing their pussy of a son was the one who gave them up. When they rot in prison for the rest of their lives, they'll die knowing their son was responsible for all of it. I love collecting bounties of course...so while they suffer because of you, I get richer. A win-win isn't it?" You hummed with poison words. A shiver went down Genko's spine at the thought. A spoiled rich loser like him would hate having his backup option taken away.

"She really does her research," Hawks commented, not knowing most of the information you did. Having been in the field and seeing the network of villains up close, it didn't take you long to learn that villainy is incestuous. Katsuki was tapping his finger against his arm while they were crossed over his chest, his foot tapping as well. He liked seeing you run the room but a part of him worried about you when you were like this. He didn't want you to return to your Shinobi days...for you to rescind your promise to become a hero. Right now, you acted no different than a villain, even though it was for a good cause. Revenge, even against a villain...was it still evil? Was it doing the world justice when you took out a villain permanently? Katsuki didn't know...but he was starting to learn that being a hero like All Might wasn't as realistic compared to the status of the rest of the world. He would follow in his idol's footsteps just like Deku, but he couldn't bring himself to deny that people like you had a point. Allowing villains to live...to get away with the crime in order to avoid breaking the rules...how was a hero supposed to prevent the next crime?

Maybe heroes would inspire good in the world, but it was clear vigilantes like you and Hawks were the ones that did the hard work...and Katsuki felt more confused than ever over what being a hero truly meant.

Genko thrashed against the table when you flattened out and stabbed through his other hand, his screech of pain bouncing off of the stone walls of the interrogation room. You knew no one would come to help him...this old police station had been abandoned for years due to the insane neverending crime rate of Thief's Alley.

"Fuck!" He sobbed from the pain, his head leaning forward as both of his hands were now stuck to the table.

"Did that jog your memory? I'll staple your dick to the table next if you still wanna cry," you teased with a cocky smirk underneath your mask.

"You're a f-fucking crazy bitch! You're fucking crazy!" Genko screamed at you as he mourned his agonizing pain, another knife twirling in front of him with your gloved fingers moving with skill and dexterity.

"Wanna test me? Wanna test the extent this crazy bitch is ready to go to? I have all fucking day...and I'm sure there's a lot of people who would love to see your head on a pole. Maybe I should ask someone else and turn you into a trophy on my wall," you growled as you pressed the blade to his throat, not quite cutting the skin.

"FINE! FINE! FINE! I'LL TELL YOU, I'LL FUCKING TELL YOU!" He sobbed from agony and fear. You removed the blade from his throat and moved to sit in your seat just as you had in the beginning, feet on the table stationed between his two pinned hands.

"Start talking."

"She goes by Miss Vixen...she's a villain with a quirk called Possession. I don't know how she does it but she is the one that cracks the banks for me and helps me collect the money people owe me. She gets half the cut..." He took a deep breath, the air shuddering in his lungs from the agonizing pain. "She lives in a penthouse suite in the Mizugake Hotel near the beach. I don't know what her alias is...can you...can you fucking let me go now?!" He cried out in terror, pleading to be released. You yanked the two blades up simultaneously, earning another scream to break his rough exterior.

"Go. If you so much as speak a word about this to anyone, I will kill you," you said without hesitation. Genko knew this was true as you had a track record for never leaving victims alive. It was too messy and risky. You were trying to be better now, and that thought became glaringly obvious to the launderer.

"Y-you're not gonna kill me?" He gasped in shock. You turned your head to face him, the three blades expertly positioned between your fingers and he could tell you had a viper-like smile underneath your mask.

"If that's something you want, I can arrange it. Get the fuck out of my sight." Genko didn't need to be told again and bolted for his life while cradling his bleeding hands.

"Holy shit...in less than ten minutes we know this bitches name, quirk, and location..." Katsuki gasped behind the glass. Hawks chuckled before patting Katsuki's shoulder, his smoldering golden eyes lined with jet black natural markings.

"Welcome to the mercenary world kid, now you see what your girl has been doing to keep your ass safe."

~~

Katsuki was stuck in this perpetual state of shock and in a twisted sense of awe. Seeing you work as Shinobi was quite the experience, to say the least. It reminded him of how unaffected you were when he beheaded someone right in front of you...and it made him wonder what crazy shit you've done to get to that point. If anything, you've shown him a side of the world that didn't exist to him before you came into his life. He had no idea about these money launderers, assassins, thieves...he was so sheltered despite fighting plenty of villains during his first year of UA. He was hidden from the truly vile and disgusting underground criminals that you grew up working with and against. For Shinobi to be such a feared name...what have you done in your past to earn that?

"You good man? You've been staring off into space," Kirishima asked the red-eyed blond. A few of the boys were relaxing in the lounge as Mina corralled the girls into the bathroom to do face masks together. While you were purging the toxicity of your day away through the help of charcoal and honey, Katsuki was sitting in his black skull sweatshirt and some sweatpants. Aside from his school uniform, it was basically all he wore anymore. After everything that's happened the past few months, his outlook on heroism has changed. The world as he knew it was different and he was uncertain what being a hero really meant. He genuinely believed in you and your ability to be an amazing hero...but he also knew that there was a past caked in blood and agony that lingered within your eyes.

Did that mean other heroes falter too?

Was All Might really as pure as Katsuki was raised to believe?

How much of hero society was just a filter to cover the blatant red stains that littered the cities?

"Hello? Earth to Bakugo?" Kirishima tried again with his spikey crimson hair falling in front of his face.

"What?" Katsuki blinked as he was jarred from his thoughts.

"I was wondering when you would come back to us. What's on your mind dude?" Kirishima leaned back on his arms, his muscular biceps flexing as he stretched in his white t-shirt.

"Just was thinking about shit. It's fine."

"He do be deadass vibing tho-..." Kaminari commented as he played Smash Bros with Shoto and Sero, Shinso watching while snacking on some Pocky. Katsuki furrowed his brows and let out a loud groan of annoyance.

"Do us all a favor and permanently shut the fuck up," Katsuki snapped back. Kaminari snorted without even looking at Katsuki, the electric boy focused on trying to beat Shoto who was surprisingly good at the Ice Climbers. Sero was already dead from Kaminari using Pikachu's thunderbolt over and over again and was cheering on Shoto for the sheer shock value of him being actually good.

"Don't be cringe bro," Kaminari teased. Shinso turned to Katsuki and rolled his eyes at him, jabbing a thumb in Kaminari's direction.

"He just discovered the internet today apparently. It makes me wanna die inside too."

"Whatcha all up to?" Your voice was a sweet release for Katsuki who leaned his head up to see you standing behind him, arms resting on the top of the couch.

"Oh thank god," Katsuki sighed with relief as he gave you a quick yet soft kiss to greet you.

"Kaminari is just trying to kill our braincells but otherwise nothing much," Shinso commented as he handed you a Pocky stick. You took it and munched on it happily as you walked over to cuddle up with Katsuki, the boy wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you down to lay with him. You offered a nice smile to Kirishima who fist bumped you to say hello. It was nice to relax with your friends for once: you, Katsuki, Kirishima, and Shinso were sitting on the couch watching Sero, Shoto, and Kaminari sitting on the floor. Katsuki kissed your cheek, the boy oddly affectionate in front of everyone. It wasn't necessarily too much or anything, but it was just nice to feel loved despite what you had him witness earlier.

"Your skin's really soft..." Katsuki whispered in your ear, his raspy voice sending goosebumps down your spine.

"Thank Mina for her skin care choices," you hummed in reply, your face glowing after completing the full treatment. Before Katsuki could flirt with you further, Kaminari let out an irritated groan of defeat.

"Damn it! I was so close! We turned Todoroki into a freakin' gamer!" Shoto looked down at his hands, holding them palm side up as if he gained some mysterious new power.

"I...am...a gamer."

Shinso was ready to lose his shit.

"I am not paid enough to deal with this," Shinso pressed his hand into his forehead, ashamed to share the same presence as the two boys.

"Hey it's not too bad. It's nice we all get to hang out before Winter break starts, you know?" Kirishima smiled. Katsuki went rigid at the reminder. The moment the break would start, you, Katsuki, and Shinso would be taking a ride to Okinawa to find Miss Vixen. The moment that mission was completed, you would be leading Katsuki and Endeavor to the Shini Mountains where you would complete your chi training. There was so much going on in such little time that it felt overwhelming. Tomorrow began a long weekend due to a service day...and you were supposed to meet not only Dabi and Rei, but Hawks and Endeavor for hero business the day after. At this point, school felt like the least of your concerns.

"That's true. Did you guys get permission to go home? Mine is still pending but I did submit it late I guess," Sero commented while drinking his soda. Shoto looked at you for a moment and a pang of guilt hit you. While the boys were talking, Shoto sat next to you and Katsuki wordlessly. Ever since you were rescued from Overhaul's base, you've yet to talk to Shoto about his brother...about what you knew and why you knew it. Shoto had no clue how much his family and your past was entwined...what suffering you've endured because of Touya's crimes.

There was so much that you've hid from him...and you felt awful for it.

"What are you doing over break?" Shoto asked you. You gave him a friendly smile.

"Working with Endeavor and doing some training in the mountains mostly. What about you?" Shoto was quiet for a moment...and then he released the sigh he was holding.

"My siblings and I...we are going to talk to my mom about my brother. I...I don't know how she'll take the news. She's so close to being able to go home...and we don't know how it'll affect her. When Fuyumi and Natsuo found out...it was...it was messy. Endeavor still hasn't sat down with all of us...but he will when we tell our mom."

In the weirdest sense, despite the shock and heartbreak that his elder brother was a villain, Shoto was kind of glad about Touya's identity. Villain or not, his brother was alive...and it finally gave his family something to unite over. Every single one of them wanted Touya home and it was the first time they felt anything on the same wavelength. You leaned forward to place your hand on his shoulder...and Shoto felt the warmth of your touch seep into his heart.

"Shoto...I'm...I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner. He threatened Katsuki's life if I told anyone and I...I just couldn't risk it." Shoto nodded in acknowledgement.

"I get that. I understand. I just hope my brother didn't do anything to you." You chewed on your cheek while debating whether or not to tell him the truth.

Truthfully, your feelings about Touya were painfully complicated.

There was an odd attachment in your heart towards the villain ever since the Overhaul incident...a weird yet addictive sense of safety that not many people could provide you. Perhaps it was because he was there for you when you had nothing or because your life was literally in the palm of his hands...but you found yourself caring way more than you should for someone who is a villain.

Maybe it was because you understood him. Or at least the struggles of surviving in the criminal underworld.  You understood his pain...his sense of justice despite how twisted it was...his desire for revenge. Many of his struggles were ones that even you suffered through yourself.

And despite the agony he caused you, the ashes that littered your home village, you would be lying if you said you didn't care about him.

"Well...I...it's complicated..." you shrugged as you scratched the back of your head.

"What's complicated about the fact he literally burnt your village to the ground?" Katsuki snapped with hatred towards Touya seeping from his words like a poison.

"That was him?!" Shoto gasped with wide eyes, looking at you with a mix of grief and horror. "And you weren't going to tell me?! That's my brother that did that? And you were just going to hide that pain from me?" Your eyes brimmed with hurt from Shoto's accusation, and your body went rigid.

"There's more to it than that. Yeah. It was his fault. But I know there's more to the story than that. I've seen the hero in him still. There had to be something that changed him more than just your father...and I'm hoping that I can figure out what it was. Shigaraki killed my parents that same night, yet Touya didn't join the League until years later. Something had to have happened. All for One orchestrated something to target young and desperate kids."

"Are you saying you think he had been manipulated into doing it?" Shoto asked with Katsuki and Shinso listening intently. You nodded.

"Yeah, almost like he was brainwashed. Touya doesn't go from a hero in training to a mass murderer overnight. If anything, he would have attacked Endeavor over just burning some random town down. It was clear All for One was looking for me and used it as a test of loyalty for Shigaraki. But Touya? He wasn't ever considered someone that All for One wanted to train. That shit is really suspect," you continued while most of your friends were distracted.

"Did you say brainwashed?" Shinso asked with narrowed violet eyes. "How many years ago did this happen (y/n)?"

"About ten."

"Fuck..." Shinso groaned with gritted teeth. "My parents died ten years and two months ago."

Shoto, being somewhat confused about the current topic, didn't take too long to connect what the missing piece of the puzzle was. Neither did you or Katsuki.

"I guess we have even more questions to ask that bitch in Okinawa." Katsuki scowled.

~~

A/n

Hello!!!

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, and have a wonderful New Year everyone.

I'm so happy to announce that within a year we went from less than 500,000 reads to 2 MILLION. That is absolutely amazing and is all thanks to you guys. Your support and dedication brings me such pride and joy that I don't think I'll ever be able to describe it.

I'm also happy to announce that regular Wednesday updates resume next week :)

May you all have a wonderful day and please  let me know your thoughts about the final chapter of 2020!

Love you all and stay healthy<3

Thanks again to my amazing Patreons:
Kinuzumaru
Vegetalover16
xomandur

Thank you 666PixieB1t6hxoxo for this adorable fan art!!!!

And for all of my amazing kids on Discord❤

-v4k

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 711 50
You and your twin brother are known to be very close and rowdy at times. Both of you were in separate Hero classes yet still supported each other. Yo...
610K 17.9K 38
(Y/N) is a young girl who just wants to be a hero just like everyone else. Her life wasn't easy though. She has always kept to herself and didn't lik...
3.4K 126 24
___________________________________________________ "This is the story of how we all became the greatest heroes." ___________________________________...
8.2K 380 30
A my hero academia fanfiction. Have you ever wondered what happened to the students of UA after they left school? After they went their own ways? Man...