ODDITY ⇆ DOCTOR WHO

By lukesmissinghand

In which the stars give two sorrowful children each other. [ONGOING, UNDERGOING EDITTING] [7/30/19] [RANKED #... More

O D D I T Y
act I
0.1 | M.M
0.2 | M.M
0.3 | M.M
0.4 | S.J.S
0.5 | S.J.S
0.6 | S.J.S
0.7 | T.S.C
0.8 | T.S.C
0.9 | T.S.C
0.10 | G.L
0.11 | G.L
0.12 | G.L
0.13 | D.O.M
0.14 | D.O.M
0.15 | E.O.D
0.16 | E.O.D
0.17 | E.O.D
0.18 | L.E
0.19 | L.E
0.20 | L.E
0.21 | L.E
0.22 | 42
0.23 | 42
0.24 | H.N.
0.25 | H.N.
0.26 | F.O.B
0.27 | HOME
0.28 | HOME
0.29 | UT.
0.30| T.S.O.D
0.31 | T.L.O.T.L
act II
0.33 | E.M
0.34 | E.M
0.35 | P.I.C
0.36 | P.I.C
0.37 | P.I.C
0.38 | F.O.P
0.39 | F.O.P
0.40 | F.O.P
0.41 | F.O.P
0.42 | F.O.P
0.43 |K.D.
0.44 | K.D
0.45 | K.D
0.46 | P.O.T.O
0.47 | P.O.T.O
0.48 | P.O.T.O
0.49 | P.O.T.O
0.50 | T.G.E.F
0.51 | T.G.E.F
0.52 | T.G.E.F

0.32 | A.N.D

3.2K 131 33
By lukesmissinghand

A NEW DAY

READJUSTMENT IS a painful thing, Valarie had came to learn. Being thrown back into society and asked to take a few months to herself. It was boring. Everything was boring. She had tried, god knows she tried. She watched new shows on TV, got a new job, did her class work. But nothing seemed to fill a void in her, that she knew wouldn't be filled by anything.

Time had passed, and the only thing that came close to a semblance of excitement was her contact with Martha and Jack. But her day to day life was bleak. She could almost compare the feeling to homesickness. But she was home, so the feeling of longing wasn't for here. No, it wasn't for her home at all. And when her parents would phone, asking of the Doctor she would only look at her calendar on her fridge and tell them he hadn't came back yet. On her calendar she marked down to the day, and even the hour, he was supposed to come back. But she still felt sick at the idea he wouldn't.

She was mad at him, in a way. For forcing this upon her. She didn't know, if she saw him again, if she would kiss or slap him.

It had been six months and four days. He was late, and she was bitter. It was raining that morning and the smell of coffee filled her kitchen. The television in her living room played a popular show, but Valarie had turned it on for simply background noise. She held her phone between her shoulder and ear as she added milk to her coffee and sugar, listening to Jack's ramble about a recent situation Torchwood three had dealt with. She kept giving him hums and 'yeah's to ensure she was listening, but truth be told she wasn't sure if she really was. He paused on his end, and sighed.

"Still haven't heard from him?" She inhaled through her nose and set her cup down, opening a cabinet and fishing for anything she could eat for breakfast. Her tone was distracted, and he knew where her mind most likely wondered.

"No. And he was supposed to be back four days ago." She looked at the ca lender, and the large x's she had drawn over the dates.

"You can't spend forever waiting on him." He told her. It was over the few months and several extensive phone calls the truth of how strongly Valarie felt for the Doctor came to light to Jack. He sympathized with her. He knew how it felt to feel overlooked like that. Valarie stirred her drink.

"I know. I just don't like to think he would abandon me like this. I thought we were close."

"I know. Just promise me if another month goes by you won't keep yourself locked at home, worrying about him and when he will come back. I already got a lot on my plate and worrying if Valarie Scott is a hermit or not is not something I need to add to it." He teased.

"Listen here, my life is none of your concern, captain." She laughed. The conversation was cut short after that. She told him goodbye and hung up, drinking her coffee and beginning to get dressed for the day. She had even debated at times to seek trouble out, wondering if it would fill that hole or bring him back to her.

She finished her coffee and got dressed for the day, deciding today she needed to head out for groceries. She changed clothes into a something simple, and pulled her hair back. She grabbed her coat and an umbrella next to the door, sliding on rain boots and leaving her flat. She was sure to lock the door behind her.

__

Valarie walked along the produce section, hands resting on her cart as she eyed an array of fruits. She pursed her lips, her budget in the back of her mind. She wasn't exactly rolling in it, with a job in a shop. But enough for now. For now. She picked up an apple, turning it around and around and examining it. She pulled a plastic bag to hold the produce off a station nearby and began to drop a few into it. She was suddenly bumped into, stumbling forward.

"Hey-" She turned to see who had collided with her. Instead, a shadow of a figure disappeared around an isle. She straightened up, mind tossing over a sudden probability that that was him. She looked around, setting the bag of apples down and grabbing her purse up as she slowly paced towards the isle. She leaned around the corner almost hesitantly, only to see someone eyeing the various brands of cereal lining the shelves. She let a deep breath go, reassuring herself that she should takes Jack's advice and not worry about it any longer. She knew not only was she killing herself by doing that, she was worrying her family half to death. Hell, she was worrying Jack half to death, if that was possible at least. Valarie turned and walked back to her cart, and resumed her shopping.

She picked some more items she needed; food, cleaning products, maybe a one or two treats for herself. She then checked out, gathered her items which had been stored in two large clothe bags the store provided and went back out into the rain. One hand held the two bags, and one held the umbrella. She began her walk back home. Half way through the journey back she began to feel her phone vibrating in her coat pocket. She stopped, setting the bags down and fishing the phone out. She had retrieved it too late and had missed the call. A major part of herself hoped it was from the Doctor, but it was to no avail. It was from her brother. She stood there staring at it, tossing an idea over. She then entered her contacts and scrolled down the list, pressing the down-arrow button on her phone rapidly until she reached the section labeled by contacts starting with 'T's.

TARDIS.

She  hovered over the selection button. She pressed it, immediately almost regretting it as she held the phone to her ear. She listened to it ring, hoping to hear it click and hear that familiar voice she longed for. But rather, it rang, and rang, and rang, until it stopped. No answer. He wasn't available. Her mind flew to why he didn't answer. Did he ignore it on purpose? Was he busy? He was probably on some adventure, meeting all kinds of people and creatures alike. He was most likely enjoying his time away from her, she assumed. She shoved her phone back in her pocket, lifted the bags up and continued on home with discouragement in her heart.

__

She had came home in the same downpour she had left in. She set the bags of what she had purchased down on the porch as she fumbled for her home key, one hand on the knob. Turning it before she even placed the key the door pushed open. She stood there, semi-horrified. She knew she had locked it before she left. She always doubles, even triple checks. She stood there, pondering what to do next. She decided to muster her courage and face what was within. After all, she was Valarie Scott. She had climbed to the top of the unfinished Empire State building, faced witches who could kill her with her own name, and even held a gun, while fairly briefly, to a Time Lord. What was one possible home intruder?

She opened the door and stepped in, trying to remain light on her toes as she held her umbrella tightly in her hand. She was prepared to swing it. In her living room she could hear her TV running. Were they watching her TV? She slipped to against the wall leading into that room, pressing her back against it as she listened. She couldn't hear anything but the TV. She finally leaned her head around the corner, eyes settling on the scene. Her TV ran a prominent channel with some sitcom playing. On the couch sat someone, arms laid over the back of the couch. In the corner of her living room, something took up space. Something large, blue, and old.

She stepped from around the corner to make sure she wasn't seeing things. She was almost in a daze. When a gag on the show happened and he chuckled to himself, she dropped the umbrella from her hand. It rattled against the ground. The Doctor turned his head to the sound, eyes locking with hers.

"Oh, you're home." Those were the first words she had heard from him in six months, and four days. He rose to his feet, walking around the couch to her. He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked down at her. She almost looked star-struck. In her mind, the options of 'kiss' or 'slap' tossed back and forth.

"Hello, Val." She ended up wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him down to her and not wanting to let go. "Oh, okay." He laughed at the suddenness of it, wrapping his arms around her waist back and allowing her to have her time.

"You're late. You know that right?" She mumbled to him, head still resting on his shoulder. She could feel him tense under her.

"Sorry about that." She pulled away, looking up to him with a beaming smile. Then she felt it, that anger. The anger of him leaving her here, not giving her even a call or a text to check in. Her smile dropped and her eyes narrowed. She jabbed a finger onto his chest.

"Don't you ever, ever, do that to me again." She warned. He raised his hands in defense.

"I just-"

"You left me with barely a goodbye, and didn't even check in. You're lucky I haven't hit you yet." He rolled his eyes, dropping his hands.

"Oh, alright. I suppose it wasn't exactly cool on my behalf. But, " he stepped closer to her, "what about a trip to oh, I don't know, the renaissance?" Her eyes lit up at the mention of a trip. She told him to let her pack a bag. She rushed, gathering the items she left outside and closed the door. She then rushed back into her flat, practically tearing her dresser and bathroom apart to stuff clothing and things she would need into it. In almost no time Valarie was back, pushing past him to the TARDIS door. She turned to him, eyes full of that same joy and wonder he had always seen in them. He nodded to the doors.

"Go on." She turned, opening the doors and stepping into the large console room again. Somewhere in her subconscious, that homesick feeling that had plagued her since her return melted away like it was never there.

The Doctor stood back, watching her intently. Truth be told, in the time she was gone, he missed her more than anything.

__

__
Aaaah! Okay back to back to back updates but most of this was pre-written and I was just excited to get it out there. Have a merry Christmas!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

705 53 18
Please, forgive my English. This is a virtual series five. Doctor lost his Donna. And he misses her. And she misses him, even though she is unable t...
89 7 3
𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹, 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗮 𝗴𝗼𝗱 in which odie hartford experiences the universe and, unknowingly, love doctor who x time jumping!o...
7.9K 165 14
'The Great Star' a title passed down to Celestia Andromeda when she was just a young child, and since then all she has ever seen was darkness. While...
46.6K 2.7K 73
where a boy meets an alien and travels the universe Book 1 of the Spaceman Series. 321,216 Words Part One- approx 101,649 words Part Two- approx 1...