Adorable

By Evelyn_Esher

❛❛The girl and the two boys. What happens when love enters the picture.❜❜ Sophie, Fitz, Keefe. Oblivious, per... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 | Runaway Kisses
Chapter 2 | Runaway Kisses
Chapter 3 | Custard Bursts & Kisses
Chapter 4 | The Meltdown
Chapter 5 | Found Out
Chapter 6 | Homework Kisses
Chapter 7 | Homework Kisses
Chapter 8 | Base Quest & Breakups
Chapter 9 | Kelpies at Sunrise
Chapter 10 | Goodbye
Chapter 11 | Girl Talk & Dad Talk
Chapter 12 | Girl Talk & Dad Talk
Chapter 13 | New Rules
Chapter 14 | Showdown
Chapter 15 | Keefe
Chapter 16 | Water Tricks
Chapter 17 | Water Tricks
Chapter 18 | Stina Heks
Chapter 19 | Eavesdropping
Chapter 19 | A Much-Needed Conversation
Chapter 20 | Nightmares and Enemies
Chapter 21 | Nightmares and Enemies
Chapter 22 | Broken
Chapter 23 | Broken
Chapter 24 | It Better Be
Chapter 25 | First Date
Chapter 26 | First Date
Chapter 28 | Swimming
Chapter 29 | Sir
Chapter 30 | Stupid
Chapter 31 | With My Life
Chapter 32 | Engaged!
Chapter 33 | Wedding
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 27 | Keefe

3.8K 35 70
By Evelyn_Esher

A/N 4.3K. HOW?!

I grinned as I got dressed in my uniform. Good thing the sunrise had woken me up at Foster's house, or I might have been late to school. I had accidentally fallen asleep on those rocks in front of the ocean. When I woke up, I'd leaped home before anyone noticed I wasn't in my bed. Well, anyone but Ro, but she knew I'd been on a date.

Ah, the date. I let out a sigh as I remembered last night. A pretty good first date, if you ask me. I checked my watch. Had to hurry if I wanted to get to school before Foster did.

*****

Finally, I saw her step out of the Leapmaster. She was nearly ten minutes late. She scanned the crowd and saw me immediately. We locked eyes, and she grinned.

Wait up, she mouthed. I nodded. She hurried through the crowd of prodigies to where I was standing.

"Sorry I'm late, I overslept."

"I really have been disturbing your sleep schedule. Do you want me to apologize?"

"If you do I'll kick you. I've loved it more than you have."

"I highly doubt that." I pulled her into a kiss. Eventually, she pulled away. "See? Have you noticed that it's usually you who pulls away first?"

She made a face at me. Then she grabbed a handful of my shirt and pulled me down into a long kiss. I kissed her back, and neither of us pulled away. Eventually, a voice boomed around us.

"Miss Foster! Mister Sencen! Please go to your classes!" Neither of us even looked up at the voice- Foster because she was being stubborn, and me because... well, I just wanted to kiss her.

"That's detention for both of you!" shrilled the voice.

I waved her off with one hand, pulling Sophie closer with the other and kissing her some more.

The woman harrumphed. I grinned against Sophie's lips.

"A week of detention! Two weeks! Do you want a month of detention?"

I pulled back just enough to say, "Sure," then started to kiss her again.

But she turned her head. "I win." She grinned and skipped off to her class, leaving me alone and still lightheaded from her kiss, with a very flustered Lady Alexine.

I smirked at her. "Two weeks? See you there." Then I walked down the hall in the opposite direction from any of my classes.

*****

See, over the years, I have developed a talent for sleeping through the bells that signal the end of classes, but waking up for the lunch bell. So I conked out on some random chair until lunchtime, when I stood up. I stopped quickly in the bathroom before hurrying into the cafeteria.

I got to the door right as Foster did. I smirked at her. "Not cool, leaving me hanging like that."

"You pulled away first," she retorted.

"Nah, I wouldn't call that pulling away. Just not touching your lips at that second."

"Same difference."

"Rematch?"

"Yeah right." She tossed her hair and walked past me into the lunch room. I stared for a minute before hurrying after her.

She stopped so suddenly I nearly ran into her. Then I saw her flushed face and followed her gaze to our table. And... I was getting really tired of walking in on Fitz kissing some girl.

This time, it was Marella. Ugh, I can't believe we were ever best friends. He's disgusting.

I stepped up next to Foster and intertwined our fingers. "Wanna go?"

"No. It's... whatever. They're gross, but it doesn't matter."

I could tell she didn't really mean it, but I nodded and led her to the table. We slipped into a couple of the empty chairs. I glanced at Dex and Biana, who were both looking at Sophie. Their chairs were close together. I motioned towards them and smirked. "You two gonna start making out in front of us too?"

They both blushed. Biana recovered first. "No, my brother is a jerk. We wouldn't be gross like that."

I raised an eyebrow, and Biana fell silent. "I mean..."

Fitz finally pulled away from Marella, who dropped her eyes but couldn't hide her pleased smile. "Biana?" he asked with warning in his voice. "What is Keefe talking about?"

"Like you have any right to ask that question," she retorted. "You make out with any girl who doesn't care about her other friends."

Fitz didn't have a response, but Marella did. "I do care about you. If you can't support me liking Fitz, you're the one who doesn't care about me."

"Unbelievable." I cut in. "You do realize the only reason you guys are together is to spite Sophie, right?

Marella shrugged. "I don't really care why we're together. We are. Deal with it."

I snorted. "Should've known it'd be you. I thought you were getting better lately, but I guess I was wrong."

"I bet that was hard to admit," she said, examining her bright red fingernails.

"About as hard as it will be for Fitz to get tired of you and dump you without a thought. Not hard at all."

She ignored me. The table was silent for the rest of lunch. No one ate. I reached for Sophie's hand under the table, and she took it gratefully.

Finally, it was time to go to class. I stood up, pulling Sophie with me. We walked hand in hand out into the hallway, then stopped. I turned to her. "You good?"

"Ugh, it's silly for this to upset me. He's just stupid. Maybe I just feel bad for Marella."

"Don't. She's not like Linh. She knew the truth. She made her decision, and she doesn't care if she hurts you. She's liked him forever."

She sighed. "Yeah."

Trying to cheer her up, I made an offer. "Wanna ditch? Just head somewhere?"

She looked into my eyes. "We'd get in trouble."

"Eh."

She watched me for a minute. "Actually, yeah. I do. Where?"

"Eh."

She laughed. "Your place?"

"That works. Dad's not home right now. No clue when he'll be back though."

She opens her mouth, but I cut her off.

"No, sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I'm glad he's gone, really. And Ro'll be there. We could have a picnic on the beach."

She smiled softly. "I'd love that."

"Me too." I took her hand and raised my home crystal to the window's light.

*****

We sat on the picnic blanket together for several minutes before either of us spoke.

"I brought my iPod. Want to listen to some music?"

"Sure."

She flicked her thumb across the screen a few times before clicking a song. "I like this one." She pushed one earbud into her ear and handed me the other. After a few tries, I figured it out.

(It's the song on the top)

I love it when you call me señorita

I wish I could pretend I didn't need ya

But every touch is ooh la la la

It's true, la la la

She laughed. "I just thought of something. It's like us, how you call me Foster."

"You love that?"

"I love you. And I love that you care enough to have a special nickname for me."

I grinned. After a couple more songs that made literally zero sense, I heard her stomach growl. I laughed and reached for the picnic basket, pulling out my earbud.

"I seriously need to teach you how to pack a picnic," Sophie laughed as I unpacked what I'd stuffed hastily into a blanket.

"Nah, you know you love it." I handed her a butterblast, which she popped into her mouth.

"I do love it," she said after she swallowed.

"And I love you." She grinned at me, and I smirked back. "Too cheesy?"

"Never." We both leaned into a kiss. I could taste the butterblast on her lips, and it made the kiss even sweeter. She was so perfect. And I loved her more than anything. Anything at all.

She didn't pull away- probably still being stubborn- and I wasn't about to. So I tilted my head and kissed her some more. Might as well take advantage of her competitive streak. Finally, I pulled away.

"I win again." she whispered.

"Pretty sure we both did," I whispered back.

"Mmh. Yeah, probably." She grinned, and my gaze shifted back to her lips. She had had a little lip gloss on this morning, but I could barely see any now. That probably meant I had some on me, but I didn't care. I was so focused on her lips that I barely noticed the yelling from the house.

"I GET CALLED HOME BECAUSE MY SON'S NOT AT FOXFIRE AND YOU WON'T EVEN TELL ME WHERE HE IS? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE HIS BODYGUARD!"

We didn't hear a response. I winced. "Sounds like Dad of the Year's home. I'd better go before he looks out the window."

"I don't want to leave you here."

"Thanks, but I'll be fine. It's not like this has never happened before." I tried for a smile.

She didn't buy it. "We could just leave. Together."

"Nah, then Ro would get in trouble. It's okay, really. See you tomorrow." And I leaned over, giving her a goodbye kiss. I planned on pulling away quickly, but she kissed me back and I couldn't make myself do it. Eventually though, I did, and stood up. I figured I'd regret sending her away, but I didn't want her to get in trouble too. And I would get in trouble whether I went in now or later, so might as well get it over with.

I watched her leap away before trudging up to my room and waiting for my dad to discover me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.1K 851 21
Sophie and Keefe both go to Foxfire Highschool, but when they both develop feelings will they become more than friends? Highest Rankings; #1 in sokee...
210K 3.3K 36
"I guess I like Foster better than you," he remarked. "In some ways, I'm sure you do."Fitz muttered lowly. Sophie blushed, eyeing them both. What wa...
39.7K 872 17
❝𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕, 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆.❞ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗔𝗬 you turn a certain age, you get a bracelet. But it's...
99.8K 1.6K 28
𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 sophie and keefe fall in love with each other through a collection of sokeefe one shots VOL...