To the End of the World

By marcellasue

[COMPLETED] I wasn't sure how people handle unexpected life twists. Situations like this, well, they aren't t... More

Flashback
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18.1
Chapter 18.2
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
Final Epilogue

Chapter 31

315 21 1
By marcellasue

"Hana, dul set"

We pose in front of the camera. Ryujin keeps on ranting about her wearing a hanbok.

I think we didn't get a normal photo!

After taking pictures, grandma came to us and handed a polaroid film camera.

"Take photos using this too and we will post it at that board over there with the other pictures"

"Love! 1 2 3"

"Wait! I'm not ready yet!" I said and covered my face

"Okay, that's it" she responded and take the film out

That's so unfair! 

I grab the camera at her and copy what she did to me but she quickly take a pose! When the film came out, she looks so beautiful!

Ryujin get a pen and wrote at the lower part of the polaroid. I also get a pen and write Shin Ryujin at the bottom part. 

We walk to the board and saw lots of old people pictures. I guess we're the only young people who visited in here.

I pin ryujin's picture, and she also pin mine. I read at the words she wrote at my photo.

Shy Dummy - ryu

Tsk. I glare at her but she just display an innocent face. Argh!

"Let's change clothes now" she said

We return to the different rooms and change clothes, I wear a cute yellow sunflower design dress. Grandma said its her old clothing, but for me, it still looks new.

I came out and return to the counter, ryujin is wearing her black soccer shirt with Shin 12 at the back and simple denim shorts. Her hair has been fixed into a short ponytail.

"Welcome" Grandpa said as an old couple enter the bar place.

Even though no one is playing in front, there are still lot of old people who gathered in here and just enjoy their drinks.

"That's Mr and Mrs. Yoo right?" ryujin ask to grandpa

"Yeah, they visit here almost everyday" he said and clean the counter "It's their anniversary today, and Mr. Yoo always wanted this for his wife" Grandpa added and take a wine from below.

"Lia, sweetie could you please bring this to them?" grandma said and handed me the wine

"Yes, sure grandma" I said and take the wine

I fix myself before walking to Mr. and Mrs. Yoo table.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Yoo" I said as I arrived at their table

"What a beautiful young lady" mrs. yoo said

"Thank you, you look stunning tonight as well ma'am" I commented

"Oh, thank you sweetheart" she said

I like old people, they are so sweet!

"I would like to say, congratulations for your anniversary Mr. and Mrs. yoo, and here is the wine for your wife sir" I said and gently putted it in their table

"Thank you" Mr. yoo said and smile at me

"Please enjoy the night" I said and bow my head

After exchanging smiles with them I return to the counter.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes Mr. Yoo?" ryujin said

I look at my back and saw Mr. Yoo following me towards the counter place.

"If my memory serves me right, Shin ryujin?" he ask

"Nice to see again, Mr. Yoo" ryujin said

They shook hands and exchange few words

"What can we do for you sir?" grandpa ask

"No need for honorifics kim! We're friends!" he said and laugh

"Just trying to be formal yoo" grandpa said and laugh along "So, anything you need?"

"You know tonight is my wife's and I anniversary. Could I request a song before I pour her, her favorite glass of wine?"

"Hmm, the trot singers are gone for now -"

"Of course" ryujin said as she cutted grandpa.

"I just found the perfect singer for you tonight" she added and look at my direction.

Her face slowly turn in to a grin.

Oh no..

"Thank you, thank you" he said and walk back to their table

"Don't give me that look ryu" I said

"We have a deal, and this is my condition" she said and smirk

"Can I win against you?" I ask

"You can't"

"Really?" I move my lips closer to her ears and whispered "How about that one time in my bed?"

I put a hand on her shoulder, I feel her body stiffened so I started to laugh.

Well, it's safe to say I win this time!

I pull myself away from her but she stop it with her hand. This time it was her who whispered to me "I can say you did a great job back there, but still can't judge enough, how about we try it again so I can judge better?"

My face automatically feels hot. She make me face her then she started to laugh.

How could she just casually ask that?!

Aish! Why is she so good at this?!

"Okay, I'll do it. I'm really good at singing" I proudly say trying to win the argument.

"You're good at swinging that shoulders too" she said and copy the dance movements I made.

Why does she always have something to say?

I rolled my eyes at her. Tss, I really regret doing that in front of her!

"Grandpa, can I have a 2 shots of that hard drink you got?" I ask

Grandpa look at ryujin. 

Ryujin responded with a smile "It's the lady's order"

Grandpa nodded and handed me the drink. I drink it without hesitation, the bitter taste stayed on my throat. Eeeeck! So bitter!

They say drinking will bring you confidence. I say, it will excuse you from embarrassment!

Grandpa kim talk to the other grandpa's and then they stood up and climb their way to the stage and pick up each other's instrument.

I pour myself another drink and just shot it directly. Aaaargh! Why is this still so bitter?! I already have 5 shots of it!

Ryujin grabbed my waist and make me face her. She look up at me as she is sitting.

"You'd be great" she said

"Saying it like it wasn't her idea at all! Y - -"

I didn't finish my rant when she gently push my head in front of her face

"You always do great" she added then kisses the side of my lip.

My body froze for a moment. 

Her soft lips near mine makes my mind blank and my knees weak.

"Why won't you just kiss me?" I ask.

"Is that out of nowhere question again?" she ask

"I mean it" I said

Ryujin just smirk and motion me to walk to the stage. Tsk! She can just kiss me! What is there to tease?! Argh! What am I saying?! Is this because of the alcohol?

As soon as I stand at the stage. People stop from talking and pour their attention on me. I saw ryujin at the counter just smiling at me.

Mr. Yoo stood up and handed me a paper. I turn my back for a moment and read what is written, it's a song request. It says here, it is here wife favorite song and the song title is..

Tsk.  

A smirk form across my face. This is gonna be a great song. I bow my head at the grandpa's who are playing for the instrument and handed them the paper. Before we started grandpa kim handed as drinks.

I didn't want to drink anymore but I could use a confidence from it! I grab one and drink it then I turn in front.

"Ladies and Gentleman" I started in front of the mic. "May I request an applause from you all for this lovely couple we have in here! They are celebrating their anniversary!"

The people started to clap and mouthed congratulations.

"To celebrate this special occasion, i'm going to sing their favorite song and yeah, I hope you all like it" I said

Everyone started clapping again..

The instruments started to play one after another. I hold the mic and suddenly feel this oozing energy in me.

Woooaah, those drinks really got me!

I nod my head with accordance to the melody and started to sing.

"Kiss me ~"

When that word started, everyone started to cheers. Well, everyone in this bar surely knows this song! This is their kind of vibe.

 "out of the bearded barley

Nightly, beside the green, green grass

Swing, swing, (swing, swing) swing the spinning step

You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress ~"

"Oh, kiss me, beneath the milky twilight

Lead me out on the moonlit floor

Lift your open hand

Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance

Silver moon's sparkling

So kiss me"

I look at Mr. Yoo's table and he is pouring his wife a glass of their favorite wine. I move my eyes at ryujin's direction, she's leaning her back coolly at the counter with a smile on her lips watching me.

"Kiss me, (kiss me) down by the broken tree house ~" I pull the mic away from the standee and slowly walk my way out of the stage.

"Swing me, (swing me) upon its hanging tire

Bring, bring, (bring, bring) bring your flowered hat

We'll take the trail marked on your father's map"

Some grandpa's started to take my hand and make me turn like a ballerina, they are flashing sweet smiles at me.

"Oh, kiss me, beneath the milky twilight

Lead me out on the moonlit floor"

Then after dancing with me, they paved my way. I blow a kiss at them and started to walk to where my heart is.

"Lift your open hand

Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance

Silver moon's sparkling"

I didn't break my gaze at her while walking. I stopped in front of her, put the mic away and whispered to her ears "so kiss me"

Then came the instrumental of the song. Everyone started dancing. I pull ryujin's hand and bring her with the crowd, we started dance and laugh as we are partnered with different grandpa and grandma's.

As the instrumental started to end and the song started again, I run my way up the stage again. Everyone is still dancing, so does ryujin with a bunch of grandma's.

"Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight

Lead me out on the moonlit floor

Lift your open hand

Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, Silver moon's sparkling"

"So kiss me ~" I look at ryujin once again and she's already looking at me "So kiss me ~" I repeated.

We stare with each other, but was cutted when she was pulled by the grandma's. Ryujin scratch her head and look at me again with a pout. I let out a small laugh.

"So kiss me, So kiss me ~"

"My name is lia, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the night!" I said as the song finishes.

Cheers and applause greeted me after the performance. Mrs. Yoo even stood up and clap. As I walk down, grandpa's and grandma's hug me saying they really enjoy the song.

"Awee, thank you grandma" I said to one of them. 

I felt so happy!

"Let's get outta here before they pull me away from you again" ryujin said as she whispered to me. She put her arms around my waist and walk back to the counter.

"My sweetheart, tuk said you are really good at singing and you really are!" grandma kim said "Here dear, have some sweets" she added and handed me lots of donuts.

My eyes sparkle from the scene of donuts! I love donuts!

"Thank you grandma!" I said "Where did you get this?" I added and reached out one donut.

The sweet smell of the donuts is hypnotizing me!

"Tuk asked me if I could bake for you. She said you really like it"

I look at ryujin and she's stuffing herself with donut. 

Is she being shy right now? So cuteeee!

"Excuse me Mrs. Kim, can we borrow ryujin for a moment?" one grandma ask

Ryujin choke from her donut and quickly hide in my back.

"Aish. Why do they keep on coming at me?"

I turned around to face her "because they like you" I said and laugh

"Ahh! I don't want toooo" she suddenly said in aegyo and pouted.

Shit. I wasn't prepared for that! She's so cute!

"Just go with them, nothing will happen to you"

I keep on laughing at her. She's stomping her feet again and all pouted.

"But one of them wanted me to marry her son!"

"WHO?!" I turn my body to face the grandmas.

"Her" she said in a cute voice and secretly pointed at one of the grandma talking at grandma kim.

Ryujin's POV

Of course that's not true! Pfft! I just really enjoy making fun of her!

"Don't go. I'll hide you" she said and cover her small body to me. 

She's looking from left to right and open her eyes wide haha

"I don't want to marry her son" I said in a cute voice again "I don't want toooo"

"Stay behind me" she said holding both of my hands behind her "This is against rights!" she added out of nowhere.

I can't hold the laughter anymore so I bursted laughing.

"Aigooo, you really are such a dummy" I said and hug her from behind.

"Yah! Wae?" she ask "You need to hide or they might pull you away"

"Aigoooooo. Such a dummy" I repeated "They can't take me away from my date"

I bury my face on her neck. She smells so sweet. It's addicting..

"Yah! What are you doing?!" she ask

"Nothing" I responded and laugh

Just savoring the moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 42.3K 142
a book full of adventures. + fluff, angst, a little bit of steaminess, fantasy, horror, crime, a small intervention from stray kids, and plenty more...
1.2K 94 13
Yeji just moved to the big city and excited to see how she can build her own business. Everything is going well until she meets the woman crossing th...
34.3K 2.5K 31
🐰 𝘺𝘢𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘦 𝘧𝘧 🦊 Lee Chaeryeong's parents died in an accident. Thus, she's been living her whole life working to support her sister and g...
24.1K 864 43
A normal yet a not so normal high school love story. I'm surprised I managed to make it reach to the spot where the chapters doesn't make sense at al...