Chapter 55

"Ryu" she whispered

The picture was placed in front for everyone to see. Lia saw ryujin's mom crying after putting the picture of her daughter at the center. Lia on the other hand, went blank. Her knees gave up so she slumped down on the floor. She stare at the floor with mind full of nothingness, she can't think of anything, her body can't move, and she can't even speak up. The only thing that is capable of moving is the tears that is running on her face.

"A-ah"

Lia clench her fist as her chest started to burn with overwhelming pain and nothing but so much of pain.

"N-no, no no" she said to herself "this is not true"

"L-lia" her mom said

"No mom, this is j-just a dream" lia said as she stood up "W-wake up lia, wake up!"

"Sweetie"

Ryujin's mom tried to walk to lia's direction but lia took a stepped back.

"No please, this isn't right. She can't be dead, ryu-ryujin can't be dead!"

"UNNIE PLEASE"

Lia covers her ears and shake her head, defying to accept the obvious and real scene in front of her. Without glancing on everyone and at the front where ryujin's picture was placed, lia run outside the church. As the church's doors closes, lia's heart trembled with anger and pain.

Lia wipe her tears and decided to run away. Just as she was on the verge of running, she notices someone not far from her, standing beside the same bench where she was earlier. There she saw a person in a clean tux, back facing at her but there is beam of light placed between its hands.

As lia's eyes remain cloudy and blurry, the person slowly turn behind. With a snap, lia stood frozen on her ground. The cold breeze swiftly passed between the two person staring at each recognition. The person curve a smile at lia that made her weak once more. In full view, lia found the person she was finding all this time.

Even being blinded with lantern in the person's hands, lia knew she finally found her reasons again.

"R-ryu-jin" she slowly uttered

"R-r-ryujin"

"R-ryu"

Lia's cracked voice silently echoed on the dark night.

Lia's POV

S-she's here.

The person whom I wanted to most.

She is here.

She's really here.

"Ryujin" I finally said

I don't understand what's going on and I don't care anything right now. I might be crazy, I'm seeing, I'm seeing ryujin. I picked up the courage left on my body and ran to her as tears formed again on the sides of me. As I stood in front of her, she's still the same, her scent, her whiskered dimples, her eyes, and smile.

I put my hands on her cheeks and checked every sides of her body. I can touch her and I can feel her warmness. I trace my thumb on her lips when she suddenly softly bit it. I pull my hand away from her and stepped back.

I'm really going crazy. What is going?! I'm so confuse!

"I must be crazy. I can see and touch ryujin" 

W-wait.

Am I.

Am I

"Am I d-d-dead?" I ask looking at ryujin