Kanto's Pride

By pseudoforce

This is a story of Ash Ketchum, the boy who became famous after defeating the World Champion Leon himself in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 24

13.3K 164 127
By pseudoforce

An Elite member from the KDA informed Ash that there was a havoc in Route 16. A plethora of wild pokemon were rampaging across that area, causing damage and endangering civilians.

"Route 16 huh? Let's see," Ash said while checking the map of Lumiose city in his phone. The city's map was even complicated than trigonometry, and people  who aren’t native here, would easily get lost without it.

Ash was standing in a spot away from the academy. He called out his Pidgeot once again.

"Sorry for disturbing you, but it's an emergency," Ash said as the bird nodded in understanding.

Ash aboarded and Pidgeot blasted off at the speed of light.

***

Route 16 was quite getting out of control. Wild pokemons from the forest were rampaging and destroying the area. There were some pretty strong ones as well like Pangoro, Tyranitar, Ursaring, Machamp, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Nidoking, Barbaracle, Golem, Onix, Trevanent, Houndoom and others. In other words, it was an army of powerhouses.

This has never happened before specially in a city like Lumiose. All of a sudden pokemon started coming out and started attacking everything in sight. The KDA branch of Kalos were doing everything they can.

"Take those people away from here. Evacuate this Route immediately," Agent David, who was in charge said as the others were carrying his orders.

Suddenly, a Houndoom appeared and fired a Hyper Beam towards a building where some civilians were taking refugee.

"Typhlosion use Fire Blast," a voice said as the volcano pokemon shot the powerful move, cancelling the Hyper Beam. Typhlosion roared, intimidating the other wild mons.

"Its Sir Ethan," a voice of an agent said happily.

"Thank you for your assistance," David gave a salute to the Elite Four member of Kanto.

"No need to thank me," Ethan said. "Are the people safe?" he asked.

David nodded. "Yes Sir. They all have been escorted to safety with some of our agents." Ethan nodded approvingly .

"But---" David said as he looked at the rampaging pokemons with a worry look. "How are we going to deal with them?"

Ethan smirked surprising David. "Sir?" he asked wondering what's so funny.

"Don't worry about them. I have already called Ash, so he will be here any moment," Ethan said simply as he went to fight against some of the mons with his fire type partner.

Agent David was dumbfounded at what he said. He then smiled, feeling the tension going of his chest. He tapped his earpiece, which was connected to all agents in operation.

"Calling Agent David. Everyone engage in escorting the citizens to safety. I repeat, everyone escort the civilians and evacuate Route 16 immediately." David gave his orders as the others were stunned.

"But Sir, what about the wild pokemons?" someone asked in his earpiece.

"Champion Ash will take care of it," David said smiling.

***

Ash was a bit surprised when Ethan called him. He told him about some pokemons going out of control or something. Ash was bit confused because the KDA were taking care of it, so why did they needed him? When he reached Route 16, he knew exactly why.

The area was a total mess. Screams and yells could be heard as people were running here and there. The sound of helicopters could be heard. Ash saw some reporters were reporting about this chaos through live.

Ash looked from the above and saw the agents doing a good job in escorting the civilans, while a boy was trying to stand against the angry herd of pokemon. He recognised that it was Ethan when he saw the Typhlosion.

'Right. Of course they are depending on me. I could see Ethan smirking even from up here,'  Ash thought, sighing mentally.

'But why are the pokemons behaving like this?  What could be the reason?'  the Kanto Champion thought again with a frown.

An explosion from below broke him out of his thoughts. He looked down just in time to see a group of Poliwags ganging up on Typhlosion, who looked tired and injured.

Ash wasted no time.

"Knock them out Pikachu, Thunder."

***

"As you can see, the KDA agents have escorted the citizens to a safe place. But the wild pokemon, for some unknown reasons, are still rampaging in the area," a reporter said from the helicopter. The news were starting to spread throughout the whole city.

"Right now, Kanto Elite Four member Ethan Gold is fighting bravely against them. But for how long?" the reporter questioned and the camera zoomed to the ongoing battle downwards.

Ethan was tensed about what to do. Typhlosion looked tired and there was no sign of Ash. Suddenly, he heard a faint rumbling from above as black clouds started to gather in the sky. He smiled in relief.

'About time.'

A large bolt of yellow lightning shot down from sky. It hit the ground and a massive explosion occured, taking everyone's attention. The group of Poliwags instantly fainted from the powerful electric type move. The other mons around it were pushed back and took damage from the shockwave.
The agents who noticed it from a distance, cheered and high fived each other, knowing the situation is now under control.

"What's this?" the reporter exclaimed as the camera was instinctively zoomed at a Pidgeot which landed right on the Route. A guy with a Pikachu was seen landing from the bird before standing on the spot.

"Its the Kanto Champion himself in action!" exclaimed the reporter.

Pikachu took a battle stance from Ash's shoulder, cheeks sparking with deadly electricity. Pidgeot was ready as well.

"Took you long enough," Ethan said as Ash turned at him.

"What in the world has gotten into them?" Ash asked incredulously gesturing at the wild mons around them.

"Dunno. It’s almost like they are not themselves," Ethan said looking around.

'Not themselves huh,'  Ash thought as he looked at the mons once again. They didn’t look like they were doing this on purpose. Almost like someone was forcing them too. Ash knew what has to be done.

"Defeat them." Ash said as Ethan gave him a look saying 'Excuse me mate?'

Ash sighed. "It's the only way. I have a feeling they will be back to normal after fainting. I will do that while you go and send a medic team here once we are done."

Ethan nodded without any question. He knew better than not to trust Ash. He and his Typhlosion stormed off from the place.

Ash turned and looked at all the wild pokemons glaring at him, ready to attack.

Ash sadly sighed. "I am sorry, but this is for your own good," he said and threw a pokeball in the air.

***

"It looks like the Champion has decided to take the matter into his own hands," the reporter exclaimed loudly.
"Will he be able to stand against them? Or did he ever stood a chance? Stay with us and find out," another reporter from a second helicopter said as the cameras were zoomed to the now battlefield.

A blue bipedal pokemon materialised. It had spikes coming out from its chest and paws with a strong figure.
The moment Lucario came out, it let loose a powerful force of aura around it, sending a huge shockwave. The helicopters waved in the air and almost lost control due to it. The wild mons now were all alerted and cautious sensing danger, as they were ready to attack.

The aura pokemon opened its eyes and looked around. It was expecting to be in a stadium or something but this was completely out of nowhere. Lucario turned to its trainer with a confused look.

"What the f-"

"I will explain later,"  Ash said cutting him off through his aura. "Right now we need to defeat all of them,"  Ash further said pointing his finger behind Lucario.
The aura pokemon was startled to see so many strong wild mons in one place. He smirked, cracking his fists.

"With pleasure,"  Lucario said smirking.

"Pikachu and Lucario, let's fight them of. Pidgeot, fly up and use Hurricane every so often," Ash quickly gave his orders as the three pokemon nodded.

Suddenly, multiple blast of Hyper Beams were flying towards them. Ash quickly acted.

"Aura Barrier," he said as he and Lucario held out their hands forming the shield together. The powerful attack hit but did no damage to anyone.

"Let's go," Ash said as they started running towards them.

"Get close to that Tyranitar with Extreme Speed and finish it with Close Combat."

Lucario disappeared instantly and appeared in front of the Armor pokemon Ash was referring to. It then landed a barrage of punches and kicks on it with sheer force. Due to it being a Rock and Dark type, it took 4× damage from the fighting type move and fainted right on the spot.

Lucario then jumped back, dusting his paws off like it was nothing, seemingly angering the other pokemons.

The Houndoom from before shot a powerful flamethrower towards them.

"Use Thunderbolt."

Pikachu rubbed its cheeks and unleashed the powerful attack. They were at a stalemate until the thunderbolt overpowered it, and zapped the Houndoom knocking it out.

Then the Machamps and Pangoro started throwing boulders at them with an incredible speed.

"Deflect it with Bone Rush. Then knock them out with a barrage of Aura Spheres."

Lucario destroyed the boulders into dust after summoning the long hard bone. Then he used powerful shots of Aura Spheres at  them continuously until they were out cold.

Some of them tried to sneak on Ash only to be blown away with a powerful Hurricane from Pidgeot.

The army of mons were slowing starting to get smaller and smaller, as Ash's Pikachu, Lucario and Pidgeot were gaining the upperhand. After 15 minutes of battling or so, eventually,  all the wild pokemon were knocked out.

Getting the signal, a team of medics immediately came to tend to the injured pokemon. Ethan and the agents were right behind them.

The cameras from above recorded the whole thing. The reporters were too shocked to make a report, but they collected themselves again and spoke.

"A-amazing. Champion Ash defeated all of the wild pokemons that were rampaging around the area just a while ago. A team of medics are tending to the injured pokemon right now. Thanks to the Champion and the KDA, the civilans and Route 16 are now safe," the reporter made the final report.

"You guys did a great job. Thanks," Ash said as the pokemons smiled and nodded.

"At this point, I shouldn’t be even surprised,  should I?" the voice of Ethan said as Ash turned to look at him. He gave a glance at the agents behind him. All of them halted in an instant and gave him a salute.

"Sir." They exclaimed in unison as Ash and his pokemon just sweatdropped.

They were discussing about the incident when a medical officer approached them.
Ash noticed him and spoke.

"What are the reports doctor?" he asked.

"I don't really see a reason for the pokemon to act the way that they did," the doctor said thoughtfully, "There are no signs of drugs or other brainwashing substance in there body. They are just some typical healthy wild pokemons," he explained.

Ash thought about it.

"It seems my guess was right," Ash said.

"What guess?" Ethan asked.

"If I am not wrong, all these pokemon will wake up in a moment. They will look around confused as if wondering why they were here instead of where they should be, and then everyone will leave this place like nothing happened," Ash explained in detail as they listened.

"Hah, like that's gonna---" Ethan tried to laugh it off but stopped.

All the wild mons started stirring and they woke up. Just like Ash told, they looked around in confusion for a moment, but then left the place hurriedly like nothing happened.

Ethan, the agents and the doctor had their jaw dropped at how everything happened just like Ash predicted.

Ethan looked at him. "Did you write the script or something?" he asked.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ash asked raising an eyebrow.

"But Sir, how did you know?" asked David interrupting.

"Someone must have used some sort of confusion or hypnosis to divert their minds into thinking this city is their enemy," he explained.

"But who would do such a thing?" the doctor asked.

Ash had a vague idea about it, but decided to say nothing for now.

"No idea. This matter should be investigated," Ash said looking at David. He saluted, "Of course Sir. I will send the reports to the HQ right away," he said.

People started to gather around the area where the incident took place. All of them saw the news. They were discussing and taking pictures. And of course, a group of reporters started to sprint towards the direction where Ash and the others were standing.

They looked horrified.

"U-uh S-sir? What should we do?" David asked nervously.

"Run," was the word Ash said. Immediately they, along with the KDA left the place in a flash. Ash and Ethan returned their pokemons and got into one of the Cruisers, as they stormed off from the area.

***

"Thanks for the ride David," Ethan said.

"That's the least we could do Sir. Good Night," the agent said and drove away from the academy.

Ash and Ethan now were standing at the entrance after taking a lift from one of there Land Cruiser.

Ash's stomach rumbled.

"Hungry?" Ethan asked with a chuckle.

"You think?" Ash said with torpor.

"C'mon, let's go to the cafe for dinner," Ethan suggested as Ash nodded. They both started walking.

***

The cafeteria was lively than usual. Ash and Ethan could hear the students talking and shouting with excitement. They looked at each other.

"What's the ruckus about?" asked Ash

"Dunno. I was with you," replied Ethan.

As soon as they entered, the shouting got 10 times louder than before as Ash and Ethan had to clutch their ears tightly due to it.

People started clapping and cheering, chanting their names. A group of people surrounded Ash. Before he could process anything, a honey blonde girl hugged him.

"Ash! I am so glad you're alright," Serena said embracing and kissing hisbm cheek.

Another blunette pulled her from Ash and hugged him instead.

"You can be so reckless sometimes you know?" Dawn said as she lightly kissed his chin.

Dawn pulled away from a blushing Ash as Brock came.

"I am proud of you Ash. You did a great job," he said beaming.

Ash smiled but still was confused a bit until Ethan cleared him up.

"Looks like everyone saw the news," he said as Ash nodded, understanding their reason of excitement.

"I can't believe you fought against an army of pokemons, you were amazing," Max said fanboy tone.

"Lucario sure has gotten a lot stronger no doubt," Goh said.

"Yeah I--" Ash started to say but stopped seeing two individual glaring at him.

May stomped at him angrily.

"You could have hurt yourself Ash," she said yelling and a raising a fist. Ash closed his eyes in fear, but the punch never came. Instead he was hugged by the brunette.

"Don't do that again," she muttered and kissed softly on his neck. May pulled herself away.

Ash was blushing madly by now until another voice said.

"You literally were at my room during that time," a voice said as Ash looked at the person.

Ash just chuckled. "I ran off the moment I was out of your room," he said as Anabel giggled, but also gave him a hug.

'Aww no smoochies?'  Pikachu thought with a pout.

Serena, Dawn and May glared at them.

"What were you...." Serena started.

"....doing..."  added Dawn.

"...in her room?". May finished.

They asked Ash who just sweated nervously. Thankfully, Anabel answered for him.

"Oh he just came to check up on me, that's all," she said with a smile pointing at her bandaged head.

They softened their gaze a bit, but still looked mad.

Gary noticed the tension.

'Hmm... interesting,'  Gary thought with a smirk.

'Lucky Guy,'  thought Ethan.

"C'mon guys, cut him some slack," said Mallow interfering.

"Yeah. You must be hungry, right Ash?" asked Lana.

That's when Ash remembered why he was here at the first place and his stomach answered for him with a growl. Ash nodded with nervous chuckle as the group laughed.

"C'mon Ash. I made some pokepuffs for you," Serena said as she dragged him to a table.

Dawn grabbed his other arm offering something as well. May huffed and rushed at them, not wanting to stay behind. Anabel was nervous for a moment, but when she saw the girls so close to Ash, she felt a new burning flame of jealousy inside her, as she joined the group as well.

Brock stared at the once dense 10 year amateur boy now a smart, handsome, and matured chick magnet. He couldn’t help but feel proud of his best friend.

"It hurts, doesn’t it?" Gary whispering in his ear with a smirk, knowing what the breeder was thinking.

"Speak for yourself," Brock whispered back shutting the simp off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 393 12
CONTINUED ON @CrazyPokemonWriters Ash Ketchum just recently beat Diantha, becoming the new Kalos champion, a day after Serena Yvonne beat Aria, beco...
17.8K 286 10
Ash ketchum.... a normal boy. He had friends, cared for his Pokemon and had a happy go lucky personality.... atleast that's s what his friends thou...
459K 10.8K 105
Ash Ketchum who lost against Leon in the world Coronation series as he saw the world saying he was weak. When he reached back home he and his Mom wer...
9.8K 208 10
Ash has won the World Coronation Series but one final challenge remains on his Journey, the true world champion, Pokemon Kaiser Daniel Rian. Ash face...