Deep End - Magnus Bane

By stormyshadows__

"Love is for the weak" She said staring out of the window of Magnus' apartment, lost in the city below. "If... More

INTRO
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34

15

6.4K 205 0
By stormyshadows__

"You wanted to see me?" Sarah said after she knocked on Vector's door entering his office.

"Yes, please Sarah. Have a seat" He ushered to the couch as the brunette rested on it he started, "Of course it's no secret you've been raised by Valentine, he's not just your father he's the man who trained you."

"Not by choice but why don't you just get straight to the point?" She asked eyeing the man suspiciously having no idea what his intentions are.

"In all honesty someone like you should be under the Clave's eyes, we'd prefer that you don't leave the institute's premise" He explained looking at her.

She scoffed, "You want to keep me a prisoner? I have proved over and over again that I'm not loyal to Valentine" Sarah stated with disbelieving eyes.

He tilted his head at her giving a shrug, "You're not loyal to the Clave either and that makes you a dangerous women, Sarah. Because let's be honest who are you really loyal to." Vector wondered his eyes never leaving the brunette's who stood up, "You think you can keep me here?"

"It's an order from the Clave. You don't follow it City of Bones isn't far away from here, your choice" Sarah stared at the man who snickering walking out of his office in a fury.

"Aldertree can't keep you a prisoner" Jace started as he and Sarah walked in circles around each others with blades hands in the training room.

"Oh he can and he did." She swung her blade at him but he dodged, "I don't have a choice in the matter, he made that abundantly clear"

"What are you gonna do?" Jace asked swinging his own blade at the brunette who let their blades clash together.

She took a step back swinging the blade in her hands, "Stay here. I mean I'm tired of running and hiding in the shadows."

Jace swished the blade at her face but she bend backwards evading it, "Come on, you're making it too easy" Sarah remarked with a grin as they both circled each other.

Jace tilted her head, a smirk creeping on his lips, "You think you can win" He inquired defiantly.

The brunette shrugged, "Seemed easy enough before" She came at Jace with a couple of trained attacks to which he barely evaded.

Breathing heavily he answered her, "Doesn't count" he passed his fingers through his hair, "I heard you talked to Clary, you're warming up to her"

Shrugging the brunette answered "She's our sister" Jace was the one who attacked this time making the siblings spar for a few moments before Sarah pushed their blades apart.

"You don't have to remind me" Jace said before taking a few steps back circling the brunette once again.

"I know it must suck" She grinned as she attacked him with her blade, "At least I didn't deny my feelings" He counter attacked letting their blades clash again.

"Ouch, you're wrong" She remarked going into a serious of full blown attacks wishing for the conversation to end, "Magnus being single is proving me right" He breathed out evading each and every one of the brunette's attacks.

"I saw the way you look at him. What are you scared of?" He questioned with a frown watching his sister who kept attacking him, "Gossiping isn't one of your traits, Jace" She said out of breath.

Until finally Jace's blade was at the brunette's neck, "But kicking your ass is?" He asked with a smirk at being able to win their little fight.

But Sarah only grinned as her blade was literally between his legs, "I'd like to see you try" She looked down at the blade that was ready to end Jace at any moment now.

Sarah was walking through the hallways of the institute in search of something to do until she passed by the room Jocelyn's body was preserved in, she frowned when she saw Clary cutting a lock of hair off the dead woman's body.

"Clary, what are you doing?" She inquired walking into the room approaching the redhead who was startled rooted in her place.

"Nothing." Clary dismissed her quickly hiding the lock of hair behind her back, hoping that the brunette would be gone but Sarah only frowned deeper, "Then what's behind your back?" She questioned with raised eyebrows that meant don't lie to me.

Clary shook her head ashamed that she was busted, "I went to see a warlock in Park Slope. Her name's Iris Rouse and she-" Sarah's eyebrow's raised approaching the redhead carefully.

"Please tell me you're not doing what I think you're going to do" Sarah said watching the brunette carefully.

"I can bring my mom back, Sarah. Our mom." Clary stated making the brunette shake her head, "It's not possible, Clary"

Clary pursed her lips, "She wasn't supposed to die, Sarah. It was a mistake. A freak demon attack. I... I want more time with her, you wouldn't understand because you don't know her like I did" She argued

"You think that whoever you're going to bring back is going to be your mother. There are always risks. You could very well conjure a demon in Jocelyn's form." Sarah stated with agitation as she watched the redhead's stubbornness.

"You said "could". She could also come back the same, right?" Clary wondered with hopeful still not convinced by the brunette's words.

"Look, I know you want her back. But you have to trust me, Clary. You don't bring people back from the dead there are always consequences and million different bad things could go wrong. If it was possible everyone would bring back their loved ones but it doesn't work that way" Sarah stated with soft eyes knowing very well the pain that the redhead was going through.

Sarah stood in the hallway with her phone in her hand, finger hovering over Magnus' name, as she was about to dial him Jace walked up to her, "Hey, Sarah. Have you seen Clary? I can't find her anywhere?"

The brunette quickly put her phone in her pocket looking up at Jace, "What do you mean you can't find her?"

"I searched the whole institute. She's no where to be found" Jace explained making the brunette's eyes widen before shaking her head, "Damn it Clary"

Sarah told Jace about the conversation she had earlier with Clary, she wasn't supposed to leave the institute so it was Jace and Isabelle who went to save the redhead.

At the afternoon it was time for the funeral everyone one was dressed in white including the brunette who stood watching the priest put some rose petals on each of the dead.

She crossed her hands together in front of her looking at Jocelyn's dead body that was wrapped in white, "You all right?" Jace whispered as the brunette nodded looking ahead of her.

Clary came in the room dressed in white as Jace approached her, "I can't do this, Jace." She said shaking her head.

"Yes, you can. You're not alone" Sarah answered making the redhead look at her too stunned to say anything but Clary nodded anyways standing between Jace and Sarah, the three of them walked forward.

"Those remaining will take their place with the fallen." Aldertree started as the three siblings stood next to Jocelyn's body, "Those remaining will say the names of the fallen."

"Brother Micah." One of the silent brothers announced his fallen brothers and all in union the shadowhunters chanted, "Pulvis et umbra sumus."

"Brother Jeremiah." A silent brother announced yet again another fallen brother, "For we are dust and shadows." the shadowhunters chanted.

It was time for Clary to say the name of her dead mother, the redhead was barely keeping herself together, "Jocelyn..." Her voice broke mid sentence as tears escaped her eyes, "Mom..." She turned to Jace gripping him tightly as she cried her eyes out.

"Jocelyn Fairchild." Sarah said out loud with a steady voice, "Ave atque vale. Hail and farewell."

The three siblings went back to the crowd as Aldertree and other two silent brothers used their steles on each one of the dead and raised their hands up as the souls of the fallen left the earth.

After the funeral the brunette was walking aimlessly around the institute glaring at those who whispered and snickered around her as if they are in high school, so deciding she won't accept that the brunette barged into Vector's office.

"I'll not stay at this place any more second" Sarah stated after barging into Aldertree's office.

Aldertree turned to her putting the file he was reading on the desk, "I thought you'd last longer" He said with a grin making the brunette frown.

"You think this is funny?" she wondered with narrowed eyes watching the man.

"Don't you?" He retorted putting his hand together in front of himself watching the brunette calmly.

Sarah nodded her head snickering at the man, "Oh you know what I think would be funnier?" She inquired with a little smirk that creeped on her face, "I leave this institute, Valentine hid from the Clave for 20 years, you think it'll be hard for me to do the same. So imagine what that would make you look like in front of your bosses?" Sarah asked with raised eyebrows.

Aldertree clenched his jaw standing up, "I believe we can reach an agreement." He started staring at the brunette who tilted her head, "That's what I thought" She scoffed.

Sarah took a seat at the chair that was in front of Aldertree's desk, "Let's be clear here, you want the mortal instruments and Valentine, now I don't know about the mortal instruments but I know about Valentine, I've been with him all my life. " She started leaning her body across the desk to stare at Aldertree who sat down watching the brunette with narrowed eyes.

"So you tell me Vector would you rather have me on your side or not" She suggested with raised eyebrows.

He shook his head with a scoff, "You're more like Valentine than you ever think."

"But there's no one that wants him punished for his crimes more than I do, trust me you'll want me on your side"

He sighed relaxing in his seat, "Fine you get me Valentine and you'll be completely exonerated from your crimes"

She shook her head staring him up and down, "Not enough"

"What else do you want?" He inquired furrowed eyebrows.

"All my life I didn't have a purpose but perhaps this should change too." She paused standing up, "I want to work at the institute." She stated looking at Vector who scoffed.

"No, not possible."

"Then I guess no Valentine then." She turned around ready to leave heading for the door when Vector stopped her, "Fine. Deal."

A smile creeped on her face as she walked out of the office, "You made a deal with him?" Jace wondered as he walked beside his sister towards the institute's exit.

"The Clave doesn't care about the means they care about the end, they want Valentine and they'll do anything to capture him they could care less about me." She explained stopping in her tracks turning to her brother.

"What are you gonna do now?" He inquired looking at the brunette who looked down, "There's someone I need to see." She informed him before heading for the exit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 6.9K 72
Persephone: Greek Goddess of persuasion and seduction Shadowhunters Season 1-? Jace Wayland x OC Started: April 15th 2022 Finished: ... Season 1 ✅...
484K 9.5K 63
Shadowhunters -season 1-season2-season3 Katherine Fairchild had run away from her home when she was eleven and had been taken in by the Lightwoods. S...
310K 7.6K 56
Skylar Morgenstern is the daughter of Valentine Morgenstern and Jocelyn Fairchild. She has lived in The New York Institute keeping her separated from...
886K 20.6K 60
storm in her eyes, peace in her smile. jace herondale x fem!oc shadow hunters: the mortal instruments, season...