Furroko: Land of Division

By bloodshotangel

Synopsis: It was a new school year in Silver Leaf University and for this year, they have decided to open the... More

1: An Unexpected Meeting
2: Something's Not Right
3: Where it Came From
4: Welcome Back...
5: The Other Side
6: The Old Days
7: 'A Trip through Memory Lane' as they say
8: A Visit to the Unknown
9: The Wilders
10: The Life of the Successors
11: A Grand Confession
12: The Masquerade
13: The Beginning of Improvement
14: Furroko's Abandoned
15: The Health Department
16: 'Ghost Town'
18: Yes Sir!
19: Long Time No See Brother...
20: Let Me In
21: Need to be Prepared
22: They're Gone...
23: How we became who we are
24: Survive and Escape
25: Within A Monster Hides A Poor Soul
26: "Time to Play"
27: Return to a Wasteland
28: -.-- --- ..- || .- .-. .
29: ... .- || ..- .--.
30: .. -. || .-
31: --. --- --- ... . || -.-. .... .- ... .
32: It's Over
33: Still Standing
34: A Special Celebration
35: Almost There!
36: Recognition Day!
Thanks to the Reader
Furroko EXTRAS

17: Loyalty to the Mistress

4 1 0
By bloodshotangel

It's a new day after the declaration that Alistair made. Today, they're going to be going to be visiting the Hybrid's territory. What's special in this specific part of Furroko is that they are very loyal of their ruler, which is mandated to be a woman. They call their leader as "Mistress" as a way of formality to introduce and converse with. Whenever the previous leader of the Hybrids passed their reign, they are still considered an important figure of their territory since the leader had experience and when the Successor of the leader will be announced, they are going to be addressing her as the "Young Mistress". The Successors came by for their visit of the Hybrid's part of Furroko. Some of their parents are not present because they are busy on their jobs in the other world.

"Today, we'll be going to the Hybrids' territory...This will be a new experience for the Young Mistress, since you are the successor to your mother." Aiden said, gesturing to Alice.

"How about we get started, shall we?" Zion said, the successors nodding and they went on their way.

They went on their way and arrived at their destination. As they took their few steps after exiting the gate, most of the creatures stared at them confused. This continued on until they started making their way to explore the Hybrid territory, where the people bowed down and greeted.

"Good Day, Young Mistress."

The Crystals looked behind them and saw Adrion, Alistair, and Francis looking around confused and Alice looking embarrassed at the attention. The Crystals know that Alice will have to get used to the way of formality, so they accompanied them by their side and continued on their way.

"Let's continue our walk, young ones. I assure you Young Mistress, you will be used to the formality of your people." Owen said, as they continued to walk.

They continued their way and made it to the sanctuary where a variety of plant species are present. Common, rare, harvested within the land or imported from other lands,  are preserved to make sure there is supply if needed. The sanctuary was filled with all kinds of plants and flora, making it look like a garden of wonder. Fortunately, there are paths, and separations between the people and plants to avoid any harm to the plants and the people.

"This is amazing..." Adrion said in awe.

"From the plants we have here to the ones from other far lands, they're preserved and always monitored...But not all species are present." Aiden said, grabbing a book.

The thick book placed on a protected shelf just beside the entrance of the sanctuary is a record of all plants present inside. With their pictures showed first and below are their descriptions containing place of common origin, maintenance routine and other pieces of information such as their first appearance, their extinction level and other facts that can be useful.

"This is all the names of the plants, along with information about each one." Aiden said, pointing on the different plants.

After their trip around the sanctuary, they were given a chance to touch some of them and after that, they continued on their way. Once again, hearing whispers and formal greetings from those around them. They are now in front of the Mansion. This mansion is considered a museum of the different special hybrids species and the house of the Mistress. They are guarded by flying hybrids at the entrance. They went to one of 3 entrances, specifically the one in the middle.

"I would like you three to stop there, only The Crystals, the Mistress and her Successor are allowed...Not unless you're given permission to enter by the Mistress or the Successor herself." One of the guards said, opening his wings.

Aiden brought Alice in front of the guards. As the guards bow down to give their greetings, Aiden whispered to her ear.

"Just tell them you give the permission, and we can all go inside, okay?" Aiden said, as Alice nodded and took a deep breath.

"Young Mistress, do you give them permission to enter?" The guards asked.

"I would like to give them permission to enter the Mansion." Alice said, the guards nodding and opening the doors.

"You may all enter...Thank you for your permission Young Mistress..." The guard said.

"Thank you." Alice said, smiling. The guards looking away smiling, as if they achieved something.

As they all went inside, the doors closed behind them. Before they can go any further, voices were heard from the other side of the door. Sounding like the guards from outside.

"We got to see the Young Mistress smile!" The guards exclaimed, celebrating.

"What did they say!?" Alice said, hearing what the guards said.

"The people here in this part of the territory value their Mistress that even a simple smile can be a big celebration for them. That's how loyal they are." Aiden explained as they went up the stairs.

When you enter the mansion, you will see 2 staircases, in the middle of the two, leads to the kitchen and dining room. Beside the left staircase leads to 1 room of the museum the living room, while beside the right staircase leads to another room for the museum and a library or study room. Upstairs has the second floor made of glass and wood on the sidelines, we can see some artifacts and fossils displayed. The rooms around it are the bedrooms and another spiral staircase in the 2 corners. On the whole third floor is the grand ballroom, with a balcony around the exterior. The fourth floor is a mini garden patio, you can be able to see a lot when you stand there.

"There's so much fossils here..." Francis said in amazement.

"He's getting excited again." Adrion said.

"There's a lot more to see, young doctor...There are fossils everywhere in this mansion." Aiden said.

"Let's go to the ballroom, there are more fossils and artifacts there." Aiden said, leading them to the ballroom.

"Why don't we go the other rooms downstairs?" Adrion asked as they went up.

"It's because it's only bedrooms, and other rooms you see in a house, it just has some fossils...The ones that are special are kept there so they won't be stolen, plus they are guarded by security systems." Aiden replied as they enter the ballroom.

"Woah...It's so big..." Alistair said looking around in awe.

"This is where most celebrations here are, but only a few are allowed since it the ballroom can't fit all of them here" Owen said, remembering his past experiences in the ballroom.

"What memories we had in this ballroom..." Zion said, the Crystals nodding in agreement.

"What kind of celebrations do they have here...?" Alistair asked.

"Well...They celebrate if there is a new discovery, funerals and others...Their most important is when they celebrate the Mistress' birthday...Again, they value their ruler like a goddess. They give gifts of honor and invite the leaders and us if we're available." Aiden said.

"I can guess anything that involves the Mistress is celebrated?" Francis asked, the Crystals nodding.

"I'm curious how they'll celebrate your birthday sis." Adrion said, looking at his sister smirking.

"I don't really think it's necessary to have such a grand party." Alice said, feeling embarrassed.

"Oh, she will be having a very special celebration with her people." Owen said.

"Don't forget that even the Monsters do the same." Florence pointed out.

"Really!?" Adrion exclaimed in excitement.

"Well...Seems my brother likes the attention more than me...hehe..." Alice said,

"You'll get used to it sis, a lot of people talk to you at school, right?" Adrion said.

"I know, I know....You kept telling me that." Alice replied.

The Mistress

The leader of the Hybrids is what we call the Mistress. In this part of Furroko, the leader is most likely to be a woman, since it's believed that having a female leader can prove that a woman can be as superior as the men surrounding her.

Since she is the superior, she is given a lot of respect and worth. This is where the saying "Loyalty to the Mistress" means a lot to the Hybrids. They celebrate her special days as a grand celebration. Even the slightest smile can make the Hybrids happy.

Even if she is given a lot of attention, she's not always right. The other hybrids will give suggestions and advice in the politest way they can. This way, they can be helping their leader in making decisions that will benefit all of them. This is also an opportunity for them to speak up and share their thoughts to others.

If the Mistress passes away, whether or not she's in her position or not, her ashes will be displayed and be put in a special place in the mansion, the ballroom. There will be a large glass case, with the ashes of the previous Mistresses along with their names. This is a sign of respect.

*****************************************************************************

The Mansion of the Mistress

This mansion has 4 floors, having different ways for different rooms. Not only is this a Mansion for the leader to stay in, it's also a museum for the fossils of rare hybrid combinations, along with artifacts and antiques. In each rooms, you will be able to see some fossils, artifacts and antiques that match with the room. The ones with a higher rarity are kept in specials rooms, such as the master bedroom, the ballroom and the library.

Exterior: You will be going up some steps, then being in front of a big entrance guarded by 2 flying hybrids. On the right and left sides, you will be seeing big windows on each, but with closed curtains and another set of windows above it for the 2nd floor. There will be 4 pillars on the 4 corners of the entry platform. Above the entrance is a balcony in the middle and it continues around the 3rd floor. If you look up further, you can see an open rooftop with some shade at the back. It's full of flora around the rails, the same is with the balcony and the pillars.

The Interior (1st floor): You will be shown a grand lobby with 2 staircases. Between the staircases has a big door that leads to the kitchen and dining room. There are also 4 doors, 2 on each side of the lobby. The upper right and upper left door leads to a mini museum for fossils and artifacts. The lower right door is a library, while the lower left is the living room.

The lobby is light with a large chandelier and mini chandeliers are in the other rooms.

The Interior (2nd room): The middle of the space is filled with furniture in the corners and displayed fossils and artifacts. The rooms around it are guest bedrooms, there are 3 rooms. The left and right rooms are for guests and the middle is the master bedroom. Just like the lobby, there is a chandelier in the middle, but the lights in the guest bedrooms are different, but the master bedroom has a mini chandelier. You will also have another 2 sets of stairs to the 3rd floor.

The Interior (3rd floor): This whole floor isconsidered as the ballroom with glass doors that lead to the balcony around it. There is also some glass cases with artifacts and fossils inside. They have a bunch of light on the ceiling. There will be 2 stair cases on the outside of the balcony.

The Interior (4th floor): This is where you will see a lot of plants. You can be able to see the whole territory and maybe the others. You will also see a view of the Main Gate in the distance. You can see a table and a couple of chairs along with a counter and drinks at the back under the shade. The space that isn't under the shade has some benches on the sides along with more plants.

"Would you like to go to the rooftop?" Aiden asked, the others nodding.

"You'll be able to see a lot of things from up there, it's a great view." Owen said as they went up.

As they came up, they saw the whole territory and the main gate from a distance.

"It's amazing..."

"So breathtaking!"

"It's beautiful here."

"You can see so far."

The Successors said in amazement.

"I can still remember it, you know?" Aiden whispered to the other Crystals.

"You mean...oh...that...?" Owen whispered back, comforting Aiden.

"I hope this day will be remem-"They said as a gunshot was heard.

There was blood flowing when the body fell to the ground from the very top of the Mansion. Everyone escaped the Mansion as the killer was caught by one of the guards. The culprit being tied up as he tried to break free.

"The Mistress has been assassinated!"

A few days have passed and the culprit was chained in the middle of the Hybrids' territory, tortured by whips and rocks. None of the other creatures outside the Hybrid territory knew about this except the Crystals and other tribe Leaders at that time. They held the Mistress' funeral as the Hybrids went into mourning. Her ashes have been put in a special pot and displayed in the one of the glass cases in the ballroom.

"Are they alright...? It looked like they've seen someone die..." Alistair said, waving his hand at them.

"Hello?" Alice asked.

"Oh! I'm sorry young ones....We just remembered something." Zion said as they calmed down.

"What is it?" Adrion asked them, the Crystals looking away.

"Well...."

"It is one we can say, the dark past of the line of Mistresses..." Aiden said, looking down.

"What happened?" Alice asked.

"It happened rightb here...There she was, about to make a toast..." Owen said pointing to where the Mistress was standing.

"Before she even finished her sentence...There was a gunshot...They killed her..." Zion said in a low tone.

"She was a wonderful leader...Her heart was pure...She had good intentions....But the whole Hybrid territory fell to their knees when she passed away..."

"It's really a day we'll never forget...Just not in the best way...."

"Oh...What happened to the one who shot her?" Francis asked.

"The Hybrids refused to let the killer get isolated. They never told any other creature and we can't do anything to stop them. Their loyalty to the Mistress can come at a cost to whoever interferes, even if it means they make sure the one who goes against her deserves a horrible fate." Florence replied.

"Wh-What did they do...?" Francis asked stuttering.

"They chained them to the middle of their land, throwing rocks and being whipped in front of all hybrids who were there. After they died, he was thrown away in the forest to rot. Even their family disowned him. All while the ashes of the Mistress is in front of the entrance of her mansion. They didn't have any leader of the sort for a long time because they were mourning her death. They eventually had a new Mistress, they forgot the murder, but still have that memory at the back of their mind."

"I advise you not to say anything about the death of the Mistress, because it'll be hard to make the creatures calm down like before, understood?" Aiden said, the Successors nodding.

"How about we end the day with a dance?" Owen offered.

"A dance?" Alice asked.

"We'll call your mother and father. This is one of the ways we give our appreciation to the other Mistresses and a welcome for your future reign, Young Mistress." Zion said, as he faded away.

A few minutes have passed and they saw Zion with Elizabeth and Ethan. They were happy to once again do the dance of appreciation. They went down to the ballroom and got the music ready. They got in pairs and got the music playing. The Crystals volunteered to play the music for them while the Successors watched. Elizabeth and Ethan have done this before so it's no different. The music started playing and they danced away, soon after the others joined the dance. After that they went back to the main gate to end their day and go back home, while they were walking to the gate, the Hybrids bowed down.

"Stay safe our Mistress and Young Mistress."

They went back to the main gate and ended their day. Once they were home, Alice and Adrion were in the living room.

"What do you think your part Furroko is like Bro?" Alice asked while they wait for dinner.

"Since I'm called commander, I feel like it's like being in the military grounds." Adrion said, changing the channel.

"Dinner's ready!"

"Coming!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 488 19
(Hello! If you're reading this, you have found my first ever Wattpad story! That said, it's not very good. If you would like to check out my current...
1K 5 30
A witch couldn't take it anymore at her school and is leaving it one way or another and she's going to be bringing her coven members with her as she'...
440 50 50
She thought her life didn't extend more than two important people she had known most of her life, that is until a bunch of idiots come colliding with...
261 39 24
Deadbeat incel loser experiences the final breaking point and dies a wanted death. Only to find himself in a strange predicament. In a new world, wit...