The Wrong Twin

By artxiem

Evelyn Potter was the girl-who-lived, or so they thought. Harry was the true boy-who-lived, who beat Voldemor... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
author's note

30

22.4K 586 109
By artxiem

<3rd POV>

Not soon, it was already the end of the year feast. The exams had passed without a hitch, and Lily and Severus got together very well (after several screaming matches with James in the corridors). The two made plans to stay at Riddle Manor with Harry and Tom. Even though Harry disowned himself from the Potter line, he was still somewhat related to Lily as she was an Evans. Lily instead disown herself from Potter, leaving Evelyn as a Potter, no longer an Evans, although she still has red hair. 

It turns out that Evans was a pureblood family, which people thought to be extinct because Lily was the first magical one in a line of squibs. The Evans were closely related to the Arthur Pendragon. Somehow, Lily was Lady Pendragon. But, Lily decided she didn't want to be a 'Lady Pendragon', so she decided to hand the title of 'Lord Pendragon' to Harry, who will receive it along with his other lordships at the age of 13. Harry also decided to claim the title of 'Lord Peverell'; as James didn't claim it. 

Now, Harry, Daphne, Draco, and Blaise were sitting in the end of the Slytherin table, with Theo and Pansy sitting across them. The great hall were filled with chatter as everyone talked about Evelyn Potter and her adventure down to the 3rd floor corridor. Luckily, Dumbledore arrived moments later as the babble died away. 

"Another year gone!" Dumbledore said cheerfully. "And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with three hundred and twelve points; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty-two; Ravenclaw has four hundred and twenty-six and Slytherin, four hundred and seventy- two."

The teachers expected a storm of cheerful cheering, but instead, they received polite clapping from the Slytherin table. Harry had spent the night before convincing everyone that Slytherin will not be winning the house cup especially with Evelyn's 'adventure and achievement'. It took more than an hour to convince the older years. 

"Yes, Yes, well done, Slytherin," said Dumbledore, not noticing the difference in applause. "However, recent events must be taken into account." 

The room went very still as hushed whispers came from the Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Gryffindor table. The Slytherin students just looked at their plates as if they expected this to happen (which they did). Severus looked scandalized at this. No wonder the Slytherins didn't celebrate like they used to do. Harry must've told them to clap politely to not bring shame to the Slytherin house. All of the teachers except for Dumbledore and James looked positively angry. Even McGonagall and she is the head of Gryffindor. 

"Ahem," said Dumbledore. "I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes... First to Mr. Ronald Weasley for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years, I award Gryffindor house fifty points."

The cheers from the Gryffindor table nearly raised the bewitched ceiling. As Harry sat in the Slytherin table, he could hear Percy the Perfect... ahem... Prefect shouting, "My brother, you know! My youngest brother! Got past McGonagall's giant chess set!"

"Second to Miss Hermione Granger... for the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor house fifty points." Dumbledore continued. 

The Ravenclaws and the Hufflepuffs were understanding the reaction from the Slytherin table and even stopped cheering for the Gryffindors. Dumbledore was being bias towards his personal favorite house. Dumb-as-a-door didn't care whether the Slytherins or Ravenclaws or Hufflepuffs worked hard to earn their points, only to find out that their hard work means nothing. 

Gryffindors up and down their table were beside themselves -- they were a hundred points up. "Third -- to Miss. Evelyn Potter..." said Dumbledore. The room went deadly quiet. "...for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house sixty points." 

The din was deafening. Those who could add up while yelling themselves hoarse knew that Gryffindor now had four hundred and seventy-two points - exactly the same as Slytherin. The other 3 tables looked disgusted and felt cheated at the Gryffindors. The teachers were also beside themselves. It was somewhat a scam.

"There are all kinds of courage," said Dumbledore, smiling. "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom." 

The Slytherins all rolled their eyes as the Gryffindors started screaming loudly. The Ravens and the Badgers were whispering among themselves about the biasness that Dumbledore showed to the Gryffindors. They didn't even bother clapping. 

"Which means," Dumbledore called over the storm of applause, "we need a little change of decoration."

He clapped his hands. In an instant, the green hangings became scarlet and the silver became gold; the huge Slytherin serpent vanished and a towering Gryffindor lion took its place. Snape was shaking Professor McGonagall's hand, with a horrible, forced smile. But even McGonagall had a grim smile on her face. 

Harry meanwhile, had a plan in order to get the Slytherin back to the top spot. He concentrated on the magic of Hogwarts, calling out Holly. A flash of blinding white light appeared from the doors of the Great Hall. When the light disappeared, a girl dressed in medieval clothes appeared. Immediately, the hall fell into deadly silence.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" Dumbledore called, taking out his wand. 

"Treat her with some respect!" the ghosts shouted at Dumbledore. The ghosts were kneeling at the girl, showing her respect. Dumbledore even had the nerve to wave the warning aside. 

"I asked who are you?" 

Harry tensed up as he felt the magic strengthening around him.

"I am Holly, the Magic of Hogwarts." 

Whispers came from all 4 of the table, including the Head Table. Sirius and Remus leaned forward on their chair, curious to what plan did Harry and Holly cooked up. 

"And according to the Hogwarts rulebook, it is stated that no teacher, including the headteacher, is allowed to give students points during the end of the year feast. I, Holly, the magic of Hogwarts, reject the addition of points to the Gryffindor house." Holly stated. A flash of light erupted from her. Everyone's head turned towards the Gryffindors hour glass which serves as the amount of house points. True to Holly's word, the rubies started disappearing away. 

There was a loud cheer coming from the Badgers and the Ravens, pleased to see that Dumbledore's attempt to give Gryffindor the house cup a complete fail. The Slytherins quickly collected themselves and cheered along with the Hufflepuffs and the Ravenclaws. The lions meanwhile looked disappointed and sulked. 

Dumbledore and James looked aghast. Minerva quickly stood up and said, "I believe a change of decoration is in order, is it not Severus?" 

Let's say, everyone's reactions including the lions, were amazing. Harry wished he had a camera to snap a photo of their reaction. Severus smiled at Minerva before waving his wand as the red and gold banners were replaced with the green and silver. 

~

Soon, their wardrobes were empty, their trunks were packed, notes were handed out to all students, warning them not to use magic over the holidays ("I always hope they'll forget to give us these," Fred Weasley complained); the quadruple team were boarding the Hogwarts Express; talking and laughing as the countryside became greener and tidier; eating Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans as they sped past Muggle towns; pulling off their wizard robes and putting on jackets and coats; pulling into platform nine and three-quarters at King's Cross Station. 

"See you soon! Come visit us at Riddle Manor." Harry said giving Daphne and Blaise a hug. Severus, Lily, Sirius, and Remus were waiting at the platform to take Harry and Draco to Riddle Manor where Tom, Narcissa, and Lucius were waiting. The 4 made promises to keep in touch and to visit one another.

A/N: That's it for the 1st year!! Now, I seen several comments on how upset they are that the book is ending. Since when? Who says this book is finished? This is just the 1st year!!!! There are 6 more years, I think. I promise, this book will have at least 50 chapters, and it will not end until Tom rule the wizarding world, and no, I'm not giving you a spoiler. 

72.5k reads? Wow, you guys are spoiling me. Thank you tho. Especially 1.9k votes. Let's get to 2k! See you in the next chapter which talks about the summer. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.1K 3K 15
Harry James potter brother of the famous Marcus Charlus potter (the boy who lived) and oldest son of lily and James potter. He was wrongfully named...
3.4K 49 28
Evelyn-Grey Potter was the younger, less well-known sister of Harry Potter. She was only a few months old, on that fateful night in Godrics Hollow. S...
343K 12.4K 22
Harry Potter is the only way to kill Voldemort; the darkest wizard of all time. Harry has been hearing this for years and helping his 'friends' to de...
38.4K 1K 23
Harry Potter is the boy who lived, but he is not seen as someone powerful like Dumbledore or Voldemort. But what if he was powerful? What if he was o...