ONE DARK QUEEN ❖ (A Three Dar...

By PheonixGuardian

THREE DARK QUEENS are born in a glen SWEET LITTLE TRIPLETS will never be friends THREE DARK WITCHES all fair... More

Beginning Note
CHAPTER ONE: UMBRA
CHAPTER TWO: ROLANTH
CHAPTER THREE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FOUR: BASTIAN CITY
CHAPTER FIVE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIX: THE SEA
CHAPTER SEVEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER EIGHT: UMBRA
CHAPTER NINE: SAND HARBOUR
CHAPTER TEN: PRYNN FOREST
CHAPTER ELEVEN: LACTON SQUARE
CHAPTER TWELVE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: MOORGATE PARK
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: INDRID DOWN TEMPLE
CHAPTER NINETEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY: UMBRA
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: ONDINA'S COVE
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: ONDINA'S COVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: SHANNON'S BLACKWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY: THE ARRON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: THE WESTWOOD ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: THE WESTWOOD ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTEE THIRTY FIVE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: THE ARRON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTY THIRTY SEVEN: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT: THE DISEMBARKING
CHAPTER FOURTY: QUEEN NALANI'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY ONE: THE FIRE DOME
CHAPTER FOURTY TWO: QUEEN ARWEN'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY THREE: THE QUICKENING
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR: QUEEN CARINA'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE: QUEEN CARINA'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY SIX: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FOURTY NINE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN: INNISFUIL VALLEY
BEFORE
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIXTY: THE BLACK COTTAGE
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE: PRYNN
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO: UMBRA
THE BIRTH
AUTHORS NOTE
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE: THE BLACK COTTAGE
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR: PRYNN
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIXTY SIX: ROLANTH

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: INNISFUIL VALLEY

49 1 8
By PheonixGuardian

Two hours before the Quickening: 

"This is careless of us," Andrea begins as she arises from her bed, slipping into a silk mint green robe, that has a golden snake sewn on the back. Beautiful, exquisite, another one of her expensive possessions. Andrea bought it in her travels to Indrid Down, where it was custom made by another one of her female lovers, who is also an expert at crafting the most lavish ridiculously expensive gowns and clothes. Except this robe she got for free as a gift and she returned the favour by paying her lover to keep quiet. As she did with all of her secret lovers. Particularly the female ones. No loose ends. Any who threatened to blackmail her ... well they ended up down under, quickly disposed of by poison. And any family who knew anything, well they met the same fate. She is always untraceable, especially with murder, her sleight of hand is the best.

Ebony only smirks in response, as she brushes her wild hair, "you didn't say that an hour ago when you were moaning."

They both then think back to their last rather pleasurable encounter. Much like the several encounters before. Andrea likes this arrangement between them, it is a fusion of pleasure and information. So it benefits her, but everything Andrea does is benefitting her in some way, her love life is no different. 

Andrea rolls her eyes at that but a faint smile makes its way onto her beautifully sculpted features and purrs, "I think you'll find that you were the one making the most noise little shadow."

Ebony shakes her head but goes back to fixing her disarrayed strands of silver hair. She must leave looking the same as she did when she came. Shadows, Radurons particularly, always look impeccable, for nothing reveals an indiscretion like a shadow's hair gone wrong. 

"I admit I am surprised that you haven't asked for any form of payment for your silence and indiscretion regarding our encounters," Andrea says calmly, though she cannot hide the suspicion blooming in her icy eyes. This is not the first time she has said this. 

Ebony shrugs, "My family is already rich and so I am, I don't need any of your money or bribes as you well know," she says and then begins chuckling softly, "who would believe me anyway?" 

Andrea shakes her head at this. Silly little shadow. She has no clue how to play the game and just how dire consequences can be if you lose the game of queens. 

"A great deal of people, more so than you realise," Andrea says, warning in her tone, "I have no shortage of enemies, already some whispered that I pushed my husband down the stairs all those years ago, if they found out about my female lovers than Pele Murtra will have a motive, goddess knows the Black Council would love an excuse to throw me in the dungeons. Probably along the lines of my dear late husband, Kristofer, found out about my indiscretions, threatened to divorce me, expose me or both, which would tarnish the Arron name and I killed him to protect myself." 

Ebony chuckles lightly, trying to relieve the tension, "you have a vivid imagination, especially regarding plots and treachery." 

Andrea doesn't reply for a moment as she ponders the situation so Ebony walks over to her. And kisses Andrea's neck gently to relive the tension while whispering, "it's all in your head Andrea." 

The poisoner can't resist smiling as Ebony bites gently down on her neck and then she kisses up to Andrea's mouth and they kiss so slowly but with so much control and aggression as Andrea dominates it all. 

Eventually Andrea pulls away, the lust in her eyes vanishing as a scowl settles into her face and reality returns. 

"This isn't fantasy, this a serious concern, if I ever got implicated who would protect Carina, "Andrea seethes, beginning to paint her cosmetics on yet again, "I cannot deny that I have a taste for self-preservation but that doesn't mean I killed my husband, nor was I unfaithful in our years of marriage." 

Some of that statement may not be true but Ebony does not know that. But the best lies are mixed with truth. Andrea knows that well enough from years of practice. Most things she says is a carefully woven story mixed with truth and deceit. 

"You have this all figured out don't you," Ebony says, chuckling though there is no joy in the sound and it does not lift the tension in any way"you must stop being so paranoid and anyway, she has no evidence, if she hasn't got any after over a decade then you have nothing to worry about."

But she has power, Andrea thinks and with power, evidence is not needed. And Pele is the Head of the Black Council, appointed by her queen and loved amongst her own people and the majority of the island. The people's trust and faith in her is what distinguishes between power and true power. Pele has earned it and has not just been given that title in name only.

Andrea knows she must be careful, with Vivianne and Pele being such close allies it makes her feel on edge. Especially since Vivianne still blames Andrea for Nalani'a assassination attempt. That elemental wretch would love ammunition to take Andrea down.

Andrea laughs coldly, "she's the Head of the Black Council, she does not need evidence, she can fabricate it with ease. Vivianne has been by Pele's side lately, some sort of alliance is in the works and Vivianne would love nothing more than to destroy me. And to be quite frank not many would bat an eye at me being imprisoned for murder, especially after the island still blames me for the Nalani situation. And I cannot stop being paranoid or I will be easier to kill.."

That statement is completely true. Fabricating evidence will be easy for Pele should the need arise, especially with her any allies backing her. Paranoia does keep her alive, but she does not have so much of it that she is mad. No, she keeps the madness at bay. 

Andrea slowly turns and cocks her head to the side, like a snake as she slithers across to Ebony and sits down on the fur beside her, with a smile. 

"Anyway, what information do you have for me this week my shadow?" Andrea asks, caressing Ebony's cheek with seeming tenderness. Except she could just as easily gouge the flesh from her cheeks with her razor sharp nails. But that would be a pity, for Ebony has such soft cheeks and skin and such a pretty face. But pretty things tend to be the most damaged on the inside. 

"Well my darling older sister is still dealing with that suitor's arrogant princeling father behind Pele's back," Ebony says angrily, though Andrea waves at her to continue in impatience.

"I already know this, from my other sources in Umbra," Andrea snaps irritably, thinking about her spy, Melinda Marlowe, "tell me something of use." 

Ebony's eyes narrow ever so slightly in annoyance at the tone but she eventually sighs, takes a moment to think before a dangerously sweet smile settles on her face. 

"Alright," Ebony says softly, "Cierra plans to assassinate you." 

Andrea stops short at that, turns to face Ebony completely before she laughs, "tell me something I don't know little shadow, Cierra always has plans to assassinate me as I do her, not one plot of hers has succeeded yet." 

"You shouldn't dismiss her as a threat or underestimate her or it will truly end with your death" Ebony says gravely, "without you in the way, she will be the most powerful woman on the island, as powerful as an islander who is not a queen can be, she will be unchallenged by you at last. No one will question her power. And without you, Carina has a lower chance of surviving - she becomes an easier target for Arwen. Cierra plans to do it on the last day of Beltane, when everyone is packing, when everyone is hurrying, when you will be least protected. She plans to use her shadows to lure you away and then kill you." 

Andrea blinks slowly, the only reaction she'll give at this point as she processes this. She feels a sense of dread which is an unfamiliar emotion. Never before has Cierra come close to actually succeeding in her assassination attempts but this time it may actually succeed which Andrea cannot let happen. It is smart of Cierra, Andrea admits to herself, to kill her at Beltane. When they're so close instead of being miles apart in their different cities. Prynn and Umbra have always been that battle grounds and siege towers but now being so close, they will have to confront each other face to face. Andrea is the head of the Arron family and provides stability as there is a clear leader, without authority there would be chaos and with Andrea dead, every poisoner will be in an uproar and it will lower Carina's chances if they become reckless in their plans. 

"You cannot let this happen," Andrea hisses, her anger and self-preservation hitting her quickly and taking over every fibre of her being. Self-preservation is her anchor, her strength, the will to keep herself alive at all costs. It's what has got her through all these long years on this treacherous island of snakes. 

"Of course I will do my best to make sure," Ebony begins calmly. 

"No," Andrea cuts her off and her tone turns dark, "you will not let this happen." 

Ebony opens her mouth to speak again but closes it hastily once she spies the sinister presence that now lurks beneath her ice blue irises. 

"Shall I tell you why," Andrea asks, not bothering to wait for an answer as she continues, "If I am killed then any chance of you being the next Raduron matriarch, more powerful than Cierra, vanishes completely because you could kill her and take her place, but you will never be any more powerful than she is without support, my support and if I die, I swear to you that I will ensure that no one, especially not any Arrons, support you or trade with you. If I die Octavia will get all of my blackmail material on everyone and anything of value."

A serious and true threat. Andrea speaks the truth on this. If she dies, she'll ensure that the Raduron family's power dies with her. Those shadow scum will not be allowed to profit from her death on any way, she will ensure their ruin and demise if she is harmed or falls. Then she can die with a smile on her wicked yet angelic face. 

Ebony nods, not letting her face show any emotion, and says blankly "I thought we were passed these tedious threats dear one."

Andrea carefully caresses Ebony's cheek again with such tenderness, her sharp nails carefully tracing invisible lines on her skin, "it's not a threat, it's a promise. And I'm your lover, but I am not your friend. Forget this and it may end up with you dead. We're still on opposite sides of this game of thrones."

That much is true and Ebony should truly heed this. Andrea has lovers and allies but nobody is her friend. She has family which is her power but she is not friends with any of them. Having friends requires having the liberty of trust, a trait she does not and cannot possess. And she will never trust Ebony, they share a mutual goal of the e destruction of Cierra. But they are still loyal to two different queens, they will never be on the same team.

Ebony swallows and smiles faintly, "I suppose it would be best to move more quickly on our plans than anticipated." 

Andrea nods in response and smiles much too sweetly, "it appears so, I will get fetch my poison and select an appropriate one, I'll slip it into the goblet that you will give her the day after the Quickening, to celebrate Arwen's successful performance."

She sips her goblet of belladonna wine before continuing to relay her assassination plan, "Later she will retire to her encampment feeling tired. And when people come to fetch her they will find her dead. Of a heart attack some may say. There will be no traces of the poison and both of our problems will be gone, just like that," she says, clicking her fingers for effect as a wicked smile adorns her face.

Poison is so simple yet treacherous and satisfying in the most venomous yet beautiful way. It's even better than consuming poison. Though Andrea's poisoned rivals and consumed poison for so long now that she wonders if her very blood is made from it. How wonderful that would be, it would crown her the true queen of the poisoners. Well a queen that isn't a triplet. 

"Alternatively, I could just drug her enough to put her in a deep sleep but then send one of my minions to set fire to her tent. Her tent will be far away from celebrations and by the time people come to rescue her, it will be too late. She will have died from the fire, her body will tell the tale well enough or her ashes will," she says with a faint smile, "the islanders will immediately suspect the elementals, perhaps even Queen Nalani herself, which will be even better as it will discredit her and her popularity will fade quickly."

"you will ascend to her throne with power and support from my family and I will finally be the most powerful matriarch on the island and when I am gone it will be you. Then this liaison will be over, we will part ways and our queens will battle it out. And there will be no hard feelings between us whatsoever." 

"Yes, no hard feelings," Ebony echoes with no emotion in her tone at all as she processes all this information. 

"Though I do not think I like the fire plan so much, it's too elemental, I think we should decide on the first plan, much cleaner, much more refined, much more poisoner," Andrea says with a smirk. Scarily calm as she talks of murder, it makes Ebony shudder. How did she become such a monster? 

"Much more obvious," Ebony says with warning as she thinks on the poison plan, "it could be traced back to you." 

True. But no one would dare make such an accusation outright, they know it would end with their deaths. Probably by poison. 

"I find your lack of faith in my plan a tad insulting," Andrea says, smiling though it does not reach her eyes, "you act as if I'm a foolish amateur, you act as if I haven't been slipping poisons into things my entire life. A word of advice little shadow, don't try to school a professional. My sleight of hand is impeccable." 

Ebony does not respond to this and looks away from Andrea's eyes which makes the cold poisoner laugh.  "Another word of advice, you will need more of a backbone if you want to fill your sister's shoes because even with support, you need to be a strong ruler or you will lose your power as soon as you gain it, once Cierra is gone she cannot rule for you and neither can I, so you need to learn." 

"I know how to rule just as well as both of you," Ebony says coldly, "don't underestimate me and think me naive or that will be a foolish mistake on your part Andrea." 

Andrea nods, a faint smile on her lips, "fair enough then shadow, but now I must dress and ready myself for Queen Carina's Gave Noir so please leave." 

Ebony, carefully slips back into her exquisite shimmering silver gown and quickly departs, a smirk on her face once Andrea can no longer see her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 1.7K 62
Twists of Fate: Entangled Threads Cassandra "Sandy" Alice Turner, younger cousin to none other than the Hermione Granger was thrown into the peril of...
139K 12.9K 91
Book Two in the Mad Queen Series! Don't continue to read if you don't want spoilers for book one! Once, they were strong and united. Now, they are se...
44 7 9
There's a myth about a powerful witch, born every thousand years after the death of the last witch. The kingdoms had tried to exterminate such beings...
7.9K 535 21
*Book 3 of Reuniting The Council Series* Maya once was a slave to rogues, all her life in fact. But one day that all changed. The day that Crystal sh...