Kanto's Pride

By pseudoforce

This is a story of Ash Ketchum, the boy who became famous after defeating the World Champion Leon himself in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 21

14.9K 201 62
By pseudoforce

A cool breeze blew in the night sky. Ash went out the campus and looked around.

'Where should I start from?' he thought.

"Pika chu pi?" the rodent suggested.

Ash thought about it. "Yeah searching from above is a pretty nice idea," he said, "And since it's night time, I need a flying type who can see through the darkness easily."

Ash unclipped a pokeball and threw it. A large pokemon materialised. It had two wings attached to its hands, white fur around its neck and two big ears on its head. The sound wave pokemon gave a cry.

"Hey, Noivern," Ash said petting the dragon type. It feels like only yesterday when it hatched from an egg and had trouble with flying. Noivern licked his hand showing affection.

Ash chuckled. "Hey bud. I need you to look for a girl of my age who has a Piplup with her. Find anything, let me know, okay?" Ash requested as Noivern gave a cry and ascended to the sky for the search.

***

It's been like 20 minutes since Noivern flew off. Ash and Pikachu were searching through the remoted places of Lumiose city. Ash just sighed as he was proceeding towards a shopping mall until he heard a familiar cry from above.

He looked up just in time to see Noivern descend to the ground.

"You found her?" Ash asked as the sound wave pokemon nodded.

"Alright take me to her," he said and climbed on Noivern's back, as the dragon once again ascended to the sky.

The city was busy and crowded as usual. Although it felt quite peaceful to Ash in the cold breeze of the night sky. Noivern soared across the city, heading towards the direction of the mountains. Once they reached a small clearing, they landed there safely.

Ash looked around his surrounding. It was just a plain grassy field with some trees and bushes. He walked a little further, and then saw a silhouette. He got closer and closer, and was relieved to see the girl he was looking for. She seemed fine, but....tensed? She was looking for something frantically, as her Piplup was helping her too.

Ash got closer. He was a bit worried when he heard her sobbing.

"Hey," Ash said in a gentle voice trying not to startle her. But Alas! She was scared to death and fell on her back losing balance.

"Ouch," she said as Piplup came back running to check if she was okay.

'So much for not startling her,'  Ash thought sarcastically.

"Relax, it’s just me," he said stretching out his hand.

Dawn looked dumbfounded as she stared at the boy. She didn’t expect to see him here, out of all people. Nevertheless, she accepted his hand and stood up, brushing off some dust before she spoke.

"Ash?! Wh-what are you doing here?" she asked standing up. Pikachu jumped down and walked to Piplup, greeting him as well.

"Well um--" Ash started scratching the back of his head, "I heard about that you didn’t arrive at the academy before time, sooo I thought...you know? Look out for you to see if you're okay?" Ash said honestly and faithfully, not wanting to sound like he was stalking her or something.

Dawn just stared at him. Her face was neutral showing no reaction at all. Even she didn’t notice that she lost track of time. But Ash seemed to did and not only that, came to look for her as well. One thought was inside her head.

'He cares.'

Ash was about to say something to break the silence, when suddenly the blunette lunged at him and hugged him tightly, snuggling into his chest.

"Thank you. You are really the sweetest friend I could ever ask for." Dawn said.

Ash was startled by the hug, but her words send a warmth feeling to his heart, as he smiled and returned the embrace.

They stayed like that for a minute or so before Ash broke the hug.

"Now, tell me," he said looking at Dawn's blue eyes, "What were you doing here in the first place?" he asked and Dawn took a deep breath in and let it out.

"Let's sit over there and talk," she suggested, pointing her finger at a spot which overlooked the mountain area.

Ash nodded. He returned Noivern and walked to the spot with Dawn. They sat there on the grass.

"Well it all started when I was returning from the shopping mall," Dawn started explaining. Ash listened.

"It was very windy. Suddenly a strong wind blew in my direction and took my necklace away with it. It fell to the ground a few meters away. When I was about to pick it up, something snatched it and flew away with it. I looked up to see a Fletchling carrying it away in its beak. Piplup and I started running after it all the way here in this area," she paused and gestured around them.

"After that, I saw as the bird dropped the necklace somewhere around here," she sighed. "I've been searching for it ever since but still no luck," Dawn said sadly, almost on the verge of tears.

"That necklace must be special for you. Otherwise you wouldn’t have gone through so much trouble," Ash said in a calm and understanding tone, after listening to her story.

Dawn looked at him and gave a nod.

"Ye-yeah. It was a gift from my mom," she admitted. "I promised her I- I will always keep it safe but," she tried to say but failed, as the coordinator started sobbing again.

Ash knew how she was feeling. He would  always look after the things he was given to by his mom. Stuff like that from the close ones are always precious for someone.

Ash put his arm around the girl and pulled her close, trying to make her feel better. Dawn instantly blushed from the gesture, although Ash did not had any romantic intend in that. She smiled a little, before putting her head on his shoulder, close to his face.

They stayed like that for a moment. Dawn momentarily forgot about her worries as she enjoyed Ash's embrace. Suddenly, Ash stood up as Dawn looked a bit disappointed.

"Let me help you," Ash said with a smile as Dawn blushed a bit.

"W-what?"

"Your necklace," Ash said again taking out a pokeball, "I think I know just how to find it," he threw out the pokeball and out came a familiar wolf.

"Lycan," it said. Ash kneeled down and scratched its neck, making it purr with delight. It rubbed its neck against Ash too, returning the affection as well.

Dawn couldn't help but smile at the interaction between them.

"You always carry that necklace with you right?" Ash asked.

"Yes."

"Then it should have your scent on it," Ash murmured analytically as Dawn got confused.

"Scent?"

"Lycanroc," Ash said towards the wolf pokemon, "I need you to remember her scent and find an object having the similar scent on it. It should be around here somewhere," Ash explained as Lycanroc nodded with a determined look and started sniffing on the ground.

"It will take him some time," Ash said, "So let's have a look around ourselves," he said with a smile.

Dawn's sad face was replaced with a smiling one as she got up, determined to look for it again.

***

It was easier said than done. It was a huge area and being night time didn’t help it much. Ash decided to search a little further when he heard Lycanroc's cry. He immediately sprinted towards the direction of the cry. He reached there and saw the dusk form creature sitting in front a tree. Dawn came running from another direction, hearing the cry as well.

"Lycan lycanrocc," the wolf said.

"The smell ends here you say?" Ash asked as it confirmed with a nod.

"Well that's a big lead right Dawn?" Ash asked as Dawn nodded with a smile and started searching the area around the tree. Ash and the pokemons did the same.

They searched and searched until Piplup spotted an object hanging on the lower branch of the tree. It was shinning brightly in the moonlight.

"PIP PIPLUP," he yelled drawing its trainer's attention.

"What is it Piplup?" Dawn asked.

The small penguin pointed above as Dawn gazed in the direction it was pointing at. Her face brightened up immediately when she recognised the shinning object.

"ASH, I found it," she screamed in delight and started climbing up the tree, not waiting for his reply.

"Found wha- HEY?! Ash exclaimed as he saw the blunette climbing up the tree like an Aipom, but knew instantly the reason behind it when he saw the necklace. 

"Be careful," Ash said cautiously, noticing how fragile the branch looked where she climbed on.

Dawn reached it in no time and hold it tightly in her fists,not wanting to lose it again.
"Alright, I'm coming down," Dawn said as she proceeded downwards, making Ash sigh in relief. But unfortunately, the log was quiet slippery, and of course, she slipped on it and started to fall to the ground.

However, Ash was quick on his reflexes and caught the blunette in his arms before she hit the ground. Dawn felt herself being lifted up, as she opened one eye and saw Ash holding her in a bridal style. She went tomato red in face which thankfully no one noticed in the dark.

"I told you to be careful, didn’t I ?" Ash said in a bit strict tone and put her down.

"Hehe s-sorry," Dawn said sheepishly.

"Alright, let's go back before it's too late," Ash said. He thanked Lycanroc for its help and returned it. He unclipped another pokeball.

Ash's magnificent Pidgeot appeared with a cry. It stood proudly showing off its gracefulness as the coordinator looked at it with awe.

"It's so gorgeous," Dawn said with big sparkling eyes.

Ash chuckled at her behaviour. "Yeah I know. C'mon we'll reach the academy quicker on Pidgeot," he said and got on the bird pokemon. Dawn agreed happily as she went aboard too, taking their partners as well. Pidgeot gave another cry and soared to the sky in a flash.

Their journey was short and silent. Dawn had many thoughts on her mind. If it wasn’t for Ash today, she might've wandered the whole night in search for the necklace. This wasn’t the first time. The boy had helped her on many occasions during their journey, which she will always be grateful to him for. After Ash arrived here, she thought it was just a small crush she had on him before. But now, it was something more than that.

'I am in love with my best friend,'  Dawn thought with a smile and wrapped her arms around Ash's waist, showing all of her affection to him.

Ash flinched on the contact, blushed and felt a familiar chill through his spine.

***

"Thanks girl. Return," Ash said and returned Pidgeot, after they got off at the entrance.

Ash was exhausted as fuck and wanted to go to his dorm immediately.

"I will see you later Dawn," he said and started walking off, but the blunette grabbed his hand stopping him.

"Ash wait!"

"Hmm--?"

Dawn took a breath before saying. "Thank you for everything you did for me Ash. You really are one of the best person I have ever met in my life," she said with a big smile on her face.

Ash smiled too. "Don't sweat it Dawn, what are friends for right?" he said with a playful grin.

'Yeah...friends,'  Dawn thought.

Before Ash could say anything else, she leaned forward and gave a sweet, lovely kiss on his cheek and ran off without a word.

Ash's heart exploded. Not literally, but still. He looked as if Kyurem used Glaciate on him, freezing him completely on the spot His mind raced a million thoughts.

'What is happening with me lately?'

'Was that just a friendly kiss or something else?'

'Then what about Serena's from yesterday?'

He couldn’t decide or think anything clearly. The boy then took a deep breath and calmed his heart and mind. He just decided to go along with everything else for now, letting his fate decide what's coming up next for him.

'There you have it folks. The harem is now complete yeaaa,'  Pikachu squealed happily receiving yet, another weird look from Ash.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 1.3K 15
Cover made by me. Story takes places after Ash get in Master Class After defeating Raihan and making place in Master Class. Ash comes home and sleep...
17.9K 286 10
Ash ketchum.... a normal boy. He had friends, cared for his Pokemon and had a happy go lucky personality.... atleast that's s what his friends thou...
54.8K 1.1K 24
Ash Ketchum is a man of many secrets he is The Unknown Champion of Alola, An Aura Guardian and A Psychic, and The Secret Prince of The Kingdom Of Rot...
181K 4K 130
Ash and Serena. Two who have met each other before as a child in a somewhat romantic experience, even if only one of them saw it as that. Serena is...