Wish It Would Rain

By arandomuniverse

Adeline Wood just wants to graduate and move away from the men that claim to be her family after being in the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 15

1.5K 34 1
By arandomuniverse

Maggie took me home that night. She spent some time talking to Axel, Alec and I. She talked to Aiden is his office, too. Then she left.

It's been almost a month.

Things have... changed? Is that the right word to describe it?

Cole and I haven't really talked about it. He hasn't really had the opportunity. Kayla and Taylor keep getting to me before he can. That, or Axel is there. And, the few times I've been out at the bleachers he hasn't gone. Also, we're in the same room for study hall, but no talking. Of course we sit next to eachother in Math, but he still hasn't tried to ask any questions in there.

Speaking of school. And sitting next to Cole. We were in English. Yes, the terrible class that had an evil teacher. He claps his hands and lean on his desk. Everyone looks over at him.

"Alright. As you may have heard, the senior class is going on a trip," he says. A few people nod. "Good. We're going camping!" He says. I raise an eyebrow. They're allowing teenagers to go into the woods with a few supervisors and tents? That's their brilliant plan?

"The whole grade?" Someone asks. He nods.

"Yeah, well, those who get the permission slip in on time," he says. He hands the people in the front row a stack of papers and they start getting passed back. When it gets to me I see that it is on green paper, with clipart illustrations on it.

I read the paragraph on the top of the page. A week in the woods with my English class. So that's how they're breaking it up? By English class? The site is basically a half day ride on its own.

He taps the desk of every other row, including my own. There were a total of four rows. So, my row and the row on the other side of Cole.

"Everyone in the rows I tapped! Look to your left, and meet your new roomate!" He says. I freeze. Seriously? I mean, yeah I guess the majority of people got someone of the same gender. There were only like three pairs that got someone of the opposite gender. Me included. Me and Cole.

I look at Cole and raise an eyebrow, not showing the fact that I'm kind of freaking the fuck out!

A small smirk appears, but it leaves just as quickly.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. But, they told me to do it however I wanted. And I choose this way because it's easiest." I roll my eyes at his laziness. And so open about it, too.

I look back down at the paper. The trip was in like three weeks. And the paper was due in a week.

I wanted to hit my head against the wall. This whole thing SCREAMED bad idea.

So, easy. Don't go. I had a feeling that Axel would jump at the opportunity to go. But once he hears who I'm paired with, he'll probably chain me in my room. All of them probably will.

Sharing a tent with Cole for a whole week.

That sounded like... an interesting idea. I... no. I can't. The whole week would be awkward. It would just be Cole messing with me the whole time. And maybe a little bit of me messing with him. But, definitely more so him messing with me.

But, I couldn't help feeling a little intrigued by the idea.

I look back up as he starts talking again. "So, as you can see you've got a week to hand it in. And three weeks until the trip. So, be sure to get it in on time."

I roll my eyes, putting it in my backpack. I didn't plan on going.

When the bell rings, I stand up grabbing my backpack. I go to walk out but, I feel a hand on my wrist and the usual electrical feeling meaning it's Cole.

"We haven't talked," he says, stepping a little closer to me. I adjust the backpack strap on my shoulder.

"Uh, yeah, I guess we haven't," I say as if I wasn't thinking about it earlier.

"I was wondering-"

"Don't you two have to get to class?" Have I mentioned that I hate this teacher? I roll my eyes as Cole glares at him. I pull Cole by the hand into the practically deserted hallway. I knew I didn't have to, but I was going to take the excuse to touch him again.

I turn to face him again, and raise an eyebrow. "So, I believe you were wondering something." He smiles a little bit.

"Yeah. I was wondering if you wanted to hangout. I think we need to talk," he says. I couldn't help the little fluttering in my chest. I smiled slightly.

"Sure, when?" He smiles again. Dude you're literally killing me here.

"After school? I could give you a ride if you want." I close my eyes, letting out a breath as I hang my head.

"First of all, Axel would freak. And secondly, Aiden has a thing about homework before hangout."

"Ah, so things haven't changed." I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"I doubt they'd ever change." I rock on my feet a little bit. "But, maybe Axel wouldn't freak that much if you talked to him."

He gives me a pointed look. I put my hands up in fake surrender.

"I'm just saying."

"Yeah, well, that's not going to happen," he says. I frown at him.

"Why? You have no problem talking to me," I say. He chuckles a little, as if he's amused.

"That's different," he says. I throw my arms out, as if I'm done.

"How? Why? Just... why is it so different?" All amusement falls from his face, and somehow he manages to turn me so my back is to the lockers and he leans forward, trapping me between his arms. I gasp, my eyes widening as I look at him.

"Because. Axel isn't a gorgeous girl who I think about doing this to everytime I see," he says. His expression made it look like he was annoyed. But when he said 'this' his eyes travelled over me it showed something completely different. I stared at him in shock. His breath was hot on my face and that smell. It made my mind fuzzy. He leans forward even more, putting his lips near my ear. I swallowed. "I'm sure we'll figure something out." His voice was a little deeper than usual. And it was HOT. Oh my God, Cole, chill the fuck out!

He turned his head slightly, his lips literally brushing over my ear. It sent goosebumps all over my body.

Just kill me now, honestly.

He took something out of his pocket and slipped it into my hand. I was still frozen in complete fucking shock. Like WHAT THE FUCK?! He shouldn't be allowed to do this. This should be illegal. He shouldn't have the fucking ABILITY to do this to me!

I see the slight smirk on his face, and turn my head slightly. It wasn't enough for my lips to meet his, but God did I wish it was. The way he was looking at me. FUCK.

His eyes brush over my face, sticking to my lips for a little longer than usual. He suddenly pushes away from the lockers, walking away. After a few steps I straighten myself out.

"Asshole," I say quietly. I didn't think he'd be able to hear me. But, then he glances back at me with his smug little smirk on his face.

Asshole.

When I walk out to the table, I see Kayla and Taylor. They smile at me and I sit beside Kayla. I glance around noting that Axel was on the other side of the lawn.

"He asked me to hangout," I tell them. They gape at me.

"What!? When?! How?!" Kayla exclaims. I shrug.

"Just now. In the hallway after class," I tell them. They stare at eachother in shock.

"You're telling us that Cole. Cole Thompson. The one and only. Asked you to hangout?!" I nod, taking a bite of my food. I'd gotten much better at that. And my bruises were gone which is nice.

"Well, what did he say?"

"He just said he wanted to hangout," I say but a small smile played at my lips. Taylor's mouth falls open.

"Uh uh, what happened?"

"He asked to hangout afterschool. I said I couldn't." She opens her mouth to question why but I beat her to it. "Aiden and Axel."

"Yeah, but that little smile says something happened, c'mon. Spill." I glare at Kayla, and she just chuckles.

"Holy shit did he k-"

"No! It was weird, that's all." The girls keep pressing me and eventually I cave. I tell them what happened and put my head in my hands. "God, it was like I was frozen."

"Have you kissed a guys before?"

"Not really, but it's-"

"Weird." The girls say in unison. I try to glare at them, but wind up laughing with them.

"I seriously don't know how to explain it," I say. They grin at eachother and share a knowing look. "What?"

"You like him!"

"Who do you like?" I tense up a little and glance back at Axel. He raises an amused eyebrow. Oh, if only you knew, brother.

I glare at Taylor and Kayla before turning back to him.

"Nobody. They're idiots."

"Only Cole." I glare at Taylor and she looks a little regretful when she sees it. I look back at Axel who suddenly didn't look happy anymore. He sat down next to Taylor, across from me.

"You've been talking to Cole?" He asks. I clench my jaw and make a tiny space between my thumb and pointer finger.

"Maybe a little bit."

"Addie, I told you to stay away from him."

"You can't tell her who she can and can't hangout with," Taylor says.

"Oh yeah? Watch me," he says and turns back to me. "No."

"Ax-" he cuts Kayla off.

"All he's good for is hurting people. You guys should know that better than anybody," he says and the girls put their heads down. Axel stands up.

"He-" he cuts me off.

"I said no, Adeline. I don't want to, but if you keep talking to him I'll tell Aiden." My mouth falls open and I stare at him.

"You can't just-"

"I can just. And I just did. I'm not going to sit around and watch you get hurt," he says, and walks off. I clench my jaw. Once he had walked away, I pull the paper Cole had handed me out of my pocket. I open it, and notice his number written on it. Kayla looks over my shoulder and then looks at me.

"Addie, Axel just said-"

"I know what Axel said. And I don't care," I say. Taylor looks a little worried but she smiles at me.

"Plan still on?" She asks and puts her hand out for me to place it on hers, hoping Kayla would do the same.

"I'm in." I say, placing my hand and we both look at Kayla. She groans.

"Fine, I'm in." She places her hand and Taylor and I smile. I feel eyes on me and look over, trying to see if Axel was still looking. But no. I find Cole's eyes. He was the one looking at us. It was like he was listening. But there was no way. He was even further away than Axel. God, how this boy confuses me.

I look back at Kayla and Taylor who looked where I was looking.

"Did we mention he has like insanely good hearing? Like, not this good. That's not even human. But, INSANELY good," Taylor says.

"Yeah. I figured that out myself actually," I say, still looking at him. Then he looks away and walks away. I look back at them, and they do the knowing look thing again.

"Stop it." They chuckle.

"So... are you gonna hangout with him later?" Taylor asks.

"You think the guys will let me out of their sight if he just turned up?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. They frown then Kayla grins.

"I'll give you a ride! Make it look like you're hanging out with me!"

"I thought you said you had to look after Carson," I say. She shrugs.

"Yeah, but he can come for a car ride." I smile.

"Alright. This could work."

"Yes! Figure out where you're meeting him in math or something," she says. I nod, putting his number into my phone.

"Can I have that?" Taylor asks.

"No! Tay, he'd change his number and not trust her anymore," Kayla says. Taylor frowns slightly.

"Right. But eventually... we're golden," she says. I was a little nervous but nod.

In math, I sit next to him. He was in there before me. I look at him.

"So, whe-"

"Nevermind," he says before I can finish saying anything. I study him, but he doesn't even glance at me.

"What do you mean 'nevermind'?" I ask, raising an eyebrow and shifting in my chair to face him better.

"I'm not going to come between you and Axel," he says, finally looking at me. I couldn't hide my surprise as I stared at him.

"You're not-"

"I know he went up to you at lunch. And I... I know what he said," he tells me. I clench my jaw, sitting up a little straighter.

"Yeah, well, I don't really care what Axel said."

"I do. It's not happening, Adeline," he says. People were still coming into the class but I kept talking to him.

"Why? You seemed pretty okay with it earlier," I say. He clenches his jaw. "What? Were you just messing with me or something?"

He quickly turns to me, his eyes doing that flickering thing again. And I didn't really have time to focus on it.

"I wasn't lying. I think about doing that and so much more every single time I see you. That doesn't mean it's going to happen." I was a little shocked to say the least. But then I process what he said.

"I don't get why it can't," I say. He glances around the room. He shifts in his chair again to face the front of the room.

"I said no, Adeline," he says. I clench my jaw. I've heard that to many times today.

"And I'm, yet again, not caring. Axel shouldn't even think he has a say in this," I say. He looks at me.

"You're right. But I'm not going to make you lose him. Not because of me. Sorry, Adeline," he says. It was like he was trying not to look at me.

"You can't-"

Mr. Martin cuts me off and starts the class. "Alright! Enough chatting! Math time!" He says, smiling and gesturing to the board. Cole glances at me. I turn in my seat to face normally again and start taking the notes. But my mind was somewhere else completely.

As soon as the bell rings, I stand up. I do the same thing Cole did to me the first day. I stand behind him and put my hands on his shoulders instead of his chair. Yes, I took it a step further. I felt his shoulders tense under my touch.

"I'll be at the park later. And I'll wait as long as you make me," I whisper in his ear. I let my lips go a little to close, brushing his ear. His hand came up to my wrist quickly, pulling me around the desk to face him. He looked kind of mad. His eyes flicked over my features and I continued to smirk at him. I push back up and lean towards his ear again. "I'll be waiting."

I stand straight and walk out of the classroom, damn proud of myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 281 16
What happens when you throw a set of twins and there mean ass protective little sister into a school filled with vampires, demons, werewolfs, mermaid...
735K 26.4K 37
Sam, a shy, 16 year old, closeted lesbian who has anxiety issues and abusive parents meets Avery, a soon to be Beta, who wasn't expecting to find her...
180 9 19
Damian Alarie and his twin brother Lukas are the two sons of a powerful alpha. As they are twins, their father decides to choose one of the boys as h...
1.1M 26.9K 34
"I- I..., I don't understand.." "We were made for each other, we're mates.., although I wasn't expecting my little mate to be this young..." he paus...