HIRAETH || CAROLINE FORBES

By adelinedownes

in which violet pearson, the siphoner hybrid with a mysterious past, falls completely and utterly in love wit... More

REWRITING
act one
playlist
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
act two
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
act three
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
a/n

SEVEN

5.6K 213 78
By adelinedownes

{a/n: it's official violet and caroline's ship name is either carolet or varoline! also some really important information is going to be revealed so pay attention ;) }

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗
SEVEN
sweet child o' mine
she's got a smile and it seems to me,
reminds me of childhood, memories
where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky.
now and then when i see her face,
she takes me away to that special place
and if i stare too long,
i'd probably break down and cry.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

s2;e9

BULGARIA 1490

SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD KATERINA PETROVA SCREAMED LOUDLY, SQUEEZING HER OLDER SISTER'S HAND TIGHTLY. "I can't do this, I can't." She shakes her head as she tries to push the baby out.

"Yes you can, sweetheart." Violet smiled encouragingly, stroking her little sister's hair gently. "You're almost there. So close now." She soothed softly.

Katerina cried out in pain again, giving one last push as the baby comes out fully. She slumped against the bed tiredly, sighing in relief.

Their mother picked the baby up in her hands. "It's a girl!" She announced.

Katerina moved forward on the bed, Violet's hand on the back keeping her steady. "A girl." She said. "Please, mother, let me see her!" Katerina pleaded reaching out with her exhausted arms the best she could for her baby.

Their father shook his head in refusal, tearing the baby from their mother's hold. Katerina begged and pleaded to see her daughter at least once, but he refused. He simply called her a disgrace and left the room without a second thought.

Katerina looked up at her sister in desperation, but Violet could only shake her head sadly. "I'm so sorry, Katerina." She said, holding her arms out. The younger girl crumbled into her hold, clinging to her tightly as she sobbed. Violet placed a kiss to her head, before moving her over to their mother.

Violet left the room, running after her stepfather who was preparing to leave the house. "Please, let me take the child." She pleaded. "At least until I can find them a home."

He shook his head firmly. "I will take her out to the woods, and leave her there."

"No, you can't!" She said. "Please. I'll take the child, and I'll leave. I won't live here anymore. It has not been long since my husband died, I can pass her off as my own."

He stood still for what seemed like an eternity, considering his decisions. Eventually, he nodded, shoving the baby into Violet's arms. "Take her. Leave. Don't come back."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══

For a vampire Violet's age, time ran funny, and quite often got away from her, most recently making her late to meeting Caroline and Elena at the tomb to talk to Katherine. Although Katherine was not able to leave the tomb, it was decided to be best if Violet was present for mediation purposes.

By the time she arrives to the tomb, Caroline is already walking away, alone, meaning Elena is inside. As they pass by each other, Caroline nods in greeting to her, worry etched over her features.

Violet frowns. "Care? What's wrong?"

Caroline looks down in embarrassment, biting her lip nervously. "I don't know how to distract Stefan." She admits, kicking the dirt with her foot.

Violet laughs softly, shaking her head. "Oh, sweetheart. It's easy. Talk to him about bunny blood or something, or get him talking about cars. You could ask him about how we met, which is an interesting story in itself. Don't stress, Caroline. You'll be fine."

Caroline nods. "I guess so."

"Well, good luck." Violet gives her one last smile before heading into the tomb. Upon reaching its entrance, the gravity of her situation kicks in. The story Katherine is inevitably going to share today is one she hasn't spoken aloud for centuries, not even to Stefan. The only thing she can do is pray it won't change his opinion of her.

She clutches the straps of her bag tightly, taking a deep breath and walking in. Her heart sinks as she sees Katherine's barefoot, dirty, sickly form.

Elena, who is facing Katherine and holding up several various items, doesn't notice her enter.

"You came to bribe me? What is it that you want?" Katherine asks. Upon noticing Violet, she smirks. "Hello Violetta." She greets.

Elena turns around in relief, "Oh good, you're here."

"I also brought some things." Violet says, holding up a bag containing a water bottle, a water bottle with blood, a pillow, a change of clothing, two books, and a pen and paper, "But you need to tell us some things first."

"I want you to tell me about Klaus."

"Hmm, you've been busy."

"I also brought you this." Elena takes out a book, which grabs both Violet and Katherine's attention, "It's your family history. It says in here that the family line ended with you. Obviously that's not true."

"You think that if you brought me some family keepsake that I'd open up?" Katherine asks.

Violet stays quiet, hoping Elena doesn't pick up on the connection Violet has with the Petrova family.

"I also brought you this." Elena holds up a bottle of blood, showing it to Katherine which just antagonizes the vampire if anything.

"You don't look so good. How long before your body shuts down? 10, 20 years? It must be painful to desiccate and mummify. I can't even imagine." Elena taunts

Katherine slowly slides down to the floor, with Violet and Elena following suit. Elena puts some blood in a cup and pushes it towards Katherine with a stick.

Katherine weakly picks the cup up, breathing heavily as she brings the glass to her mouth, "You have the Petrova fire."

"More blood?" Elena asks

Katherine puts the glass on the floor and Elena takes it, refilling it and giving it back.

"It's a long story, Klaus and I. It goes all the way back to England, 1492, after I left Bulgaria. or was thrown out."

Violet leans forward as she listens to Katherine. She never knew what happened after Katherine got kicked out- Klaus refused to tell her anything only that she ran away from them. He also forbade her from finding out.

"Thrown out?" Elena questions

"My family, your true ancestors, they disowned me. My indiscretions were not tolerated at that time. I had a baby out of wedlock. The shame."

"It was kept secret?"

"Mhmm. My baby was given away. actually- I believe Violet took care of her for a little while."

Violet nods in confirmation as Elena turns to Violet in surprise, "You knew Katherine before she turned?"

"Oh, she did not say?" Katherine smirks, "Violet is my sister."

Elena's mouth drops open in shock, and Violet sends her sister a glare, "You're what?!"

Violet smiles nervously, afraid of what everyone is going to say to her when they also find out. For some reason her mind didn't go to Stefan and Damon her oldest friends, but it went to Caroline. She isn't sure what it is about Caroline that she likes so much, she just does.

Elena opens the book back up in surprise, "Your name isn't in here though?"

Violet nods, "That's because technically I'm not a Petrova. Katerina and I have different fathers, but mine died before I was born and my mother remarried and I took her new husbands last name."

Katherine just shrugs and seems to not give a damn about the bombshell she just dropped, instead continuing her story, "I was banished to England and I had to learn to adjust. So I quickly became English. It was there that I caught the eye of a nobleman named Klaus. I was taken with him at first, until I found out what he was and what he wanted from me. And then I ran like hell."

Violet listens to Katherine's story, frowning as she hears what the people she would consider family did to her sister.

"So," Elena stands up, "What did Klaus want?"

"The same thing that he'll want from you. He wants to break the curse." Katherine explains

"By sacrificing the Petrova doppelgänger." Elena realises

"He wanted to drain every single drop of blood from my body."

Elena gives another glass of blood to Katherine, "What does the Petrova blood line have to do with Klaus?"

"It's really tedious but the curse was bound by the sacrifice of Petrova blood. Witches are crafty with their spells. The doppelgänger was created as a way to be able to undo the spell. Once the doppelgänger reappeared, the curse can be broken."

"So you ran before he killed you?"

"Something like that." Katherine nods

*

"I need some air." Violet suddenly mumbles, standing up and leaving the tomb. She sits down outside, bringing her knees up to her chest and slumping her head down tiredly.

Katherine's story had become to overwhelming for Violet to hear. She doesn't want to keep listening to the story of how her sister and family died, so she waits for Elena.

She's so overwhelmed that when Stefan walks past, she doesn't even notice. Eventually Stefan and Elena both come back out of the tomb, both of them walking up to Violet in worry.

"Are you okay?" Elena asks

"Violet what is that?" Stefan asks, staring straight at the grey veins on her arm. 

Violet quickly moves to cover it, wincing slightly in pain, "It's nothing." she shrugs.

"Violet that's not nothing. Did someone hurt you?"

"I said it's nothing." She repeats, louder this time as she stands up and vamp speeds away from them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.8K 2.5K 48
"๐€๐ง๐ ๐ˆ ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ ๐’๐š๐ญ๐š๐ง, ๐š๐ก ๐ˆ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ ๐จ" ๐– ๐—‹๐–บ๐–ป๐–พ๐—…๐—…๐–บ ๐–ฏ๐—‚๐–พ๐—‹๐–ผ๐–พ ๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‡๐—€๏ฟฝ...
185K 4.8K 58
๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜Œ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜Ž๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ต "๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ" ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ฑ...
687K 15.2K 73
in which Stefan Salvatore falls in love with the other Gilbert, Ophelia Gilbert. ( ๐’”๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’๐’ ๐’๐’๐’† - ?? ) ( ๐’”๐’•๐’†๐’‡๐’‚๐’ ๐’”๐’‚๐’๐’—๐’‚๐’•๐’๐’“๐’† ๐’™ ๏ฟฝ...
57.3K 2.2K 18
โ˜พ โ‹†*๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:โ‹†*๏ฝฅ๏พŸ-- ๐‘๐„๐•๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐„ /หˆ๐ซษ›๐ฏ(ษ™)๐ซ๐ข/ ๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ง ๐š ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐›๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐จ๐ง๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ฌ; ๏ฟฝ...