๐—ฃ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜€ (๐—ข๐—–๐˜€ ๐—œ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—น...

Av BraedimusSupreme

A/N: this story links up with my first two 'Cars' books, so think of it as the sequel. Dusty, a small-town pl... Mer

Chapter One: Going Places
Chapter Two: Meet Dusty Crophopper
Chapter Three: Dottie and Skipper
Chapter Four: Qualifying Trials
Chapter Five: Training with Skipper
Chapter Six: Meeting the Racers
Chapter Seven: The Race Begins
Chapter Eight: To Germany
Chapter Nine: To India
Chapter Ten: Through the Himalayas
Chapter Eleven: The Love Doctor
Chapter Twelve: Dusty's Down!
Chapter Thirteen: Back In The Race
Chapter Fifteen: Epilogue

Chapter Fourteen: The Final Leg

1.7K 21 10
Av BraedimusSupreme

The final leg of the Wings Around The Globe Rally was underway. The final stretch from Mexico to New York.

"This one's all about speed and the willingness to give it all. First to cut the ribbon in New York, takes home the trophy and the glory." Brent announced on TV. "And we're off as the first flyers take to the air."

Braedey lowered his visor, glaring at Ripslinger as he passed him, then he took to the air with a roar from his turbines. Ripslinger took to the air next, followed by the twins, then El Chu and Rochelle, then Bulldog, and so on.

"The rest of the field is now off and running." Brent added in. "And though Crophopper did not complete the previous leg, race officials ruled his radio had been tampered with. So he'll be allowed to compete. But with a severe time penalty."

Dusty sat on the tarmac, his new engine powered up and ready to go. All of the cars and planes in the stand started to count down backward in Spanish. As soon as it hit zero, Dusty was off. As he took to the air, he could now bring up his landing gear. That means less drag, and more speed. He kept his throttle open, and did not slow down.

"I've never seen someone come back from this far behind." Brent announced next. "It's going to take both horsepower and willpower to even have a chance."

Dusty kept his eyes locked on the horizon, and did not let off the throttle. He was going to win this, even if Ripslinger or his goons get in his way. Braedey, every now and then, he would use his mirrors to take a look behind him to see where everyone was, and to see if Dusty was nearby.

Dusty was soon catching up with the other racers as he flew through the Grand Canyon, the most iconic canyon in the world. Bulldog soon passed Ishani, then he looked down to see Dusty leaving a trail of dust in his wake.

"Good show, Dusty." Bulldog said with a smile.

Dusty was flying so low to the ground, one thought he was going to drag his belly across the desert sand. After a while, he passed El Chu and Rochelle with ease. Still not to the front, yet. He still had Ned, Zed, and Ripslinger to pass, and he'll catch up with Braedey in the lead. He noticed Ripslinger just a couple hundred feet ahead of him. He was gaining on them.

"Um, boss?" Zed spoke up.

"What?" Ripslinger snarled under his breath.

"He's here." Zed replied.

Ripslinger looked back to see Dusty charging on. "Okay, we're out of camera range. You know what to do." He said to them, now looping around a large rock formation.

Up ahead, Braedey was looking back to see Dusty was coming up fast. He smiled at his friend, then he saw Ripslinger and his goons looping around. This was not how you race. It was illegal. Ripslinger is power hungry, and doesn't want anyone like Dusty to win. Braedey snarled, and he pulled up to fly into the clouds. He wasn't going to let this happen.

The three planes soon appeared behind Dusty. "Hey, farmer." Ned called.

"Time to plow the fields." Zed joked.

"Looks like you've run out of airspace, Crophopper." Ripslinger hissed. He had brought out his landing gear and with one wheel, he pushed Dusty lower so he would be hitting the cactus.

Just as they were doing that, something was flying upside down then into a nose dive. Flying faster than one could have imagined and knocking Ripslinger aside, it was none other then Skipper and Braedey!

"Skipper? Braedey?" Dusty looked confused. "Whoa!"

"Dusty, pull up!" Skipper ordered.

Dusty noticed he was heading straight for a mountain pillar. The twins split up as Dusty flew straight up. He barrel rolled into flight level at a higher altitude.

"Skipper?" Dusty questioned. "You're flying!" He exclaimed cheerfully.

"Good to see you in the air, coach." Braedey added.

"Oh, you noticed." Skipper told us with a slight chuckle. "Listen, I got Rip. You two take care of the other two."

"Got it." Dusty and Braedey confirmed as they go into a dive to get to lower altitude again, Ned and Zed following. As they reached a cliff side, Dusty and Braedey quickly spun upside down and dove down into the canyon. It had more obstacles here so it would be easier to fly through and lose the twins.

"They're on you six, kid." Skipper pointed out. "You two gotta lose them."

"We're trying." Dusty fretted. We tried to go through the obstacles but to no avail. "Skip, we can't shake them." The two were very agile.

"Pull hard right." Skipper ordered. "I'll break left and take out Rip. Use the rocks."

"Roger that!" Dusty said as they split up. Braedey shot forward with Dusty.

The two flew past a rock at a harsh radial G-turn. Braedey cuts a little bit close, nearly taking off one of his rudders, but he makes it, Dusty leading ahead, while Ned and Zed crashed into one another, and they were stuck in the rocks!

"Haha! Nice one." Braedey laughed.

"Good flying, wingman." Dusty thanked to Braedey, the latter smiling back to the crop-duster.

Meanwhile, Skipper was trying to shake Ripslinger off his tail. But with a quick manoeuvre, he got behind Ripslinger. Skipper then knocked his wing tip against Ripslinger's wing tip, making the latter spin out of control.

"Dusty, Braedey!" Skipper called.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Dusty replied.

"I'm good." Braedey added.

"That was pretty good for a crop duster and racecar." Skipper laughed.

Dusty laughed back. "And not bad for an old-timer who doesn't fly."

"Oh, yeah?" Skipper asked. "Well, I may be old, but at least I ain't afraid of heights."

Dusty laughed. "Oh, okay." Skipper laughed.

Ripslinger suddenly came out of nowhere, knocking right into Skipper's fin. With panic, Dusty and Braedey dove after Skipper in concern for their mentor.

"That's why they call them Sky Slycers!" Ripslinger called out as he flew away, determined to take the victory.

Braedey snarled, his turbines going to full power. "That's it! I've had enough of that two-bit, prop-driven, Chick Hicks wannabe!" He yelled, chasing on after Ripslinger with a roar from his turbines.

"Oh, no." Dusty muttered as he examined the damage. Skipper's rudder was damaged. "Skipper, are you okay?" He asked.

Skipper chuckled. That is a relief, at least he wasn't badly hurt. "Are you kidding? I'm great."

"But what about your tail?" Dusty asked.

"I'll live." Skipper reassured. "Go get them! Go!"

Dusty acknowledged, and he powered on ahead. He was going to win, and nobody like Ripslinger is going to stop him.

"We're closing in on the final stretch, folks." Colin Cowling spoke up.

"That's right, Colin." Brent acknowledged. "And ever since they emerged from Deadstick Desert, Ripslinger has maintained a lead."

Dusty flew over a river while Ripslinger was ahead of him. The former managed to catch up with Braedey, the two of them nodding in acknowledgement, and kept their throttles open to get ahead of Ripslinger.

They flew over a forest landscape doing their best to catch up to Ripslinger. They both were just behind Ripslinger. All three of them finally matched his speed.

"What?" Ripslinger looked at the two in shock.

Dusty took left side. "Hi." Dusty and Braedey greeted with mischief.

Ripslinger grunted and picked up his speed, Braedey charging ahead to go on after him. With all his might, Dusty tried to catch up.

"Come on, come on, come on." Dusty panicked. "Not now! Not now!" Dusty couldn't go any faster and pulled back trying to. "No!" Dusty looked disappointed. Just as he thought all hope was lost, a shimmer of light shun over him. Dusty looked up.

'Tailwinds like nothing you've ever flown.' Skipper's words rang in Dusty's mind.

"Roger that, Skip." Dusty said. He began to climb in altitude, heading straight to the blue sky with clouds striping the sky. "Don't look down. Don't look down." Dusty muttered to himself. He wasn't pleased. He looked behind himself and gasped with fear. He was panting with fear. But then, Dusty still kept going with determination.

As he emerged through the clouds, Dusty exclaimed with shock as the strong wind current took him. He was so not used to the speed. But it helped. Dusty was now exclaiming with joy. He noticed his flight speed and balance has improved. He enjoyed the high-speed and height. Dusty did somewhat of a dance of joy. He titled to one side to get a better view below. Ripslinger was skimming across the water's surface, heading forth to New York, Braedey hot on his tail.

"Okay, time to eat my dust." Dusty announced, rolling until he's inverted and dove downwards.

"With another win for Ripslinger seeming inevitable..." Colins then spotted The two racers. "Wait a second, it's Dusty Crophopper and Braedey Martin!" As Dusty now neared the ground, he spun back upright.

"And here they come, down the stretch." Brent added on. "It's going to be close, it's anyone's race."

"All right, get my good side, fellas." Ripslinger said to the cameras, now tilting to his right. This left an open space for Dusty and Braedey to pass. They both pulled a radial G-turn as they passed Ripslinger with ease. Braedey cuts throttle, allowing Dusty could win the race. As they came in for a landing, everyone cheered and sparklers shot from the ground like firework. And with that, Ripslinger was so shocked that he ran over all the porta-potties and knocked them off; revealing the cars inside.

"He's done it! He's done it." Brent announced.

"From last to first. From obscurity to immortality, the racing world will never forget this day." Colin announced next. "For the first time, a crop duster and a racecar has won the Wings Around the Globe Rally!"

Braedey and Dusty landed on the tarmac, the two of them smiling to one another, cameras flashing and taking their pictures. A few moments later, the other racing planes come in for landing.

"Yes, Dusty! Ha-ha!" El Chupacabra announced as he landed, the other planes landing at the same time.

"Magnifique, Dusty!" Rochelle added.

"You really kicked his bottom, lads!" Bulldog joked and laughed, the other planes laughing as well.

"All right. Yeah." Chug cheered, he, Dottie, and many others also cheering for them. "Now that's how to pass!"

"You did it, you two!" Dottie exclaimed.

"I couldn't have done it without you, Dottie." Dusty said.

"Dottie chuckled. "Yeah, I know."

"Hey, buddy, great tip about Ripslinger leaning to the cameras. Thanks, Chug..." Dusty said.

"Hey, anything for my pal." Chug chuckled.

Dusty turned to Braedey. "...and Braedey."

"Anything for a friend." Braedey nodded.

"Great job, pal." Zane rolled up with Mary, now tyre bumping Braedey, who smiled happily to him.

Braedey then saw Leyland rolling up. "Mr. Leyland, you're here." He smiled.

"Braedey, that was amazing. You made Redbulldozer Racing proud, as well as the Piston Cup." Leyland complimented to Braedey.

"Well done, Dusty." Dusty turned to Ishani. "The world has a new champion. And so do I." She added.

"Thanks, Ishani." Dusty gratefully said. "For everything."

We hear a familiar honk. "Herr Dusty und Braedey!"

"Franz?" Dusty and Braedey turned and looked to the little German car.

"Hoorah!" Franz cheered.

"Hey, Franz." Braedey greeted.

"What are you doing here?" Dusty asked.

"Ve came to vatch you vin the race." Franz said. "You are an inspiration to all of us."

"All of us?" Dusty and Braedey asked, confused.

"Ja." Franz confirmed to them. "All of us who vant to do more than just what ve vere built for." All three of them now looked over to many over aircraft and cars of all shapes and sizes cheering.

"Whoa!" Braedey exclaimed.

"Thanks, guys!" Dusty said.

Just then, a truck horn goes off, getting Braedey's attention as well as Dusty, and they saw Mack pulling up, many photographers taking the truck's picture as Braedey rolled up to him.

"Hey, Buddy." Mack greeted, coming to a stop. "Man, what was awesome to watch." He said, just as McQueen drove up. "Also, McQueen wanted to see you after the race."

"It's official, Braedey. You're a Piston Cup racer, V8 Supercar champion, and Wings Around The Globe Rally winner." McQueen said with a smile. "You are one amazing racer."

"Thanks, McQueen. That means a lot from you." Braedey tyre-bumped McQueen, the two racers now having their photos taken.

"You are definitely something else." McQueen added in.

"And he's my champion." Mary rolled up and kissed Braedey on his left fender, making him smile back to her.

"Whoo-wee." Dusty and Braedey heard Royer's voice, and they saw Ripslinger on the back of a flatbed truck, busted and covered in black sludge.

"Ripstinker. Yeah, that's your name. That's some supersonic sewer sauce. Man, I thought Vita-stink-a-bunch was bad. That's got nothing on you." Royer said. Ripslinger growled angrily. "Ooh! You're just nasty. Nastiliscious." Royer continued, as the truck began to pull away. "You need to go home and wash up." Then adds. "Twice." He chuckled, and they laughed at the scene.

"Who's that guy?" A car called.

Everyone looked to see Skipper flying by. Braedey followed Dusty to Skipper who had just landed, rolling up to them. All three of them smiled at one another.

"Thanks, Skip." Dusty said.

"Don't thank me." Skipper said. "I learned a lot more from you two than you ever learned from me. You got a lot of stuff, kid."

"Thanks, Skipper." Braedey smiled.

Something about the Corsair's demeanour and the way in which he was speaking to Dusty instantly reminded Lightning of his friendship with Doc. The red racecar looked to Braedey, the latter turning to him, and he smiled back at him.

Fortsรคtt lรคs

Du kommer ocksรฅ att gilla

90.9K 1.8K 27
Comicmaker12 from Wattpad Only this (โ„ โ„โ€ขโ„-โ„โ€ขโ„ โ„) and this ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคง I could have done that the reader was male but... Oh well ๐Ÿ˜‚ And the characters are n...
Cars - human bent Av cfelt

ร„ventyrsromaner

4.4K 130 28
Lightning McQueen - The name known across the country. You can't forget his name and he wouldn't let you if you tried. The debonair and mercilessly h...
92.4K 1.2K 18
A/N: this is a redo and redone version of my 'Cars' book from my other account, so there will be some added images and some more information and othe...
117K 5.3K 22
Female reader as always! Doing this because I've always loved McQueen as a CHARACTER. NOT AS A CAR. Thats why I'm making him HUMAN. McQueen is a rac...