Perfect Fit | August Alsina

By emmanesiadior

Gianna Romano is the daughter of feared Italian Mafia boss, Mateo Romano. After graduating high school in It... More

Introduction
Characters
1: Prologue
2: New York
3: Aftermath
4: Fierce and Cold-blooded
5: Information
6: More Information
7: Erotic
8: You Again
9: Confessions
10: Explanations
11: Coming Together
12: Making Plans
13: Ferris Wheels, Candy Floss and Kisses
14: Work To Do
15: The Art of Seduction
16: Interrogation
17: Intensive Care
18: Decisions
19: Back Home
20: Mothers
21: The Softer Side
22: Closer And Closer
23: An Eventful Night
24: Furioso Mafioso
25: Mafia Headquarters
26: Broken and...Betrayed?
27: Breaking Down
28: Explosive
29: His Truth
30: Saved
32: Welcome to Italy
33: An Open Discussion
34: Numb
35: The Reason
36: Apologies and Acceptance
37: Taking Care of Business
38: More Discussions and Apologies
39: The Creative Side
40: One Step Closer
41: Better
42: Preparations
43: Miami
44: Handling Business
45: Bad Introductions and Old Issues
46: A Better Introduction
47: Make It Right
48: Mr and Mrs Romano
49: Love Faces
50: Epilogue
Perfect Fit Sequel

31: Finally Official

928 50 10
By emmanesiadior

This chapter is dedicated to @rayrenmama26 ❤ thank you for your sweet message, it's much appreciated!

Mateo sat in his office chair looking at Gianna and Devonte who sat on the other side of his desk. He wasn't entirely happy with what had been expressed back at the rundown warehouse, but he wanted to have a proper conversation with the pair because he needed to know if they really were in love with each other. He was no stranger to love and knew just how much falling for someone could make you adjust things in your life and do things without much thought which was clearly what Gianna had done when she left the headquarters in Florence. Because of this he wasn't going to deny them of being together if that's what they wanted: if he did then his daughter was likely to hate him and he didn't want that, and more importantly, he only wanted his girl to be happy and if Devonte brought that to her then who was he to stop that? He didn't have to like the guy but maybe one day he'd grow to like him.

"So you love this boy mia bella (my beautiful)?"

"Yes papa. That's why I had to come back here."

Mateo nodded then looked at Devonte. "And you love my daughter?"

"Yes sir. It took me a while to realise it but I do, I love her very much and I intend to be with her."

"Let me speak with Gianna alone for a moment, then I will do the same with you."

Devonte nodded and stood to his feet before exiting the room. He wasn't mad at this process because it was simply Mateo looking out for his daughter and her best interest - something any father would do and as a man, he respected that.

Gianna remained in her seat as she stared at her father, hoping and praying that he'd accept Devonte and let them be together freely. If he didn't then she was certain she'd be with him anyway but her father's blessing would mean the absolute world because that would signify that he accepts the man that she's in love with.

"Gianna, as you grew up I had many fears about what your life would eventually look like. In this life it isn't easy and not everyone is accepting of the life we live. That's why I gave you a choice to be in the mafia life or not. Discretely I hoped you would say yes because I knew in my heart it would make things ten times easier for you, but when you said no, I couldn't help but be proud. You were going to take on the challenge and you were going to be the person that takes the reigns from me when I am no longer around. But with the proudness also came a sense of worry. You're a beautiful young woman with everything going for you, yet not all people are accepting of the mafia life. I know you've always wanted to fall in love and get married and have children, but I also know that it's hard to find a man that accepts everything that comes with you, which is why I always assumed you'd end up with one of my business partner's sons."

"Those sons of theirs are no where close to men." Gianna states truthfully making her father laugh.

"Mmmm, I saw that for myself when you brought one of them home. Definitely not the type of person I wanted for you but if you had decided that you wanted to be with him, then you should know I would've accepted it. At the end of the day it's your life and you make your own decisions. If that was the boy that makes you happy then who am I to prevent that from happening? Mia bella (my beautiful) all I've ever wanted for you is to be happy and be with someone because you love them. And in Devonte, you have that."

She squinted her eyes. "What are you trying to say?"

"If he makes you happy and he is the person that you love and want to be with, then I want you to do just that."

"So we can be together?"

"Of course."

Gianna sprang up from her chair and rushed around the desk. Mateo stood up just in time to catch her in his arms as she threw hers around him. They shared a warm father, daughter hug that was enough to make anyone tear up.

"Thank you papa. Ti voglio bene (I love you)."

"I love you more." He said and kissed her forehead. "You tell that boy though, if he breaks your heart I'll break his neck."

"I'm sure he knows what he's getting himself into."

"Mmm. Go ahead and see everyone so I can speak with him alone."

"Don't try scare him off please."

"Relax sweetheart. I just want to welcome him to the family."

She exited the office and approached Devonte who was standing a little down the hall looking at a picture of Gianna as a child with a smile on his face. The sight instantly made her smile. She wrapped her arms around him from the side and took a moment to inhale his intoxicating scent. He chuckled and turned so that her head was now on his chest.

"It went good?"

"Perfect." She said while pulling back to look up at him.

"That's what I like to hear."

"He wants to talk to you now. I'll be in the living room with everyone else. I'll introduce you officially when you're done."

He smiled and nodded at Gianna before watching her walk down the hall and out of sight. All that was his whether anyone like it or not. He took a deep breath before walking back into the office. Mateo was now standing in front of his desk with his arms folded. Devonte closed the door behind him and waited for the man to acknowledge him - it was the respectful thing to do and if he intended on having a happy relationship with the woman he loved, he needed to build a bond with her father.

"Devonte you have my blessing."

It was so sudden he hadn't expected it at all.

"What?"

"You have my blessing to be with my daughter. I can see she loves you and I can see just from the look in your eyes that you love her too."

Devonte smiled. "She's special. There aren't many women like her in the world and I'd be a fool to let her go away so easily. It's hard for me to grasp these feelings that are foreign but I'll do so for her. Your daughter is worth it sir."

"You don't have to call me sir, Devonte. You're part of the family now. Call me Mateo." He said genuinely. "And as for your feelings being foreign, I was once like you too, believe it or not. We're groomed to be heartless, ruthless people but when a certain person unlocks your heart you will never be able to stop those feelings from pouring out. Don't be afraid of it son, it's only natural. Embrace those feelings and make my daughter happy."

"Thank you. And I intend to do just that."

"Good but you should know now, if you break her heart then I will not hesitate to break your neck. I don't play around when it comes to my one and only child."

Devonte chuckled. "You wouldn't be her father if you don't protect her the way you do. I respect you Mateo and I promise I'll take care of your daughter. I'll treat her how she is supposed to be treated and protect her with my life."

Mateo smiled and extended his hand to Von. "Devonte, welcome to the family."

Devonte gladly shook Mateo's hand. The happiness he was feeling was intense. It made him feel so much better that Gianna's dad had given his blessing for them to be together. Even if he'd been against their love for each other, Devonte was still going to pursue Gianna. Though he knew that deep down, Gia having her father's blessing was more important than she'd ever let on. Now all that was left to do was officially ask Gianna to be his girlfriend. 

_ _ _

Devonte Wilson

My talk with Mateo made me feel better about everything and truthfully it makes getting with Gianna that much more special since I have his blessing. Not that it would've hindered me getting with her in the first place because either way I'd make her mine, but I know how some girls can be when it comes to all that stuff and since Gianna is close with her father I know that's important to her - that he accepts who she chooses to be with.

We continued to discuss certain things, though it was more so him speaking about his plans now, as we walked down to the living room. Upon entering my eyes settled on Gianna who was sobbing in an unfamiliar woman's arms but I guessed that this was the lady that she'd told me about before; Vittoria. I sighed. They had to have told her about Roman because she was fine before this. I walked over and sat down beside her. Immediately she turned to face me, wrapped her arms around me and starting sobbing into my chest.

"I-I did this t-to him." She cried as I rubbed her back. "I'm t-the r-r-reason he's g-gone."

The woman who had been holding her rested a hand on Gianna's shoulder. She looked so sympathetic.

"Tesoro (treasure) it's not your fault dear. These things happen sometimes. It's unfortunate and not anything we'd hope for, but we can't change it."

"He's gone because of me Vittoria! I was the one who yelled out when they'd told me not to make a sound, so they shot him! It should've been me!"

"Mia bella (my beautiful) you and I both know how Roman was. He would've taken several bullets for you. Anyone in our crew would because their top priority after being loyal and committed to the life is to protect their leader and the next of kin. Now what happened wasn't anyone's fault but that scum bag who is awaiting death. I don't want to hear you blaming yourself anymore."

Gianna looked up at me. "Your father is right. Don't blame yourself for something you had no control over. You had no idea that they were going to shoot him. It's not your fault."

"Listen mia bella (my beautiful), we're going to leave to take his body back home tomorrow. I've had Emilio call his family to inform them and as expected they aren't taking it well, so I thought it would be best to leave as soon as possible so we can be there to support them. Devonte, you are welcome to come along and stay with us. Bring whoever was close with Roman. I'll take care of whatever expenses."

"Thank you. And I'm sorry for your loss."

He nodded and soon left the room with the lady I now knew was Vittoria. It would've been nice to properly meet her but now is not the time. We'll be formally introduced soon anyway. Gianna cried for a good fifteen minutes before she sat up and wiped her eyes. Tears still ran down her cheeks but she seemed much calmer than she was.

"You are coming to Italy, right?"

"If you want me to then yeah. I don't want to impose on anyone though, I know this is hard for everyone and I don't want us coming to get in the way of anything."

Don't even ask where this side of me is coming from because I don't know. All I know is that since this gorgeous woman unlocked my heart, I feel so many more things.

"You won't be imposing." She said seriously and turned to face me again. "I want you there. I want all of you there."

"It's settled then. I'll have to tell the others and go pack some things. I don't know if Black will be able to come with us, it's his week with Katelyn."

Gianna's eyes lit up. "Tell him to bring her. That little angel will make everything so much better."

"I'll see what he says. For now though, I have something I want to ask you."

"Ask me what?" She asked with her eyes squinted.

I laughed and dug into my pocket for the necklace - a silver locket that held the first picture we ever took together. Engraved on the front was a small star with a little diamond and on the back was our initials. I'd had it made before we kissed in the club and had actually planned on asking her to be my girl that same night if I gained enough courage to do so. In all honesty I had and was ready to ask her the same question I'm about to ask her but then all hell broke loose.

"I planned on asking you this a while ago but then things happened and I couldn't. But now the opportunity has presented itself again and I know now as well that you feel the same way that I feel about you. I know the timing is a little off considering what's happened but I also don't want to waste anymore time because we're not promised tomorrow. I love you and I want to be with you. Gianna, will you be my girlfriend?"

I held the necklace out to her and watched her lips curl up into a smile. She gently touched the locket before opening it up. That's when her smile grew ten times bigger. She looked up at me before leaning in and pecking my lips.

"Yes." She said and pecked my lips again. "I'll be your girlfriend."

And just like that, I became the happiest man in the world. 

_

_

_

Questions + Responses:

Locket + picture in MM (yes, ya girl was at it with the editing again)

Gianna and Devonte's talk with Mateo?

She was informed about Roman 😭

Devonte asked her to be his girlfriend!!!!!

Vote, comment & share 😁✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 22.7K 49
****I'm writing this story because I want to be creative, while working with my imagination. If there is anything you feel wrong with my story feel f...
1.5K 54 13
Arabella Lila Romano A name given to her. A name so powerful to make even the strongest fear. The only daughter of Armando Romano. The Italian mafia...
1.1M 26.2K 25
Elena Russo has never lived a normal life like most. To her normal was having a constant bodyguard and not being able to indulge much on life at home...
166K 2.5K 29
Elina Russo the mafia boss daughter kidnapped at a baby. Think she is a only child no family been living a life of abuse and lies and betrayal can sh...