THE SHADES OF MY LOVE (ON HOL...

By KEYDAKING

My Works #1 Adela James. A seventeen year old girl who have been through a lot in her young life. Ever since... More

Description|Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 2

358 50 100
By KEYDAKING

And if ah gang, mi neva panic
Back broad enuh, fi mi alone tek
on three gyal
Recoil smooth trigger under heavy pressure,
Mi buss it up shell a drop like ah rainy weather
|Shenseea- Bad Alone

Reverting her eyes from the window across the room to the board infront of the class. She stared at it for a bit longer than she intended to, before moving her eyes down to the paper that she completed over ten minutes ago.

In all honesty she was feeling bored out of her mind as she sat there waiting on the dismissal bell to ring so she can get the hell out of that classroom.

It was no surprised to her that she couldn't stay one place for too long, so imagine how uncomfortable she felt sitting there and not having a thing to do but succumbed to the quietness, which was starting to get on her nerves. The classroom was so quiet you could hear a pin drop in the room, or if someone decided to sneak a fart in. Which would be too hilarious by the way, She thought to herself smirking.

But nevertheless the room was just too quiet for her liking, and quietness wasn't her bestfriend at all since it always allowed her thoughts to run wild and she knew what that leads to. Adela never slipped up on having an episode, while being in school. However though, little mood swings would occur from time to time, which did caused her to misbehave and get into alot fights, but that was all in the past.

She did eventually started to distance herself away from people she was acquainted with or even strangers, just so she could avoid getting into any type of drama during her junior and senior year. She didn't want her disciplinary record to affect her chances of getting into colleges, even though it's not likely to impede on  admission to colleges, she still prefer to keep her distance. Having learnt before that mixing and meddling around with too many people could bring about alot of drama; drama, something she didn't too much have the time and day for.

Getting impatient she noisily moved around in her seat and let out a big sigh, which caught the teacher and others attention.

"Okay, for those of who are finished with you paper, you can go ahead and leave right now" the teacher finally said causing alot of them to jump up and out of their seats. "And please place your test paper right up here before doing so...Hmph, have a nice last day seniors" she added in a cheery tone.

She didn't had to say it twice cause Adela was already the first one at her desk to hand in her test. Giving the teacher a tight lipped smile, she speed walked her way to the door.

The hallways were packed with seniors who were playing around and shoving at each other, the atmosphere was just filled with excitement. Shaking her head, she couldn't blame them for being this hype since it was the last day of school. And the next time they'll be stepping onto the school premises would be to graduate, which she couldn't wait for.

With a genuine smile plastered to her face she pushed through the people in the hallway, trying to get to her locker so she could clear out the remaining of her belongings that she have in there.

While she was walking she heard a commotion and looked across the building to see a crowd of people entering their schools indoor track.

Curious to know what was going on in there, she decided her locker can wait for later and turned on her feet heading in that direction.

Upon entering the track & field building she saw a crowd of people forming a circle in the centre of the field with loud music playing. It didn't took her long to realize what was about to go down, making her sprint her way across the field pushing through the herd of people so she can get to the front. In the centre of the circle were a group of boys who she was well familiar with that was getting the crowd hype.

Jumping up and down they started chanting to the crowd "when we say Southside. You say Boyzzzz". 'Southside' they shout making the crowd of students scream back 'Boyz'. Getting hype along with the crowd Adela repeated the mantra whilst bobbing her head to the music that was playing in the background.

"Aite aite, I'ma need y'all to back up... give us some space" said lonzo, who was one of the member of the Southside Boyz Group.

With the crowd giving them enough space to do their thing, the music that was playing in the background switched from an old hiphop rap funk to an afro upbeat that had the students going wild with 'aye' and 'get it' going around.

When the boys started dancing to the beat, Adela immediately recognized the choreography since she could remember putting in some of the moves, out of fun when she last hanged out with them. And right now she was glad she did cause she wasn't about to be left out, it's been awhile since she had some fun so she was about to show her ass out. Tightening her ponytail so her hair wouldn't get all in her face when she start dancing, she stood there waiting on her cue to join in.

And when the beat switched into Drogba (Joana) by Afro B everyone on the field got mad hype.

Joana your busy body busy tonight
(Mad, mad, mad) Joana busy body
Make you no dey dull me tonight
Joanna busy body giving me life,
Oh, hey life, ayy
Why you do me like that?
Joanna, Jo-Jo Joanna
Why you do me like that?

On beat Adela did the gwara-gwara making stank faces, she then jumped up on her left foot to kicked her right up in the air, dropping down into squat right after and doing the vosho dance move that had the crowd acting out.

Adela didn't come to out play, she was hitting them moves right. Coming up from doing the vosho she started doing the sexy walk, then stomped her left foot out to the side mid air, dropping it and doing the same to right one, She then whined her waistline, with a little jerk in her waist to stay on the beat.

With some 'Ouuu' and 'I see you' coming from the crowd she was getting hella hype.

Then suddenly, the song switched to Bop by Dababy, which made her stop for a second to laugh her ass off before she continued dancing, she knew damn well whoever the DJ was, he just played that song to bring out the ghetto in people. At this point everyone was just belting out the lyrics, while the Southside Boyz and Adela was freestyling along with some girls who was shaking their asses.

The scene was no doubt looking like the remake of the 'Bop' music video on the schools track & field.

Adela who busy dancing decided to spice things up when she run off and did a backflip 360 twist that had everyone in the building roaring her nickname.

Well everyone, excepting a few girls from the cheerteam who dislike Adela was looking on in jealousy at how she had everyone attention.

...

A specific someone who was the cheer captain aka the popular girl at Jackson High.

Shania Dowdin disliked Adela with every fibre of her being. The girl couldn't comprehend how a tomboy;at least thats what she thought at first. Who dressed in baggy worn out clothes could attract the attention of best baller in their school and even hang with lonzo and his fine ass friends, when she, the most important and popular girl in Jackson High had to go out of her way to do everything to get their attention or let alone speak to her.

The girl was the epitome of desperation. She made herself believed that the only reason lonzo and his boyz were giving Adela the time of the day was because she was allowing them to run a train on her. She tried on several occasions to confront Adela, to so call 'embarrassed' her infront of people, but it always backfire.

She didn't want to start a scene right now either because she knew it would end with Adela whooping her ass again. So her homegirls and her was planning to jump Adela on her route home, and with this being the last day of school they would get away with it. Since the next time they'll be seeing her in person would on graduation day, where she wouldn't get a chance to lay her hands on them without getting kicked out of the ceremony.

Smirking, she couldn't wait to give Adela the beating of her life. It was gonna be payback for all the times she got sent home with a busted nose and for also being embarrassed infront of peers. Giving her homegirls a signal, she glared at Adela one last time before she walked off with a chip in her step, ready to put her plan into place.

* * * * * * * *

When the crowd started decreasing Adela decided to leave too, since she didn't see any reason why she should stick around any longer. Walking out the indoor track & field building that was located way across the campus from the main building, she sighed already feeling sorry for her poor legs that was killing her from all that dancing she did earlier which she would considered as a strenuous exercise.

Earlier though, the distance didn't seem that long to get to this side of school, but she figure it was just the adrenaline rush that was pumping through her veins when she ran to see what was going on.

"This is what my ass get for being nosy" she mumbled to herself "But I guess it was worth it" she added.

Jogging, she bypassed a few students entering through door that was opened. Walking down the corridors she reached her locker putting in the combinations, when it opened she took out her backpack and start ridding the locker of her remaining belongings which wasn't much. After she was finished she stood their staring at the locker that still had a few motivational placards hanging up, but besides that, it was just empty.

To think that the school year flew by so fast and soon she will be graduating and going to college, was just crazy. Time really waits on no one she thought. Unaware that someone was standing behind the locker door, she sighed taking down the placards shoving them into her bag as she ziped it closed putting it on her shoulder and slammed the door shut. Only to buck her eyes and squeal, before she started swinging her hands at the person that was standing there.

Laughing his ass off, lonzo was weak in the knees at her reaction. He knew sneaking up on her was a risky thing to do but her reaction was not what he was expecting. Dodging her fist, he grabbed a hold of her hands still laughing at her, it was so funny he even started to wheeze.

"Nigga you think that was funny, with yo donkey kong looking ass" Adela said in frustrated tone in the midst of her still trying to hit him.

"Bruh chill, it was just a joke" he told her still chuckling like it was funny.

"No the fuck it wasn't...Tehehe my ass" she told him huffing out of breath."You'll get yo ass knocked out, if you try sneaking up on me like that again"

"Then I guess it'll be worth it...cause your reaction? yeah that shit was priceless" he teased, a smirk now plastered to his face.

"And that's why you a musty ass hoe" she mumble.

But with him standing so close to her he heard every word she just muttered. Putting his hands around her shoulder he pulled her into his side and leaned down to whisper something in her ears "Ain't shit bout me musty del, and you know it" he said kissing her earlobe right after.

She wasn't suppose to blush but she did and she couldn't help it. She was fronting when she called him musty but he didn't need to know that.

"Boy bye, I ain't know shit" she said lying through her teeth.

"Yeah whatever, you can front all you want...but you know wassup" he said getting all up in her face like he was going to kiss her but he didn't, instead he just stared at her with his eyes roaming around her features and when he finally made eye contact with her, he bit his lips, making her blush again. Bitch get a hold of herself please. She scolded herself mentally.

And when she heard him chuckling, she cursed herself for light skin because she knew that he had already caught her reddened cheeks "Out here looking like a damn tomato, talking about 'I ain't know shit' yeah okay, " he said mocking her words from earlier.

"Boy whatever" she retorted flagging him off. "Now get yo hands off my shoulders, before one of yo chicken headed girlfriends get any ideas" she told him whilst taking his hands off of her shoulders, because she didn't feel like beating anybody's ass today.

But little did she know what was waiting on her.

Scrunching his eyebrows in fake confusion Alonzo said "C'mon D, you know I don't be messing around with any these thirsty ass girls" he lied

Rolling her eyes at his lying ass, Adela gaved him that 'boy you a damn lie' look that had him smirking. "Yeah and I'm a damn potatoe" she retorted in a sarcastic manner. "Anyways you saw Rubi?" she asked him, trying to changing the subject as they walked out of the building.

"Yeah, think I saw her talking it up with wonnie's slow ass"

Adela shook her head not in the least bit surprised that Rubi was entertaining Wonnie stupid ass. Nigga the father of the school if you counted the many times he repeated his senior year.

In her opinion, they both complimented each other. Tweddle dee and tweddle dumb.

"So when you gone stop playing around and give me them digits " he asked.

"Bruh you so hardheaded..like how many times do I have to tell you I ain't got a phone"

"You mean a proper phone" he corrected, being sly.

Frowning at his comment, she turned and gave him a dirty look "Boy don't come for me, aite. I don't need you to remind me of how broke I am" she retorted in a snidely manner.

"Oop my bad" he told her, putting his hands up in surrender.

Seeing Rubi standing alone all by herself and looking around like a lost puppy, she walked away from his annoying ass, going over to Rubi.

"Waiting for someone?" she asked being nosy.

Rubi who was standing outside for awhile waiting on Adela so they could walk home together looked up when she heard her voice "Girl where you been? I' been standing out here for a lil minute now, waiting on you" she replied.

Looking at her like she done lost her marbles Adela jerked her neck back pointing to herself saying. "Meee...now girl who told you to wait on me? Shit I know I didn't " giving her a weird look Adela shook her head at the girl and turned around to walk the route they took everyday to come to school.

Following behind her Rubi rolled her eyes at how dramatic Adela was being. " Fucking dramatic" she murmured.

Like always an awkward silence settle between the two girls who was walking down the sidewalk of the street they pass by everyday. Both was very stubborn to spark up any conversation between the other. Whether it be pride or fear of being snubbed by the other, they opted for the silence.

...

To Rubi she felt like she couldn't keep up with Adela's personality much less hold a conversation with the damn girl.

They were complete opposites, the only thing the two share in common was being in foster care. And even that they couldn't relate to since their backstory was different. With Rubi parents being too unfit to take care of her, she was taken by CPS, while Adela parents died in car incident and she didn't had any relative to take care of her so she ended up in the system.

"Well if it ain't thing one and thing two" she heard a familiar squeaky voice said, that had her snapping her head up from ground; with the speed she looked up in, you would've thought she just suffered from a whiplash. Placing her eyes on the person that just spoke, she saw that they were now blocking their path from walking.

Of course she thought. It was none other than Shania and she wasn't alone either.

Sighing she already knew some shit was about to pop off. With the two girls being in each other presence, shit never ends good, well, on Shania part it doesn't.

"Bye Shania, I ain't for the bullshit today" Adela who was quiet the whole time finally spoke up with irritation laced in her tone.

Shit. Rubi said to herself . She just remember that Adela didn't took her medication today and wasn't shit good when she was off her meds, her mood swings are more intense; she could be happy one second and angry the next. Closing her eyes she said a quick prayer, hoping that Adela didn't kill anyone of these girls here today.

"Nah bitch you bouta get this work..fuck you thought" Shania said getting in Adela's face.

Never the one to make small talk when it's crunch time, Adela wasted no time connecting her fist to the girls face, causing Shania friends to jump in when they saw Adela going was going in on their friends face.

Dropping her bag Rubi ran up on one of the girls who was tryna hold Adela hands from behind so Shania could get some hits in.

Stomping the girl in her back repeatedly who eventually let go of Adela hand and fell down, Rubi grabbed the girl by her bayang dragging her away from the others. So Adela could handle them.

Rubi hoped that by jumping into a fight that had noting to do with her whatsoever, would prove to Adela that she could trust in her to have her back during hard times.

Adela on the other hand was taking on three girls by herself. Pushing the two of Shania's homegirl off of her who flew back like lightweights, she ducked her head from Shania who was wind milling at her and swung her left hand out faking a punch before two piecing her in the face with her fist that had Shania staggering back holding onto her nose that was now bleeding, not wasting anytime she swung her fist punching at the other girl who was tryna gang up on her.

Slamming their heads together she stomped one of them in face which made the girl fell back giving Adela time to fight the other one who was getting some hard hits in.

Ripping the girls hand off her shirt she cocked her fist back and punched the girl in the face, sending another after that and receiving a few back in return from the girl who was tryna go toe to toe with her, but sadly she couldn't keep up for too long with Adela's speed and agility.

Feeling her head getting jerk back from behind she kicked out her foot at the same time knocking the girl she was fighting before in the jaw. If they thought they were going to gang up on her, she got something for them. Twisting her body a little, Adela started delivering punches from left to right to the girl who was pulling on her hair.

Punching the girl in her face she cocked her head back and headbutt the girl in the face, when she felt the girls grip going slack on hair, she quickly pulled her away and stomp kick the girl in the chest making her fall back, but the girl grabbed onto Adela's shirt carrying her down with her.

Rolling on top of the girl Adela started to punch her in the face, with the impact of her punch the girls head kept bouncing off the ground with every hit Adela was sending to her face. Off guard Adela felt the wind getting knocked out of her when someone hit her in the back.

Oof

Before she could recover fast from the kick she felt her head being jerk back again, and hits flying to her face. Fuck no. Adela said cocking her fist back and punching the girl every where she could since she left herself open.

"Stupid ass bitch" Adela snapped not caring that the girl was still holding onto her hair, she used her strength to body slammed the girl to the ground and drop her knees down on the girls stomach who started vomiting.

Not giving a fuck Adela got up and started stomping the girl in the head repeatedly until she heard Rubi cry out. "Ahhhh bitch... let go my hair" running over to the two she swung her fist back hitting the girl in the face "Lose.her.mutha.fucking.hair.bitch" Adela said between each hit she was giving out.

In the midst of them fighting a crowd of people was gathered around them, some had their phones out filming the whole commotion, while others was just cheering them on. When Adela notice this she grabbed Rubi and her stuffs from off the floor, that thankfully wasn't stolen or else she was about to steal someones whole existence if it was.

She grabbed onto Rubi who was still hitting one of Shania homegirls, who wasn't even fighting back anymore.

"Cha, let's go...hide yo face" she told Rubi, bending her head while she pushed through the crowd of people.

"Why I gotta hide my face, I ain't got beat up" she heard Rubi asked her which caused her to grab the girls neck and pushed her head down. "If you don't walk the fuck up, I'll smack yo ass in the face" Adela threatened, gritting her teeth at the naive girl. With that much people crowding around, 12 was bout to show up any moment now and she wasn't about to be there when they do.

When they reached their street corner Adela let go of Rubi's neck with a push and started fixing her shirt that was now missing a few buttons.

Rubbing the back of her neck Rubi smacked her teeth saying "Man this some bullshit." she didn't understand why Adela wanted them to hide their face when they were the ones who was giving out the ass whoopings and not the other way around.

* * * * * * * * *

The hot humid sun shone down brightly on Adela's smooth caramel kissed skin that was glistening with sweat trickling down the side of her face, the evidence of the heated whether making it mark as she raised her hand to wipe away the sweat from her face with a handkercheif.

She was sitting down outside on the front steps of their porch with her signature mean mug plastered to her face while she watched the kids from the neighborhood run around and play without a care in the world.

Looking at them, it sorta brought back memories of her childhood when she was once a little kid just like them running around the place, creating mischief and not giving a shit.

She wished she could relive those moments, where she was back to being a careless happy little kid who felt like she had the world in the grasp of her hands, well in a sense. Back then she didn't had to be worried or stress out about dealing with an mental illness or whether or not she was going to be mistreated by someone. Not wanting to take a bigger trip down memory lane, she shook her head letting out deep sigh and looked away from the scene.

Checking the time for what seem like the fifth time since she'd been outside, she let out another sigh. It was going on eleven am on this sunday morning and she was there anxiously waiting outside on the mailman to arrive but he was still a no show.

"Aye Rocky " This crackhead that goes by the name Dollas said calling out to her.

"Fuck outta here Dollas, I ain't giving yo ass no money" she said getting irritated; not at him, but the reason behind him calling her rocky.

The fight was two days ago and people was still tripping off it, like they never saw people fought before. She was still a little heated about that day and how Shania really tried her, just to get her ass beat up in the end. Now the video was going viral all over the internet, and at this point she wouldn't be surprised if it made world star either. The whole situation was just stupid and no doubt Ghetto as hell.

At first, she was relieved when she watched the video and saw that whoever recorded it didn't get a good view of her face, and it was all thank to her hair was all over the place that day, it sort of prevented anyone from seeing her face and she was glad. But that thankfulness quickly died down  when the camera turned on Rubi, who instead of hiding her face was too busy smirking all infront of the camera like a damn jackass. Now everyone that watched the video from their neighborhood, already figured out that the other girl in the video with Rubi, was no doubt her. So now they were calling her Rocky.

Her rocky? Pshhh. Flattered and annoyed would be an understament.

"C'mon now Ade, what the hell I do?" he questioned with this hands spread out, looking at her.

Kissing her teeth, she looked at him saying."Noting, but just know I'm that broke...shit I ain't even got a cent to my damn name, so I'm broqué."

Placing his hands on his hips he gived her that ' bitch you a lie ' look and said, "You ain't gotta be so stingy with the change D... I meann, I ain't got a pole or non but I can still shake this ass for that muala" he stated and started shaking his stiff back, making her burst into a fit of laughter.

"Y-you on that shit ain'chu " she asked him between chuckles, Dollas was funny as hell. It was always like this with him asking for money, getting turned down and then doing some off the wall shit to make her laugh.

Looking at him she shook her head wondering when he was gonna get his life back together. He may be just a damn crackhead to people, but to her he was just another being that made a fucked up choice in life. From all the conversations she've had with him in the past, she knew that much that he was an intelligent man before he ended up on the streets. It wasn't like he was ugly either, all the man needed was an rehabilitation centre, a job, a haircut, a bath or four and he was all good.

"I'm not giving you money to buy any of that shit" she told him getting serious.

"Nah I'm hungry D... you hear that? my shit is griping" he said rubbing his stomach that was grumbling.

"Aite hold on" she told him going inside. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed a cup noodle from off the counter that she was going to eat earlier, but didn't had an appetite to stomach it with all the anxiety. Taking a bottle of water from out the fridge she walked over to the pantry to get one of Klay's poptart.

And couldn't help but snickered when she saw that their was only one left in the box. Too bad. she thought shrugging her shoulders as she took the remaining poptart out, leaving the empty box in there knowing he was gonna bitch about it later.

"Here" she said giving Dollas the food.

" G-looks D, you a real one " he told her taking it from her hands "Oh yeah that uglass mail nigga just drop the mail off...told his ass I lived here and he wanna square up, man I almost knocked his buck teeth ass..."

She didn't get to hear the rest of his sentence because she was already walking off at the mention of the mailman. Opening the mail box she took out the mails shuffling through them to see six envelopes and immediately goosebumps raised on her skin.

"Oh shit" she sweared with widened eyes when she saw admitted stamped big on one of the envelopes. Not letting her eyes lingered on it for too long, she locked the mailbox and turned around to see dollas watching at her while he gubble down on his noodles,

"Catch you later Dollas " she told him running inside.

* * * * * * * * *

Pacing the cramped space of her bedroom, she was trying to coach herself to open the envelopes ever since she entered the room, which was over twenty minutes ago. She didn't mean to, but she chickened out the second she closed the door to her room.

"They gotta accept me mane, I worked my ass off bruh, I really did" she coached herself while taking deep breaths cause she could feel a panic attack coming on.

All those sleepless nights and trying to stay focus the next day in school was hard on her, she'd sometimes find herself spacing out in class and not knowing what the hell the teacher was talking about. It was something she couldn't control.

Adela had her days where she was like fuck it, I gave up. Because it was really hard for her to stay motivated when she didn't had anyone by her side to cheer her on. But like always she made it happen, and she pulled through. Like she always do.

Running her hands repeatedly through her kinky curls, she finally calmed down. Only to narrow her eyes at the envelopes wondering why their was only six envelopes and not eight. They always receive mail late so she figured the other two was probably sent by email or through an online portal.

And since her phone wasn't working as good as she thought it would after the little episode incident that occured a month ago, it prevented her from checking her email account because the phone was freezing. But even though colleges send out acceptance letter through email they still send hard copy through the mail.

Shrugging it off, she'll just have to wait for it to come whenever. In the meanwhile though she'll be opening the ones she have now. Picking up the first envelope that had admitted stomped in bold letters, she smiled and tore open the top of the envelope to slide out the letter. Scanning her eyes over the first two sentence of the paper, she squeal jumping up and down happy as hell that she got into one of two universities she was interested in.

"Yasss bitch... I see you" she strutted around the room with her hands on her hips, flipping her hair behind her back feeling like the baddest biddy cause she got accepted into Standford University. "Wheww let me stop playing and open these other five letters" she mumbled walking over to bed to pick up the next envelope toring it open and repeating the same process with the other three.

Now down to one more envelope she examined it seeing that this one was from Columbia University the other main Ivy league college that she had interest in. She was nervous because unlike the others, this one didn't had admitted stamped on it. And that alone made her anxious and curious to know what it say.

There was a slim chance she would be accepted into this university, since her 3.8 GPA score wasn't really in their range but she was hoping that her SAT/ACT score that was in the high fifteen thousands and thirtys would make up for the GPA. Though she didn't make full straight A's, most of the classes she took in highschool were AP classes and that alone shows a student ability to excel in academic challenges. Plus they'd be heartless not to accept her when she went in depth to explain how hard she worked her ass off to maintain a 3.8 GPA score in her condition.

With a huff she tore the top of the envelope off, sliding the paper out while dropping the envelope to the floor. She brought the paper closely up to her face so she wouldn't miss a single word, scanning over the paper she began to read the words out loud to herself.

"Dear Adela James,
On behalf of the Admission and Financial Aid Commitee, it is a pleasure to offer you an admission to Columbia.." with the rest of the sentence trailing off her tongue, Adela blinked her eyes at the paper hoping her eyes wasn't playing tricks on her. Rereading the sentence over again she was stuck on the words 'pleasure to offer you an admission'," Dropping the paper onto the bed she placed a hand onto her chest feeling how hard her heart was thudding against her hand.

"O-oh shiets" she stammered, still in disbelief at the words she just read. Even though she had hope of getting in, she was still silently preparing herself to get rejected, because she wasn't used to good things happening to her at all. But this, this was something else.

"I FUCKING MADE IT, AHHHHHH!! " she screamed not giving a damn about how loud she was being. "I knew you love me big dawg, you was in ya bag with this one man" she said looking up at her ceiling with her eyes closed.

She placed her head onto the wall beside her "What'chu gone do huh? What'chu you gone do about a bad bitch getting accepted.... in two Ivy Leagues school bihhh" she said, talking to wall like it was an actual person.

If someone was to walk in on her right now and saw her talking to the wall, they'd think she'd lost her damn marbles. But her room door was locked so no one could interupt her.

Walking over to the chest of drawers she opened the bottom drawers taking out a small wooden box she had hidden in there, which stored pictures of her parents and her. Opening the box Adela took out a picture with just her parents alone in it, staring at the picture she looked at how her father had his arm wrapped tightly around her mothers waist from behind looking down at her with so much love in his eyes as her mother smiled brightly at the camera.

With a sad smile plastered to her face, she kissed the picture wishing that they were here. "Mama, Papa... I did it. I achieved my short term goal and, and I'm going to college" she said, her voice cracking. Blinking back her tears she layed down on the floor and looked up at the ceiling while she clutched the picture of her parents to her chest tightly.

But of course she couldn't have peaceful moments for too long...

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"AYE!! OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR!!" she heard Klay shout as he continued to bang on the door that was barely hanging onto the hinges.

"I know yo ass took that check Adela"

TO BE CONTINUED...
_______________

Oop

A/N: So let's gyaff loves😌

Lmaokksgdhxjsnb tell me why I just wrote a whole dance & fighting scene?*sniffs in ghetto* I done brought drama to the second chapter bruh, wheww.😂

Andddd, I know for a fact that i'm not the only one who gets ahead of themselves when their writing a fighting scene. I be remembering all the times I done fought and shit.

Also if you see me writing my dance scenes instead of posting a video..please mind ya business💀

But anyways show some love to this chapter and I thank you all so much for reading this far into the book. [ The next update will come when all my chapters get 10 votes and above. Periodtttt.]

So Vote & Comment❤

-Key

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

576 165 21
The teenage period is usually not always easy. You make mistakes, you learn from them. It's like a moulding phase towards adulthood, which tends to b...
358 120 22
Dance. Study. Music. These three things were the center of Gaurangi's life. Everything was good in her life until a storm hit her oh-so-peaceful and...
982K 43.5K 31
Cover by: @Enny101 Christian DeLuca is a very successful businessman with little regard for anyone he doesn't consider family, he's found work and li...
2.8K 156 37
Stacy playfully rolled her eyes and noticed her Gucci flops that she wanted to keep for herself. Faith lifted her leg straight into the air and wigg...