The Witch's Child (Re:zero)

By filip1500

Natsuki Subaru needed help, he didn't know how to overcome the obstacles in the Sanctuary and the mansion. So... More

The Deal
I'll never let you die again
Elsa vs The Devils Son
Roswaal Mansion
Rage
Roswaal Mansion Massacre
Regret
Reconciliation
Extended Bio
Getting Ready for Conflict
Battle against Mabeasts
Explaination
The Start of the Royal Election
Are you perhaps...Pride?
Scars
The Plan
Meeting with Sloth
The White Whale
You're dead...
Mamoru's Envy
Sloth's Demise
Malfunctioning Authority
Heading to the Sanctuary
The Warlock of...
Real or Fake?
Sanctuary
The Witch's Child
Containing Garfiel
Assault on The Mansion
Natsuki Mamoru Vs Lust & Gluttony
Trust
Confusion
Invisible Providence
The Truth
Natsuki Mamoru's Trial
Resolve
Before the Battle
Round Two
Fear
Victory
Who do you think you are to change fate?
The Fear of Vanity
Forced Silence
Happy Conclusion
Daily Life
The Child Maniac
What If? Julius Vs Mamoru
Training
An Interesting Encounter
Discovery
Experiment
Mabeast Transformation
Weirdo
Iris's Parents
Mamoru finds a bottle
Mamoru's Drunk Adventure
Mabeast Trip
Too Young to Drink
Mamoru Vs Iris
Girl Who Lacks Sight
Do you hate me?
Returning to The Mansion
Beginning of Arc 5
Journey to Priestella
Mamoru's Mabeasts INFO
Priestella
Talks with Anastasia
Stroll with an Idiot
Unexpected Reunion
Duel Against Reinhard
Heinkel And The Audacity of This Bi--
Potential Consequences
The Beginning and The End of Wrath
Attack of The Cultists
Delusional Love
Cult Broadcast
Conference Before The Raid
Capella VS Mamoru
Mamoru's Bad Plan
Birth of Lust

Freedom

5.5K 148 97
By filip1500

While Subaru got up right away after he woke up, Mamoru had other plans. Right as he woke up, he muttered something.

Mamoru: Echidna-

And he was once again transported to the world made by Echidna.

.......

Echidna: My, my~ I certainly didn't expect you to do something as big as this without Subaru's permission. Not like he'd ever give you permission to do this kind of thing.

Mamoru:......

He just stared at her, with an emotionless face. After a few seconds, he was about to say something.

Mamoru:....We-

But, something pink flew towards him at great speed, even he couldn't react to what it was.

He got punched straight in the face and he was sent flying a few meters.

But the suprising thing was that the punch didn't hurt at all, it actually was pretty pleasent.

Mamoru: No pain?....ah, right. You seem to be doing well, angry mo-

Minerva: Do i look well?! I'm so angry right now!! You complete idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!

She was stomping the ground while saying that, so the entire dream world was shaking from her foot.

Mamoru:.......

Minerva: I also hate your stupid emotionless state!! It was your own choice to hurt them!! And now your acting all deppressed!!

Mamoru:....well, Father didn't want me to-

Minerva: And whose fault is that?!! Yours!! Didn't you think about the mental damage that that would do to him?!

Mamoru:.....Mental damage? What are you talking about?

Echidna: Hmm....you really don't get it?

Mamoru:.......

He just looked bewildered at Echidna, almost like she said something weird.

Satella: You shouldn't have done that...

Mamoru didn't even notice when Satella came out of the house.

Satella: You hurt his mental health....

Mamoru: Look, i don't know what his "mental health" has to do with this. But-

Echidna: Oh wow, you really don't know?

Mamoru:.....No?

Satella: It would take too long to explain so....Let's give you an example, what are you feeling right now?

Mamoru: Hah?

Satella: How are you feeling after what Subaru told you?

Mamoru:......horrible, obviously.

Satella: Right. So, how might Subaru be feeling after you killed very important people to him?

Mamoru: But, Rem was going to murder him aga-

Satella: Right. What about Ram?

Mamoru:....Well....she did make him jump off a cliff in one-

Satella: Then, what about Beatrice?

Mamoru:....Well......

.........

.........

He actually didn't know why....was it because he killed Ram and Rem anyway?

Daphne: Oh! This is the first time i've seen you, alive atleast.

Mamoru: Hm? Are you already done eating, Mother?

Daphne: Nope! But i figured that this would be interesting!

Mamoru: I see....

.........

Mamoru: Look. I came here for some advice on how to beat this current predicament.

Minerva: How about you don't do what you did again?!

Mamoru: Yea, i know that much. By the way...Where's small Mom?

Echidna: She's in the house with Sekhmet.

Mamoru:....Why?

Echidna: To make sure that she won't take one of your arms as "compensation"

Mamoru's eyes widen a bit at that fact.

Mamoru: Ah.....And shy Mom?

Carmilla: I-I've been h-here for a w-while....

Mamoru: Ah, right. Please speak up next time.

Carmilla:.....

Mamoru looked back at Echidna.

Mamoru: So? Any ideas on how to overcome this predicament?

Carmilla: W-Well....Y-you should p-probably t-try and s-stay a-away from R-Rem as S-Subaru told y-you....

.........

After a few seconds....Mamoru turned to look at Carmilla so quickly, that it almost gave him whiplash.

Mamoru: Huh? That's it?

He looked really bewildered. As if she just said the craziest thing in the world.

Carmilla: W-well....yes....

Minerva: Why do you look so bewildered?

Mamoru: W-well...That can't be it, right?!

Echidna:...No, that should do it. The reason Rem came after you in the first loop, was because of the fact she smelled the giant miasma on you. In the second loop, you let her smell you, since you wanted to kill her anyway. Though it's still suprising that you disobeyed Subaru's order.

While she was explaining all this, Mamoru's mouth stood wide open.

Echidna:....You really didn't even think about that, did you?

Mamoru:.....Well, it doesn't matter now. Father told me he doesn't want to see me again.

Echidna: Is that so? What do you plan to do then once you go back to the mansion?

Mamoru: I'll kill myself, obviously.

...........

...........

All of the Witches present, were suprised to hear this. How little does this boy value his own life.

Minerva: Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait! That's a bit much, isn't it?! Didn't we JUST give you the easiest solution for this current problem?!

Mamoru: Well, i already failed my mission, right? There's not much point to this now. Also, Father doesn't want to see me again.

Satella: And, what makes you think that?

Mamoru: He said it himself, why would he ever forgive me?

Satella: Why would he ever forgive Rem, after she killed him so many times?

Mamoru was about to say something but....he couldn't, the question was. Why would his Father forgive that blue haired girl after what she did to him?

Mamoru:.....

Echidna: That guy....really is special, not in a good way, but still.

No one noticed, but Satella was visibly upset at that statement.

Mamoru: W-well....

Minerva: Also, if i remember correctly, at the end of that loop, Subaru found you and tried to tell you something. Even after he told you to never come near him again.

Mamoru:.......

Even though he looked away in shame, his eyes did regain some of the light they once had. Since now, there was hope for him to fix everything.

Mamoru:....I guess i should go now....

Echidna: Sure, sure.

She snapped her fingers, and Mamoru's vision slowly went white. And then, Mamoru dissapeared from the dream world.

.........

Minerva: Wait a minute....You knew this would happen!!

She points her finger at Echidna.

Echidna: What could you possibly mean?

Minerva: Your piece of "advice" from last time! "Everything won't be the same as before" You knew he would try something like this.

Echidna:....I'll be completly honest with you. I only thought he'd hurt that blue haired girl a bit, i didn't think he'd kill all of the mansions residents.

Minerva:....I doubt it.

Echidna:.....

Carmilla:...U-um...Isn't it a-a bit o-our fault f-for this w-whole deal...?

Minerva: Huh? What makes you say that?

Carmilla: W-well....W-we created a-a c-child with our own p-powers....and the only t-thing we give him i-is S-Subaru's memories....and in those m-memories...are his own d-deaths...

......

Carmilla: S-So...Combine M-Mamoru's personality, the multiple witch factors and his d-desire to protect S-Subaru....

......

Satella:.....So...The moment something happens to Subaru....or worse....if Subaru tells him to leave him alone forever....his mind might snap....

Echidna: And combine the fact our powers aren't great for ones mind. It just makes him unpredictable.

Satella: Right....GHK-?!

Suddenly, Satella grabbed her head in pain.

Minerva: Satella?!

Satella: W-Why now?

Echidna:.....Envy?

Currently, the Witch of Envy was trying to take over Satella's body for some reason. Satella had a split personality disorder. After all, it wasn't actually Satella that tried to destroy the world, but The Witch of Envy.

*meanwhile*

Mamoru:.....Why am i not back yet?

.........

Mamoru:....Echidna!

........

Nothing, he was standing in pure darkness. There was nothing in sight, and no light.

???: You failed...

Mamoru: Who-....ah, right...Envy....

Envy: You failed to protect my Subaru.

Mamoru: Yea, i noticed it too. I'll go fix it.

Envy: Why should i trust you now with protecting him?

Mamoru: I'm the best option, right? It's not like you managed to really help him. You just made him suffer.

Envy got enraged by that.

Envy: I'm the only reason he's alive!!

Mamoru: Your also the reason he hates himself so much.

.........

Mamoru:...Can i go now?

She said nothing, as right after he woke up in the bed he shared with Subaru alone and without the maids standing by.

Mamoru:...How much time has passed now?

Mamoru exited the room and walked towards the nearest door.

Mamoru: Hey, Beatrice? I know you can hear me. Let me into your library and i'll tell you how i know about The Witch of Greed.

He waited for about 3 seconds....and then he opened the door.

The first thing he saw, was a dusty library with a little girl sitting on a stepladder.

Mamoru: This is kinda the first time we've me-

Beatrice: How do you know about her?

She asked in a threatening tone.

Mamoru: Before i start my explaination. Let me sit down.

He closed the door and sat down on a couple of Unseen hands but to Beatrice, it looked like he was sitting in mid-air.

Mamoru: Now then, your first question was about how i know her, right?

Beatrice: Yes, and it would be better for you to answer me truthfully, i suppose.

She still had that threatening tone on her.

Mamoru: Right. Obviously i would now about her, since i've spoken to her.

Beatrice: Liar! She's already dead, in fa-

Mamoru: Is she really the kind of person that would just dissapear? Even in death? Our Mother is pretty smart, you know~

Beatrice was thinking about what Mamoru told her...It is true, she would be that kind of person....wait...."Mother"?

Beatrice:...."Our" Mother?

Mamoru: That's right, she was the one that h-

Beatrice: Stop telling me these lies!

He ignored her and continued talking.

Mamoru: That helped the other Witches create me.

Beatrice:....You...know about the others?

Mamoru: Of course.

Beatrice:.....You....have the Witches scent on you.

Mamoru: Right.

Beatrice: You've made a contract with one of the Witches....No, with multiple Witches...

Mamoru: That's correct i've made a contract with six of them. You can guess which one of them isn't in the con-

Beatrice: That's impossible! Even if the their minds somehow survive, they shouldn't be able to make a contact without outside help!

Mamoru: That's where Father comes in.

Beatrice:....Father? You're talking about that boy, right?! Why would Mother help him at all?!

Mamoru: She wants to know everything in this world, all the possible outcomes. That is the nature of her Greedy personality.

Beatrice is completely shocked and confused. She didn't know if she should believe this kid infront of her.

Beatrice:...What are the names of the other Witches?

Mamoru:....Witch of Sloth, Sekhmet. Witch of Pride, Typhon. Witch of Lust. Carmilla. Witch of Greed, Echidna. Witch of Wrath, Minerva. And lastly, Witch of Gluttony. Daphne.

Beatrice couldn't be more shocked.

Mamoru: Although, most of my body was created by Daphne's hand.

.......

Beatrice:.....No.....Way......

Beatrice's eyes widen. This person right here....it could be "him"

Beatrice:....Mamoru....Are you....?

Her eyes become tearful, "hope" fills her soul as she desires only one answer from him.

Beatrice: Are you...."That" person...?

.....

There was a few seconds of silence...until, Mamoru smiled and said.

Mamoru: Yes. I am "that" person.

While she wants to be happy, she still doesn't know if this is actually true, if she could just get some kind of sign from Mo-

Beatrice: Mother?!

She felt it. Something new was written in her Gospel.

She quickly ran over to the step ladder and grabbed the Gospel from inside it.

She opened it.....and after a few seconds of reading....she started crying...not out of sadness or anything. But out of happiness.

Beatrice: Finally!! After 400 years....the contract...has finally been fullfield....

Mamoru: It's been rough, right? 400 years of being here. So come with me now, alright?

Beatrice: Right, Betty will now hand you this library over to you and will help you with anything, i suppose.

Mamoru: To be honest, not sure what i'm going to use this library for...I really only wanted to release you from here.

Beatrice face becomes a little bit red from that.

Beatrice: You really wanted Betty's cuteness that much? Pretty desprate man you are, i suppose.

Mamoru: Ah, this is the "Tsundere" i saw in Father's memories. Also, we're kinda siblings, so call me...Mamoru-chan!......wait, man? I'm still a child like you, ya know?

Beatrice: Wha?! You know perfectly well that i'm over 400 years old!

Mamoru: Yea, yea. Just messing with ya! Anyway, i'll call you...Beako!!

Beatrice: T-That's fine, i suppose!

*meanwhile*

Subaru was walking towards the room where he woke up in. He wanted to find Mamoru.

Though, the current sight ahead of him....is....really shocking...to say the least.

Beatrice and Mamoru were talking to eachother and it really looked like Beatrice was really happy. Which was suprising Subaru.

Subaru: Mamoru....

Mamoru stopped in his tracks almost instantly. He suddenly started sweating.

Subaru: Mind if we talk for a second.

Mamoru:....*sigh* Beako? Mind letting me and Father talk alone?

While she didn't want to leave Mamoru right after he freed her from he library. She took notice how sad and serious Mamoru was, so she obliged.

Subaru and Mamoru went into one of the spare rooms together. They sat down and Mamoru said one thing.

Mamoru: So? What now?

About 2200 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 109 37
Demons from another realm comes from their home to get another human exchange student, but what they didn't know was this human was gonna change thei...
5.2K 117 15
What if Subaru is not the only one who remembers the loops what if rem and Reinhard also remember all of the times Subaru died how will they help him...
113 4 2
What if during the second trial Subaru also witnesses some of the Ayamatsu If. After all, is it not an unthinkable present? Demoralized, and on the v...
Re:Cursed By

Adventure

34.1K 1.1K 20
Y/N: CAN I GET A REDO PLSS!!!. Dark: Nope. Y/N: WHY?!, It was all good I got my isekai cheat skill and I got to design how I look like in the end all...