ALPHA JOSIAH

By Giavannih

Jissyn, has been dismissing anonymous emails for an entire year. However, things start to spiral out of cont... More

THE ALPHA SERIES
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 20

258 15 5
By Giavannih

It's been a couple of days since leaving alpha Zokris's empire. I haven't really seen Josiah since his fight with Ades. Even on our way back to his empire he wasn't present. According to Bella he decided to fly alone. Since arriving I've been getting threats from Kika due to not being able to work this weekend due to a dinner party I have to attend in part of the empire.

I'm currently sitting contemplating on ways to deal with Kira. I really need to be out from Wolfa's nightclub before I get caught, but with being in the same empire it's quite difficult. Many times I've thought of just coming clean with Josiah in hopes that he can help me out with Kira, but then I hold back knowing that'll make me look low. I fear I might lose what I've worked so hard to gain. I must figure another way without Josiah finding out.

The phone rings causing me to jump from the sudden noise. I stand up to pick up the phone unsure of who would be calling at this time.

"Hello," I confusedly answer.

"I've lost it all Jissyn," a familiar voice sobs.

"Father Nicolaj?," I question.

"Alpha Josiah has officially tore down the orphanage," he says expressing extreme sadness. I stay silent for a moment knowing this would eventually come. However, for some reason it's hitting stronger now that it's been done.

"I'm on my way," I hastily respond before hanging up grabbing my keys.

-
-

"The children," father Nicolaj breathes completely broken. It takes a lot in me to hold it together. From seeing father Nicolaj devastated to seeing the empty lot where there was once a orphanage. Many times I visited the building to see the children. During the holiday seasons I always took it upon myself to make goodie bags and purchase gifts for them. Seeing the children smiles warmed my heart every time. Some love art, others love sports, others love books. The children have dreams, dreams of their own.

"This isn't right," I murmur as all of the faces of the children run through my mind. My heart drops down to my stomach as I feel guilty. I've got distracted with my modeling contract that I let this whole disciplinary facility slip behind my mind.

"I gotta go," I say as I look at the time. It's late, but not that late I need to speak with Josiah.

"He's the alpha Jissyn," father Nicolaj utters as I continue on to signal for a taxi. I ignore father Nicolaj as I enter the taxi. I shake the guilt off of me knowing I failed those kids. How did I become so passive?

-
-

"Jissyn, it's late go home," Bella tiredly says.

"This can't wait Bella. I need to speak with him now," I respond.

Bella glares at me for a moment before saying, "I don't know who you think you are Jissyn, but you need to learn your place. I'm onto you."

"Excuse me?," I snap back completely confused by her comment. She glares at me and as soon as she goes to open her mouth Josiah walks in.

"What's going on here?"

"I need to have a word with you. It's of importance," I say beating Bella to it. Josiah crunches his brows confused on what could possibly bring me at this time to his home. However, he signals for Bella to let me in, which as much as it boiled her blood she did.  I follow behind Josiah as he takes us into his office.

"Take a seat," he calmly says as he sits on his chair across from me. "So tell me what's of importance?," he adds.

"You can't proceed with your plans. You need to rebuild the orphanage," I bluntly say.

"Excuse me?," Josiah raises a brow.

"You can't take away the children's home and completely change their entire life. They have their own dreams their own interests. Being combatants isn't for all. They have a right to choose what they want to become in this life," I explain.

"Look Jissyn I know what is best for those children," he responds.

"How do you know what's best for them if you've never taken the time to get to know them?," I raise a brow.

"I'm not going to discuss this any further," he bluntly responds.

"Well it's time that you should as this empire doesn't just consist of you living here," I say without any second thoughts on my words. Josiah seems a bit taken back by my blunt response as silence fills the room.

Suddenly, Bella bursts through the door saying, "you're needed immediately, a she-wolf by the name of Lorella has been detained breaking into Angel-Wolf Agency."

"Lorella?," I utter wondering if it's the same she-wolf I know.

"I have to get going. I suggest you go home," Josiah says as he stands up from his chair ready to head out. As soon as he said that I receive a phone call from the police station.

"Hello," I say immediately into the phone.

"Good evening, Jissyn this is officer Dickens from the empire's police station. Your friend Lorella gave me your contact information who's been detained for breaking into a private property and for robbery," the officer informs me.

"She did what?!," I shockingly say as I try to wrap my mind onto what is being said to me.

"Typical," Bella huffs.

"As you heard, trespassing and robbery. For more information you are welcome to come to the station tomorrow during business hours," officer Dickens states as he soon hangs up before I could say anything else. Typical treatment for the lower class.

"I'm coming with you," I instantly say to Josiah.

"That isn't necessary," he says before I cut him off.

"I'm all she has, so I'm going," I sternly say as I walk out of his office.

-
-

I'm currently in the waiting room waiting for Josiah or anyone for that matter to give me more information on what's going to happen with Lorella. I'm still in complete shock that she would do something like this. Why would she do this? Especially to the agency we've worked hard in?

It makes no sense.

Was she in need of help? Why didn't she just contact me?

"Jissyn," Lorella murmurs lowly breaking me from my thoughts. 

"Why?," I immediately question still in disbelief this is even the situation we're in.

"I needed money for my treatment," she huffs as if she's been holding this for some time, which immediately concern me and at the same time so much confusion fogs up my mind.

"Treatment? For what?," I crease my dark brows together.

"I-I have osteosarcoma cancer," Lorella's voice cracks no longer being able to keep strong. My heart drops down to my stomach suddenly feeling completely nauseous. I find myself hugging Lorella as she sobs uncontrollably.

"When? Why haven't you told me?," I question on the verge of breaking down myself. I've never had anyone close to me diagnosed with cancer. It's crazy how you hear and know about this deadly disease, but when it strikes someone you care about it completely freezes you not knowing how to help.

"A month ago, I'm stage 4," she breathes between sobs. I stay silent processing what she has just said to me before saying, "I'm so sorry Lorella."

"I will help you with your treatment. We will get through this. You will be okay in the name of the moon god," I say.

"Times up," officer Dickens utters as he steps inside the room with handcuffs. Lorella and I both back away from one another as we face Dickens.

"How much for the bail?," I ask as I watch him place the handcuffs onto Lorella's wrists.

"No bail, this is a serious crime and will need to go to the courthouse," he informs me.

"This is absurd, she has a health condition that needs immediate care," I argue. However, I'm ignored as officer Dickens takes Lorella out of the room leaving me all alone to argue with walls.

There's no way I can allow this to happen. Lorella's life is hanging by a string and needs to be treated as soon as possible. I will talk to Mr. jurisdiction himself if I have to. Therefore, I decide to exit the waiting room and go speak with the receptionist in the front desk asking to speak with Josiah.

"Sorry mam, but you will need to make an appointment during business hours," the receptionist informs me.

"I just came in with the alpha earlier. I don't need no appointment. I know he's still here and I need to speak with him regarding Lorella's case. It's an emergency considering her health condition," I respond. The receptionist chews her gum with a bored face expression. I can tell she doesn't like her job and is only doing this to maintain herself. She also doesn't give the slightest care about Lorella's health.

"Look mam, there's regulations when it comes to this sort of matters. You may work under the alpha, but that doesn't give you any privileges do you understand that?," she bluntly says as she blows a pink bubble of her gum until it erupts.

"Funny you say that when I'm aware if I was a high class resident this wouldn't be the same conversation we would be having would we?," I raise a brow.

"You wanted to see me?," Josiah appears from behind us.

"Yes, I need to speak to you about my friend," I respond facing Josiah. Josiah takes a moment to think about what I just presented to him before he signals for me to follow him, which I do.

I've never been this far in the police station, so as I pass by I can't help, but almost be mesmerized by how many authorities this place consists of. As I pass by all eyes are on me in an unpleasant manner. However, they won't dare say anything due to their alpha being present.

Once we go into a big office all the way in the back of the hallway I assume is Josiah's office. I go ahead and take a seat as he closes the door behind us.

"So tell me about your friend," he says as he takes a seat on his chair across from me.

"I know what she did was so wrong, but it was out of desperation. She has stage 4 cancer and is in need of treatment. I know that isn't an excuse for her actions, but all she needs is a second chance. Please Josiah, she's a good she-wolf and this was just a huge mistake. She perhaps can do community service or something," I say all in one breathe. Josiah just stares at me in silence, which in a way has me feeling a bit awkward. It's so hard to read him. I have no idea of what he's possibly thinking or even feeling at the moment. I know what I'm asking for is a lot, but I can only try my best in the hope that Josiah can sympathize a bit.

"She committed a crime, so she must pay for it," he blankly responds. This has me completely frozen as his words exit from his mouth. Did he hear anything I just said to him? Did I expect for him to actually sympathize with my people? I feel a huge rage that is starting to become uncontrollable. This moment reminded me of what I always thought and felt about this wolf. How could I forget? All this time of working with him completely blinded me from who he really is.

"You're a horrible alpha such a disgrace to this empire," I seethe slamming my fist against the table no longer being able to control my rage.

"Excuse me?," alpha Josiah abruptly stands up sending the chair back flying across the room.

"You heard me. Let me guess, I'm going to get arrested too? You privileged asshole," I scoff tauntingly as officials immediately make their presence known.

His navy blue eyes darkens assimilating how angry he is. The way his jaw and fists are clenched right now while he stares me down is enough to make me tremble from intimidation. However, I hold my posture not wanting to at all show any weakness. Before officials grab my arms ready to escort me out of here I decide to say one more thing. The very thing I've always felt since I experienced the cruelty and unfairness of this empire. The division that makes this empire lower than my other empire.

"I hate alphas like you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82K 3.3K 36
Goddess of Ice, Alyja has always dreamed of the day she find her mate, but what happens when everything she had hoped for is the complete opposite? ...
202K 5.1K 97
"You will submit to me!" He growled, clenching his jaw as he glared down at me. I raised a brow and looked him dead in the eyes "No 'Alpha'." I smirk...
260K 17.9K 61
🐥🐰 : Pure Fiction 🖤 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : "Do you think I'm scared because I'm a virgin" Jungk...
81.7K 5.2K 22
Jeon Jungkook is a true blood alpha; he's not your typical alpha. He finally discovered his love, having looked for her for nearly a decade. Ten year...