The Witch's Child (Re:zero)

By filip1500

Natsuki Subaru needed help, he didn't know how to overcome the obstacles in the Sanctuary and the mansion. So... More

The Deal
I'll never let you die again
Elsa vs The Devils Son
Roswaal Mansion
Rage
Roswaal Mansion Massacre
Freedom
Reconciliation
Extended Bio
Getting Ready for Conflict
Battle against Mabeasts
Explaination
The Start of the Royal Election
Are you perhaps...Pride?
Scars
The Plan
Meeting with Sloth
The White Whale
You're dead...
Mamoru's Envy
Sloth's Demise
Malfunctioning Authority
Heading to the Sanctuary
The Warlock of...
Real or Fake?
Sanctuary
The Witch's Child
Containing Garfiel
Assault on The Mansion
Natsuki Mamoru Vs Lust & Gluttony
Trust
Confusion
Invisible Providence
The Truth
Natsuki Mamoru's Trial
Resolve
Before the Battle
Round Two
Fear
Victory
Who do you think you are to change fate?
The Fear of Vanity
Forced Silence
Happy Conclusion
Daily Life
The Child Maniac
What If? Julius Vs Mamoru
Training
An Interesting Encounter
Discovery
Experiment
Mabeast Transformation
Weirdo
Iris's Parents
Mamoru finds a bottle
Mamoru's Drunk Adventure
Mabeast Trip
Too Young to Drink
Mamoru Vs Iris
Girl Who Lacks Sight
Do you hate me?
Returning to The Mansion
Beginning of Arc 5
Journey to Priestella
Mamoru's Mabeasts INFO
Priestella
Talks with Anastasia
Stroll with an Idiot
Unexpected Reunion
Duel Against Reinhard
Heinkel And The Audacity of This Bi--
Potential Consequences
The Beginning and The End of Wrath
Attack of The Cultists
Delusional Love
Cult Broadcast
Conference Before The Raid
Capella VS Mamoru
Mamoru's Bad Plan
Birth of Lust

Regret

5.8K 170 50
By filip1500

Mamoru was staring at Roswaal's corpse....for some reason, he didn't feel satisfied, not at all. The more he looked at him, the more pissed he got.

He always hated this man, even though Subaru didn't know yet. In the Sanctuary, Roswaal was the one who had sent Elsa and Meili towards the mansion.

He wasn't even told that information. Just by looking into Subaru's memories, he could tell that Roswaal was the one responsible.

It really just shows how capable Mamoru is. He was also quite cunning, after all, he had defeated the greatest magician in Luginica without getting hurt.

And now that he was standing, staring at his dead body....he felt rage, the fact that because of Roswaal's actions, he knowingly killed his Father multiple times.

Even though Roswaal was already dead, Mamoru used the [Unseen hands] to start ripping him limb from limb, muscle from muscle and even bone from bone.

For anyone watching this, it would look like Mamoru was glaring at a corpse that was being torn apart by nothing.

At the end of it, you could barely tell if the corpse on the ground was human or not. Mamoru was also completely covered in blood.

Mamoru:....*sigh* that's a bit better...i should find Father now. Especially since it's getting a bit hard to breathe....

While this was happening, the mansion was still on fire and it was spreading at a rapid pace.

*meanwhile*

Subaru: W-what the hell is t-this?!!

Subaru and Emilia were standing infront of Ram's room. That room was filled with the corpses of Rem, Ram and the dress of Beatrice.

Subaru: How?! How?! This never happened before....so...how?!

But then, Subaru thought of something. Back in the Sanctuary, Roswaal had made it snow to bring the Great Rabbit and to control Subaru.

So maybe, just maybe. If the existance of Mamoru contradicts the Gospel, then Roswaal might have done something to force Subaru to Return by Death. But what's the point of killing them then?!

Then, as Subaru was about to say something to Emilia, but then he heard footsteps coming their way.

He quickly turned around to face this new threat, but the one walking towards them was none other than Natsuki Mamoru.

He smiled and waved at them.

Mamoru had a plan in mind. He was going to murder most of the Roswaal residents and blame it on something else. Normally, for someone as cunning as Mamoru, he'd be able to get away with it.

But because of the rage he felt towards Roswaal, he made a grave mistake.

He completely forgot about the blood on him.

Emilia: a-ah! Your bleeding!

She quickly ran up to him, but then she noticed. He didn't have a single injury and yet he had alot of blood on him.

It didn't take long for Subaru to figure out what's going on. It makes complete sense if you think about it.

Ever since this loop started, Mamoru has been acting strangely and if Mamoru's top priority is to protect Subaru at all cost. Then it could have easily been him. After all, he has the power to do it and he is a creation by the witches.

The witches have good intentions, but they always make things worse. If we put the same logic on Mamoru, then killing everyone in the mansion to protect Subaru would be with good intention, but it ruins everything.

Subaru:.....Mamoru? D-did you d-do this?

Mamoru:.....no, no, no. It was Roswaal.

Subaru:....Roswaal?

Subaru was very skeptical, but he did consider that possibility.

Subaru:....so, the b-blood on you is?

Mamoru:....Roswaal, of course. He started killing everyone in the mansion, he was also talking about his gospel.

Emilia: G-gospel?!

Mamoru: Yea.

Subaru:......So, to put it simpily, Roswaal started to kill......

........

.......

Mamoru:....Father?

Subaru: Ghk-

He started crying, he doesn't want to keep looking at what's in Ram's room, he can't bring himself to say that Rem, Ram and Beatrice have died.

Mamoru was frankly confused, he didn't understand why Subaru would cry over what he considered, worthless sacks of shit, with the exception of Beatrice.

Mamoru:........*sigh*.....yes, he did kill them all. When i found him in this room, he fired Al Goa at me and the mansion started to burn.

........

Because of Subaru's mental state right now, he takes that as fact, but someone else doesn't.

Emilia:....b-but the f-fire started upstairs....right?

Mamoru: gh-!

Because of Mamoru's confusion at the fact Subaru was crying and the fact he was slightly panicking, so he quickly made something up and it's backfiring.

Mamoru: W-well, about that.....

........

........

Silence......

Subaru:....Mamoru.

Mamoru:......ye-

Subaru: Right now, i want you to tell me the whole truth, no lies, no bullshit.

His Father sounded dead serious. It was actually kind of scary.

Mamoru:.........

Subaru:.....Tell me, were you the one who killed the residents here?

Mamoru:.............
..........
..........

Subaru: ANSWER ME!!

Mamoru shook a little bit.

Mamoru:........yes.....

Emilia: W-why?! Why would you kill them?!

She said that as she got ready to use magic.

Mamoru:.....did you know, that they wanted to kill me and Father?

Emilia: Huh?!

Mamoru: It was frankly obvious. I even saw Rem getting her morningstar rea-

Subaru: I COULDN'T CARELESS ABOIT THAT!!

Mamoru: H-huh?! Wait, why are you screa-

Subaru: I CAN TELL THAT EVEN DEEP DOWN, THERE ARE AMAZING PEOPLE HERE!! BUT YOU!! YOU!! DECIDE THAT YOU MIGHT ASWELL KILL THEM IN THE WORST WAY POSSIBLE!!

Mamoru: h-h-hold o-on....p-please c-calm do-

Subaru: CALM DOWN?!! AFTER THE FACT YOU KILLED REM, RAM AND BEATRICE?! HOW COULD I POSSIBLY DO THAT?!

Mamoru: b-but t-they t-tried to k-kill y-

Subaru: YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!! EVEN IF REM TRIED TO KILL ME, I KNOW I COULD GET HER TO TRUST ME EVENTUALLY!!

Mamoru: but-

Subaru: AND YOU KILLED RAM AND BEATRICE, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE KILLED ME LIKE THAT, YOU KNOW THAT TOO, RIGHT?!!

Mamoru:.....pl-

Subaru: NO!! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR SHIT FROM YOU!! DON'T COME FUCKING NEAR EVER AGAIN!! YOU HEAR ME?!!

Mamoru:....a-h.....

.........

.........

Mamoru:.....i....do...n't....get.....it....

Mamoru looked down and covered his face.

Mamoru:.....why? I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it.

........

........

He looked up, face full of tears.

Mamoru: I SERIOUSLY DON'T GET IT!!

And then, he ran. In the other direction, towards the part of the mansion where it's burning.

Emilia: W-wait!!

But he ran, while running he constanly muttered to himself......why?

*later*

Mamoru was standing in the middle of a room, everything around him was burning. Soon, the fire would reach him. But that's what he wanted. After all of this, he failed. He couldn't even do one thing right. He couldn't even do the one thing he was made to do......protect Subaru.

All he wanted....is to die.

But then, the burning door opened.

Subaru: Tsk- that's hot!

Mamoru was to say the least....confused.   Didn't he just say that he never wanted to see him again.....

But, as Subaru was about to speak. The roof collapsed. Because of the fire, the wooden roof collaped like it was nothing, right on top of Subaru.

...........

............

............

*Natsuki Subaru has died*

A bit more than 1300 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 117 15
What if Subaru is not the only one who remembers the loops what if rem and Reinhard also remember all of the times Subaru died how will they help him...
412 12 8
This is basically if oboreru subaru was in the classroom of the elite also this based on the classroom of the elite alter self test book Go read th...
6.9K 111 23
In this story it takes place right after season 2 of re:zero After Subaru was hit by Otto knocking some sense into him. Then out of nowhere an unsusp...
1.7K 61 1
The Witch of Envy decided to capture Subaru's love and affection by whatever means necessary. No matter how cruel and evil. He must be hers. Emilia n...