An Undeniable Bond

By Rrhythm2

Raina Richardson- Architect, has always been a straight A student and a spoilt rich girl. She is happy with h... More

Chapter 1: Don't Go
Chapter 2: What if you get into trouble?
Chapter 3: Is she okay?
Chapter 4: I am sorry
Chapter 5: But what do I get in return?
Chapter 6: Why are you blushing?
Chapter 7: Kiss her!
Chapter 8: No one can take your place.
Chapter 9: I suggest you save your energy, princess.
Chapter 10: Missed me?
Chapter 12: I Love You

Chapter 11: What did you just call me?

62 4 0
By Rrhythm2

Raina's pov:

I couldn't believe what happened in the last few seconds. One moment I was on the ladder full of fear, expecting a nasty fall and the next moment I was safe in someone's strong arms. And I couldn't be more thankful that I survived this without breaking my skull.

There was only one problem though. I was saved by the person I had starting despising within 24 hours of our first meeting. Spectacle Boy.

"You are still under shock." His words brought me to back from my thoughts. I looked at him and found him smirking. This boy I tell you. I cringed realizing that he was still holding me.

"Put me down."

"But.."

"I said put me down."

"As you wish princess." He made me stand on the ground slowly.

I winced in pain as soon as my foot made contact with my ground. I limped my way to the nearest study table and sat down. I glanced at my foot which had started swelling. My shoulder was no better.

Today is an unlucky day for me. I sighed.

I lifted my gaze to see the boy and observed that he was in an outfit entirely different from his morning one. He was wearing ripped jeans and a white t-shirt that clinked to his biceps. And no spectacles. His outfit confirmed my suspicion. Of course it was a setup.

My phone buzzed and I took it out of my pocket. I sighed reading the message, another one offering me a credit card.

I looked up again to ask the guy standing in front of me, one of the thousand questions I had in mind. But he was gone. I turned around in the chair to look
for him but he was nowhere.

Great. He just vanished.

Again.

I could think of nothing else but going back home. But the question was how?

I instantly rejected the idea of calling Sharon. I didn't want her to worry about me, more than she already did.

I somehow limped out of the library and managed to walk only three steps when I tripped on nothing and started falling face first in the floor.

Before I could touch the floor, I felt something wrap around my waist and I was pushed against a hard wall.

"Hey, careful miss." The wall said.

Huh?

I carefully turned around to see that it was a guy not a wall.

Are you kidding me? What is my life now? A wattpad novel?? Where in some cliché story, a girl is bullied by everyone in high school and her knight in shining armour rescues her. I cringed at the thought.

But this is reality. And it was not high school, it was college and that too not my college. For the love of God I was NOT A STUDENT.

Anyway.

It wasn't just some guy. It was Steven. My sister's boyfriend. My Angel.

"Angel?"

"If you say so." He said while helping me lean against the wall and he himself stood against the pillar in front of me, with folded hands maintaining a decent amount of distance from me.

There was an awkward silence between us until Angel decided to break it. "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

I seriously didn't want to talk about it. On seconds thoughts, I feel that I would not get selected for the project and therefore I won't have to come back to this place again. So all this would be irrelevant once I am out of here. I slowly shook my head in no.

He let out a sigh. "Do you want to go home?"

I nodded not wanting to speak.

"Fine. Let's go. I'll drop you" He offered to help me walk outside the building and I more than willingly accepted.

He put my left arm around his neck and wrapped his right arm around my waist and we walked together to the parking.

I did wince a couple of times for which I received a concerned look from Steven but he didn't say anything. We sat in his car and my stomach grumbled loudly as the car exited the parking lot. Guess who was hungry? I blush crept on my face when I saw Angel stealing a glance.

A few minutes passed and he pulled up to a McDonald's drive through.

"No, it's no need Angel. I mean Steven. We can directly go home." I said in a rush.

Stop calling him Angel, stupid girl.

"I am hungry." He interrupted instantly without looking bothered by how I kept addressing him.

He ordered two large burgers , large fries and two milkshakes. I just stared at him with my mouth open.

"What? I have a healthy appetite." He snorted. There was so much I wanted to say to his statement but I chose to keep quiet.

He kept on eating while driving without even asking me.

Okay. Okay. He asked me once but it won't hurt to offer a second time.

He had already finished the burger and was on his second milkshake. I was staring at him drooling at the food.

"You don't know what you are missing?" He said finishing the last french fry.

I know. I most definitely know.

I missed some junk food that looked mouth watering and that too when I was damn hungry.

I gave him an angry expression to which he chuckled.

Ugghh. Angel was being a devil right now.

"Here." He spoke extending his hand which was holding a 'bounty' bar.

I didn't respond. I already missed the burger and fries. Might as well miss this.

"I know you're hungry. Take it before I change my mind." He said with a serious look.

Without thinking further, I grabbed the bar. Within a second I ripped the packaging and took a big bite.

Mmmm... Heaven.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"No problem chipmunk."

"What did you just call me?"

"What? Only you can give me nicknames? You called me Angel more than a couple of times. It's only fair that I give you a nickname too."

"So you called me chipmunk?"

"Well you eat like one." He said looking at me and puffed his cheeks to reiterate that I resembled a monkey while eating.

"Don't you ever call me tha........hey watch out Steven." I shouted on seeing a truck coming in our direction.

Steven immediately looked in front to see the vehicle coming towards us in high speed. He hurriedly steered the car in the other direction and we escaped the collision by a hair. He pressed the brakes immediately after we came to the side of the road.

"Oh my God. Are you are okay, Raina?" Steven asked gazing at me, checking my arms, knees and entire body for any signs of injury.

I was in a state of shock.

"I am so sorry. I wasn't paying attention. Are you hurt? Huh?"

I just shook my head.

"Thank God." He breathed a sigh of relief.

"That truck driver. How the hell was he driving? And that too in the wrong lane." He cursed looking at the rear view mirror only to find the truck gone.

"He's gone. Let's go from here." I said in a low tone.

"But how could he-? Should have noted his number plate."

"Please take me home." I said interrupting him.

Steven stared at me but I didn't look at him once. I guess he sensed that I was bothered.

"Relax, Raina." He finally spoke. "I am dropping you home. And I am going to drive slowly and carefully. Okay?"

On getting no affirmative response, he started the car and rest of the journey was spent in silence.

We reached my house in half an hour.

"Thanks for dropping me home Steven. See you" I said stepping out of the car in a hurry. I didn't want to there for a second.

"Wait." He said coming out of the car.

I stopped in my tracks hearing his voice.

"Is anyone else home?" He asked.

"I guess not. Sharon is in college and the house helps have an off day."

"Let me come with you."

"Steven, I'll be fine. You don't need to bother."

"No I insist. I promise I'll leave as soon as Sharon comes back home."

"Alright, let's go inside." I said giving up on the argument.

It's gonna be a long day.

Author's Note:

Hey Readers,

Please do vote and comment on the story if you like it. It'll be motivating for me to continue.🧡

Edit: Thank you for 500 reads.
Target - 3 likes on this chapter for next update.💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

598K 18.1K 50
All she ever wanted was someone who can love her, understand her and respect her but destiny has something else stored. All her life she prayed for o...
2.4K 189 35
ABHISHEK NIGAM AND VAISHNAVI RAO From strangers to classmates. From classmates to friends. From friends to best friends. From best friends to girl...
774 27 18
Love can hurt you or be as beautiful as the Universe. It all comes down to you and your significant other. Ms.Victoria Vanessa Wattson. Everyone c...
2.9K 112 35
In collaboration with @_Simran_N_ ABHISHEK NIGAM AND VAISHNAVI RAO From strangers to classmates. From classmates to friends. From friends to best f...