Vale, The Windtalker (A Mobil...

By NatureMist

[Warning! Contains Mature Contents! For Legal Age only] Hi! I hope you read this one. There's only one thing... More

Chapter 1: Darkness Before Dawn
Chapter 2: Nerfed
Chapter 3: The New Contract
Chapter 4: Double Kill!
Chapter 5: Aquamarine
Chapter 6: Request Back-up!
Chapter 7: Time Traveler
Chapter 8: Trash Talk
Chapter 9: Survival is more important
Chapter 10: The Clock
Chapter 11: The Enemy is Banning
Chapter 12: Payback Time
Chapter 14: Darkness and Decisions
Chapter 15: Unfinished Business
Chapter 16: Kill Steal
Chapter 17: The Art of Winning
Chapter 18: Sweet Leonin
Chapter 19: Unstoppable
Chapter 20: Blame Game
Chapter 21: I Am Your Death
Chapter 22: Cerulean Winds
Chapter 23: Dancing Tornadoes and A Kissing Sun
Chapter 24: Dragon, Kittens and Butterflies
Chapter 25: Savage
Chapter 26: White Buff
Chapter 27: Play By The Rules
Chapter 28: Kannagi
Chapter 29: Jungle Vampire
Chapter 30: The Chairman
Chapter 31: Hungry Duo
New Chapter To Be Uploaded by September 30

Chapter 13: A Bird for a Bird

101 4 17
By NatureMist

[Benedetta's PoV]

The three carriages remained in their position. And I am still standing beside the last carriage. However, doing this for long will do no good. Pharsa knows where my companions are hiding. I should return by now and warn them immediately!

"Hey, young lady. What's your name?"

What was that? I said to myself. Someone's talking to me... But who? I couldn't find any.

"I admire your sword. Still swords, run deep."

That voice again. No. He's not talking to me. He's whispering. And  he's communicating through my mind!

"Who-- Who are you?" I replied in my thoughts.

"I don't know myself either. But I'm right here. Beside you."

The carriage. It must be coming from the carriage in front of me. Then I saw a thin and fine aura coming from the small window of the carriage. It carefully reached for my sword. The aura was as narrow as thread, as transparent as air. Then it ignited my sword shortly. I felt some sensation. It was slight but sharp. I had never felt it before.

"What-- What are you doing?"

"Don't be afraid. I know I can trust you. At this point, it is only you that can save my humble life."

"What do you mean?"

"Strike the chains that bond this carriage and I shall be free. One fatal blow is more than enough. One's sword reflects one's spot. Fortune favors the bold."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because I trust you. And you have to trust me on this. This will be a move that will change the world." As the captive uttered those words, the sword's aura glowed even stronger. "We're on the same edge of our swords. We share the same instincts. And deep inside that heart, I see the blood of a great warrior. I can teach you everything about swordsmanship. My blade strikes like a splitting wind, and so does yours."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was about to get emotional. Nobody trusted me like this. And to hear these words from a stranger? It somehow... It somehow crushed me. To Lesley, I am just a minion. Just a minion. To Ellie? No, our friendship cannot last together. She's a human after all. Humans despise minions! To Master Vale? I am not sure about it either. He had saved me once but I don't think he can go farther than that. Admit it, Benedetta. You are just a random minion. An ordinary slave. A spy that can easily be replaced when you fail your mission. And why would they care? I am just one of those small dirt that can be dumped anytime. Another useless soul to be sacrificed in war.

"I will let you out. But you have to promise me, and swear to me, that you will comply with my three conditions."

"Very well. I am more than interested."

"Okay. First, make me strong. Second, after I let you out, you have to help my companions. Pharsa already found out where they are and I don't think they would stand a chance!"

"And the third?"

The third? This is-- Now, I get it! This is what Master Diggie means!

["And Benedetta, I see a strong character in you. Can you assure me you won't give up on your dreams? Here, take this," Diggie said as he handed a heavy sword to me.
"What is this, Master Diggie?" I asked.
"My new invention." Then he whispered to me and said, "And this invention will break you from the chains of who you are. And behold, you are told, that when that specter of time comes, you should go for it!" Then Diggie spoke in a loud voice, "And please don't let everyone see it. It's our secret," he grinned before walking out of the room and heading downstairs.]

"Third! I am tired of becoming a servant anymore! I want YOU to be my servant!"

The prisoner did not respond. It took him some moment to ponder the words I just said.

"Not bad. Deal. I accept your conditions. And I promise and swear to fully abide by it."

The sword was now completely raged by the aura that came from the carriage.

I was about to strike the chains when--

"Hey kid, what are you doing? Are you up to something?!"

No way! Two Super Minions noticed my blazing sword and were now holding my arms!

"Drop that sword! Now!"

"Well... I.. I am just--"

Suddenly, a huge wave of sand took over the place. The heart of the Barren Lands immediately became a battlefield of raging sands... sands attacking elsewhere in random direction. And I could hardly breathe!

"Verri! No!!!" Pharsa screamed. Everybody was startled. I could see that Pharsa's raven was severely injured from above, and was now heading a direct fall to the ground.

The sandstorm became impenetrable. All minions and super minions alike were terrified. But the heroes stood still... Waiting for the enemy to reveal himself.

"Your bird went too far, Pharsa," a loud voice from the sky said. "I apologize though. It was not me nor my sands. It was my bird who did it." As he said it, a white hawk appeared on the sky.

Then the voice continued, "But I must admit. Sand rises when I give the word. I have no need of your other captives, only the one in the first carriage. Release her or I'll kill you all!

"You're a fool Khaleed! We don't give a damn about you, idiot!" Khufra boasted.

"Should I kill him now?" Alice asked Leomord.

"No, Alice. Not yet. Pharsa said he's not alone. Let's wait for the others to show up. This will end soon."

"Alright. I understand. Let us not spoil the fun," Alice replied.

"Is this what all you've got, Khaleed? Hiding behind the wall of your disgusting dusts? Don't worry, I'll make sure you and your loving prisoner are placed in the same carriage!" Khufra taunted.

"Terizla, Thamuz, Selena. Heavily secure all the carriages! Now!" Leomord instructed.

What is happening here? Think Benedetta, think! Oh, I almost forget! This is my chance! Then I lifted the sword, put all my strength in it, and with all my might, strike the chains that wrapped the last carriage!

"Finally," said the prisoner's voice. It was clear despite the noise of the ravaging sands.
"Ling, at your service, my Lady."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 1.3K 21
"And I'll just keep changing my colors.. I'm not in the same place that I was. But if somebody tells me I'll go back to My old ways I'm gonna say no ...
18.8K 246 12
So yeah this is the headcanons about my book. There will be 1 chapter to 1character. (Expect clones) I DON'T OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTER EXPECT FEMALE...
10.2K 130 13
This is just gunna be a shit tone of one shots based around ships and other things like that. Most of these are written by a good friend of mine who...
10.8K 177 16
Credits to the artist for the story cover!! This contains: NSFW, Angst, Fluff.