𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓

By goldensyx

𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟. More

𝐎𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 & 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐨𝐧𝐞.
𝐭𝐰𝐨.
𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.
𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.
𝐬𝐢𝐱.
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.
𝐭𝐞𝐧.
𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 .
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

46.2K 2.5K 1.6K
By goldensyx

𝐙𝐲𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫
☔︎︎
𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

Pulling through the cemetery gates, I turned down my radio, being respectful to the others that were there in support of their loved ones. I followed the path until I noticed the black bench shaped tombstone that I knew way too well. Approaching it, I slowed the car down, coming to a complete stop. My chest began to feel heavy as I put the car in park, taking off my seat belt.

"Damn man," I sighed, reaching in the back of my seat to grab the spray bottle, rag and peony's I picked up. I hopped out of the car, instantly checking my surroundings. I walked straight towards the tombstone, stopping once I was standing in front of it. A slight smile came to my face when I saw the picture of my old friend, Noel. The picture was of her smiling wide, looking the happiest I may have ever seen her.

I felt the tears creeping up on me as I thought about our old memories. "Damn, you about to make me cry," I chuckled, trying to keep myself from crying. Taking a step back, I bent down, beginning to spray her tombstone down. "Nothing the same without you, Elle. Every day I think about us in high school, or how you should've been here with me...how I could've saved you," I wiped the water off, seeing it begin to shine again. "You my sister and I could've done more for you. I should have." A tear rolled down my face, but I ignored it, continuing to clean. "Alright, enough of the sad shit, I know you probably looking down at me like 'this man really crying?'. I know you doing good, Noel happy 26th birthday, love you."

I sat in the grass, trying not to continue to cry. After a lil' while, I grabbed my phone and turned it on to see my screen saver of Noel, Slim,Teeno, and I back when we were younger.

"Slim coming up here later with Lina. I would've came with 'em, but they asses take too long."

I'd known Noel since she moved on my block the summer before middle school. I really didn't plan on befriending her till someone pushed her down at the bus stop. We'd been tight since after that.

I continued to talk to her for about thirty minutes before I stood up and began to walk back to my car. As I got adjusted in my seat, I looked back at her tombstone, sighing then turned on the car, calling my mom. I'd been calling her almost every day like Cleo advised me to. Today, I was going to spend time with her though.

"Zy'?" Her voice came through the phone once she picked up.

"Yea, hey momma."

"Hi, baby is everything ok?"

"Yes," I chuckled. "Are you hungry?"

"Am I hungry? Um, yes. Should I cook? You come over?"

"No, we can go get something to eat, are you dressed?"

"Noo...I still have my... what is it, ropa de coche?"

"Pajamas," I told her.

My mom was a Honduran Garifuna, raised in Honduras which made her first language Spanish. She'd gotten way better at English from when I was kid, but still struggled in certain parts, so she needed help which I didn't mind giving her.

"Oh, pa-jamm-as?" She tried to pronounce it slowly.

"Yea, get dressed, I'm on the way."

"Ok.. how far?"

"About thirty minutes."

"Ok, ok, bye bye."

"Bye," I chuckled as the phone hung up.

On my way to her house, I decided to stop at Target and pick up some things I ran out of; body wash, hand soap, laundry detergent, snacks, and air plug ins.

-

Looking at the laundry detergent, I wondered which one to get. The one I picked up last time was too strong. Thinking over my decision, I noticed a white woman coming down the aisle with a cart and a teenage boy. I moved some, so she would have more room since she had a cart. Sighing, I decided to grab the unscented Tide and fabric softener.

"Hey," the woman called out.

"Yea?" I looked at her.

"Your hair is really nice..how'd you get it like that?"

My eyebrows slightly scrunched, "what do you mean?"

"It's like—," she moved her hand in an up and down wave motion. "—like that, waves?" I chuckled inside at that.

I decided to lay my curls down today back into waves and of course this happens. "I continuously brush my hair in the same pattern."

"Oh, really? You should do your hair like that Nick," she said in fascination, looking at the boy beside her.

He rolled his eyes shaking his head, "mom I can't do that."

"..Why not? It's cute."

"Because mom...I'm white," her eyes got kind of wide and that's when I decided to make my exit.

I grabbed my phone, wanting to call Zinnia to tell her about it, but i looked at the time, seeing it was 1:19PM, meaning she was asleep right now. She'd be up at about 2:00PM, but I knew I would be with my mom then. Looking back down at my basket, I realized I had everything I needed, so I began walking towards the check out.

-

I was now sitting across from my mom in the booth at the restaurant we were in. I looked up from the menu to see her still looking at the camera of her phone, 'fixing' her hair. I watched as she went in her purse, pulling out a brush. She ran it through her hair then scrunched her curls, for what reason? I didn't know.

"Momma yo' hair looks fine."

"Ugh, ok you think so? This side isn't acting right."

"They both look the same."

"Ok," she brushed her hair one more time then put the brush back in her purse. When her hand came back out, she had hand sanitizer in her hand. That was one thing about her, she was a germ freak.

"Here, hold your hand out, Zy'." Before I could put my hand out myself, she grabbed my wrist, squeezing it on my hand. "Come on Hijo."

I chuckled, scrunching my eyebrows as I rubbed my hands together. "Damn, ma'."

"How are you?"

"I'm good, you?"

"Good..Chloe and Cleo came over last night and we made pan de coco, it was so.. mm mm mm."

"Is there any left?" I remembered from my childhood, my mom would make pan de coco, or coconut bread for special occasions, or when Cleo and I begged her to.

"There was a couple pieces left before you picked me up, but your dad has probably eaten them," she shrugged, unknowingly. My face fell flat at the mention of him. I shook my head, grabbing my lemonade.

The sound of a buzzing phone made me move my vision to the device. "That's your phone?" My mom added, looking around.

"Yea," I grabbed it, seeing Slim was calling. "Yo?"

"Mann... I think Mario gon' pass."

"What?" My eyebrows furrowed, confused at why he would say that.

"I was up there when the doctor came in and I could barely understand what the fuck he was saying, but I know it wasn't too good."

"Damn, man. I'm out with my mom right now, but I'ma hit you up later."

"Alright, my bad, tell her I said hey. Be safe."

"Ok, you too." The phone hung up, causing me to sigh deeply. He's so young. "Slim said wassup, ma."

"I wish you would've told me while you were on the phone."

"My bad."

My mind was pondering what led up to him being in the condition.

"Ok, I have a chicken and waffles brunch," the waiter held the plate, looking at us, leaving me to raise my hand. He slid the plate to me, smiling small. "And I guess you'll be taking the grilled salmon and rice," he gave my mom her plate. Looking at the salmon, it looked cooked well and good, making me wish I ordered it.

I grabbed my fork and knife, cutting my waffle then proceeded to dip it in the syrup. "Ermm," I heard, causing me to look up from the bite I was about to take. "Rezar, hijo," (Pray, son) she gave me a strict look, making me bow my head and close my eyes, saying a mini prayer, thanking the lord for my food and then begin to eat.

-

Walking in the gym, I sat my back pack down then sat beside it on the bleachers. Looking down at the Retro 5's on my feet, I shook my head. I usually would never wear Jordan's on the court, but I forgot my other ones at my house.

The boys started coming out of the locker rooms, making me stand up.

"Ight, so I know y'all see these cones on the floor. Today we gon' work on feet movement, or as y'all call it, how to break ankles," I explained to them. I noticed Keondre and Tré talking, making me look at them. "Aye! Y'all hear what I said?"

They all began to look around till Tré finally spoke up, "nah, not really, I didn't," I nodded.

"Someone tell him what I said and I bet not catch y'all chatting it up while I'm talking. Shoot, that's another drill." I gave them sometimes explain the objectives to each other before telling them the next step. "Ok, find yo' partners and get in line," I walked over to the ball holder, grabbing one and dribbling it to make sure it had enough air. My phone vibrated in my pocket, making me grab it. I saw it was Cleome calling, so I sighed, answering. "Wassup, Cleo? I'm at work."

"Oh-- I was calling to talk about your day with mom. I see she got a new purse. You got it for her?"

"Yea, I did," I answered, continuing to dribble the ball.

"It's cute.. you know Christmas ain't too far from now, I was thinking maybe a early--"

I chuckled, cutting her off. "Cleome Christmas is over four months away. I'ma call you back later though."

"Whatever." The phone hung up and I put it back in my pocket, shaking my head.

Talking about Christmas, it's August.

"Coach was that yo' girl?" I looked back laughing.

"That was my sister. I don't got a girl." Yet

"Oof."

"Back to these drills, start here and slow at first," I started dribbling at a mediocre pace, shuffling in and out the cones, trying my best to not crease my shoes. "Eventually I want y'all to try and speed up as fast as you can," I stood at the end of the cones and threw the ball to Ron who was in the front with RJ. "Here you go, RJ," I grabbed another ball tossing it to him.

Backing up some, I blew my whistle, telling them they could start. They both dribbled two times before going in and out of the cones just like I demonstrated.

I watched as a lady in a coat with a toddler walked through the doors, making me jog over to her. "Hey, can I help you?" I asked politely. The toddler waved at me, eating a piece of candy, so I waved back.

"Um, I just came in to watch my son practice for a little bit if you don't mind," she looked up at me, furrowing her brows, looking around for her son.

"Nah, I don't. You can't stay over 20 minutes tho', that's the policy because we don't wanna distract the kids," I explained.

"Ugh. Then I might as well not even watch. His ass not even that good anyway."

I tried to control my facial expressions since I was in my business facility, but her attitude was trash. I decided to just open the gym back up for her to leave. "Have a nice day ma'am."

"Mhmm."

. . .

Aww Zymeir 🥺

How y'all like Zymeir mom? Seeing more into his background

Vote and comment!🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 170 14
𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚗𝚘 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎, 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐..
34.3K 1.1K 23
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌, 𝘗𝘌𝘖𝘗𝘓𝘌 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌, 𝘍𝘌𝘌𝘓𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌 𝘛𝘖𝘖.....
900K 37.8K 53
|𝘁𝘄𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗲| /𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻/ 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿...
88.9K 3.1K 32
𝗗𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝗴𝘀... 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝗳 𝗶 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝗴𝘀?