Emperor's conquest | TG ✔

By Elaboratae

In which the Min twins not only fight for the crown but also for the cute poet Kim Taehyung working in the pa... More

warnings
사람이
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV

XXXVI

2.1K 172 43
By Elaboratae

I said I was not going to update twice but umm well here's an update anyways

°°°

Taehyung was not listening to the low murmurs and conversations going on around him, his head bowed and entire attention focused on the sheer white piece of paper laying on a secretary in front of him, an elegant feather resting in between his long fingers whose end was tapping against the elegant wood.

He was trying to get his brain to work, produce a poem for the tyrannical Scar King by his side who has demanded for a new creation made exclusively by Taehyung. And Taehyung had absolutely no idea what he should write down, his mind was blank like an unprepared canvas, his thoughts fluttering away from him like leaves in the wind.

All he could think about was the humiliating position he has been forced into by the king, knowing all eyes were secretly on him since he was the new addiction to Min Yoongi's interior. He was nothing like before, not the royal poet he has been, now he was just Yoongi's pretty trophy.

And Taehyung hated it, despised the king sitting on the throne next where he was forced to sit. A soft pillow has been moved under his bottom before he was made to sit down by his side, his now claimed spot by the Scar King's side. Goosebumps crawled over Taehyung's skin when he felt Yoongi's hand coming down to play with his hair, as if he was some kind of dog to pet.

Silenced and made to look pretty, Taehyung's royal title has been stripped away from him, leaving him bare and humiliated. His cousin has been gone for a trip down to the village, nothing could have stopped him and Yoongi next to him was raging, screaming at his guards to bring the Paekche prince back and lock him in the palace.

"Your cousin is a fucking nuisance, my dove, just like you were", Taehyung heard Yoongi seethe close to his head and when the petit prince timidly glanced up, he met the enraged glare of the Scar King. The brunet lifted his chin to meet the king's outraged eyes, knowing very well about the irritation forming in Yoongi.

But Taehyung did not care about Yoongi's fury, all he hoped was that Jimin would find Suga and put an end to his very own misery. So the Paekche prince only lifted one brow in question of what the King wanted to hear and Yoongi snarled by the defiant small movement of his gorgeous dove, knowing that Taehyung's defiance was not going to falter when the other prince was in Silla.

Yoongi wanted him gone but he also couldn't risk a war with Paekche, especially not if they got to know how he really got Taehyung to stay by his side. And that an annoying bunch of rebels was still fighting his authority. Said pack became more daring and Yoongi feared Jimin would also encounter them, just like Taehyung has implied he himself already did.

The Scar King felt all of his powers slipping away and he had to watch powerless how it happened. And Yoongi didn't like that at all. He liked the control, no craved for it even because it made him feel like he has won over his cold hearted father who didn't care for him one bit.

A king having twins was a disgrace, a bad omen and the old Emperor Min has despised Yoongi for his mere existence because it reminded him that his true throne heir, Yunki, had a rival to the throne. Yoongi's own name spoke of it, the old king has not even bothered to give Yoongi a meaningful name, rather the romanization of his first son's name, making it very clear how he stood to Yoongi.

And Yunki has given himself another name in honor of his brother, disliking the hatred of their father for his twin and has officially taken the name Suga. His twin has made Yoongi feel appreciated but he has also been standing in his shadow, being the neglected, forgotten and hated twin.

Every single being in the palace knew about it, and hated him for it, the same depth of hatred on the other side was turned into love for Suga. And Yoongi has started to hate his twin for it, for being the first born. For being everything he wasn't.

It has driven Yoongi mad until the coronation of his dear brother came closer and Yoongi couldn't deal with it anymore. So he took it upon himself to change his fate.

Now the king of Silla, Yoongi finally had the control and the power he was craving for. 

He was not going to allow a fucking Paekche prince to come and take that control away from him, even if it meant to break the heart of the one he loved.

Yes, Yoongi did love Taehyung, the only thing he has been craving for was love, when he has taken everything else he has desired. Now, he has wanted to have a beautiful Queen by his side and this lovely piece of rare beauty was perfectly fitting into his role. Taehyung has treated him normal, without any prejudices, talking to him freely and sharing a piece of his heart without asking for anything in return.

The Scar King wanted to give Taehyung the world in return.

The brunet prince on the other did not dare to say anything to the Scar King, instead bowing his head while he let his feather move freely over the white sheet of paper, letting his fingers write what his heart desired and he soon forgot the world around him.

When he finally came to an halt, a tear rolled down his face, finally having sorted his feelings in form of beautiful chinese characters yet it left him alone and shivering in the cold. He knew what his heart desired yet it was not possible for the young prince to reach for it.

A large hand on his exposed shoulder made Taehyung flinch, looking up with wide doe eyes and trembling bottom lip. "What have you written, my beautiful dove?", Yoongi's velvety voice asked, reaching down to tug Taehyung's robe upwards to hide his delicate shoulders from the world, the murmuring around them coming to an halt when the king lifted his hand.

"Let me listen to it", Yoongi mumbled gently, leaning down to lift the surprised gasping prince to his feet by grabbing him under his armpits, Taehyung stumbling free only to be pressed into the king's lap. The soft cuff around his ankle clinked coldly.

Taehyung coughed, fully aware of the king's arm around his waist, of the hand supporting his own, eyes boring into the now written sheet, reading the words that displayed Taehyung's heart. The petit boy squirmed, lips sealing shut as he did not want to reveal the truth of his feelings so the Scar King took it upon him to read the sensitive words out loud.

"In the Autumn Evening Rain

In the autumn wind, I chant bitterly-

Few in this world appreciate my worth.

Outside my window, the midnight rain falls;

Before this lamp, my heart is ten thousand li away.*"

Yoongi halted for a moment upon reading these lines before briefly abandoning the paper by letting it crash to the ground along with the wooden secretary lying beneath of it, hearing the faint gasp of protest coming from Taehyung before he lifted his head to stare into these beautiful huge eyes filled with emotions that were too rare to put into words.

One glance was all it took for Yoongi to scoop Taehyung up into his arms, hiding his dove away in his strong embrace and marching out of the room without listening to the frantic shouts of the aristocrats for him.

All he wanted was to soothe the lingering pain in Taehyung's way too gentle and loving heart.

~

*From: Min Pyong-su, translated by Michael J. Miller: Encounters between Man and Nature - 한시는 인간과 자연의 만남 - Korean Poetry in Classical Chinese, Seoul 1999, S.16

This poem is very very dear to me as it's part of my first Hanja classes and I thought it fit in so incredibly well♡ the original is also above, written by me, it is a bit messy but only because my chinese hasn't been the best back in the days

Elaboratae

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 157 12
It's now your 7th year at Hogwarts. The events of your 5th year still fresh in your mind and the pain loosing your closest friend left still in linge...
1.2M 66.1K 51
Kim Taehyung is a pretty omega who ran away from his previous pack while he was pregnant. Bad treatment by some werewolves because of his rank has ma...
45.3K 2K 25
At age eighteen, all citizens are given a concentration that will determine their fields of study. A small empty square on their wrist will gain a co...
10K 291 14
When Jay Walker moves in with his best friend Cole, he never expects a surprising reveal in his life. Can he balance high school, his secret role as...