Coached ➳ l.p [au]

By gymnasliam

[COMPLETED] She used to be overweight, on the verge of diabetes, and she knew it too. What made her change he... More

Coached intro
Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12: part one
chapter 12: part two
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17: part one
chapter 17: part two
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23: part one
chapter 23: part two
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38: part one
chapter 38: part two
chapter 40 (Epilogue)
Q&A: part 1
Q&A: part 2
New Liam Story !!
chapter 41 (Additional)

chapter 39

17.3K 882 801
By gymnasliam

do u guys like reading smut?? Just wondering...in case

-

"Jolissa, someone is here to see you!" My mother calls to me from downstairs.

Why couldn't she just come upstairs to get me instead of yelling through the house? She's lucky my music isn't plugged into my ears, either, or else I wouldn't have heard her yapping.

Grunting, I swing my legs off the bed and set them on the floor to stand up. Yes, if you are asking, i've basically been in bed for the past two days- for one reason, i'm on my monthly cycle and I get pissed at people quickly so I would much rather lock myself in my room all day to prevent getting myself into trouble. And two, staying in bed on the weekend is my talent. I'm talented, I know.

I trudge downstairs, and nearly groan out loud at who was here.

"Hey," Laura gives me a half smile. It isn't fake like I would guessed it to be, but i'm not smiling back any time soon.

"I'll leave you two alone, now," my mother announces before swiftly walking upstairs to dad who was probably sleeping.

I sigh, awkwardly. "Hello."

"Look, i'm so so so sorry for everything i've ever done to you. Back at the campsite, I was acting like a real snot and I can't believe I tried flirting with Liam like what the heck was I thinking, right? I understand if you hate me for that, and I understand if you will probably never want to speak with me again. And right now, i'll admit that Dylan and I put the dead possum in your tent but I promise that I regret doing that because even if we were mad at each other, I crossed the line," Laura blurts out all at once.

I try to open my mouth to speak, but she cuts me off.

"No, let me finish! What i'm trying to say is that i'm sorry for all those years Daisy and I ignored you, or excluded you, and that if I could I would take that back because you've been a great friend really. In all honesty, I miss having you as an overall friend in my life. Daisy has changed so much now that her parents divorced, and I don't know what to do because now i'm starting to realize that you were right, and that I actually was following her and taking her side twenty-for-seven-"

"Laura!" I speak over her babbling, and she immediately silences. To be honest, I really thought that I was beyond angry at her but now that she is truly apologizing for everything, I feel like I can forgive her.

"Yes?" She asks before blurting, "Sorry again, for my rambling and for treating-"

"God, stop talking please!" I laugh, shutting her up yet, again. "I forgive you."

"You do?"

"I mean yeah, you and Daisy mistreated me but I guess I also have mistreated you two, too. And i'm sorry, I shouldn't have put any boy in front of my friends," I say.

"Correction," Laura pipes, giggling. "Not just any boy, your coach."

"Right," I roll my eyes, slightly laughing. He's actually- technically- not even my coach anymore. "And to add to my apology, I admit that I was the one who put poison ivy in your sleeping bags."

Wow, I never thought I would feel this bad.

"I knew it!" She yelps. "But I deserved it."

"So did you put the ants in my sleeping bag too?" I ask, motioning for her to fully come inside- not that I need company right now. But to be honest, I feel lonely now that I basically have no friends except for Liam.

"Ants?" Laura cluelessly asks, before frantically shaking her head. "No, I promise that wasn't me."

"Then, oh well," I shrug. I got to sleep with Liam anyway and now that I think about it, I shouldn't have been complaining as much.

"So are we back to friends?! By the way, I unlocked the MTV channel on my tv again and i'm watching this new show called Real World Skeletons and it's so gr-"

"Laura, jesus!" I raise my voice over hers, for the second time, laughing.

"So is that a yes?"

"Well," I place my finger on my chin, reminiscing. "You did leave me at home during the Miley Cyrus concert."

"I know, and i'm sorry again."

"And also, on the first day of school you let Daisy tell everyone that I was a cannibal. I can't believe people believed that one, though."

"I really should have done something."

I furrow my eyebrows. "You know it's gonna take a lot of time to build up the friendship we had, right? Are you sure you don't want to be friends with someone better?"

Yes, I know- I probably sound mean. But I have my reasons.

"Jolissa, I miss being friends with you. And why the heck would I even be here if I didn't want to build our friendship back up? I can wait," she shrugs.

It doesn't take long before I basically throw myself into her arms just because i've missed her. I know I just told her that it'd take time for us to be close again- even though when I was close to her, it was a secluded experience for me- but right now I just wanted a friend to talk to.

-

"It's actually disgusting. Daisy and Dylan make out like every second, and I can't even do anything about it!" Laura scrunches up her face in disgust, before shoving another slice of pizza in her mouth.

I decide that i've had enough after two slices, while Laura is already on her fifth. Stupid people with fast metabolisms.

"Why doesn't Daisy do anything? She doesn't know you're literally in the same room as them?" I wonder.

"Ugh, no! Every time I try and pry them away from each other, she glares at me." She scowls, crossing her legs on the couch, then uncrossing them from the uncomfortable position.

"So did he say he liked her all this time? If he did, that would be such a freaking lie," I ask in disgust. Honestly, I am over Dylan as of this moment. At the campsite, he had asked me for another chance with him. But maybe while seeing Liam and I kissing, he changed his mind? Or maybe he tells that to every girl who falls for his stupid blond- no offense to Liam's friend- hair. And sadly, I used to be one of the dumb girls who fell for him.

Like almost always, Liam had been right.

"Yeah," Laura sighs. "His exact words to her were 'if you give me a chance I promise I can make up for the lost time' blah blah blah," she mocks him in her 'man-voice'.

"That's exactly what he told me when we were camping!" I exclaim. "No offense, but your brother is a real-"

"Jerk? I know," she mopes, slumping down.

I agree with her, and it's silent for maybe a few seconds- knowing Laura, that had been the longest she'd been quiet, excluding the times she was angry with me.

"You know what we should do?" She hides a smile, but fails miserably. I hope this idea she has doesn't lead to anything we would get arrested for because if so, it just proves that she has been watching way too much Ridiculousness on MTV.

"What? Watch tv, because i'm up for that." I'm lame, and I know it.

"No, bo-ring. We should prank call Liam," she smirks, pulling out her own phone. "On my phone, though, so he won't know the number."

"Seriously? We aren't twelve," I snort, before thinking about how confused Liam would be if he answered the phone to a prank call. On second thought...

"Fine," I decide, and Laura cheers while I fish for Liam's phone number in my phone.

Once I find it, I dial the number into her phone but we don't hit the call button just yet.

"What should we pretend to be?" She whispers, as if anyone could hear her on the phone.

"I don't know, just wing it," I quietly laugh before pressing the call button on her phone myself.

Liam answers on the fourth ring.

"Hello?" A girly voice is heard on the other end, obviously not belonging to Liam.

Laura and I look at each other in shock. Who is that?

"Did you dial the right number?!" Laura whispers loudly, widening her eyes frantically.

Quickly double checking, I nod. "Yeah, I did!"

"Hello?" The girl on the phone repeats, sounding both confused and annoyed.

"Hi," I finally speak, not knowing what to say anymore. Who in the world was this girl anyway? And why the heck did she have Liam's phone? "Who is this?"

"Clementine."

"Clementine?" That name doesn't even ring a bell in the slightest.

"Yeah," she quickly snapped. "Can I help you?"

This girl obviously wasn't familiar with the term polite.

"This is Liam's phone, so I think that it's pretty obvious what you could help me with- and that would be, handing the phone to him instead." I can't help but unleash my minstrel sass.

So I guess it's a raincheck on the prank calling?

Clementine- apparently- smacked on her gum rather loudly. "Yeah, well he's busy right now. Who are you anyway? Are you anyone important?"

Did she seriously just ask me that?

Lord jesus, please help me control my temper or else I would have reached through Laura's phone and strangled whoever this weird, rude, mystery girl was. And should I be jealous or worried that she has his phone, and apparently claims for him to be busy?

Yes, I should be.

I snort, "Of course i'm important, are you even aware of how rude you sound right now?"

She laughs bitterly. "What are you, his mummy?"

"Maybe," I say with a straight face.

"Anyway, whoever you are, call back later because obviously this isn't a great time."

"Yeah, sure," I snort again. I just might win a Mrs. Piggy award for snorting so much. "Tell him Jo called."

She smacks on her gum. I envision her even adding a sassy eye roll, "Whatever."

And just like that, the phone hung up.

-

Two hours, and one episode of Girl Code- which Laura had suggested, because she claimed it had been 'freakishly relatable'- later, I finally got the house to myself. Meaning gladly, my mom and dad had left for whatever occasion.

I heave a sigh, and fling myself back on the couch after shutting the front door.

Why can't I stop thinking of that Clementine girl who answered Liam's phone? Oh god, am I becoming one of those crazy jealous girlfriend's that end up writing endless music about how i'll write their name on a blank space?

I, Jolissa Colleen Philips am not Taylor Swift.

But despite how heavily I don't want to turn into her, I can't help but grasp the idea or possibility that Liam could be cheating. Why would he though? Liam told me that he liked- loved- me. He wouldn't dare do something like that, right?

That girl claimed that he was busy- what was he even busy with? Busy being with her? Had my prank call interrupted their heavy make-out session? Or what if he was busy buying a diamond ring for her and busy planning their honeymoon trip to Malibu away from me?

What has corrupted my thoughts to think like this?

My boyfriend, Liam, wouldn't cheat.

That word sounds so weird.

"Boyfriend," I whisper like the weirdo I am. But hey, don't blame me. I only wanted to see what that would sound like aloud.

"Liam Payne is my boyfriend," I repeat, finally having the courage to believe it.

Shifting my position in my seat, I say it louder.

"Liam Payne is my really hot boyfriend."

I laugh at myself, before I hear another voice in the room scaring me half to death.

"You finally admit it," the familiar voice says, lightly chuckling right after.

"Crap!" I jump and pull my phone out from my pocket. Had I butt-dialed his number? Jesus, I need to be more catious. "How are you on my phone?!"

"Uh, I called you and you answered. How else? Were you just talking to yourself, Jo?" He laughs as if it's just the funniest thing in the world, and he had figured it out.

"Psh, no!" I scoff. "What do you want?" My PMS is probably kicking in.

He seems taken aback by my snap at him. "I was just calling because you called me earlier. What's wrong, babe?"

"Nothing," I lie.

"Are you upset with me? Wait, is it because of Clementine?" He asks.

"Who is she anyway?" I question. God, I hate how crazy I sound right now.

"Aw, are you jealous?" Liam teases me.

"No, i'm not," I huff.

"You're so cute when you're jealous," he laughs. "And Clementine is my new client. I didn't think I would be coaching for a while, but her parents claim she needs me."

I mumble, thinking of my same situation when I was overweight. "Sounds familiar."

Liam doesn't hear me, so I change the topic. Sort of.

"She's rude, you know."

"Yeah, quite the attitude I know. But I think I broke her from her shell," he says, followed by shuffling in the background. "Are you alright? You sound a bit flustered."

"I'm on my period," I literally have no shame.

For a moment, on the other line it's quiet and I hear an engine heavily revving.

"I'm on my way with some low fat ice cream, and dark chocolate."

And you can pretty much guess what I did for the rest of the day. If you still don't know, i'll give you a hint.

It had to do with the best boyfriend ever.

-

Hiiiii liam is such a sweetie

in real life and in Coached it just warms my heart im gonna cry i love my sunshine ok

anywayssss

guess what?? Theres only ONE chapter lefttt and then i'll get started on my niall fic (heads up, niall acts like a complete ass in it which i find hot)

QUESTION: when did you start reading Coached?

it doesnt matter whether u started since I began it, or just since today bc i appreciate every single one of you lovely coachlings

#jiam !!

if u haven't followed me u should bc im nice and ill be your friend an i almost have 1k followers (((:

(No goals or anything bc i'll just update when i feel motivated to)

guys btw iM GONNA BE ON AMERICAS GOT TALENT IM SO NERVOUS BYE

-kiana)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 551 50
Gwen is on track. Twenty-nine-years old and engaged. Cutting it short, but there anyway. One more loose end she has to tighten up: herself. After yea...
43K 320 13
Gretchen Bridges. Seventeen years old. Blonde, curly hair. Dimples. Freckles. Sounds beautiful right? But her life is far from beautiful. She was dia...
2.9K 76 13
Maya is an outgoing, friendly, and crazily hyper active girl. She is having a horrible day until someone she absolutely adores runs into her. Everyon...
8.5K 324 15
He was brooding and silent, She was the life of every party. He was the popular hot guy, She was the crazy new chick. Yet... He was the sugary sweet...