The Wrong Twin

By artxiem

Evelyn Potter was the girl-who-lived, or so they thought. Harry was the true boy-who-lived, who beat Voldemor... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
author's note

28

24K 697 49
By artxiem

A/N:  Thanks for 1,6k votes! Let's keep on voting and reading!

Twin Speak:

Fred: Forge

George: Gred

Both: Weasley

<3rd POV>

You could tell when the exams had started, as 5th and 7th years students visited the library every single hour of every day. The whole school seemed to descend in total madness and chaos, until the library was completely full, and there were no more empty seats. Every one was reading theory books and practicing wand movements.

But out of the many students, 4 Slytherin students didn't visit the library, as they have their own special selection of books down in the Chamber of Secrets. Harry, Blaise, and Draco decided to introduce Daphne to the Chamber. The private library there had more than enough books that cover from 1st years to NEWT levels. 

It was not a shocker when Harry's favorite exam was revealed. Potions. During the practical exam, everyone was set to make a befuddlement potion. Although, Severus wanted to test Harry's abilities. Severus set Harry to make a potion that allows you to breathe underwater. 

Harry quickly got to work, grabbing several jars of gillyweed and setting up three cauldrons just in case one of them exploded. Snape watched with interest as Harry set up protective shields just for more protection. 

As soon as the students were finished and exited the potions lab, Harry got ready to test out his hypothesis he had made during the hour. Severus didn't know how, but was greatly impressed at the way Harry worked. He was quick in putting the ingredients, stirring the mixture, even turning off the heat. That's when Severus remembered, Harry was trained by the best Potions Maker, Salazar Slytherin himself.  

The first one was a complete fail. It turned into a thick sludge and emitted sparks. Harry quickly vanished the potion away and wrote it down in his little notebook. The second one looks good, he paid careful attention to it, before placing in the wormwood. The mixture started bubbling rapidly, let's just say that it was lucky enough for Harry to have put up a shield earlier.

The cauldron exploded and splattered violently around the shield. Harry smiled sheepishly at Severus before vanishing the potion and cleaning up the mess. With only one potion left to test on, Harry added the final ingredient before stirring it 10 times clock-wise. The potion rapidly changed color, before finally settling on a sea-blue color. Harry grinned before bottling the potion. 

He handed the potion to Severus, who took it and examined it. 

"Perfect, as usual." Severus praised, putting down the vial. 

"Thanks Professor." Harry smirked, keeping his notebook in his bag.

"I thought you ought to know. Once again, you made a new potion. This was not invented yet." 

Harry's eyes widened before yanking his notebook out of the bag and opened a new page. He quickly wrote the finalized ingredients and procedures. 

"I wanted to see how good you were before I recommend you for your potions mastery." Severus continued. 

"You- You're going to recommend me?" Harry asked shocked.

"Yes." Severus stated clearly.

"Thanks Professor. I won't let you down!" Harry grinned before walking out of the lab. Harry was on cloud 9, that he didn't even acknowledge Sirius and Remus, who were on their way to the Great Hall.

"Woah, Harry, what's got you all happy?" Remus asked grabbing Harry by the arm. Harry snapped out of his daze as he smiled at Remus and Sirius.

"Severus decided to recommend me for my mastery." Harry said with a grin. Little did they know, a figure with red long hair stood far from behind them. Lily's heart did a full cartwheel at the sight of her son smiling with ease, not the normal scowl or the fake smile that Lily always saw.

"That explains it." Sirius laughed before pulling Harry and Remus to the Great Hall. 

"Severus, you really shocked Harry." Remus joked sitting on his usual seat in the table next to Severus. 

"I only told him I would recommend him for his mastery." Severus shrugged, shifting his attention to his plate.

Sirius knew the hidden meaning behind Severus's words. Severus was putting his name on the line, and if Harry didn't live up to his expectations, or did a bad job, it would look really bad on Severus and basically ruin his reputation.

"That's.. a big deal." Sirius said in shock.

"Don't worry Black. I just witnessed your son create a potion in less than 2 hours. Plus he had already make 4 other potions. He had created a liquid shield, that protects you from 2 of the 3 unforgiveables. Also, he had created a potion that allows the drinker to stay awake and feel fully rested, and a liquid form of Obliviate, the final one was an invisibility potion that will turn the drinker invisible until the drinker drinks the counter-potion. Although the final one was not finalized yet. The one he made today enables the drinker to stay underwater for 24 hours straight, without any physical changes like Gillyweed do to your body."

"He's really that good?" Remus asked. 

Severus nodded.

~

Draco, Blaise, and Daphne watched as Harry retold the story enthusiastically. 

"Are you happy, Harry?" Draco asked exasperated at his best friend's antics.

"Just a little." 

Daphne rolled her eyes before drawling, "Really? I would never had thought of that! Despite the fact that your jumping up in happiness." 

Harry shot Daphne a glare. "Shut up and let me enjoy my happiness in peace."

~

The rest of the exams flew by quickly. The Transfiguration exam was fun, and Harry messed around by creating different patterns on his snuff boxes, earning 10 points and even a rare smile from Minerva. Flitwick had all the first years perform the charms they had learned during the year; The half-goblin nearly fall over in happiness as Harry put on a brilliant aerial show of books and feathers dancing.

"Hey Harry, let's do a prank on the girl-who-lived-to-be-a-complete-pain-in-the-ass." Blaise suggested as they walked out of their Charms written exams, their final exam. 

Harry grinned before sprouting out his plan. 

~

The next morning, Evelyn woke up like usual. She waited for Ron and Hermione down in the Gryffindor common room, before heading off to the Great Hall for breakfast. As she shoved in a mouthful of eggs, her hair rapidly started change color. It changed to Slytherin green. She screamed in horror as she saw her own reflection on her goblet. Everyone stared at her before laughing quite loudly. Ron and Hermione ignored their friend screaming, and started into their meal. But just as suddenly, their hairs both changed to Green color. 

Meanwhile in the Slytherin table, the quadruple team laughed silently at the shrieks and shouts coming from the Gryffindor table. Harry looked up to the Teacher's table and saw his two fathers doubling over each other in laughter, Severus trying to hide a smirk from his face, Minerva hastily drinking some coffee to cover her huge smile, Flitwick smiled as he recognized the spell used; and best of all the Leader of the Light and the Potter family. The three had faces so red that it seems that they were going to explode.

3/4 of the Gryffindor table were hastily trying to help the girl-who-lived-to-make-a-complete-joke, whereas the other quarter including the Weasley twins were laughing out loud. 

~

As Harry exited the Great Hall, he was immediately pulled into an alcove by no other than the Weasley Twins. 

"Hello Harry."

"Hello Fred, George." Harry said nodding at the respective twins as he greeted them.

"Look here Gred!" 

"We got ourselves a smart little first year Forge!

"Anyways Harrykins,"

"We want to"

"Congratulate you on"

"Your amazing prank on Evelyn Potter."

Harry grinned at the twin's antics and their speech. 

"I do try." 

"How did you do it?"

"I casted a charm that will turn their hair into green as soon as they started eating. It'll last for at least a whole day." 

After more talking, Harry left the alcove with the two twins, discussing more pranks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87K 2.8K 15
Harry James potter brother of the famous Marcus Charlus potter (the boy who lived) and oldest son of lily and James potter. He was wrongfully named...
178K 4.2K 42
Book One ---------------- Power Prophecy series ---------------- Harry James Potter. The boy who lived. What if there was another person who lived t...
32.8K 932 21
I'm sure you've heard of Harry Potter and how he defeated the dark lord, Lord Voldemort. But what if he has the sister, a twin sister to be exact, w...
665 12 71
(Orion Black x OC) Book 1 Harry Potter, the famous kid who survived Voldemort when he was only one. Yes, yes. We all know the story. But this story...