Sweet Love • Mingyu X Mina

By minasbingsu

1997 liner friends, go out for dinner to catch up on what's new and talk about their life and relationships... More

prologue
chapter 1: the story begins
chapter 2: driving (me crazy)
chapter 3: oust me
chapter 4: heart attack
chapter 5: let's last long, shall we?
chapter 6: suds
chapter 7: polaroids
chapter 8: grwm (Get Ready With Mina)
chapter 9: pink skies
chapter 10: sunsets with you on my chest
chapter 11: as sweet as chocolate
chapter 12: up & down
chapter 13: gossiping with Chan and Dahyun 101
chapter 14: behind the scenes
chapter 15: the universe in each other's eyes
chapter 16: pure bliss
chapter 17: my world is always you
special chapter 18: sweet love
clarification
special chapter 19.2: dream a little dream
special chapter 19.3: dream a little dream
special chapter 19.4: dream a little dream
special chapter 19.5: dream a little dream
special chapter 20.1: so, tell me your wish
special chapter 20.2: so, tell me your wish
special chapter 20.3 : so, tell me your wish
special chapter 20.4 : so, tell me your wish
special chapter 20.5 : so, tell me your wish
hi :DD

special chapter 19.1: dream a little dream

317 13 0
By minasbingsu

It's been nearly 6 years since Mingyu and Mina's dating news was made public. Up until now, Mina and Mingyu are still going out with each other. You can say, their relationship is really strong. Too strong, that they don't let anyone bother their relationship, and won't let anyone meddle in with their private lives. JYP and PLEDIS can trust these two because they know, that they are matured enough, and can handle situations themselves.

It's finally December! It's that time of the year again. The festive season, celebrations here, and there. And we can never forget, it's also the award show season. Both Twice and Seventeen have been booked and busy. Practicing for year-end events, that's what they're up to lately.

Knock knock. "Mina?" Someone peeks through the door. Yuna ran to the sound system and quickly stopped the music, so the person entering could be heard. "Mina, the team is calling you for an urgent meeting."  A manager comes in the room Twice and Itzy were using for their practice, for their collab stage on MAMA. "Me?" Mina stands up after squatting on the floor. "Go over the choreo again, I'll be back in a while." Mina instructed Chaeryeong, who was also leading the choreography, alongside Momo, Yeji, and herself, the main dancers of JYP. They were given the opportunity to choreograph the whole performance themselves, for the first time. "Ok, come back quickly." Momo told her. "Just let her take her time, it may be something important." Jihyo told Momo. "Anyways, back to where we were." Momo clapped her hands to grab all their attention.

"What is it for?" Mina wipes her sweat, and asks her manager as they were walking towards the elevator. "I don't know either." The manager replied. They entered the elevator, and Mina pressed the button going up to the 6th floor, where the meeting was going to be held at. "Good afternoon." Mina opened the door, and greeted the staff waiting for her inside. "Ah, we're from Mnet." A staff said, and shook hands with Mina. "Take a seat." A division 3 manager instructed Mina.

"So we called for a meeting because we're trying to propose a project for MAMA this year." The Mnet staff said. Mina nodded. "We're giving you a duet collab stage." The staff said. "Mina's eyes widened because she was shocked to hear the word "duet". Reason 1, she's never been in a stage where in she's supposed to be singing because she's always in the dance stages. Reason 2, it's gonna be with someone else. "And the song we're using fits yours and the male's voices really well." He added. "Male?" Mina repeated. "Yes. If you're asking, the song is, Dream by Suzy and Baekhyun." He followed. Mina's face lights up after hearing the song. "Mina, we need to continue the JYP Nation tradition. Suzy, Jihyo, and Nayeon have done it for 3 consecutive years already. So, this time, it's your turn." A staff from JYP persuades Mina. "Out of all female JYP artists, why me though?" Mina wonders. "Because we found a perfect male partner for you." The Mnet staff replied, and smirked. Mina's eyebrows crossed, worried who it might be. "Who do you think?" The Mnet staff asked. "I wouldn't say it's him, but I feel like it's him." Mina addressed her boyfriend as "him". "Who is this "him"?" The Mnet staff plays dumb, so Mina can finally say his name. "You already know." Mina told them. "Aaah, Kim Mingyu-ssi?" He asked. Mina nodded shyly, and held in her reactions. "No." The staff told her. She froze for a second, and blinked for a while. She just stared blankly at the Mnet staff.

"Oh, we're just kidding. Who else would we pick?" The staff told Mina. She smiled so widely. This is going to be their first stage together. "Does he know about this?" Mina asks him. "Yes, we met with him, and his company before coming here. As soon as he heard your name, he already said yes, even without hearing the project yet." The Mnet staff tells her and they all chuckle. The staff explained the details furthermore. "Well, we don't need to hear your answer anymore because for sure you're already gonna say yes to it." The staff knew Mina and her attitude towards Mingyu too well. "Ok, I'll see you soon then?" Mina stands up from her chair and leaves the room with her manager. As soon as she closed the meeting room door, she immediately took out her phone and dialed his number. She was too excited, that she was running around the hallways. "Mina!" The manager called her since the elevator doors were closing and Mina was still jumping around. "OUCH!" Chan yells after Mina hits his back due for excitement. Chan was on the same floor as Mina at the same time, and he was throwing trash in the bin in front of the elevator, and there Mina found her prey. "Go!" Chan shoos her away after seeing the elevator door closing. "Bye." Mina smacks him one more time, and runs away. Mingyu still hasn't answered his phone yet.

"Why isn't he answering his phone?" Mina asked. "Maybe he's also practicing for group stages like you. Call him back later, for now, leave the elevator and go back and practice with your other members and Itzy." The manager scolded Mina. "What was it all about?" Jeongyeon asked Mina. "Huh? Nothing." Mina lied because she likes making them curious and desperate for answers. "Ok, back to practice." Mina yelled after everyone started glaring at her for not telling them why she was called for a meeting. "Back to practice." Momo told them sternly, and the practice resumed.

Ring ring. Someone's phone started ringing. Yuna, being the closest to the couch, where they kept all their stuff, picked the phone to check who owned it. "Mina unnie." Yuna gave it to her. "Did you check the casing? I have the same phone as her, maybe that's mine." Jeongyeon told Yuna. "Unnie, you don't name Mingyu sunbaenim as "Gyu💖" so it's obviously Mina unnie's." Yuna told Jeongyeon. Mina signalled them to keep quiet and go back practicing as she takes the call on the couch in the room, but they refused. They were all staring at Mina.  "Yes?" Mina answered. "Of course I accepted it." Mina told him and chuckled. "Accepted what?" Nayeon wonders. "A DRAMA ROLE?" Sana shrieks loudly causing everyone to flinch. "Woah, what was that?" Mingyu asked. "Sana, she thinks I accepted a drama role, when in fact the role I accepted was to be your partner." Mina told him and chuckled. The other members started gossiping, and theorizing about what Mina nd Mingyu were talking about."Partners? Aren't they already partners? Like a couple? Huh?" Sana just speaks whatever comes in her mind even if it doesn't make sense. "When's our first practice together?" Mina asks him. "Tonight, I'll fetch you there. Do you know the song we're singing?" Mingyu asks. "Yeah. Suzy unnie and Baekhyun sunbaenim's Dream." Mina answered him. All heads turned to her after they heard what Mina said. "She's gonna continue the JYP Nation legacy." Nayeon told them. "WITH MINGYU???" Dahyun realizes it, making others realize it too. They all gasped and started rejoicing. "Wait, so Mina and Mingyu are gonna be on one stage, in front of the public. Their first ever appearance together in the same stage after 6 years since that Running Man incident, which is the main cause to why this is happening right now." Jihyo concluded. "Ok, bye. Love you, mhm." Mina ended their call, only to look up and see everyone staring at her, asking for an explanation.

"REALLY?!??!!" The girls scream to the top of their lungs after hearing the confirmation of the news from Mina herself. "Articles for the MAMA stages are probably gonna get released in a while, since our stage was the last one to be finalized." Mina explained and then yelled at them so they'd go back to practice.

"Yeah, we just finished practice." Mina replied to Mingyu. "Ok, I'll see you there." Mingyu responded and ended the call. "Congrats, Mina unnie." Ryujin passed by and winked at Mina, while she just gave her a chuckle and a slap at the butt. "You aren't coming with us?" Nayeon asks Mina after seeing her pack her stuff on the couch, while they all just left their stuff there, and were heading to JYPBOB. "I'm fine, I'm not that hungry. I'll just grab a snack in the café downstairs, and leave with Mingyu immediately." Mina told them. "Ok, just call me if you need anything." Nayeon offered and left with the rest of the Twice and Itzy members.

"Yes, hi, good evening." Mingyu bowed to the personnel inside the lobby, as he waits for Mina to arrive downstairs. The elevator opened, and Mina was seen exiting from it. She went out of the elevator, but was grabbing for something, so she didn't look up, and didn't notice that Mingyu was already waiting for her there. "Oh, You're here already?" Mina asks him after spotting him by the entrance door. Mingyu hummed a yes, and carried Mina's gym bag for her, where she keeps all her clothes and stuff for practicing. "Let's grab something in the café first." Mina suggested, and the two went ahead.

"For dine-in, a Chocolate Chip Cream frappe, an Iced Americano, and 2 slices of Chicago Cheesecake." Mina ordered at the counter, and was given a waiting number. She went back to the table where Mingyu was located at. "Our company allowed us to use the vocal room for practice." Mingyu told her. "Ok, we won't dance, so no need for a big practice room." Mina smiled. "It's you two again. Having dates in the building?" Someone arrives. "Ah. Hi, good evening." Mingyu and Mina stand up from their seats and greet JYP. "Do you need anything? I'll get it for you." Mina asks JYP. "Hmmm. Just a donut, thanks." He replied, Mina nodded and went to the counter.

"I haven't seen you in a while." JYP shakes Mingyu's hands. Mingyu smiled at him. "How did you feel when you first heard about the stage?" JYP asks him. "I thought I was dreaming. It sounded too good to be true." Mingyu answers him, still fascinated by the event. "Our orders are gonna be served here at the same time." Mina informs them and takes a seat beside Mingyu. It was a table for 4, so Mina sat beside Mingyu, while JYP sat in front of the two. "Were you glad?" JYP asks Mina this time. "At?" Mina asks him back. "The stage you two are doing." He replies. "Ahhh, yes, super." Mina responds shyly. "I'm glad you two aren't worried or scared on how people will react to this. I'm also sure they forgot you two are still together, even after 6 years." JYP told the two. "Here you go." The worker served their orders on their table.

"The other artists in the audience will be cheering for you two as you perform. Suzy will also be watching it, since she's one of the award presenters. Make her, your members, and everyone proud." JYP gave them words of encouragement. Mingyu and Mina nodded at his words. "You know, I came here to give you a ton of advices, but it seems like you two already know what to do." JYP complimented them. The two laughed and glanced at each other.

"Yah! Shin Ryujin"

"AHA NO"

The three heard loud screaming by the lobby. Only to see Ryujin being tackled by Jeongyeon. "Why are they fighting." Mingyu asks. "It's funny how when Itzy first debuted, they were not that close with you guys, now that it's been years, you're so close to the extent these things happen." JYP told them. "Everyone in the JYP building is scared of you, it's not like you guys bite or something?" JYP adds. "Oop- too late." Mina watches the two fight. "I don't need to give you guys advice anymore, but these two do." He sighs. "I'll see you this Sunday?" JYP leaves the table and waves them goodbye, and head to Jeongyeon and Ryujin. "What are they fighting over?" Mingyu asks again. "Found it." Mina tells him, and shows a photo to Mingyu. "Ryujin sent a photo in the JYP Nation chatroom of Jeongyeon unnie sleeping on the couch during practice." Mina explained. "Seriously?" Mingyu asks her in disbelief. "Seriously." Mina nods and laughs afterwards.

"Mnet Asian Music Awards, or known as MAMA, released the final lineup of artists to perform this Sunday."

"Mnet has also prepared some stages for us to anticipate."

"They haven't released WHO will perform the special stages yet." Mingyu says, as they watch the TV in the café. They were peacefully eating when the word "Mnet" got their attention. "Are you done?" Mingyu asks her. Mina hummed a yes, and stood up already. "Let's go." Mingyu grabbed her hand and walked outside the building with her. Places around the JYP building, and Twice's dorm, are where you can usually find Mingyu and Mina together, out without any masks or coverage on. Who knows why. Some people spot them, but they could care less. "Is Eunha in the building?" Mina asks Mingyu, driving to the company right now. "Probably. She was practicing when I last saw her, and I was about to leave the building that time." Mingyu explained.

"Hi!!!" Mina squeals as soon as she enters the company building. Gfriend were by the lobby when Mina and Mingyu arrived, so obviously Mina had to greet her friends. Eunha pointed at her confusedly and raised one eyebrow up. "I'm with Mingyu." Mina replied and pulled him near her. Eunha mouth an "ah" and nodded in return. "Are you assigned for a special stage?" Eunha asks Mina. "Yeah, I'm assigned to 4 stages. New version of My Name by BoA sunbaenim, JYP girl group medley, Duo with Momo for the opening ceremony, and Dream." Mina said and smiled afterwards. "Dream? Suzy and Baekhyun sunbae?" Eunha asked. "Yeah." Mina replied. "And with who?" Eunha asks curiously. Eunha's eyes widened, and her jaw dropped. "OMG? WITH MINGYU?" She squeals. Mina just nods and smiles. "And you?" Mina asks Eunha back. "Just 3." Eunha replied. "A group stage, and you're part of the opening ceremony too, right?" Mina followed. "Yup." Eunha replied. Mina and the other Gfriend members chatted for a while, until Mina had to practice already. "I'll cheer for you by the artist area." Eunha smirked. "MingMin, fighting!" The Gfriend members cheered. Mina just laughs and waves them goodbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 9.9K 56
Jeon Rio(y/n) A stubborn yet kind secret agent, she's only 5 y/o when his dad decided to train her to be part of his team, at first Rio protest beca...
9.5K 330 8
In your life, there will be a moment when you have to choose one between two options. Each of them will lead you into different outcome. In Mingyu's...
43.7K 1.1K 23
~~~ "which girl group that you want to be closer with?" ask the mc. They look at each other and then at the mc. "Twice" ~~~ "You in love with me" "tr...
20.9K 514 28
"Would you stay here, and hold me close" I'm bad at description, sorry