Harrisons - The Last Chapter

By symhere

Charlie gives birth to a beautiful baby girl. Maria is marrying Silas, again. Elizabeth is still trying to mo... More

Chapter One: From Where They All Left.
Chapter Two: Charlie In Labor
Chapter Three: Ella
Chapter Five: Misery And Insecurities.
Chapter Six: The New Insecurities.
Chapter Seven: Seeding The Doubts
Chapter Eight: An Uninvited Guest.
Chapter Nine: The Wedding (Part I)
Chapter Ten: The Wedding Day (Part II)
Chapter Eleven: Just Married
Chapter Twelve: A Big Announcement
Chapter Thirteen: Nothing's Too Easy.
Chapter Fourteen: The Foremost People.
Chapter Fifteen: A Secret Crush.
Chapter Sixteen: The Panic Within The Harrisons.
Chapter Seventeen: Building Trust, Repairing Relations.
Chapter Eighteen: To Find A Home.
Chapter Nineteen: One Last Try
Chapter Twenty: Dream Girl
Holiday Special: Marcus And Charlie
Chapter Twenty-One: An Ugly Truth
Chapter Twenty-Two: A Deadly Threat
Chapter Twenty-Three: Ally Or Enemy?
Chapter Twenty-Four: Hulk Marcus
Chapter Twenty-Five: For The Sake Of Normalcy.
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Fight
Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Weakening Bond.
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Motherliness Within.
Chapter Twenty-Nine: An Unexpected News
Chapter Thirty: Speculations and The Fear.
Chapter Thirty-one: Owen Harrison
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Agony Of The Harrisons.
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Fear of the Uncertainty.
Chapter Thirty-Four: When a Loved One Leaves
Chapter Thirty-Five: Big Decisions
Chapter Thirty-Six: A Sweet Welcome
Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Hard To Keep Secret.
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The One They Lost
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Last Goodbye
Chapter Forty: All Works Out For The Best
EPILOGUE
Epilogue (Part 2)

Chapter Four: The Pain Marcus Cause Her.

2.1K 48 0
By symhere

Silas was in his office when he heard a knock on his door. He asked the person to come in and his assistant walked in, "Hey Silas, Marcus is here to see you." Mr. Alton told him. Silas looked at him and smiled before asking him to let his brother in. Silas has often told Marcus that he doesn't have to ask to come to my office but each time that he visits – he likes to inform his assistant and ask him to ask Silas if he is busy. After a minute or so, Marcus walked into Silas's office with a smile on his face. "Hey Silas," Marcus greeted his younger brother. Silas looked at him and smiled back, "Hey brother, how are you?" He asked. Marcus sighed and sat on the couch before he rubbed his face, "Tired and always sleepy," He replied. Silas chuckled – he completely gets him. He feels the same now that he was the father as well. It still feels foreign to him that he was a father – he still gets nervous when he sees his boy – he often wonders if he will be able to give Ezra the life that he deserves. This thought and his endless crying have kept him up many nights as well. "I get it. Ezra likes to stay up all night as well," He told him. Marcus chuckled, "I am glad you feel the joys of fatherhood," He replied to which both of them laughed.

Silas ordered coffee for both of them before Marcus spoke, "By the way, I came here to invite you to dinner tonight at my and Charlie's new house. Also, I have news." He said as Silas sat back on the couch in front of his brother. His eyes widened, "Charlie's pregnant again." He assumed. Marcus brought his eyebrows together and almost immediately replied, "What? No." he said – his voice rose a bit before he cleared his throat and once again he said – this time he spoke normally, "No, Charlie is not pregnant." He shook his head. Silas tittered – he loves messing with his brother. "What is it then?" He questioned. Marcus rolled his eyes before he sighed, "I can assure you that Charlie and I both aren't ready for another baby," he cleared to which Silas nodded with a grin on his face. "Believe me, two are a handful." He added. Silas is always tired now that Ezra was around – he can only imagine what it is like to have two kids.

"Alright, so what is your news?" Silas asked his brother. Marcus licked his lips and smiled, "Yes, about that – well, Charlie and I have decided to get married soon after you and Maria." He said. A huge smile spread on Silas's face as soon as he heard the news, "That sounds amazing. I am so happy for you two," Silas said and stood on his feet and opened his arms, "This calls for a brotherly hug, man." Silas added. Marcus looked at his brother and got on his feet as well with a huge grin on his face. Silas and Marcus hugged before Silas announced, "This call for celebration. Let me ask my assistant to get us some wine," Silas said. Marcus narrowed his eyes, "You are going to drink alcohol during work time?" He asked. Silas sunk his shoulder, "God yes, this is the only time I can drink. In between work and spending time with Ezra – I hardly get any time to enjoy alcohol, so yes – I will drink now. Don't worry – my alcohol tolerance is pretty good." He replied. Marcus snickered and nodded, "Alright – maybe I can have a glass as well," He said.

Elna was at work when she kept getting a call from her brother. She has been ignoring him since the day he suggested to break Marcus and Charlie and Maria and Silas apart for their selfish benefits. She didn't agree with him. Elna doesn't think that her brother was thinking straight – how was he going to break them apart and have the guarantee to have Maria – she knows that Sean was a part of Ruby's plan and Elna doesn't believe that Maria will ever give her brother another chance. She doesn't care what Sean was scheming about but she knows that she can never break Charlie and Marcus apart. As much as it hurts her but she has seen Marcus with her. She has also seemed Marcus talk about her – Elna knows that Marcus will never love her as much as he loves Charlie. She didn't want to end the only contact she has with Marcus because of her brother's insane ideas.

When Elna's phone rang once again – she hissed in frustration. She didn't even have to look at her phone to know that it was her brother calling her again. Sean disappeared after the truth was revealed to Harrison – he didn't even look back. He left Elna to take care of her sick mother and went off to spend his luxurious life with his son and now after so many years – he has returned and Elna knows that it was only because of what he wanted and that was Maria. Elna grew up with Sean. She knows what kind of person he is. He can ruin other lives if he had to gain something. He would have never returned to see how his sister was doing all alone if it wasn't for Maria and Elna wasn't going to get in his trap this time. She was stupid enough to fall in it that last time – only for Marcus. Her feelings for Marcus didn't change – she thought it would but sadly it didn't – she still loves him yet she can't have him and she had accepted that but her brother couldn't get this in his head that there was no way he could have Maria back in her life.

Elna didn't want to but she answered the call anyway because she knows that he will not stop until she talks to him. "Sean, what is wrong with you? I am at work." She jibed at him. "You could have at least answered my messages," Sean replied. Elna sighed and rubbed her forehead, "Sean, please – I don't have tons of money as you do. I have a job and I am working right now – please, stop disturbing me," She replied to him sourly. It was only her third day and she didn't want to get fired because of her selfish brother. There was a pause before Sean replied, "If you need money then I can help you," He said that caused Elna to roll her eyes, "Sean, I prefer to beg then taking your money. Stop bothering me so much. I know why you have suddenly started caring for me. Whatever you are planning – I don't want to be a part of it. I already told you that. Now stop calling me," Elna sneered before she abruptly hung up the phone.

Charlie and Maria went to Charlie's new house – there Charlie was hosting dinner for her family. Unfortunately, Elizabeth was away for a weekend and Leo lives in Chicago as well therefore except for both of them – everyone else and some of Marcus's friends were invited. Marcus and Charlie have decided to break the news about their plans for getting married tonight. Although she had already told Maria and Marcus might have already mentioned it to Silas – no one else knows. "Have you found a venue for the wedding yet?" Charlie asked Maria as she pushed Ezra and Ella's stroller into the small garden area. Maria looked at Charlie sighed, "No, honestly – Silas and I don't want a fancy wedding. We were thinking about getting married in a church and then have a reception someplace small and private – where we could enjoy our day. I don't want the media or anyone else other than the close family and friends to know about it – I already had enough drama in my life – it is better if we keep it low profile," Maria replied. Charlie nodded, "I agree. Marcus and I are planning to get married here," She stopped in the middle of the garden area and pulled her hands out by her side. Maria stopped as well and smiled, "In the garden area?" She asked. Charlie nodded, "Yes, with just our family, and maybe some of Marcus's very close friends – no one else." She said. "Just like you, we don't want anyone else to know about our wedding as well. Before everything with David and that book went out – I honestly needed a big and fancy wedding but now – I don't want to. I want to keep it low profile as well," She replied.

Maria nodded her head with a smile on her face. Both of them were silent for a couple of seconds before Charlie sighed and spoke again, "Maria, there is another reason why I told you about our decision to get married before anyone else," She uttered. Maria looked at her before she sat on the chair and placed her crutches on the ground. Charlie sat on the chair beside Maria as well while Ezra and Ella were sleeping in their double stroller. "What is that?" Maria asked. Charlie smashed her lips together before she spoke, "Well, I didn't want you to feel that I was stealing your thunder by announcing about our wedding plans so close to your wedding. So, I wanted to ask you if it will be okay if we tell everyone else about it because if you will say then we will postpone this announcement until your wedding," Charlie said. Charlie and Marcus discussed it last night – therefore they decided to share this news with Silas and Maria before anyone else.

Maria knitted her eyebrows together – she was taken back a little to know that such thought even went through Charlie's head. "Charlie, are you kidding me? Why would I have any problem with it? All our lives we have always kept one another's happiness before each other and as always it is still the same. I wouldn't even mind if you get married before Silas and I – we are grownups and thinking about such small matters is the last thing on our minds so, don't be a fool and share this beautiful news with everyone else. I am sure everyone will be as happy as I am." Maria replied to Charlie. Charlie couldn't deny that she was a little relieved after hearing it from Maria. She thought that Maria would reply to her like that but she still wasn't sure. Maria has been through a lot and this happiness is the least she deserves and Charlie would never want to stomp over it.

Marcus had the same talk Charlie had with Maria and unlike Maria – Silas only laughed, called his elder brother an idiot, and told him to announce this news to everyone else as well. Like Charlie – Marcus was relieved as well. He has always been very careful about not making his siblings feel that he was trying to gain something at their expense. Marcus knows that if he brought it up in front of his father or siblings – they will get extremely upset with him but even though they had always made him feel home and never made him adopted – but deep down the fact never erases from his mind that he is not Harrison. Ruby's behavior with Marcus since he was a child has left a scar on his mind – he is always overthinking and stressing about the fact that he doesn't offend anyone. He always acts like it is his responsibility to keep a relationship with his siblings and father strong and real because deep down he feels scared and alone – overthinking nonexistent problems. He believes that it is much easier for him to break this bond the Harrisons have because he is not the blood.

After he talked with Silas – Marcus returned to his office which was far from his family business and went back to work. He was working on the financial statements of his small company when his phone started to ring. Thinking that it was Charlie as she usually calls him at that time, he answered without looking at the caller's identification. "Hey babe, how did it go with Maria?" He asked while his gaze was dancing at the figures he was seeing on the screen of his laptop. There was a pause – Marcus believed that he had lost connection with Charlie and just when he was about to check – she spoke, "Um – Hi, Marcus." It wasn't Charlie – it was Elna. Marcus stopped and knitted his eyebrows together. He had already asked Elna not to call her anymore. He just started to have a normal relationship with Charlie – he didn't want to fight with her because of Elna again. He had already answered the phone so with a sigh, he asked, "Yes, Elna – I apologize. I thought it was my wife," Marcus said.

Although, Charlie isn't Marcus's wife yet he still likes to refer to her as his wife – especially to Elna. That was a pause before he heard Elna's shaky breathe following her question, "You – you and her got married?" She asked. Her voice held a revelation. She didn't expect to hear that when she decided to call Marcus and thank him for referring her to her current job and she also wanted to let him know about her brother's plan – she didn't want to hurt Maria or Marcus but when she heard him calling Charlie his wife – she forgot everything as her heart sunk. Marcus didn't want to lie but known what Elna had done previously he decided to go with the lie, "Yes, we did actually." He replied. "Oh," Elna replied, "Um, con-congratulations to both of you." Her voice shook as she added. She was trying very hard not to cry but she couldn't hold her tears in and a single teardrop fell from her eye.

Marcus heaved when she heard her small voice – he felt like a douche for hurting her but he also believes that he had to – he had no other choice – Marcus is not stupid he can see how Elna is around him. He had to push her away because helping her is causing Charlie stress and that is the last thing he wants to do. "Thank you, Elna. How can I help you?" He asked – keeping his voice soft. He didn't want to sound too harsh to her. Elna didn't reply immediately but after a small pause, she said, "Oh – actually – I just wanted to thank you for the job. You really helped me and I will forever be grateful to you for your help," She said. She couldn't control her emotions – she wanted to cry but at the same time she didn't want him to know how deeply hurt she was so she cleared her throat, "Uh – that's it – I just wanted to thank you for the job." She said quickly. "I just asked them to interview you, Elna. You got the job because of your capabilities," Marcus replied. Elna smiled through the tears – this is why she fell in love with this amazing man. His politeness always speaks to her. "Um – still, I wanted to thank you for all your help." She said. "I promise I will never bother you again. I am sorry for all the inconvenience that I caused you." She added. Marcus sighed, "It is alright, Elna." He replied short. Elna gulped before she said farewell to him and cut off the call – leaving Marcus feeling reprobate. Elna closed her eyes and let the tears fall – she wasn't going to suppress her emotions today – she was going to cry as much as wanted – after all she had lost him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 11.4K 85
It's been five years since Zoey and Caleb brought their first child into the world. Since then life has been a real roller coaster for the two of the...
4.3M 28.1K 13
βˆ†Featured in Wattpad's Dangerous love profile's 'Millionaire and Billionaire' reading list~ βˆ†Featured in Wattpad's Cupid profile's 'Love conquers al...
361K 10.4K 47
Ethan is a 27 year old billionaire and an extremely awful husband to his 24 year old wife, Olivia. He only ever puts his interests before hers but ab...
33.3K 1.7K 62
Gracie is now the CEO of the multimillion-dollar company she built from scratch. To take her revenge on her uncle, who ruined her life, a business ty...