Harrisons - The Last Chapter

By symhere

Charlie gives birth to a beautiful baby girl. Maria is marrying Silas, again. Elizabeth is still trying to mo... More

Chapter Two: Charlie In Labor
Chapter Three: Ella
Chapter Four: The Pain Marcus Cause Her.
Chapter Five: Misery And Insecurities.
Chapter Six: The New Insecurities.
Chapter Seven: Seeding The Doubts
Chapter Eight: An Uninvited Guest.
Chapter Nine: The Wedding (Part I)
Chapter Ten: The Wedding Day (Part II)
Chapter Eleven: Just Married
Chapter Twelve: A Big Announcement
Chapter Thirteen: Nothing's Too Easy.
Chapter Fourteen: The Foremost People.
Chapter Fifteen: A Secret Crush.
Chapter Sixteen: The Panic Within The Harrisons.
Chapter Seventeen: Building Trust, Repairing Relations.
Chapter Eighteen: To Find A Home.
Chapter Nineteen: One Last Try
Chapter Twenty: Dream Girl
Holiday Special: Marcus And Charlie
Chapter Twenty-One: An Ugly Truth
Chapter Twenty-Two: A Deadly Threat
Chapter Twenty-Three: Ally Or Enemy?
Chapter Twenty-Four: Hulk Marcus
Chapter Twenty-Five: For The Sake Of Normalcy.
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Fight
Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Weakening Bond.
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Motherliness Within.
Chapter Twenty-Nine: An Unexpected News
Chapter Thirty: Speculations and The Fear.
Chapter Thirty-one: Owen Harrison
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Agony Of The Harrisons.
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Fear of the Uncertainty.
Chapter Thirty-Four: When a Loved One Leaves
Chapter Thirty-Five: Big Decisions
Chapter Thirty-Six: A Sweet Welcome
Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Hard To Keep Secret.
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The One They Lost
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Last Goodbye
Chapter Forty: All Works Out For The Best
EPILOGUE
Epilogue (Part 2)

Chapter One: From Where They All Left.

4.3K 70 2
By symhere

Recently, the Harrison's have been hanging out in Marcus and Charlie's new house a lot lately – probably because Charlie hasn't been feeling so very and she has been instructed to stay in bed – her due date was in less than a week – everyone is very excited where else Marcus has been worried sick for his wife-to-be – he lost Susan – he can't lose Charlie too. Where everyone was laughing and joking in the living room, Marcus sat beside Charlie – who was peacefully sleeping. He sighed, "I know you are upset with me," he whispered. "But I promise, I would never do anything that would hurt you," he added softly before he hunched and placed a soft kiss on her forehead – Charlie didn't wake up. Marcus was glad he didn't wake her up – or else she would have asked him to leave. Charlie has been really upset with Marcus for the past few weeks – she isn't even talking to him properly and it was killing Marcus. "I am sorry, Charlie." He whispered again and just then his cellphone buzzed again. Marcus glanced at Charlie before he took his phone from the nightstand and looked at the screen. He heaved and rubbed his eyes tiredly when he saw that it was Elna messaging him again, "God," He murmured under his breath and looked at Charlie again with glossy eyes – he was stuck. He didn't know what to do.

Silas laughed at something his father said while Maria chuckled and Elizabeth – she was looking out of the window. Since she has come to New York – it feels like she is not the same Elizabeth – she has left all her charm back in Chicago. Owen chuckled at his own joke and glanced towards his daughter to see her quietly staring out of the window. The smile he had on his face slowly wore off. He has been trying to talk to his daughter each day but nothing was making Elizabeth feel better. Owen felt as if he has lost his daughter in the incident. Silas and Maria were chatting about something related to their wedding which was in a month when Silas's phone rang – he took it out of his pocket and blew his cheek out, "It is work," he rolled his eyes and got on his feet. "I will have to take it," he said and walked away from the living room and jokingly ruffed Katie's hair – she was playing with Bear in the same area. "She shrieked, "Uncle Silas!" she complained but Silas just laughed and walked away to take the call. Maria smiled at Silas and Katie – she really loved how much they both have bonded. She has seen how much Silas has been careful about Katie since Ezra came into their lives. Maria saw the empty bowl of chips and some soda cans on the coffee table and with the thought of cleaning the table – she got on her feet.

Owen saw it and decided to help Maria. "Let me help you," he said and got on his feet as well before he glanced at Elizabeth one last time. Elizabeth was completely lost in her own thoughts – she didn't even care what was happening around. Owen sighed and followed Maria in the kitchen with the empty cans and bowl in his hands. Maria thanked Owen and took the empty cans from him and threw them in the trash. Owen cleared his throat, "Uh – Maria, when is Leo coming to New York?" he asked. Maria glanced at Owen before she put the bowl in the sink to be washed and smiled, "Tomorrow," she replied. Leo was supposed to come to New York a week ago but since he had some sort of emergency at the hospital – therefore, he had to stay. Owen nodded his head, "Good," he said. Maria brought her eyebrows together and looked at Owen – she didn't expect this reaction from Owen, "Good?" she chuckled. Owen smiled and nodded, "Well, as weird as I feel to say this but – I really think what Elizabeth needs now is your brother," he told her.

Maria sighed and licked her lips. Just last night Silas and she was talking about Elizabeth as well, she isn't doing well here in New York. Her misery was too visible for others and it was bothering the people that love her. Maria nodded, "I agree. You have no idea how different Leo was acting when he was with Elizabeth. He was happy. I didn't know the reason behind his uplifting mood was Elizabeth – but now, he has gone quiet and distant as well – like he was before he met her." She replied. Owen was silent for a few seconds before he nodded his head, "That incident has shattered them both," he commented. Maria couldn't agree less – that incident messed up so many lives. They almost lost Elizabeth and Rene – she was too young. She didn't deserve the death she got. Maria still wonders about Mrs. Cooke – Rene's mother. She tried calling her several times but no one answered.

When Charlie woke up – she stretched her swollen feet and sighed. She looked to her left to see Marcus sitting beside her with his head resting to the back and his eyes closed. He was holding a pillow to his chest. Charlie looked closely at Marcus – her lower lip wobbled. No one knows around the two of them but their relationship was hanging by the thread. One thing that always bothered Charlie was what if someone better comes to Marcus's life and he will stop loving her – she never thought of her of someone who could be the wife of Marcus Harrison, but Marcus never treated her differently – he always took good care of her – and somewhere in their love story – that concern and self-doubt vanished but recently it reappeared when Elna came back in their lives. She wasn't really worried about her – she thought that Marcus wouldn't even glance at her but turns out – he and Elna have been contacting each other behind her back.

She is scared now – Charlie is afraid that Elna is going to snatch Marcus from her – after all, Elna decided to be a part of Ruby's plan only to have Marcus. She was in love with him and now the thought of Elna stealing Marcus was stressing her. She was trying not to think so much about it as it could hurt her and the baby but sometimes – she can't help it. She looks at him and all she could see is him walking away from her. He had ensured her again and again that he is just helping her find a job but she was still being difficult to be dealt with. At this stage of their lives, she thought that they would be looking ahead. They will be excited. They might be planning their wedding as well, like Silas and Maria but the tension between the two of them has taken-over every happiness Marcus and Charlie were cravings for.

Marcus slowly opened his eyes – he didn't realize when he fell asleep. He breathes out and looked to his right to see Charlie was already awake and in fact, was looking at him. Even though the lights were dim but he could see how intently she was looking at him. He smiled softly, "Hey." She sighed, "Hey," she whispered back. Marcus brought his finger to her face and gently pushed her hair off her face, "Did you sleep well?" He asked her. Charlie mashed her lips together and emitted a long breath, "Yes," she nodded her head. Even though she had slept for almost an hour – still she wasn't feeling fresh – she was physically and mentally tired. Where she was scared of delivering the baby, she was also very excited and eager to hold her daughter in her arms. They were having another daughter and Marcus couldn't be more ecstatic about it – although, Charlie was hoping for a boy to complete their family she was happy with the girl as well – she was already looking for names but nothing was really clicking to her.

Marcus heaved, "Are you never going to talk, Charlie?" He was getting agitated – he wasn't cheating on her nor will he ever. He can't even think about it – he was just helping Elna – she really needs it. Marcus stood straight and held Charlie's hand in his, "I love you!" he emphasized. "I freaking love you the most and I can't even think about any other women. I am only helping Elna because she is desperate, Charlie – she really is. You should see her. I love you, Charlie, but I will not be able to sleep at night knowing that a person came to for help, and even though when I can help – I decided not to. Please – don't be like this, Charlie. I need you in it. Please," Marcus pleaded.

Charlie narrowed her eyes as tears filled in it, "I thought you weren't helping her anymore," her voice broke. Marcus's eyes slightly widened – he completely forgot that he told Charlie he will stop helping Elna when she was yelling at him – he was afraid that she will hurt herself or the baby, so he lied. Marcus gulped, "Look, Charlie –" Marcus tried to talk but Charlie didn't let her. "No, you couldn't sleep at night thinking of not helping her but you can sleep just fine after lying to me. I thought you weren't going to hide anything from me, Marcus, but of course – I was wrong." A tear fell from her eyes. Marcus opened his mouth to say something but Charlie stopped him. She snuffled, "I am very pregnant and tired right now – I just want to be alone – please, Marcus – leave me alone," She told him. Marcus felt a lump in his throat and after a pause, he replied with tears in his eyes, "I can do anything for you, Charlie, but I can't leave you alone right now," he said. Charlie didn't have the energy to fight with him – she only sighed and turned her head away from him. She closed her eyes and tears fell out of them and her heart clenched in her chest. The fear of losing her was back – she didn't want to feel this way but she couldn't help herself. Everything was a mess for her and Marcus.

Maria was staying with Charlie till her and Silas's wedding – Charlie needed her friend around the last few days of her pregnancy so, she asked Maria and since Maria wanted to live away from Silas till the wedding – she decided to stay with Charlie. It has already been three days since she has been here – although, Marcus has hired full-time help for Charlie – she still didn't feel comfortable around them and wanted Maria around. It was hard for Silas to let Maria live with Charlie for the next month. He had two very valid reasons to feel sad living alone – Maria and their son, Ezra – who was sleeping in his coat. Silas walked into Maria's temporary room and saw Ezra in his coat beside Maria's bed. His heart clenched seeing his beautiful boy sleeping so peacefully. Silas and Maria might not have made him but they loved him like their own – he was a Harrison – blood isn't the only thing that makes relations – relationships are beyond that. He smiled as she saw his little boy stretch in his sleep, "This is so unfair. How can mama think that dada can leave without you, my boy?" He said.

Owen was walking past the room Silas was in when he heard Silas talking to Ezra. Owen was overjoyed when he heard Silas call his son 'my boy' – just like Owen used to call Silas and Marcus. Owen suddenly started to feel emotional – he couldn't believe his children are all grown up. He had a grandson and daughters. He was a grandpop to them – he chuckled softly as he heard Silas talking to Ezra in a squeaky voice – just like he used when his kids were little. He sighed and soon he started to feel heavy – he looked up and blew his cheek out. He teared up, "Ruby, only if things were different – you could have felt the joy I am feeling today – only if things were different – and only if you weren't what you became." he whispered. He wiped the tear that fell from his eye and snuffled before he peeked into the room and saw Silas holding Ezra in his arm – he was awake and was very delighted to see his father. Owen didn't want to ruin the father-son moment and decided to go into the living room to play with his grand-daughter.

Maria walked back to her room to see Silas playing with Ezra. She laughed at Silas as he danced in the room with Ezra in his arm. Silas looked at Maria and shrugged, "I am not even embarrassed," he said and kept on dancing around. It wasn't only Maria who was amused – Ezra was enjoying it as well. Silas laughed and kissed Ezra's nose, "I could eat you, you little cubby monster of mine," he joked and rubbed his head on Ezra's belly. Ezra was too young to laugh out loud but he didn't try and let out a squeaky voice. Maria slowly sat on the bed and put her crutches on the floor. Silas placed Ezra on the bed and instantly he tried to reach out for her mother. Maria chuckled, "Come to mama," she called him and Ezra let out a cute squeaky voice that swelled Maria's heart as she took him in her arms. "Are you hungry?" She asked him and Ezra only let out a delighted voice. Silas was looking at his soon wife-to-be and son having a moment and he smiled. Without even been asked, Silas passed Maria a bottle of milk. Silas kept looking at them as Maria fed the hungry little boy. After a complete of seconds, Silas spoke, "I was thinking I should stay here tonight," He said. Maria looked at him and raised her eyebrow, "And what made you think that?" She asked. "Well, you and Ezra need me," he shrugged and stood straight. Maria chuckled, "Right," she said sarcastically. Silas rolled his eyes, "I am serious," he replied. "Ezra needs his dad and well, you know what you need me for," he playfully wiggled his eyebrows. Although Maria did get what he was trying to suggest – she brought her eyebrows together and playback with him. "Oh, yeah – right." She replied.

A grin stretched on Silas's face but it was short-lived when Maria added, "I would love to have you around to change and feed Ezra – that would be great, but Owen is leaving with you and so is Elizabeth and also, didn't we agree on living separately before the wedding?" she asked. Silas actually pouted his lips and narrowed his eyes, "Actually no, I didn't. You came up with his stupid idea – I never agreed. I just whatever you want – when I actually hated your idea," He replied. Maria laughed, "Well, you said whatever I want and I want this," she shrugged. Silas twisted his mouth. Maria chuckled and added "You can stay," Silas looked at it when she said it. A smile was just about to stretch on his lips when she added further, "But in a different room," she added. Silas narrowed his eyes before rolling them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 5.7K 48
Book #2 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #2 in Italianamerican 2022 #14 in Graphic 2022 #1 in Arguing 2023 #2 in Controlli...
662K 29.6K 57
Shorter chapters so don't let the amount of chapters keep you from starting this story. Joey Lattire was offered to a man at a young age. Knowing...
558K 9.1K 47
After Catherine found out she couldn't have children she went through a major depression. Not only because she'd never get to experience carrying a l...
33.4K 1.7K 62
Gracie is now the CEO of the multimillion-dollar company she built from scratch. To take her revenge on her uncle, who ruined her life, a business ty...