Will you be my Princess?

By shusumaon

"There's no way I'm marrying him!" "Do you think I want this either?" Lyrica is a regular 17-year old high sc... More

Prologue: The Garden
Chapter 1: The Golden Rose
Chapter 2: Her History
Chapter 3: His Visit
Chapter 4: First Date?
Chapter 5: Tournament of Troubles
Chapter 7: City Night Lights
Character Profile: Lyrica
Chapter 8: Above the Skies
Chapter 9: The Prince's Estate
Chapter 10: To be a Princess
Chapter 11: Downtown Valentino
Chapter 12: Facing Each Other
Character Profile: Cassien
Chapter 13: Ballroom Dancing
Chapter 14: Tea Party Conflict
Chapter 15: Post-Meeting
Chapter 16: House of Castillo
Chapter 17: Their Story
Character Profile: Ryan
Chapter 18: At the Palace
Chapter 19: Dinner with the Valentinos
Chapter 20: A Day Out
Chapter 21: Bottled Up
Character Profile: Peter
Chapter 22: D-Day
Chapter 23: Her Debut
Chapter 24: The Meaning of the Rose
Character Profile: Aubrey
Chapter 25: After Party
Chapter 26: What Happened?
Chapter 27: Christmas Banquet
Chapter 28: Poisoned
Character Profile: Grey
Chapter 29: A Child's Game
Chapter 30: The Cure
Chapter 31: Awake
Character Profile: Lucia
Chapter 32: The Auction
Chapter 33: Peter's Past
Chapter 34: Story of the Brothers
Chapter 35: The Council
Chapter 36: The Other Girl
Character Profile: Jeremiah
Chapter 37: At the Other Side
Chapter 38: Confession Not Easy
Chapter 39: Visiting
Chapter 40: To my Sister
Character Profile: Ava
Chapter 41: A Shocking Encounter
Chapter 42: Acceptance
Chapter 43: A Child's Laughter
Chapter 44: Drunken Truth
Chapter 45: The Banquet
Chapter 46: Aubrey
Chapter 47: I Miss You
Chapter 48: Past Memories
Chapter 49: Stories Before the Storm
Authors Note 1
Chapter 50: Preperation
Chapter 51: Her Entrance
Chapter 52: Revelations
Chapter 53: Connecting the Dots
Chapter 54: The Beginnings
Authors note 2: Ending is Near!
Chapter 55: Under the Stars
Chapter 56: All that was Lost
Chapter 57: Ever After [END]
Extras; the making of the story
About the Author/Updates
Will you be my Princess 2

Chapter 6: Into the Night

718 30 0
By shusumaon

It was the night before the dinner with Cassien and Lyrica still hadn't asked her aunt if she could go. Lyrica peaked out of the kitchen and saw her Aunt sitting with her grandmother, they were watching a late night talk show and were laughing at the jokes being made. Lyrica didn't want to ruin that mood, but at the same time she had to tell her. Lyrica slowly walked into the living room and sat down with them.

"This is quite the funny segment Lyrica!" Her grandmother said out loud.

Her Aunt looked over and noticed Lyrica had a worried look on her face.

"Lyrica are you okay you don't look so good?" Her Aunt asked.

"About that..." Lyrica started off, "See I was invited to go out tomorrow in the city." She explained to them.

"Tomorrow?" Her Aunt questioned, "It's a school night Lyrica you can't just go out."

"Yea but—" Lyrica tried to explain but she was cut off.

"Unless it's for practice I'm not going to let you go." Her Aunt said firmly, "Plus, who invited you?"

"The Prince..." Lyrica said quietly and she sank down to the seat a bit.

"The Prince?" Her aunt didn't seem happy about that after what happened the past week, "Obviously I'm going to say no then Lyrica. I already told you how I feel about Valentino. Let's keep it that way."

Lyrica sat on the couch a bit defeated and her grandmother noticed this. She closed her eyes and sighed out, "Mei dear, just let her go." She said in a calm voice.

Lyrica quickly looked over to her grandmother and her eyes were full of surprise. She wouldn't think her grandmother would let her go either.

"What do you mean mom? Haven't you seen what happened over the past week?" Her aunt stood up, "Lyrica your not going."

"Mei..." her grandmother sighed, "I understand you have a grudge against Valentino. But—"

"But what?" Her aunt furrowed her eyebrows. She then looked at Lyrica, "Fine!" She gave up, "If you want to go then you go."

"Wait what—" Lyrica was confused.

"I don't want any part of the Valentino's, but it's your own choice if you want to go there. It seems like if I told you no Anyways, you probably would've sneaked out with Lucia's help."

Weirdly Lucia did mention she would sneak her out of the house if her aunt rejected her request anyways.

"I'm going to do the dishes." Her Aunt walked away from the living room and went straight into the kitchen.

"I don't understand what her deal is..." Lyrica sighed out.

"Lyrica it's quite a complicated story." Her grandmother said, "For now get some rest since you have a nice meal coming up." She smiled her same warm smile at her.

"Alright goodnight grandmother." She kissed her grandmothers cheek and walked to her room. But, before she took a peek into the kitchen to see that her aunt was sitting at the table with her head laying on the table. Lyrica wanted to go inside, but she knew if she did her Aunt would be more upset. So instead she turned around and headed towards her room.

- the next day after school -

"So that's basically what happened." Lyrica explained to Lucia.

"So she didn't even put much of an argument?" Lucia questioned.

"Mhm." Lyrica nodded her head, "My Aunt just gave up I guess and decided to let me go." Lyrica explained to her.

"Well isn't that great?" Lucia tried to make the best out of that situation.

"I mean...I'm not too sure." They we're both walking down the hallway when they saw Ryan who was facing away from them talking to someone. Lyrica wanted to run up and scare him like she always did, but she noticed who he was talking to. She can see the golden curls just behind Ryan and she knew right away it was Aubrey.

"What's up?" Lucia noticed the change in mood of Lyrica and she looked where she was looking to and saw Ryan. She then smirked and nudged Lyrica with her elbow.

"What?" Lyrica looked at her.

"You jealous?" She said in a teasing tone.

"What!" Lyrica said surprised, "No! Why would I be jealous?"

"I don't know, I mean you've known Ryan for such a long time and you do know that every girl in the school likes him. You never developed feelings for him during the time you've known him?"

"I mean..." Lyrica thought about it for a second.

Ryan is one of my closest friends, someone who understands me every time I'm troubled with something. I don't think I like him or anything...

"Ryan is just a really close friend of mine." Lyrica answered, "I've never really thought of him that way..."

"I see I see." Lucia nodded her head.

Oof that sucks for Ryan then.

"Hey look out there!" Someone shouted out.

A bunch of people brushes passed Lyrica and Lucia. They looked over to where the voice was coming from, it was the school exit. They began to walk towards the exit door to see all the commotion.

They brushed passed Ryan and Aubrey who were both having a conversation while the commotion was going on.

"Aubrey look, you've got to stop this." Ryan said in a stern voice.

"Stop what?" Aubrey she wasn't paying attention to him and instead was looking at her phone.

Ryan placed his hand on her phone to push it down from her sight, "Aubrey I've told you so many times, you and Lyrica are both special to me. I get that you both are mad at each other, but don't you think it's enough? Do you really have to keep messing with her? What happened in the past was the past. Plus Aubrey, from what you explained to me what happened back then shouldn't have even happened in the first place. It was literally out of your hands."

"Both special? What a load of crap Ryan. I know you care for her than you do for me!" She snapped, "Ever since that incident she never looked at me the same...Along with you too. You never saw me the same, you just pity me at this point. Just admit how you feel about her already! Everyone in this god damn school knows about it already so why hide it?"

"I...I can't." He shook his head, "Especially right now it isn't the right timing."

"Well it's going to be a little too late isn't it? Until that Prince sweeps her off her own little feet." She pointed outside to where the commotion was coming from and they both walked to that direction, "I was the one who called them."

"You!" Ryan said furiously, "You called the paparazzi here? Why the hell would you do that Aubrey!"

"Well in this story I'm the villain now aren't I?"

"That's not what I meant." He sighed, "These sort of actions need to stop. Now Aubrey, I'm being serious." He walked passed her while shaking his head.

"Hey!" She yelled out and furrowed her eyebrows.

He's still taking your side...Just like always Lyrica, just like always...

Outside was a black car with Jeremiah standing outside waiting for Lyrica. Everyone was taking pictures and there were guards holding off the crowd.

"Lady Lyrica!" Jeremiah waved his hand in the air once he spotted her.

"Oh my gosh..." Lyrica was a bit frozen seeing all the cameras outside. It made her a bit nervous and she felt her heart beating.

"Aren't you going to go?" Lucia looked over to Lyrica who seemed a bit pale.

"Y-Yea!" Lyrica reacted quickly and walked stiffly towards Jeremiah, "G-Great to see you again!" She forced a smile.

"Are you okay Lady Lyrica?"

"Just fine! Let's just get out of here please." She said a bit desperately.

"Of course." He opened the car door for her and everyone around them screamed when they saw Cassien inside with his sunglasses on.

Cassien got out from the car and smiled brightly at everyone. He waved to each single camera he saw and look down to meet Lyrica's eyes. She still seemed a bit frozen and awkward.

"Get in." He said to her in a stern voice, but he still managed to smile at the crowd.

"R-Right!" He helped her get into the car and he shut the door for her.

"C'mon Jeremiah." Cassien gave a signal to Jeremiah to go back inside the car and they both went inside.

Lyrica looked outside and she saw just saw a bunch of cameras and eyes staring directly at her. She had never so nervous until that moment.

"What's up with you?" Cassien asked her.

"What do you mean?" Lyrica turned towards him.

"Your so stiff. You acted like a robot out there." He teases.

"A-A robot! I'm not a robot, I was completely calm and collected." She disagreed.

"Okay, whatever you say." He looked out the window and saw they were leaving the school, "Quite the big crowd. We didn't even tell anyone were coming."

"I mean they're going to recognize you right away, especially with someone like Jeremiah standing out there."

"I guess your right."

"So where are we going again?"

"Well we're going to the restaurant in the ocean I talked to you about. But, first you need to get fitted for a dress."

"A dress?" Lyrica was confused, "What do you mean?"

"The dress code for the restaurant is formal, and with what your wearing. You'll be kicked out immediately." He explained.

"Why didn't you tell me this before? I could've brought a dress that I own."

"It's fine. Plus, I think the dresses you own won't compare to the place we are about to go to."

"Wow, okay then." Lyrica said offended.

- 1 hour later -

"Your highness and Lady Lyrica, were here." Jeremiah told them.

Lyrica opened the car door and looked outside. It was a small boutique with the name "Monique" written out in cursive to display.

"What is this?" She asked him.

"This is a famous designer branch for royals in Valentino. They have an American branch here for well-known celebrities and politicians." Jeremiah explained to her.

"Oh." She felt a bit overwhelmed. But, she followed Cassien inside who opened the door for her, "Woah." Her eyes widened when she saw the inside of the place. It had a vintage aura to it as everything such as the walls were a dark oak wood. But, on the displays that were lit up were ballroom dresses aligned in the order of the rainbow. On the right side there were also suits for men.

"Your highness!" A old man and his young assistant walked towards them. He had a monocle and a grey mustache. His assistant was pretty, she had medium-lengthen brown hair, tanned skin, and worse black glasses.

"Glory to the Valentino Empire." They both said to him. The man bowed, while the girl did a curtsy.

"So what brings you here at my old shop?" The old man asked.

"I'm here with Lady Lyrica Castillo."

Lyrica looked over to him a bit surprised he actually referred to her as "Lady".

"We need a dress for a restaurant we're going to." He explained to her.

"Ah I see, hello. My name is Robert Montgomery. I first started this boutique in Valentino, but since moved here in the state to cater for celebrities and such." He bowed at Lyrica and so did his assistant, "I've seen the news, your quite the flower in person."

"Me!" She said shyly and blushed, "Haha no way!" She waved her hand disagreeing with his comment.

"Anyways..." Cassien looked slightly disgusted, "I think a simple dress would do. Nothing too flashy of course."

"Yes yes! My assistant Mikaela can help you out." He said to her.

"Right this way." Mikaela guided Lyrica to the changing rooms.

"Your growing up quite fast aren't you your highness." Mr. Montgomery said to Cassien, "I can't believe your already getting engaged. But, I bet you don't want to huh?" He smiled at Cassien.

"Pfft, what makes you say so." Cassien asked.

"You've always been the independent type ever since I fitted your first suit for your first event." Mr. Montgomery said in a soft tone, "But, hey maybe this will be the best for you. Maybe your thinking right now is a bit negative about the situation? But, just looking at that girl...She's a bit over your league."

"What!" Cassien exclaimed.

"Don't get me wrong, but she's a bit too good for you." Mr. Montgomery joked.

"Whatever, is there any coffee here?" Cassien asked.

"Nope." Mr. Montgomery walked over and showed him a tea can, "Just this." He smiled at him.

- in the fitting room -

"So what kind of dress were you thinking of today?" Mikaela asked.

"Uhhh..."

"See we have a simple high low dress, a dress that's a bit above the knees, there's also different necklines such as sweetheart, or I think queen-Anne necklines are in season? Right?" She looked at her with excitement in her eyes.

"Uhhh." Lyrica started to laugh nervously, "I'm not really an expert on dresses. So I'm not really sure what would look good on me...Why don't you just pick some out that you think would suit me the best?"

"Oh! I'm sorry I overwhelmed you! I'll get started right away! For now just sit down and I'll bring some over." She said to her.

"Okay thank you!" Lyrica sat down on the red velvet couch. She checked her phone and noticed she had no notifications.

I guess Aunt Mei isn't that worried...

Then, she got a new notification from Lucia.

How's the little date going?

"Lucia..." Lyrica sighed out and shook her head, "Why are you like this."

- outside the fitting room -

"So you came to visit why?" Mr. Montgomery sat down with Cassien, "You didn't just come visit the states for her correct? There must've been something else."

"I've just been doing schedules this whole time. I barely had time to breathe." He explained to him, "There's also something else my father wanted me to check out. There's this corporation that is willing to help with donations during the Christmas ball. I forgot who they're called again...Their last name is Roberts."

"Oh! I believe I made him a suit once...What was his first name again...Christopher!"

"Yea that's the one." Cassien nodded his head in agreement, "They were actually suggested by the Central Duke."

"Really? How's he been doing? I haven't seen him since the funeral."

"He's running the Central well. Of course what everyone says is that he can't compare to her father, but he's doing his job."

"I see."

"We've finished finding a dress." Mikaela came out of the room and held the door open for Lyrica.

Cassien looked over and his eyes grew a bit big when he saw her change. She was wearing a deep blue satin midi a-line dress and the neckline was a queen-Anne neckline with small sleeves. She was also wearing a pearl necklace and earrings, given to her by Mikaela.

"How do I look?" Lyrica walked over to the mirror to take a look at herself. It was a bit different than usual so she felt a bit shy. She turned around to Cassien and Mr. Montgomery to get their approval.

"It looks wonderful my dear! Mikaela you did a great job!"

"Thank you sir!" She smiled proudly.

"What do you think?" She looked at Cassien.

"It...It looks fine." He got up from the chair, "Well I think we are probably done here Mr. Montgomery. Thank you for your help."

"No! Your highness it's a pleasure to serve the future leader."

"Thank you, let's go." He looked at Lyrica.

"Right." Lyrica walked with him and she waved goodbye at the two, "Thank you!"

He held the door open for her and they both walked out. Cassien opened the car door for Lyrica and she went inside. She looked outside the window and saw the sun was close to setting.

"It's almost night time, I feel like the day went by a bit fast." She said to him.

Cassien looked outside and saw the bright yellow sun. He put his elbow onto the window and placed his hand on his cheek.

"I guess so."

After a few minutes the made it to the dock where the boat was waiting for them. There weren't any people standing outside and it almost felt isolated. Lyrica never saw this part of town before so she felt a bit foreign when she stepped outside.

"This is the place?" She looked up to him.

"Yup, hope you don't get sea sick." He teased.

"Hey." She squinted at him, "I'm not going to get sea sick. I have a strong mental block."

She looked out and a saw a big white boat waiting for the two of them. Outside standing were two servers a male and a females. Right next to them was the captain smiling as they approached.

"Your highness Glory to the Valentino Empire!" They said in unison.

"Be at peace." He told them.

"And Lady Lyrica we welcome you to this private boat." The captain smiled at them, "I am the captain of this boat, and the chef!"

"With a captain and a chef? Why?" She questioned.

"We'll just for today we were told that the Prince wanted to go out into the ocean, isn't that right?" He looked at Cassien.

"Really?" She raised her eyebrows and nudged him, "So you planned this?"

"Maybe." He smirked, "Let's go inside."

"Yes! We'll lead the way." The male waiter said and he brought them inside of the boat. Inside was a table converted with a table cloth and ceramic plating.

Cassien pulled out the chair for Lyrica and sat down gently onto the chair. He then sat down in front of her.

"Both of you would like water of course?" The female waitress asked.

"Yes please!" Lyrica smiled at her.

The female waitress blushed and she quickly walked away. She was a bit taken aback from Lyrica's beauty.

"We'll be back with your refreshments." The male bowed and left the room.

"It's nice in here." Lyrica looked around and noticed the walls were also wooden, but a lighter wooden color than the boutique, "So this isn't really a restaurant in a boat, but a boat you just rented out?"

"Mhm." Cassien nodded his head, "Personally I don't like it when there are other people around when I eat, which is why I did it like this." He explained to her.

"I see..." she felt like laughing a bit so she hid it with her hand.

"What's so funny about that?" He cocked his head.

"It just seems kind of childish in my opinion. Your so well-mannered and act mature...Sometimes." She pointed out, "I mean the whole opening the door for me and pulling my chair out."

"Well I can't keep this act up twenty four seven you know, plus I just do it so I don't get any bad rep from the crowd."

The captain opened the door and was holding a tray of appetizers for the two. He was whistling and set the tray down. In front of them were crackers, fresh mozzarella cheese, and some protein such as pepperoni, prosciutto, and sausage.

"Wow this is like a fancy lunchables!" Lyrica looked at the food.

"Lunchables?" Cassien questioned.

"It's a state thing." The captain said, "Enjoy!" He looked over and saw the waiter and waitress come in with their drinks to set it down, "We will get the main course ready." They all went back into the kitchen.

Cassien looked over at Lyrica to watch her eat. She looked down and grabbed a cracker and added the ingredients given onto the cracker. She brought her face closer to the table so that she wouldn't get crumbs onto her napkin placed onto her lap. She took a full bite of the cracker and closed her eyes

This tastes pretty good for a starter. I don't really eat food like this since grandmother cooks Asian food in the house...

"How is it?"

She opened her eyes and noticed that Cassien was slightly laughing at her. She blushed in embarrassment and quickly raised her head.

"I-It was good." She avoided his eyes.

"Pfft." Cassien reached over and wiped some crumbs off her face, "You have something there." He flicked it off.

"Wow what a gentleman." She responded to him. She took another cracker and began making the same one as she ate before.

Cassien watched as she repeated the process a couple of times and he joined in with her. They were a bit silent after talking for a little bit. They both didn't know what to say to each other. The atmosphere felt a bit awkward until the Captain came back with the main dish.

"Here is the main dish!" He brought in the plates and set them down, "Lobster risotto!" He said with glee. The waiter and waitress then clapped for him, "I hope it is to your likings. If you need anything else call these two over here. Also, we'll be departing a bit off shore as you eat the dish."

"Thank you." Cassien said to them and they watched as they left the room again. When he looked back at Lyrica she was already eating, "Uh did you not eat today?"

She nodded her head as she swallowed a piece of the lobster, "Yea, I actually forgot to bring my lunch at school so this whole time I was starving!" She said jokingly.

"Starving! You should be taking care of yourself you dum dum." He scolded her, "It's important to get—"

"Three meals a day." She finished his sentence and pointed her fork at him, "Your like my Aunt, she always told me that as a kid because I never ate anything. I was quite picky when I was younger." She continued eating her food.

"You have a smart Aunt."

"She's a bit stubborn too. I'm surprised she let me out to get dinner with you." She sighed.

"She was against this?"

"Yea she was against this. My aunt has a burning passion of just hating the whole royalty thing. It has a lot do with whatever happened in the past. But...It just seemed like she never moved on from it."

"She has her reasons and it's understandable. Is her thought the main reason why your against going?" He asked her, "Or is it from your own will."

"I..." she never though of it that way before, "I'm not sure." She avoided his eyes again and began to eat. It felt awkward we again leaving it off at that note. As they both continued to eat they finished their plants after a couple of minutes.

The captain came back and looked a bit disappointed at the atmosphere. So he was hoping to brighten it up with what he was going to say next, "Ahem!" He started off, "We've stopped the boat here. If you head to the deck you'll be able to see a good view of the city." He pointed towards the exit door.

Lyrica and Cassien both got out of their seats

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 6.9K 95
In order to save, her kingdom she must attend the contest. In order to rule, he must choose a wife. All Ellora wants is to stay home. Be on the Islan...
16.5K 503 21
This is a Vampire short story 🌹[Complete draft | Unedited] Clara Spark, a breed of hidden royal vampire, knows not of her destiny or fate as a royal...
8.4M 404K 46
I was sure the worst thing to ever happen to me would be being kidnapped, and sure, that was pretty bad. However, what was worse was being kidnapped...
13.8K 1.8K 49
Even teen evil queens need love. Right? (Or at least a handsome sword-fighting minion to do their bidding!) *** Bad things happen when Rowen is aroun...