ONE DARK QUEEN ❖ (A Three Dar...

By PheonixGuardian

THREE DARK QUEENS are born in a glen SWEET LITTLE TRIPLETS will never be friends THREE DARK WITCHES all fair... More

Beginning Note
CHAPTER ONE: UMBRA
CHAPTER TWO: ROLANTH
CHAPTER THREE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FOUR: BASTIAN CITY
CHAPTER FIVE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIX: THE SEA
CHAPTER SEVEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER EIGHT: UMBRA
CHAPTER NINE: SAND HARBOUR
CHAPTER TEN: PRYNN FOREST
CHAPTER ELEVEN: LACTON SQUARE
CHAPTER TWELVE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: MOORGATE PARK
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: INDRID DOWN TEMPLE
CHAPTER NINETEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY: UMBRA
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: ONDINA'S COVE
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: ONDINA'S COVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: SHANNON'S BLACKWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY: THE ARRON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: THE WESTWOOD ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: THE WESTWOOD ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: THE ARRON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTY THIRTY SEVEN: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT: THE DISEMBARKING
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: INNISFUIL VALLEY
CHAPTER FOURTY: QUEEN NALANI'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY ONE: THE FIRE DOME
CHAPTER FOURTY TWO: QUEEN ARWEN'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY THREE: THE QUICKENING
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR: QUEEN CARINA'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE: QUEEN CARINA'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY SIX: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FOURTY NINE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN: INNISFUIL VALLEY
BEFORE
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIXTY: THE BLACK COTTAGE
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE: PRYNN
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO: UMBRA
THE BIRTH
AUTHORS NOTE
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE: THE BLACK COTTAGE
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR: PRYNN
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIXTY SIX: ROLANTH

CHAPTEE THIRTY FIVE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT

59 1 8
By PheonixGuardian

"You poisoned and manhandled a queen," Pele hisses as she looks down at her son in pure anger. Stupid boy. Absolutely stupid. She cannot for the life of her think why he thought this was acceptable behaviour. This is Fennbirn not some silly foreign mainland; the queens' are scared and Achilles has violated one.

Achilles only shrugs, ever the arrogant and reckless boy now man that he's always been,  "she would've given me a hard time in retrieving her whether I weakened her or not, I was protecting myself from getting roasted alive from her gift."

"Oh how do you know that you stupid boy, you didn't even consider a diplomatic approach," Pele snaps, loosing her temper completely. Usually she can be relied on to keep a cool head about her but when it comes to her children they can always be relied on to get a rise out of her with their stupid actions.

"Well the fact that she snuck away in the first place proved that she didn't want to be here," Achilles explains calmly not phased at all at the snarling lioness standing in front of him.

"You were supposed to be guarding her," Pele says shaking her head in exasperation and anger. Still cursing both on the inside and outside at this situation.

"I went to her encampment as you instructed only to find her two guards drugged and unconscious and no elemental queen to be found," Achilles says, "I didn't know what danger she was in, I had to track her down."

"Then you poisoned her and carried her back here against her will," Pele says, struggling to understand her son in the slightest.

Achilles just sighs and Pele slams her hand down on the table with such force that everything shudders and Achilles has the good sense to let a small glimmer of fear shown in his eyes.

"It was just some simple herbs to temporarily dilute her gift, her going to sleep was a side effect, and I brought her back here safely and I am currently guarding her," he says, gesturing to the bed where Nalani lays, still unconscious and sleeping almost peacefully. For now. It will not be long until she wakes up but if the herbs work correctly, she shouldn't remember a thing.

"I don't think you realise how serious this is," Pele hisses, "you've committed a crime, you have poisoned a queen and then manhandled her, essentially kidnapping her."

She starts pacing as she keeps talking, "you are lucky that you are my son otherwise you could face serious penalties that I would have to issue as Head of the Black Council perhaps even death."

"Thank the Goddess boy for if you weren't my son then you would be punished severely," she repeats shaking her head, "though I am the leader of the island my family comes first before the rest of Fennbirn and I am your mother and you are my son, I will protect you with every breath so no one else will know."

Achilles nods, grateful but still irritated, "I don't need your protection."

He doesn't mean to sound rude but he is a man, a warrior and he doesn't need his mother to protect him,

"I don't need you," he spits, now trying to purposefully wound her after she has given him a scolding. His mother makes him feel like he is a young foolish novice again who's been misbehaving. It isn't a good feeling and makes him want to snap back at her by a natural instinct.

Before he has time to react Pele is upon him, swift as an adder, as her hand recoils, curling into a fist before she punches him square in the face with such force that he falls off of his chair. Any other woman would've slapped but war gifted woman will punch with more force than a male warrior at times.

Dazed, he scrambles about on the floor before he rises to resume a defence position automatically, blood is now streaming down from his nose. He should've been able to anticipate that move. To anyone else he would've seen it coming a mile off. But this warrior in front of him is his mother and instructor, she's taught him nearly everything he knows. So she knows how to beat him as easily as drawing breath. And war gifted attack so much faster than any mainland warrior, he forgets that.

Humiliated, he puts a hand to his nose, warily stealing glances at his mother who stands calmly and collected as she waits for him to stand up properly. Scowling, he rises to his full height which should've been intimidating to his mother, who despite her muscular slim warrior's figure is still shorter than him by about a head's length. Despite her shorter stature Achilles feels as tiny as an ant as he stands before the predator before him.

"If you want to be treated like a man and like a warrior worth anything then you should damn well start acting like it," She snarls, bearing her shiny teeth at him in an animalistic way, "you may be the oldest, the best and the fiercest but you got all of that from me and trust me I am ten times as fierce and nasty as you are. Don't try me little boy, I'll knock you right on your ass in the dirt in front of everyone to teach you a damn lesson about discipline," she finishes calmly watching with an faintly amused expression as she watches the anger pour from him, "now shut your idiotic mouth and help me fix your mess."

Achilles can only nod and bites his tongue to stop himself from snapping right back at her, but that will earn him a full beating and he knows better than to challenge his mother. She is the best warrior on the island and she personally trained him into the warrior he is today. He owes her everything but as of right now all he wants to do is curse at her until his voice is too dry to speak, not because he wants to defend himself but because he knows she's right. She always is. But that doesn't mean he has to like it.

Pele only shakes her head at her son, her temper now sizzling out like a freshly doused fire, "you have forgotten our ways boy, you have forgotten the way of the island, people will whisper about it, they will call you a mainlander with those mainland clothes and your mainland customs. No islander would've dared to commit your crime."

"I do not care what the people think, I may have been travelling the mainland for the past two years and I may have forgotten Fennbirn's customs and the way of life here but I was born here and I will die here, I am an islander at heart," Achilles says, eager to defend himself.

He truly believes it. Travelling across the mainland was thrilling but he has always felt he pull of the island, luring him back to the island like a siren's call. Fennbirn would not let him go, not truly, it is as much a blessing as it is a curse.

Pele cups his cheek in a rare moment of tenderness which is of no real surprise to Achilles for all the Murtras switch from love to anger like the speed the wind changes its direction. He allows his mother to be affectionate for now. Pele knows what it is like to be a young islander and explore something beyond the island but he is here now and the island will not let him go again.

"I understand but next time use your head and think of the consequences of every action you make, well at least we Nalani was found and is safe, who knows what might have happened if she stumbled across any drunk rogue poisoners or shadows in the woods alone," she says kissing his forehead as she used to when he was a boy, "do not worry I will take care of everything."

Achilles nods and they both trade a look of understanding.

"What poison herbs did you use?" Pele asks, looking at Nalani wearily as if she may never wake. That truly would be the cherry on top to all her problems. A dead queen accidentally killed by her own son. How Andrea and Cierra would laugh and crow over her, before they took her head followed by her son's.

"Only one to weaken her gift," Achilles reassures, "and one that will make her forget the past few hours when she wakes."

Pele nods, slightly more relaxed in her stature but still with assessing and weary eyes, "that's good and it is for the best that she forgets, otherwise the alliance between us and the Westwoods would be over and Queen Nalani could demand your head."

"Do not worry mother I took precautions and as soon as she wakes I will stay true to my duty and guard her faithfully," Achilles promises, silently reprimanding himself for his foolishness. He doesn't believe he's entirely in the wrong but he probably should've thought it through more rather than acting on impulse. Warriors are meant to act on impulse just not regarding the queens. He has just been away from the island for so long he has forgotten the laws and customs of his homeland.

But honestly he mainly did it because he's heard tales of the strength of her gift and burning alive isn't really the death he has envisioned for himself.

He's travelled to many mainlands Salkades, Bevellet, Valostra and even Centra with its ruling kings rather than any queens and the mighty building of Torrenside Castle with structure even to rival the grandeur of the Volroy.

That is a world where mean rule and the rulers are not sacred, they do not need to fight to the death for their crown and if they died then another of the royal line would be there to take their place. And the rulers are always sons, never any daughters. Which is strange.

Achilles forgets that Nalani is a queen and that now he is on Fennbirn, the island where women rule. Here death is immediate to any who harm any of the queens in any way. Well depending on the situation.

Achilles can admit that it was quite stupid of him and a mistake he will not do again. He's scolded some of his soldiers for less when he commanded them. Punished them for less.

"I will make some sort of excuse up to Vivianne regarding Nalani's whereabouts," Pele says and Achilles just gives a curt nod again.

They both glance to the bed and then help themselves to some wine, unaware that the Fire Queen has been fully awake and listening to their every word.

She has not forgotten and she will not forgive. Not entirely. But she will let it go for now at least but her new guard should watch his back. You know what they say about little boys who play with fire. They get burnt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 194 20
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ Recent events have cancelled this old, old story. However! The synopsis for the rest of the chapters I had planned are at the...
Found Again By IrisClark

General Fiction

253K 6.2K 59
Juliane, Jayin, Jorden triplets were raised by their abusive drug-addicted mom Erica. All three have a traumatic past that they don't willing share...
63.3K 3.2K 73
Some say that everyone's fate is already determined. If that's the case, Estelle Marzena is greatly disappointed with hers. Her greatest dream is to...
31.2K 630 14
|| Highest ranking: #9 in protection ⚔️ #1 in A Court Of Thorns and Roses🌹 #7 in Sarah J Maas 🧝🏼‍♀️ || "What?" Rhys asked, frowning at Mor. She s...