The Life Of A Quiet Girl✅

By Olajumoke_writes

(ʙᴏᴏᴋ #1, ʜᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀɴ ʙᴏʏꜱ ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ) Curiosity is a willing, a proud, and eager confession of ignorance... More

COPYRIGHT
Book One Of Hooking The DAN Boys series
PROLOGUE
Chapter 01- Raindrops
Chapter 02- Fear
Chapter 03- Brown Eyes
Chapter 04- Derrick
Chapter 05- Princess
Chapter 06- Resolution
Chapter 07- The Instructor
Chapter 08- Sorry
Chapter 09- Who Is He?
Chapter 10- Toast
Chapter 11- GrowUp
Chapter 12- Cramps&Hormones
Chapter 13- Anonymous
Chapter 14- Hoodies
Chapter 15- Pizza On A Date
Chapter 16- Humble
Chapter 17- Pills 321
Chapter 18- Butterfly kiss
Chapter 19- Busted
Chapter 20- Face Time
Chapter 21- Anonymous
Chapter 22- Murderer
Chapter 23- Memories
Chapter 24- Hooked
Chapter 25- If Only
Chapter 26- Lonesome Man
Chapter 27- The Letter
Chapter 28- Arguments
Chapter 29- Bad Guy
Chapter 30- Blackmail
Chapter 32- Love
Chapter 33- Witty, Smart And A Talkative
Chapter 34- Curious Girlfriend
Author's Note
New Book Alert!

Chapter 31- Mine

346 60 40
By Olajumoke_writes

Derrick's POV

"What did they say?" Nichole asked, immediately I got off the phone call with Kayla's parent. I had almost forgotten about them in my rush to find Kayla.

"Told me they were on their way now with the police. The detective guy had said not to do anything when we get to the place, that they were gonna take it up from there." I replied.

I heard Korede snort beside me. Everyone seemed to have a reaction at the news.

"Take it up my ass. So what are you gonna do? Listen to them?" Nicholas asked once again.

"I'm sure as hell not backing down now. I'm going in there and getting my girl out. I'll be damned if I waste any precious minutes waiting for the police to get there first."

"Good cos I wanna kick some ass." Nichole stated proudly. He had a mischievous smile on.

"How far are we to the place? We almost there?" I asked peering at Allen who was so concentrated on the road.

"Any moment from now."

And that was true because he steered the car to the right, unto a path, leaving the main road behind. We continued on the narrow path as there were large tall trees on each sides.

We all exchanged worried glances.

"There!" Muyiwa exclaimed making all of us jump in our seats. "Straight ahead!" He continued, when he saw we weren't too pleased.

Sure enough, silhouetted on a large clearing just right after the narrow path, stood the large buildings of Omniscience pharmaceutical company.

"Duh we can all see it." Nicholas spoke up, making a huge show of rolling his eyes.

No one was in sight as the car slowly came to a stop, just a few meters away from the clearing. The place looked quiet, except the sound coming from the factory generator.

"So are we going in or what?" Korede asked, looking skeptical at the large gate and tall walls with spikes, which surrounded the building in a protective manner.

"Of course not." I assured. "We would be going into the woods instead."

She gulped. I guess that last part wasn't reassuring enough.

"Please don't sweeten the word Forest, let's be guided." Muyiwa said, sharing the same look with that of his twin.

"We should have brought Laura, tied her up or something so that she would lead us to the place." Korede suggested, chewing at her lips.

"Trust me we don't want to raise any suspicion." I gently responded. She was scared and that was understandable.

"Hope there's an actual building behind those large trees." Muyiwa spoke once more.

"Only one way to find out." I said getting all prepared. Rescuing Kayla is my sole goal and I'll fight till that's accomplished.

"C'mon guys! Don't tell me I'm the only one fired up to go on this adventure." Nicholas cut in, in a cheery voice. His brown eyes glistening in the process.

"News flash! This is anything but an adventure. I would call it a rescue mission." Allen who had been silently studying the building, countered.

"Yeah! Yeah! Why don't you get a move on and get this car off the road before any of those guys notice us. You don't wanna put us in harm's way this early, do you?"

"Before you thought of it, I already knew the perfect spot." Allen responded with an elevated chin.

"Can you two stop this back and forth thing and focus on rescuing my girl?" I let out, feeling frustrated.

They both flushed in embarrassment, turning to face me with an apologetic smile and muttered 'sorry'.

...

Minutes later, Allen had successfully parked the car in an enclosed area with trees obstructing anyone from getting a glimpse of the car.

"So the plan is to sneak around those large walls, going unnoticed by anyone from the building and into the woods. Since we don't know what lays ahead, we can't make any plans on how to get in." I spoke, going over the decision once more.

"Yeah, good plan D, but I suggest we don't go unarmed also." Allen announced, before stepping out of the car. We all saw him make his way to the trunk of the car.

The rest of us exchanged puzzled glances before stepping out to join him. By the time we got there, he was already bringing out different canisters which were in smaller sizes out of a box.

"This!" He spoke all of a sudden, raising the can in a display manner, "is a pepper spray which causes temporary blindness."

"Why do we need it when we would be using our fist all through." Nicholas pointed out.

"Speak for yourself. I'm certain these two doesn't know a thing about self defense." He said, gesturing at the twins.

"Hey!" Muyiwa shrieked, scowling at Allen.

"No offense." Allen said, shoving the pepper spray into their hands. Then he proceeded to bring out pocket knives.

"Dude were you planning on murdering someone?" I had to ask, just in case.

"Nope. My order came in today and I was heading home when your call came in. So I say we're in luck." He said, also thrusting the knives into our hands.

"Do not kill anyone with this." He muttered lowly, looking at Nichole all the while.

"Yes daddy." Chole responded in a playful tone.

"And last but not the least -- Tada!" Allen beamed at the walkie-talkie he just brought out.

"What do we need that for? We're literally gonna stick together right? Right?" Korede asked with knitted brows.

"Relax, just incase someone has to be on the outside which is very much needed, but not to worry, you would be with me all the while." Allen said soothingly.

"Okay without further ado, we should get going." I stated, starting to walk towards the narrow-path again.

...

Few cautious movements later, we were all successfully out of sights from the factory and into the woods. The crunching sounds of leaves could be heard as we kept on walking. The ground felt slopy, like we were going down a hill. Korede had been placed in between, incase anything out of the ordinary pops up.

Soon enough, laughter could be heard at a distant and we eagerly rushed forward. We came to a stop at a very low cliff or more like it and what could be seen just below, was a house.

I was certain I wasn't the only one with my mouth agape, because the sight wasn't what we had expected. The house looked like a cut out from a magazine. It was beautiful, no doubt. The roof was flat for a start. The entrance, where three huge bodyguards could be seen drinking and laughing, was wide as it was tall. The windows took up an entire walls with only polished steel beams to break them into yet, more rectangles.

"Who could have thought something like this was behind these trees?" Korede asked.

"Definitely not me." Allen responded.

"Okay let's focus. How are we getting past those guys?" I asked, as we continued to watch as they drank and laugh at God knows what.

"We could start by knocking 'em out." Nichole spoke in a gleeful tone.

"Good suggestion, but is it not too early to start creating a scene? We don't know what awaits us on the inside..." I was still talking, when we heard the sound of leaves crunching.

We looked up just in time to see a man dressed in what looks a lab coat, deep blue in color and sweeping the ground as he walked. He was pushing what seems to be a bin, which was large in size, enough to carry a baby elephant.

We quickly hid behind the trees before he could notice us.

"I've got an idea. Y'all should chill here, I'll be right back." Nichole hissed and immediately got out of the hiding place.

"You guys don't think he's gonna do something drastic right?" Korede asked, looking concerned.

"We just have to hope not." I hadn't finish speaking when we heard a sharp cry ring out, another one and then rustling sound of leaves, like something was being dragged. All of us were straining our heads from behind the trees just to get an eyeful.

We were surprised when we saw Nichole coming towards us in a lab coat. Then it dawned on us what he must have done.

"You didn't kill him, did you?" Allen asked, walking frantically ahead of us towards him.

"Of course not. I only knocked him out." He answered, flashing a dimpled grin. "Quick, I need two people to drag him off the way, so no one would notice something is off. And I also need help emptying the content out of this bin."

Loads of illegal drugs were poured out on the grass and the plan was to see how many of us could fit into it.

By the time Korede, Allen and I had settled in, there wasn't enough room for Muyiwa. After so much fuss from the twins, Allen finally handed the walkie-talkie to Muyiwa. He would be the one to inform us what was going on the outside and lead the detectives down to us.

Minutes later, Allen was pushing the cart with three of us who were supposed to be drugs down to the building. The prayer right now was for those guys to let us in without difficulty. We could hear the sound of laughter getting close.

Any moment from now, we would be going in.

"Hey stop there!" We heard someone call out and the laughter around ended abruptly. We felt the cart move slowly to a halt.

"Good day sirs." Nichole greeted.

"You look new. Why would they send a stranger here?" The voice boomed once again.

"We are so —"

"Shhhh!" Allen and I hushed Korede before she could complete her sentence.

"There were some little issues back at the factory and since they needed this here as quickly as possible, they had no choice but to send me." Nicholas spoke up.

That was some thought out excuse. Well done Nichole.

"Hmmm. Open it, let me see what we've got today."

My heart dropped with a pang. Allen and I made quick eye-contact signifying immediate attack when the covers were pulled. Korede had her pepper spray in an upward position looking all determined.

"Oh snake, let the poor boy through. We don't want to create any scene when oga is busy with that girl." Another voice drawled. It sounded like he was drunk.

"Fine! But be quick, drop it and get out of here." The first man snapped which was followed by a low chuckle from the remaining.

"Ok sir." Nichole responded.

Once again, we felt the cart move again. Korede let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm sure by the time oga is through with that American girl, we would be allowed to take turns." A third spoke in a hoarse tone.

A cold feeling washed through me at the mention of those words. I would have bolted out of the hiding place, if Allen hadn't held me back.

I just hope Kayla is okay. I was itchy with the need to get off so I can get to her as soon as possible. Once again we felt the bin come to a stop.

"You guys can come out now." Nicholas muttered.

All at once we were all clambering out. I had to block my eyes from the sudden brightness of the room. Where we were was nothing more than a modern living room.

"Get away from me!" Someone screamed, and I instantly recognized the voice. Princess.

I shot hastily towards the direction the noise had come from, passing through an hallway. The rest were following closely behind. And just right ahead, I noticed three guys who were dressed like those I spotted earlier on, standing by a door and peering through it.

Then one of them who was behind, saw me and tried diverting the attention of the others. But it was too late because I had lunged at him, connecting my fist with his jaw. I didn't give him the time to stagger as I landed another punch across his face.

"Hey!" One of the other guys shouted.

I could see from the corners of my eyes, Allen and Nichole taking on the two of them, and also making sure Korede was right behind them.

"Take this!"

"Take that!"

"And another one!"

I heard Nichole say as he landed blows on one of the guys. This clearly shows that he's enjoying every moment of it. No surprises there.

By now the guy I had attacked first was laying across the floor, unconscious. He had managed to land a weak slap across my lips.

"Hey! what's causing the commotion out there? The boss is trying to enjoy himself here!" A voice bellowed from behind the door the guys had just been peeking through.

Allen kicked the door open so hard, that I was almost sure it was hanging off its hinges by now.

"What the hell! How did you get in here? How did you even know this place?" Phillip yelled charging towards us. He had a look of fury. Before he could attack, Korede sprayed the pepper spray aggressively across his face.

That took us by surprise because we were ready to take him on. Another of his bodyguard who had been inside with him was coming at us.

I lost all sense of reasoning immediately he moved, because blue eyes stared back at me from a chair his body had obstructed. Mine.

The sight wasn't pleasant. She was bound to a chair. Her cheeks, tear stained. Her clothes had been ripped off.

Fuck!

I found myself immediately pulling off my T-shirt and covering her up. Then got crouched at her feet, loosening the ropes. I could hear her sobbing uncontrollably. It's all my fault. I don't think in thousand years to come, I would forgive myself for putting her through this.

"I'm sorry princess. Forgive me for coming this late. I'm here now. You're safe." I kept on repeating. Immediately her arms were free, she was all up on me, hugging and wrapping her arms around my neck tightly.

"I love you so much, princess." I declared, not wanting to let go.

I am gonna kill Phillip.

"Get away from them you bastard." I heard Nichole shout and I turned to see him jump on a tall looking man, who didn't seem like he was balanced. He was thrashing widely because Nichole had his arms around his eyes. I noticed for the first time a gun in his hands.

There was a loud shot and I heard Kayla gasp. Thankfully he had fired at the ceiling. Nichole seeing that he wanted to fire at us even with no sight, grabbed on his arms. And that gave me enough time to loosen the rope around Kayla's legs.

Once I was done, I had to coerce her to go underneath the desk, so as to put her out of harms way. She didn't want to let go, I didn't want to either, but I wasn't going to make the same mistake.

Before I could go help Nichole, another shot was fired. I whipped my head to find a sickening sight. I charged forward to prevent Nichole's body from hitting the cold hard floor. Allen too was coming towards him in a flash.

"Everybody freeze!" A voice rang out and I could see the police at the entrance from my blurry vision, as they stealthily walked forward with their guns hoisted.

"Stay with us Chole! Dammit Stay with us!" I croaked as I fought the tears that was threatening to fall.

Nichole was writhing in pain as Allen tried stopping the blood that gushed out from the side of his stomach. All at once, some paramedics burst in, coming to where we were crouched before Nichole. They pushed us backwards, immediately going ahead to administer first aid.

I was still in shock when I thought I heard someone call my name and then I remembered Kayla.

"Shit!" I cursed, when I realized what was happening...

.
.
Phew! That was one hell of a chapter.

I really don't have much to say, but then don't forget to Vote, Comment and share to your friends.

Next chapter coming right up.

σʅαʝυɱσƙҽ_ɯɾιƚҽʂ.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 121 31
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
18.5M 2.1K 7
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. Yo...
1.1M 5.2K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
4.3K 159 32
Not everyone who walk together reaches the destination together. Sometimes, one is left behind. Sometimes, one has to break to complete the other...