𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞...

By ScribblingQuills

☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ (Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) ❝ 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 �... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Sirius Black?
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Tea With Buckbeak
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Boggarts & Butterbeers
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ First Outburst
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Fall & The Map
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Just Play Along
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ In The Snow
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Expecto Patronum?
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Stag & The Chaos
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Anger Issues
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Obscurus
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ It All Makes Sense
Author's Notes
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Burrow
Y4 .。.:*☆ Several Arrivals
Y4 .。.:*☆ Better Than A Veela
Y4 .。.:*☆ Y/N's Confession
Y4 .。.:*☆ Beauxbatons & Durmstrang
Y4 .。.:*☆ Potter Stinks
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Felt Feelings
Y4 .。.:*☆ Chosen
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Woollen Hat
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Task & The Aftermath
Y4 .。.:*☆ That Rita Skeeter
Y4 .。.:*☆ Live On
Y4 .。.:*☆ Too Good At Goodbyes
Author's Notes
Y5 .。:+*✧ Living With A Marauder
Y5 .。:+*✧ Love, Isn't It?
Y5 .。:+*✧ Grim Old Place
Y5 .。:+*✧ Hogwarts Again
Y5 .。:+*✧ A Rocky Start
Y5 .。:+*✧ Scars & Secret Meetings
Y5 .。:+*✧ D.A. Fights Back
Y5 .。:+*✧ Punishments & Pebbles
Y5 .。:+*✧ I Gave You My Heart
Y5 .。:+*✧ A Victorious Valentine's
Y5 .。:+*✧ It's Just a Game
Y5 .。:+*✧ Night Changes
Y5 .。:+*✧ Escaped & Captured
Y5 .。:+*✧ The Baffling Battle
Y5 .。:+*✧ Part of a Prophecy
Author's Notes
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A New Beginning
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Your Wish Is My Command
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Birthday Surprises
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Trouble At Tryouts
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Draco & Pansy
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Hell of a Ride
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Falling Apart
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Christmas Company
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Match to Remember
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Reconciliation
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Out in the Meadow
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Unplanned Mission
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Dumbledore's Demise
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Until the World Ends
Author's Notes
Y7 .。.:*༄ Harry's Arrival
Y7 .。.:*༄ Our Last Summer
Y7 .。.:*༄ Planning & Hiding
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Capture
Y7 .。.:*༄ They Think You're Dead
Y7 .。.:*༄ Scamander on the Loose
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Doe
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Lovegood Fiasco
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Escape
Y7 .。.:*༄ Pipette Widows
Y7 .。.:*༄ A Battle Begins
Y7 .。.:*༄ Fire & Destruction
Y7 .。.:*༄ The End
Ten Years Later

Y4 .。.:*☆ Read The Room

128K 4.2K 35.3K
By ScribblingQuills

A/N ~ there'll be a little flashback to 'Just Play Along'... iykyk

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

As soon as Y/N and Hermione entered Snape's dungeon, they had to contain themselves from reacting in any way.

Y/N found it extremely hard to not snap out, when she saw bright yellow badges on the everyone's chests that read 'POTTER STINKS' in bold letters.

All she could do, with Snape watching them, was scowl and glare at everyone who wore them.

Malfoy sniggered and pressed his badge so the words switched to 'SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY- THE REAL HOGWARTS CHAMPION'.

"Sit down, Scamander, everyone is waiting." Snape said cooly.

Y/N gave Malfoy one last glare before sitting herself next to Hermione.

She looked around and could see that Ron was sitting in the far corner of the room with Seamus and Dean.

Harry wasn't there.

"Seems like Mr Potter is too- ah,- busy to join his Potions class." Snape sneered from behind his curtain of grease. "Pity. Today's lesson is a very important one."

Y/N could feel her anger boil up with all the negativity surrounding her.

Hermione threw her a warning look.

"We're going to be brewing antidotes, today." Snape continued. "Get out your books and turn to page-"

But he was interrupted by the dungeon door creaking open. The whole class turned to the back of the room.

Harry was standing there, panting slightly, and looking around the room.

"Sorry, Professor, I was about to-"

"You are late to class, Potter." Snape snapped. "That means 20 points from Gryffondor. Yes, even champions have to attend their classes on time, Potter. Now, sit down and turn to page 394."

Harry scowled and quickly took a seat next to Hermione.

Y/N wanted more than anything to talk to him and talk about last night, but remained silent and focused.

But before they started brewing, the dungeon door burst open once again.

The tiny Colin Creevey came trotting into the room, with his camera swinging from his neck.

"Yes?" Snape growled.

"Please, sir, I'm supposed to take Harry Potter upstairs." Colin squeaked.

"Potter has another hour of Potions to finish." Snape replied. "He will go after class."

"Sir, Mr Bagman wants him." Colin begged. "All champions must go, sir."

"Very well," Snape scowled. "Potter, leave your things here and come back to finish your antidote."

"Please, sir, he's got to take his things with him." Colin said, turning red. "Mr Bagman said-"

"Oh, very well!" Snape snapped. "Potter, take your things and get out of my sight!"

Harry got up and quickly packed, before leaving after Colin with no hesitation.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

After Potions, Y/N packed her things and headed out of the dungeon, determined to find Harry and talk to him.

But she was, of course, stopped by Malfoy and his Slytherin friends.

Malfoy extended his chest so that his badge was visible to Y/N, and pressed the face of the badge to change the words to 'POTTER STINKS' once again.

"Move." Y/N muttered.

"You like my badge, Scamander?" Malfoy sneered. "Invented them myself!"

"Oh, yeah, terribly funny." Hermione rolled her eyes, stepping in front of Y/N. "Really witty."

Malfoy looked at Hermione and smirked.

"Do you want one Granger?" He asked. "I have loads. But don't touch my hands though, I already washed them. Don't want Mudblood slime on me."

"You shut up before that 'slime' turns into your own blood!" Y/N stepped forwards.

Her hand quickly went to her wand in the pocket of her robes. But Hermione grabbed her arm before her fingers could even reach the handle.

"Y/N, it's OK, ignore him." Hermione said quietly.

"Do it, Scamander." Malfoy challenged, making his friends snigger. "Do it. If you got the guts."

"Thought you'd never ask." Y/N pulled out her wand and pointed it directly at Malfoy's face. "Furnunculus!"

"Densaugeo!" Malfoy bellowed.

Both Y/N and Malfoy's spells clashed with a loud bang, sending them shooting towards the wrong direction.

Everyone screamed and a bright light struck the hallway, blinding everyone temporarily.

When Y/N opened her eyes, she could see Hermione and Goyle on the floor, grabbing onto their faces and whimpering

"Hermione!" Y/N and Ron exclaimed, rushing over and kneeling besides the whimpering Hermione.

Malfoy's spell had hit her, making her two front teeth larger and longer than ever. It grew past her chin, nearly reaching her collarbone.

Hermione was trying her best to cover them desperately.

Goyle, on the other hand, had ugly blistering boils covering his entire face, and was yelling loudly in pain.

"What's all this?" Snape came striding from his office, pushing past the crowd of students. He froze when he saw Goyle's blistered face. "Goyle... go to the hospital wing."

Goyle stood up and toddled out of the corridor with his hands covering his face.

Snape glared around.

"Who-?"

"It was Scamander, sir." Pansy Parkinson quickly said.

"Oh shut it, pouty pug face," Y/N snapped. "Malfoy hexed Hermione, too!"

Ron finally got Hermione to remove her hands, revealing her foot-long two front teeth. Snape stared at them blankly.

"I see no difference." He said smoothly.

Hermione gasped in disbelief and ran away from the corridor, tears streaming down her face.

"Hermione-!" Ron called, but it was too late. Hermione was gone. The redhead turned back and joined Y/N in death-glaring at Snape.

"Let's see what Dumbledore thinks about this!" Y/N snapped angrily.

"Don't stupid, Scamander," Snape spat. "Dumbledore is too busy for teen drama-"

"So now you're calling straight up bullying 'teen drama'?" Y/N shot angrily.

"You know what? Drop it, Y/N." Ron said loudly. "We'd have better luck educating a five-year-old."

"50 points from Gryffindor!" Snape bellowed. "And that's detention for you, Scamander, Weasley!"

Yeah, that didn't age well...

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Y/N shook her leg impatiently, waiting outside the champion's chamber.

She wanted more than anything to talk to Harry.

She glanced at her watch- she had only 5 minutes left before her next class.

Y/N groaned and pressed her ear to the door of the chamber. She held her breath and listened carefully.

There was muffling and camera flashes coming from the room. She frowned slightly and pressed her ear deeper into the door.

Suddenly, the door swung open, throwing her violently to the ground. Y/N yelped loudly and fell painfully on her back.

"Oh my Merlin!" Ludo Bagman exclaimed, rushing out of the door. "I am extremely sorry! Are you alright?"

Y/N bit the side of her cheeks, trying not to shout at the kind man.

"Y-yes. I'm alright." she piped. Y/N brought up her elbow and examined it- it was badly scraped, and was deep red and bleeding.

"But you must go to the hospital wing immediately!" Bagman continued to fuss.

"No, no- I'm fine." Y/N muttered irritatedly. "I need to talk to my friend."

"Y/N?"

"Miss Balcony?"

Y/N looked up to see the four champions towering over her, as they each stepped out of the chamber.

Cedric and Krum were frowning in confusion, but Fleur and Harry were already crouching next to her.

"Harry! Hi! Hey, Fleur!" Y/N smiled in relief. "Harry, I wanted to talk to you before class-"

"What happened?" Harry demanded. "Was it Malfoy? Why are you bleeding?"

"No, it was my dumb self!" Y/N said quickly. "But I wanted to talk to you and make sure your alright after last night- oh, please, don't think that I abandoned you like Ron did, because I'm right here-"

Harry quickly swooped down and hugged her tightly. Y/N took a sharp breath and sighed, hugging him back warmly.

"Hermione told me everything." Harry said quietly. "It's alright."

But before Y/N could respond, there was a loud and bright flash. Everyone blinked hard, before staring around in confusion.

"Ah, young love." came a voice of a lady. Harry jumped and quickly let go of Y/N.

The lady stepped out of the chamber, revealing her bright green dress, her big blonde hair, and her sharp spectacles. She came wlaking towards them along with whom looked like a professional photographer.

"Who're you?" Y/N shot angrily, getting up from the ground and dusting herself.

"Now, let's calm down-" Bagman chuckled weakly.

"Why, I'm Rita Skeeter, of course," said the lady in a 'sweet' voice. "Editor of the Daily Prophet."

Y/N looked at Harry in confusion. He quickly pressed his finger to his lips, telling her not to say anything.

"I didn't know The Boy Who Lived... loved." Skeeter grinned evilly.

"Leave them alone." Fleur said cooly in her strong accent, her nostrils flaring dangerously.

"You should listen to Miss Delacour." Dumbledore said calmly, also stepping out of the chamber. "Now, Miss Skeeter, if you don't mind, my students and the others will have to attend their next class."

"Of course, Dumbledore." Skeeter said cooly. Her quill jotted something down in her notebook aggressively. Y/N frowned.

"What-?"

"C'mon, Y/N, we'll be late for class." Harry growled quietly, gripping Y/N's arm.

"But-"

But she was pulled away from the group before anyone could say anything else.

"Bye, Fleur!" Y/N shouted down the hall. "Slow- slow down, Harry!"

But Harry didn't stop dragging her until they were a floor and two corridors away from the champion's chamber.

It was a long corridor, with around a dozen students hanging around.

Harry let go of Y/N's arm and she panted loudly. Harry waited for her to finish her loud breathing.

"What-?"

"That Skeeter woman is dangerous." Harry explained. "She twists your words. You don't want to mess with her."

"Right, I'm so scared." Y/N rolled her eyes. "Anyway... how are you feeling?"

"Who, me?"

"No, Moaning Myrtle." Y/N said sarcastically. "Yes, you!"

"I- I don't know... it's frustrating, with everyone thinking I'm a liar- a cheat." Harry said. "Even the other champions don't believe me."

"Well, Hermione and I do. I hope that's enough." Y/N said weakly. "Any clue of what the first task might be?"

"Nope. Not a single." Harry said. "I'm still confused. I didn't put my name in the Goblet."

"I know, I know." Y/N sighed, flattening Harry's hair with her hand. "Well, it must be someone who wants you dead, right?"

"Well, that's, like, the whole school, right now." Harry said grimly. "with their shiny yellow badges... I hate Malfoy."

"That makes the two of us." Y/N said darkly "I got detention for getting in trouble with him, today."

"You what?"

"I hexed him- and then he hexed me." Y/N said with a shrug.

"He what?" Harry exclaimed, his voice echoing the corridor, causing some people to turn and glare at him.

"It didn't hit me, though- it hit Hermione." Y/N said, still angry about the situation.

"Is she alright?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, she's getting fixed up by Madam Pomfrey." Y/N replied. "The densaugeo curse. Her two front teeth was a foot long. Snape was being a jerk about it."

"I thought Malfoy fancied you." Harry said with a frown. "Is he that bad at expressing his emotions?"

"Short answer- yes." Y/N laughed.

"But every girl is obsessed with him." Harry said quietly. "Don't you like him?"

"Is that even a question? No!" Y/N made a face, making Harry laugh loudly. "Besides, I already have someone in my mind, that's better than Malfoy.... I shouldn't have said that."

"Huh," Harry raised his eyebrows. He felt suddenly cold and nervous. "so you do fancy someone, Y/N Scamander?"

"Well, read the room." Y/N grinned and shrugged.

Harry's eyes grew wider.

"Oh...." he blinked. "Oh,"

He stared at her for a while, waiting for her to say something. But when she didn't, he coughed loudly and blushed a deep colour of scarlet.

"What?" Y/N frowned.

But then, she gasped loudly.

She looked around and realized they were standing in the corridor- the corridor where they got caught by Snape... fake snogging, almost a year ago, while they were trying to find Peter Pettigrew.

"Er..." Harry muttered, staring firmly at the floor. "Did you mean-?"

"I didn't- I didn't mean read this room-" Y/N quickly said, colour rushing into her cheeks. "I didn't mean-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Harry said with a firm nod. "I shouldn't be jumping to conclusions."

"You really shouldn't." Y/N said quickly. "It's my bad, I should've realized... er- it's... we're late for Herbology."

"Right, we should go." Harry nodded firmly.

He turned away and started walking, and couldn't help but think- why was it always him, making things awkward between them?

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Two weeks past by, with only stress and stress surrounding them. Everywhere Harry went, people would flash their 'POTTER STINKS' badges at him, and shouted nasty things about him and his dead parents across the hallways.

Harry sometimes had to wear his Invisibility Cloak to his classes.

Y/N insisted she could hex them all, but Harry and Hermione firmly declined the idea.

But Y/N still managed to get herself into four detentions, for defending Harry.

Ron was still acting stubborn, not speaking to Harry, and only speaking to Hermione and Y/N when he was not around.

It was all so horrible.

"My father and I have a bet, you see!" Malfoy sneered loufly, one day when Harry and Y/N were walking to the Great Hall for lunch.

He was seated on a big tree in the clock tower courtyard.

"What- y'all still have money?" Y/N scoffed. "After all that bleach you bought for your poor hairs?"

Malfoy ignored this and continued,

"I don't think Potter's going to last ten minutes in this tournament." he sneered, jumping down from the tree. "He disagrees." Malfoy smirked and stepped forwards, his Slytherin friends sniggering after him. "He think you won't last five-"

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks, Malfoy!" Harry bellowed, shoving Malfoy violently, making him stagger backwards. "He's vial and cruel- and you're just pathetic."

I raised him right. Y/N smirked to herself.

Malfoy scowled at the two, and reached for his wand. But before He or anyone else could do anything, Mad-eye Moody came stomping into the scene with his wand pointing at Malfoy.

"Oh, no you don't, sonny!" the professor growled.

With a loud yelp, Malfoy was turned into a beautiful white ferret. The ferret realized what it was, and squeaked pathetically.

Harry and Y/N didn't hesitate to burst into laughter.

"That'll teach you to cross someone when their back is turned!" said Moody, triumphantly. "You stinky- coward!"

Moody swung ferret Malfoy around in the air, making it flip and squeak.

"Professor Moody!" Professor McGonagall came rushing through the crowd of laughing students. "Professor Moody, what are you doing?"

"Teaching." Moody replied bluntly, continuing his 'teaching'. Professor McGonagall's eyes grew wide.

"Is that a- is that a student?" she exclaimed.

"Technically, it's a ferret." Moody grinned. He grabbed the neck of the white ferret and shoved it down Crabbe's pants. Crabbe yelled loudly, and the other students howled with laughter.

"Stand still, stand still!" Goyle said, trying to get the ferret out of Crabbe's pants. "Stand- OUCH!" Goyle fell backwards, and the ferret came struggling out of Crabbe's pants.

Professor McGonagall gave Moody a stern look and magicked the white ferret into its old nasty form.

Malfoy looked around in horror and glared at Moody.

"My father'll hear about this!" he spat, but backed away fearfully.

"Is that a threat?" Moody snapped. "Is that a threat?"

The professor chased after Malfoy around the big tree, staggering quickly after him.

"Run!" Malfoy exclaimed in horror. He ran as fast as he could away from the scene, with his Slytherin friends rushing after him in concern.

Y/N and Harry were gripping each other's shoulders, laughing until their eyes were teary.

"Alastor, we never use transfiguration as punishment!" Professor McGonagall scolded sternly. "I'm sure Dumbledore told you that!"

"Might've mentioned it." Moody shrugged, shoving his wand back into his robes. McGonagall sighed and shook her head. She turned to the laughing Y/N and Harry and crossed her arms.

"Potter, Scamander, enough!" she said firmly. "Go to lunch- all of you!"

Y/N and Harry hurried away into the hallway, still chuckling along the way. They caught their breath and grinned at each other.

"I get why Mum and Dad likes him, now." Y/N said brightly.

"Can't wait to tell Fred and George," said Harry. "They'll envy us."

"Good idea." Y/N grinned.

The two entered the Great Hall to find hundreds of students from the three schools eating lunch, and chatting loudly.

Y/N spotted Hermione and Ron on the end of the Gryffindor table and waved at them. Hermione's teeth were all fixed up.

The two grinned at her and waved back. But Ron quickly looked away when he saw Harry with her.

"Oh, that's just stupid." Y/N rolled her eyes. "The both of you. You guys should really make up-"

"No." Harry said firmly, sitting on the opposite end of the table from where Ron and Hermione were.

Y/N muttered another 'this is stupid' and slid into a seat between Harry and a Durmstrang girl.

She scooped herself some food and started eating.

"Hey, I've got a letter," Harry acknowledged, when a tiny wild owl came fluttering onto his shoulder, holding a rolled letter in its beak.

"Who's is from?" Y/N asked with her mouth full of chips.

"It's from... Snuffles." Harry replied, unrolling the letter. 'Snuffles' was officially the codename for Sirius.

"Ooh, tell me about it," Y/N said excitedly, putting down her fork. They hadn't heard from Sirius since he told Harry he was travelling back to Hogsmeade.

Harry's eyes darted over the letter really quickly, reading Sirius's scrawny handwriting.

"So...?" Y/N shook her leg impatiently.

"So he's hiding in a cave a few miles from the Hogsmeade village." Harry said quietly. "And he said for me to meet him in the common room at 1 in the morning, tomorrow." Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"You bet I'll be there." Y/N said firmly.

"Yes, he said 'bring Y/N with you'." Harry said, rereading the letter. "but how would he be there?"

"Well, isn't it obvious?" Y/N smiled. "Through floo, of course."

"I finally have something to look forward to." Harry said happily, shoving a spoon full of mashed potatoes into his mouth. Y/N smiled in relief.

She hated more than anything else, seeing Harry stressed and frustrated. Luckily, he's feeling a lot better lately. But Y/N knew he wouldn't completely whole without Ron.

"Psst! Harry, Y/N," came a big friendly voice. Y/N and Harry whipped their heads around to see Hagrid standing by the entrance of the Great Hall, in a very thick coat.

They grinned and waved at their giant friend enthusiastically.

Hagrid quickly motioned for the two of them to come to him.

Y/N and Harry looked at each other before swinging their legs over the long bench and walked towards Hagrid.

"Hey, Hagrid," they both greeted him, looking up at Hagrid's big bushy face.

"Hello, you two." Hagrid said with a smile. "How are yeh? Especially you, Harry?"

"I'm good." Y/N smiled.

"I'm alright, Hagrid." Harry lied.

"I know yeh aren't," Hagrid said gently. "an' it's alright. It's alright not to be alright."

Harry nodded sadly.

"Hagrid..." Y/N said slowly. "Off topic, but did you brush your hair?"

"Er... yeah, I did." Hagrid replied. Y/N could see behind his bushy beard, that Hagrid was blushing.

"Oh..." Y/N frowned. "may I ask why?"

"Formal purposes." Hagrid replied bluntly. Y/N continued to stare at him suspiciously.

"Did you want to tell me something, Hagrid?" Harry asked.

"Oh, yeah..." Hagrid quickly nodded. He grinned and bent down to whisper to Harry, "meet me a' midnight this evenin', eh? An' bring yer father's cloak with yeh."

"Can I come?" Y/N asked.

"I wouldn't recommend. The cloak won' be able ter fit yeh both." Hagrid said, looking down at her apologetically. "But Harry'll tell yeh all about it."

"At midnight?" Harry asked slowly, eyeing Y/N. "Er... will I be back by 1 in the morning?" he had to meet up with Sirius at 1 in the morning.

"It won' be long," Hagrid assured with a wide grin. "You'll have time ter... do whatever yer planning to do together at 1...."

"Er, OK..." Harry said, his cheeks turning slightly pink. "Thanks, Hagrid. I'll be there."

"Right. See yeh later!" Hagrid said brightly, thumping the two painfully on the back.

"See you," Harry and Y/N waved and watched as Hagrid marched into the Great Hall.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Y/N felt someone shake her roughly, but she refused to open her eyes. She groaned and flipped her body over.

"Poor Hermione, having to wake you up everyday." came Harry's voice. "Y/N, I'm back."

"That's nice." Y/N muttered under her breath, not moving a bit.

"Y/N, the first task- I know what it is." Harry said impatiently.

Y/N forced her eyelids open and saw Harry kneeling in front of her, shaking her leg. His hoodie was covered in dirt and moss, and the Invisibility Cloak was scrunched in his hand.

Y/N realized she had fallen asleep on an armchair in the Gryffindor common room.

Everyone else had went to sleep, and the only light source in the room was the fireplace.

"Did you make these?" Harry asked teasingly, pointing at two yellow badges on a table next to them, labeled 'POTTER REALLY STINKS.'"

"The Creevey brothers tried to improve them." Y/N said, rubbing her eyes. "But failed, obviously,"

"That's... nice. Y/N, the first task... is dragons." Harry said with a slight trace of fear in his face.

"D-dragons?" Y/N let out a long gasp. "Harry, you- you don't know how dangerous those things are,-"

"Trust me, I do." Harry said, nodding his head repeatedly. "I saw them. Saw Charlie Weasley and your dad, too."

"Dad's here?" Y/N questioned. "At Hogwarts?"

"Yes, and around a dozen other Ministry people, in the forest." Harry said with a sigh, squeezing himself onto the same armchair Y/N was sitting in.

"He didn't tell me." Y/N said with a frown, looking into Harry's emerald eyes.

"Probably didn't want to hint that the first task was to do with a dangerous creature." Harry shrugged. "One dragon for each of us. We have to collect its egg."

"Oh, I'm not letting you do that." Y/N said, shaking her head. "Dragons are very protective of their eggs, Harry. This isn't a joke anymore."

"Never has been." Harry sighed. "But I have to do it. I don't want Malfoy to have another thing to laugh about-"

"Sirius!" Y/N exclaimed, jumping up from the armchair. "I saw his head in the fire! Si- Snuffles, are you there?" She fell to her knees and stared into the flames of the fireplace.

Harry hurried to kneel on the carpet in front of the fireplace next to Y/N. The two jumped slightly when Sirius's head appeared in the fire with a 'pop'.

He looked very different from the last time they saw them. There was no beard on his face, and his hair was now clean and not so long.

"Hello, Sirius." The two said happily, once their shock faded away.

"Hey there, you two." Sirius smiled. "how are you?"

"I'm fine." Y/N smiled.

"I'm-" Harry really wanted to say he was fine. But he didn't have Ron, he barely had Hermione, and he was about to face a full-grown dragon in less than two weeks, without any help.

Not to mention the whole school thinking he's a cheat and wearing badges to remind him of it everyday.

"Harry, Igor Karkaroff was a Death Eater." Sirius said seriously, not waiting for an answer.

"What?" Y/N and Harry exclaimed.

"He was in Azkaban with me- Alaster Moody caught him." Sirius continued. "Was released, not long after, though. Mr Crouch, whom I assume is also at Hogwarts, released him."

"Not another one." Harry groaned. "'there's no safer place- except Hogwarts, perhaps.' Yeah, thanks, Hagrid-"

"Wait, wait- why was he released?" Y/N questioned, becoming more panicked.

"He gave out names of suspected Death Eaters." Sirius replied. "That's it."

"What?"

"You're saying Karkaroff put my name in the Goblet of Fire?" Harry asked. "Because if he did, he's a very good actor. He seemed furious."

"Of course he's a good actor, Harry, he was a Death Eater." Sirius chuckled hollowly. "Now, I've been reading the Daily Prophet-"

"You and the rest of the world." Harry said grimly. Sirius gave him a weak smile.

"I know that Skeeter woman is horrible." he said. "I assume she's also at Hogwarts?"

"Everywhere I go." Harry replied in frustration. "She took a picture of Y/N and I hugging, but still hasn't released it yet. She's waiting for Y/N to upset her- so she could use it as a weapon."

"Trust me, if I were there, she would be gone in a bat of an eye." Sirius said darkly. "But we can't do anything about her. Listen, I've heard from the Daily Prophet, there are more Death Eater attacks, since the world cup."

"There are?" Y/N felt her stomach drop. Her mother was an Auror, she was supposed to catch those Death Eaters.

"Yes, I believe your mother was mentioned somewhere, too." Sirius said. "She caught Avery and Dolohov the other day- marvelous job... Don't you two read the Prophet?"

"Not anymore." Harry said grimly.

"Mum doesn't even have time to write to me, these days." Y/N said sadly, staring into the flames of the fireplace.

"I'm sure she's just busy." Sirius said warmly. "She's an Auror, Y/N."

"But that's what concerns me." Y/N said with a sigh. "Doesn't matter right now though. Harry, tell Sirius about the first task."

Harry told Sirius about how he went with Hagrid and Madam Maxime into the Forbidden Forest, and found out what the first task was going to be. Sirius nodded slowly, carefully listening to his godson.

"Dragons, huh," he muttered. "If they're full-grown dragons, it'll be very hard... You need about half a dozen wizards to take one down."

"Yes, I just saw." Harry said weakly.

"Dragons do have one weakness, though," Sirius said slowly. "It's very simple- just-"

But Harry held up a hand to silence him. He had heard footsteps coming from the spiral staircase. The steps were getting louder and louder.

"Go!" Y/N whisper-shouted. "There's someone coming!"

"Right," Sirius whispered. "I miss you both- stay safe! Stick with your friends-"

"Go!" Harry and Y/N hissed, standing up and shielding the fireplace. And with a 'pop' Sirius's head disappeared from the fireplace.

The two waited silently, as the steps grew louder and louder- until the person stepped into the common room... it was Ron.

With his messy red hair, in his overly small pajamas.

"Who were you talking to?" He questioned with a frown.

"Oh, I don't know, Y/N, maybe?" Harry said cooly. Y/N blinked and watched as the two boys glared at each other. "Why're you even here?"

"I thought I heard- never mind." Ron broke off with a shrug. "I'll just back to bed, then."

"Just came here to nose around?" Harry asked, getting up from the dusty carpet. They both seemed to have forgotten Y/N was there with them.

"Oh, sorry about that," Ron shot sarcastically. "I completely forgot. I'll let you practice for you next interview alone, then."

Harry seized one of the 'POTTER REALLY STINKS' badges aggressively and chucked it hard, across the room.

It hit Ron's forehead and bounced off onto the floor.

"There- you can wear that, next week- when I get grilled alive." Harry said heatedly, "You might even have a scar now, if you're lucky... that's what you want, isn't it?"

Y/N's jaw dropped dramatically.

"Night, Y/N." Harry said shortly, before storming off from the room and to the spiral staircases.

Y/N expected Ron to stop him- but he didn't. He stood there, staring at the floor. He didn't even flinch when Harry shoved him as he walked past and disappeared up the stairs.

Y/N huffed and looked up at Ron.

"Ron,-"

"You should go to bed, Y/N." Ron said quietly. "I think I'll be out here for a while."

Y/N immediately nodded understandingly and got up.

She gave Ron a weak smile and patted his shoulder when she walked by the stairs, before going up to the girl's dormitory.

That night, Harry didn't hear Ron return to his dormitory.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

A/N ~ HEY AGAIN! I'm on a 3-day-break, so I might be updating again rly soon. You know the drill, let me know what you think of this chapter, and have fun spotting my spelling mistakes😔

ALSO WTF, I went on TikTok yesterday and saw TWO videos on my fyp recommending The Boy Who Loved. Shout out to the two girls that posted the videos, TYSM :)

See you all in a few days ;)

-ScribblingQuills

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 146 16
❝𝘺'𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘭/𝘯, 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘺𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘳, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘥 𝘰𝘧...𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘬-𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦...
14.1K 331 27
a dracoxreader slowburn story <3 includes smut so viewer discretion is advised! love you guys and hope you're all having a great day :)
17.8K 409 38
❝𝖶𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋?❞ 𝖺𝗌𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝗉𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋. ❝𝖨𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗎𝗌 𝗍𝗈, 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍...
1.6K 103 29
❝ "God, Lestrange, you're so fucking annoying, you know that?" "Oh, I'm annoying?! You make me want to pitch myself off the astronomy tower! I fuckin...