๐’๐ญ๐š๐ฒ ๐€๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž || ๐€๐Ž๐“...

By Baka_Weeb

(Y/n) is a girl who has a passion for going beyond the walls. Getting that breath of air, getting to see the... More

Reality
The Fall
A New Beginning
Total Concentration
The Return
First Battle
The Impossible
Dry-eyed
The Retake
Broken
The Debate
The Scout Regiment
The Patch
Another One
Blade
Suspicion
Annie Leonhart
Burn
Debt
Bloodlust
The Ring
Blinding Rage
A Split Personality
A Deal
The Truth Behind a Smile
Thank You
So Much to Find but not Enough Time
The Truth
Bigger Than Ever
Puzzle Pieces
Queen
Special
Dreams
100 Year War
Hit em' Where it Hurts
A Game
His Yellow
Just One More Year
In Another Life
Connecting the Dots
Questions
The Farewells I Give
The Caecus Titan
Paradise
A Friend
A Three Year Reunion
Finding You
Just Like the Good Days
Fatal Bullet
Burning the Memories
Unforbidden Love
Two Wishes
Back to Sleep
That Night (Jean's Full Lemon)
Liquid in the Wine
The Hatred in Ones Eyes
Show Us the Real Enemy
An Inescapable War
Undoubtedly Unconditional Love
Paths
If I Would have Listened
Makes Me Wonder if it's all a Dream
The Life We Wish We had
Line of Convince that Leads to Deaths
Fluttering Feather
Mother
The Final War
Goodbye
Stay Alive
Back to Reality (ALT)
(A/n): A Final Thank You!
Levi's Letter
Eren's Letter

To the Top

58.1K 1.7K 9.8K
By Baka_Weeb

Year 850

"Rise and shine sleepy head! Someone has to be bossed around by Horse Face." I slowly open my eyes to see Mikasa hanging down from her top bunk.

I flip my pillow over to the cold side and wrap myself in the blanket even tighter.

"Oh don't be like that!" She says, getting down from the top.

"No! Give me like five more minutes!" I say curling up.

Mikasa grabs the blanket and rips it off of me.

"Hey! It's too cold for that!!" I say, looking over at her shivering.

"And it is too late for you to still be in bed! You have training today and graduation is today." She says.

"Fuck." I say, sitting up.

---------------------------------------

I walk out of the dorm doors and put on my jacket. I walk very slowly to the training grounds where I spot Jean putting on his gear. He turns around to the sound of feet being dragged against the dirt.

"Wow, that isn't pretty," Jean says, resting his hands on his hips.

"Will you shut up! It is too early for this!" I say, wobbling side to side.

"Hurt and get your gear on." He says shoving the gear my way.

I put the chest piece on making sure the X is pointing out and buckling the belt cross my chest. I go over to get my belt.

"Are you stupid?! Or is this the morning stupid?!" He says, eyeing my gear.

"What the fuck is wrong with it?!" I say.

"Tighten the sides!" He says, rolling his eyes.

I look under my arm and tighten the strap.

"Okay. Whatever." I say grabbing my belt.

I slide on the belt and sliding it through the holes of the chest piece. On the back, I cross over the straps on each side of the belt and tighten them. I clip in the lower back piece as Jean comes up to me and behind me.

"You are ridiculous.." He says.

He undoes the top straps from my lower belt and he reconnects them to the farther one making it tighter.

"I don't ever want to talk about his situation...Kirstein." I say as I get jerked around.

"I wasn't planning on it. Hand me the lower pads." He says holding his hand out.

I grab the pads from the table and hand it to him. He presses the pads into my lower back belt.

"Okay. I think I can do the rest myself, and while I'm at it, fix your face, you look like a strawberry." He quickly covers his face in embarrassment.

---------------------------------------

"Okay, when you use the 3MG you want to balance your weight, and when you want to turn, shift your body weight to that side." He says.

"Demonstrate," I say.

"Seriously?" He rolls his eyes and flies off landing on a branch of a tall tree.

"No, I just wanted you away from me," I say, hooking the hooks into a tree and gliding straight on the tree right in front of him.

"Looks like you can balance your weight well, but shifting your weight is where you might have some trouble." He says, gliding off turning corners.

I glide off and shift my weight to the left. I slam right into a tree and sink slowly on the branch right below me.

"I would laugh, but that just wouldn't be right. Make sure you aren't forcing your weight on one side." He glides over to me.

"Come here." He says pointing in front of him.

I stand in front of him and he tries to grab my waist.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing, you perv!!!" I say smacking his arm.

"I'm trying to show you!!!! You ungrateful shit!" I say rubbing his red arm.

"You can't just go for someone's waist like that and not tell them," I say glaring at him.

"Well, I warn you now." He says, placing his hands on my waist, straightening them.

When he straightens them, he gently shifts on down.

"There, see. Not all of your weight, but just enough for your gear to shift." He says letting go of me.

"Try it." He says gliding off to another tree.

I glide straight shifting a little bit of my weight on my left making my direction turn to the left and landing on a branch.

"Fuck yes!!! Finally!" I say jumping up and down.

*CRACK*

I look down at the branch I was standing on.

"Oh shi-" He branch underneath me gives way and sends my plummeting.

As I was falling, I feel my body collide with another.

'Horse Face...'

"Could you not be so reckless?!" He says, hugging my body close to his and looking forward.

"I didn't know that branch would give like that!!" I say, looking up at him.

---------------------------------------

"What the hell was that Horse Face?!" Eren says taking me from his arms.

"She fell, it's not like a pushed her!!" he says yelling at him.

"I knew your training with her wasn't a good idea!" He puts me down.

"Horse Face over here is right though... He did kind of save me from death." I say, walking away.

"Hey! Wait up! We are supposed to spar!!!" Eren says, running after me.

---------------------------------------

We get to the training grounds where knives were put out for us.

"You better not go easy on me (y/n)." He says, picking up a knife.

"Trust me I won't!" I say, moving back into position.

I plant my feet into the ground and lock into his eyes.

'Breath in and out...Follow his line of sight'

He came running after me with the knife hidden around his back.

"Smart thinking with the knife behind your back but watch your eyes," I say.

He takes the knife out from behind his back and goes for my head blade pointing out. I grab the blade of the wooden knife and yank it to the left of my head, grazing my hair. I drive my knee in his gut making his head fall on my shoulder.

"Ow~!" He says, slumping over my shoulder.

"What is with you and Horse Face making it so predictable?" I say, lifting his head from my shoulder.

"You try with the knife this time!" He says, slowly getting up and places the wooden knife in my hand.

"If you say so..." I back up.

He makes his way back and holds his hands out.

'Did he learn that from Annie?'

I hold the knife making it point up. I start to dash for him as he goes for me. I dodge his punch to the left of my face and grab his free arm and flip him over me making him face plant. Still hanging on to his twisted free arm, I replace my hand for my knee pinning him to the ground and grab his hair pulling him back and hold the knife up to his neck.

"Was that total concentration?" he huffs.

"Meh, I didn't use it fully." I get off of him and hesitantly offer him my hand.

"Why so hesitant?" He takes my hand and gets up.

"Jean. That's all you need to know...Jean." I roll my eyes.

---------------------------------------

'After practicing for a few more hours, Shadis has to view me differently.'

"Walk with me to line up (y/n)!" Armin's sweet voice could be heard behind me.

"Are you nervous?" I loop my arms with Armin walking slowly.

"A little bit. I saw you practice with the 3DMG gear earlier. You looked great! I noticed you had more control." He says smiling.

"You noticed but What if Shadis didn't," I say hanging my head low.

He stops and takes my hands.

"I know you will place top 3, if you don't I'll talk to Shadis" I look at him with tears in my eyes.

I hug him tightly.

"Thank you, Armin! But you won't have to, after all, we will be going to the same place anyway." I say fidgeting with my necklace.

"Hey (y/n), since when did you grow?" Armin says, patting my head.

---------------------------------------

I stood right next to Mikasa and Armin.

'I probably look like I'm shitting bricks...'

" I'm sure many of you were present there... Five years ago, when tragedy struck again. It wouldn't be a surprise if the Colossal titan showed up again to destroy this wall right this very moment. Whenever that time does come, your duty will be to relieve the producers and give your lives to stand against the titan menace" He eyes us all.

We salute.

"Dedicate your hearts!!" He yells at us.

"Yes, sir!!!" We well back, still saluting.

"Today, you have completed your military training. I will now announce the ten among you who have obtained the top ten results. Come forward if I call your name." He says, taking out a piece of paper.

'Holy fuck! It is time!!!'

My palms started to coat in sweat and my legs started to feel weak.

"Ten, Sasha Blouse!" She makes her way up as her eyes light up in joy.

"Nine, Connie Springer!" He looks around to make sure he was right. He makes his way up and salutes.

'At least this time it was in the right spot'

"Eight, Marco Bott!" Marco has a bright smile plastered on his face as usual.

" Seven, Jean Kirstein!" He makes his way up and sticks his tongue at me.

'Ass hat'

"Six, Eren Yeager!" His lips slightly part as he dramatically makes his way up.

"Five, Annie Leonhart!" My heart starts to race.

'Top five now...'

"Four, Bertholdt Hoover!" The tall man makes his way over next to Annie.

"Three, Reiner Braun!"

'I totally look like I'm shitting bricks.....Definitely!'

"Second, Mikasa Ackerman!" She lightly hits my back as I perk up head up higher.

*LUB DUB* *LUB DUB*

He looks away from the paper and scans the crowd once more as he straightens out his back.

"At the head of the class...Christa Lenz!" My heart sank as I clenched my teeth.

She gives the commander an off look as she looks to me. Eren's eyes widened, Jean's mouth was a bit wide, Mikasa breathed heavily, Marco's smile died, Annie glanced at me. Shadis made his say to the fellow Commander and murmurs in his ear.

"Ahem! It has appeared I have made a mistake, my apologies." My eyes revert to the commander in front as Christa smiles and stop walking.

"At the head of the class...(Y/n) (l/n)!" I look at Armin to see him grinning at me and mouths.

"What did I tell ya."

I make my way, trying not to fall, right next to Mikasa, and salute.

"Close one huh?" Mikasa whispers.

"You are the top ten." I look over at Armin to see him holding his head high.

'I made it! I fucking did it!! See me now father?! Mother?! Next time, It's going to be our turn! We will restore humanity's faith!'

"Now that you have completed your training, you will have three options."

"The Garrison, which reinforces the walls, thereby protecting all of the towns."

"The Survey Corps prepared to sacrifice their lives outside the walls by defying the titans in their own domain."

"And, the Military Police Brigade, which exercises control over the King's subjects and maintains order."

'Of course, out of the raw recruits, the top ten are the only ones allowed to join the Military Police Brigade. Soon, I will be asking what branch you will like to be assigned to. But as of right now, the 104th Training Corps is officially disbanded! Dismissed!"

"Yes, sir!!!" Everybody left their arms to fall to their side.

I look over to Eren with big eyes.

"You can smile now..." He says, holding out his arms.

I run into his arms wrapping them tightly around his neck resting my face in his neck.

"We did it Eren.." I say into his neck.

"Yeah (y/n), we did," he says, holding my head.

---------------------------------------

While entering the Mess Hall, I noticed the Reiner, Berthold, and Annie sat at our table.

"Since when did you guys sit here?" I question Reiner, as I sit next to him with Armin right next to me.

"Why not? We are bringing the top ten together." He says ruffling my hair.

"Don't touch me..." I say gazing at him.

"Lucky bastards! Placing top ten! You two will most definitely join the Military Police Brigade!" A man was heard right beside us hovering over Jean.

"Hm? Oh! That goes without saying! Why in the fuck else would I have aimed to crack the top ten?" Jean says leaning back in his chair.

'Selfish ass'

"I'm going with the MP's too!" Marco says, drinking his water.

"Getting to work near the King, it's an honor!" Marco daydreams.

'I swear he is like Jean's other half'

"Are you still playing the goody-goody Marco?" Jean asks pushing his head into his water.

"Tell me how you actually feel.." Jean says with a sadistic smile getting closer to Marco.

'How cute.'

"You can't wait to get into the interior, right?" Marco says lifting his head from his water.

"WE CAN FINALLY ESCAPE THIS SHITTY, SUFFOCATING FRONT LINE TOWN!!! A SAFE COMFORTABLE LIFE IS WAITING FOR US IN THE INTERIOR RIGHT?!" Jean yells making me jump a bit.

Marco turns to Jean with his dripping wet face, "Wha- You- Shame on you! At least I'm not-" Marco gets cut off with Jean's loud voice.

"Oh! Sorry! I forgot you were a prize pupil" Jean says.

Jean then suddenly turns around and points to our table "But what would you guys do?!"

"I mean, getting a chance to live in the interior!!! Come on!!" He says slamming his fists on the table.

We all just look down.

"Ugh! Boring..." He says.

"What about you guys?!" Jean makes himself comfortable and sits across from Annie and Betholdt.

"I'm joining the Military Police Brigade...But I don't want anyone thinking I'm anything like...That." Annie says sizing up Jean.

"Hahahaha" Jean chuckles.

Eren gets up and slams his hands on the table.

"Hey! You said the interior is comfortable? Until five years ago, this part of the town was the interior too... Jean... You don't have to go to the interior. I mean, isn't the interior of your brain soft enough for you?" Eren says with a straight voice.

*SPLAT*

Reiner laughed so hard that water comes rushing out of his nose and directly onto my hair.

"S-sorry!" He grabs a cloth and starts to pat my hair dry.

"Wha..." I say wiping down my face.

Eren gets up and trying to head over to Jean but Mikasa holds onto his sleeve.

"Eren, don't.." Mikasa says softly.

"Are you calling me an idiot Eren? Sorry for facing the facts Eren, because four years ago is when twenty percent of the human population was sent to retake land that was overruled by titans. They had a whole plan, yet most of them were just walking right into the jaws of death. So ask yourself Eren, in the long run, how many more lives would it have cost to retake that land. For every giant slain, an average of 30 men died in the process. I think it is very clear Eren, humanity doesn't even have the slightest chance of making it." Jean says.

The whole room went silent.

"Great Eren, you turned the whole mood dead," Jean says looking around.

"And?" Eren says leaning his back against the table.

"Are you fucking deaf?" Jean says.

" No, to me it sounded like you said, "I don't think we can win, so I give up." So you tell me, Jean, what good comes out of giving up? It is better to escape from reality to the point where you are throwing hope out the fucking window like it is nothing."

All eyes revert to Eren.

"In the first place, it's a given that we'd lose to the titans in material terms. One of the reasons for our defeat four years ago is because we had little to no knowledge about the walking sloths themselves. But now we have grown in that part and now we have a higher success rate. And now you are just going to give up entirely on gaining more knowledge?! What a selfish shit!" Eren says clenching his fists.

"I have a dream...That dream is to one day clear the world and its fear of titans and to get the breath of fresh air. I want to go beyond." Eren says looking at Armin, Mikasa, and I.

Jean kind of stands in shock until.

*BOOP*

Jean pounds his pointer finger into Eren's head, "You must be the one with the soft interior. Look around you Eren! Not a single soul in here agrees with you." Jean walks over to me.

"Not even this one.." Jean says grabbing a piece of my wet (h/c) hair.

Eren grabs Jean's arm and squeezes it.

"Let her go...She doesn't have anything to do with this." Eren says.

*THUD*

Jean crashes foreheads with Eren.

"Do us all a favor Jean and leave to the interior, having someone like you sends bad energy to everyone and drags everyone," Eren says gritting his teeth.

"And that is just what I will do, but before I do, you want to take a long walk out of the wall and go say hi for a titan for me eh?" Jean says pushing further into Eren's skull.

"Please! You guys act the same as when you did three years ago, this goes to show neither of you has grown one bit." I say standing up.

Eren looks at me.

*WACK*

Jean throws a nasty punch at Eren's head. I facepalm and sit back down laying against Armin.

"Let boys be boys.." Armin says sighing.

"Mikasa...I will let you do the honors..." I point to the boys beating each other up.

"Hm." She nods and makes her way over.

Eren gets thrown by Jean and that's when Mikasa picks him up and carries him out of the Mess Hall doors. I look to Armin as we shrug.

"Maybe we would go out there.." Armin says tugging my shirt.

"Yeah...But food..." I complain.

"Just sneak it out," Armin says standing up holding my arm.

I place a loaf of bread into my mouth and carry it out with me. Armin and I both see Mikasa and Eren on the steps looking up at the stars.

"The party is breaking up.." Armin says.

"Yeah, we should head back to the dorms," I say fiddling with my necklace.

"Oh hey!" Eren waves to us.

Armin and I look at each other and nod. We make our way to the steps and plop down right next to the two.

"What branch are you going to join Armin?" Eren says as I rest my head on Armin's shoulder.

Armin wraps his arm around me, "I'm joining the Survey Corps." This made me perk my head up a bit.

"HM?!" Mikasa, Eren, and I input.

"Yeah I know guys, I may not be the strongest out of the bunch, I may not have placed in the top ten, and I may have not passed my simulated combat graduation test but... My strength doesn't mean I won't make it, that isn't being courageous." Armin says firmly.

I look to my left to see Hannes as he seems to have noticed us.

"Erm... You guys are dismissed for today." He says to two other men.

We get up and salute him as he makes his way over to us.

"Um...At ease?" We let our arms drop

"Look at all of you! All grown up! It has been a hot minute huh?" Hannes says scratching the back of his head.

"Well, if it isn't Mr. Alcoholic, shocked you are a squad leader of the Garrison," Eren says as I pinch his side.

" He nice Eren!" I say.

"Heh! It's all right, but all of you have grown so much! Well, it has been five whole years!" After he says that he looks down.

"I-I'm sorry...That I couldn't have your mother." He says.

"No need to bring it up! You didn't have a choice, Hannes." He says trying to cheer Hannes up.

"You see when you were born, my town was being infected with a fatal disease. That was until your father, Dr. Yeager, came up with an antibody. So I always had that feeling that I needed to repay him." Hannes said.

"Do you remember anything?" Hannes said.

Eren falls to the floor holding

"Eren!" Mikasa yells.

"Are you okay?!" Hannes tries to catch him.

"I'll be okay!" Eren takes Mikasa's hand.

"B-but my head i-it feels like it is going to split in two!!!"

•• ┈┈┈┈ ˚ ┈┈┈┈ ••

(A/N): This chapter is VERY long! And I am sorry, I wanted to fit the graduation and fight all in one with some add ons!! This chapter is 3500 words.....I'm so tired...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.8K 2.3K 23
from a life full of nothing to a life full of something, ari finds herself the centre and cause of a situation that just could determine the outcome...
1M 28.1K 86
Suns had always been known to be the brightest light, but anyone whose ever met one particular girl would know her smile conquered all. She loved and...
441K 12.6K 51
Levi x reader AU One night started it all. They both knew that it was just a one night stand. But little did they know it started it all. You just s...
50.8K 1.8K 17
[CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. FOLLOWS THE MANGA. STARTS AROUND SEASON 4.] "Welcome to the Island of Devils. By Marley's favorite...