ONE DARK QUEEN ❖ (A Three Dar...

Av PheonixGuardian

THREE DARK QUEENS are born in a glen SWEET LITTLE TRIPLETS will never be friends THREE DARK WITCHES all fair... Mer

Beginning Note
CHAPTER ONE: UMBRA
CHAPTER TWO: ROLANTH
CHAPTER THREE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FOUR: BASTIAN CITY
CHAPTER FIVE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIX: THE SEA
CHAPTER SEVEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER EIGHT: UMBRA
CHAPTER NINE: SAND HARBOUR
CHAPTER TEN: PRYNN FOREST
CHAPTER ELEVEN: LACTON SQUARE
CHAPTER TWELVE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: MOORGATE PARK
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: INDRID DOWN TEMPLE
CHAPTER NINETEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY: UMBRA
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: ONDINA'S COVE
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: ONDINA'S COVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: SHANNON'S BLACKWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY: THE ARRON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: THE WESTWOOD ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: THE WESTWOOD ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTEE THIRTY FIVE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: THE ARRON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTY THIRTY SEVEN: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT: THE DISEMBARKING
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: INNISFUIL VALLEY
CHAPTER FOURTY: QUEEN NALANI'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY ONE: THE FIRE DOME
CHAPTER FOURTY TWO: QUEEN ARWEN'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY THREE: THE QUICKENING
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR: QUEEN CARINA'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE: QUEEN CARINA'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY SIX: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FOURTY NINE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN: INNISFUIL VALLEY
BEFORE
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIXTY: THE BLACK COTTAGE
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE: PRYNN
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO: UMBRA
THE BIRTH
AUTHORS NOTE
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE: THE BLACK COTTAGE
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR: PRYNN
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIXTY SIX: ROLANTH

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT

47 1 6
Av PheonixGuardian

"Thank you Andrea, you may leave now," Pele says as she makes one last note on her parchment regarding Queen Carina.

The poisoner does not look happy at that but Pele wants her out. Now. She has a special meeting with Vivianne Westwood. She doesn't need an Arron lurking.

"But," Andrea begins, trying to get more time to collect any information.

"It's not negotiable and I have another meeting after this so off you go," Pele dismisses, narrowing her eyes at Andrea who glares slightly for second before she stands, bows stiffly and leaves, her lilac chiffon dress flowing behind her.

Though Pele notes the dress is not quite as extravagant as Cierra Raduron's one she observed in their meeting earlier; even though some of the shadow hag's money and assets had been taken from her at Pele's orders when Cierra went behind her back trying to rule Umbra, it seems to have not diminished her taste for finery.

The Raduron seems to be seizing Beltane as an opportunity to shove herself and the shadows "power" down the rest of the island's throats. It works to a degree. People are curious. The shadows have not attended a Beltane in centuries after all.

Unfortunately Pele's had to deal with both Cierra and Andrea today. Which is too much for a lifetime. Now she will with Vivianne, whom she can actually tolerate.

It only takes a few minutes for Vivianne to enter, looking youthful as ever which Pele finds unfair. Though she did have Hestia relatively young.

Though Vivianne's wearing dark green trousers today which makes a change.

The elemental bows before taking a seat at Pele's gesture. The women do their greetings as Pele pours Vivianne some wine out of courtesy which the elemental accepts as she takes a large sip.

Everyone could use a bit of wine nowadays. Stressful days ahead. With the Hunt, Disembarking and Quickening. Especially for Pele as the regent and Vivianne as Queen Nalani's guardian. Then of course the Ascension. Who knows where that will lead. Hopefully to Nalani's victory. That is what she would prefer.

The warrior suddenly stands up and goes to the tent flap, exchanging a few hushed words with someone outside.

Smiling, she turns around and goes back to her seat. She moves so quickly and smoothly. Pele's movements only take her a few seconds.

Vivianne tilts her head curiously as she raises her eyes up to meet Pele's,

"Whom were you talking to?" Vivianne asks, careful in her tone and approach as she silently demands an answer from the warrior.

Pele smiles in reply, "only a few of my most trusted fellow warriors, they are guarding the tent, making sure we aren't overheard."

Vivianne nods, "I see."

Vivianne Westwood is not one to waste time as she goes straight to the point.

"I'm glad that you agreed to my suggestion of a private meeting a few weeks ago," Vivianne says calmly but then asks, "you requested that we discuss our potential alliance more deeply in person, so what is the cost of your loyalty?"

"When Nalani is the sole Queen I want three powerful war gifted of my choice on her Black Council," Pele says, completely calm as she says her demands. She does not like that Vivianne will surely take her place as Head of Black Council but it is inevitable, so Pele may as well make sure she still has some power when Nalani is crowned.

"Alright," Vivianne says, "but I want war gifted at the ready for Queen Nalani at all times heading into the Ascension Year, I always want no less than four for her protection."

Pele smiles, her eyes lighting up as they both strike a deal for each other's benefits.

"Done," She says, "I will assign my four top warriors for her protection and my oldest daughter, Morrigan, will be one of them. The others will be a mix of Murtras like myself and our close cousins, the Anteres or possibly the Vatroses."

"Not the Beaulins?" Vivianne questions curiously, "and isn't it dangerous to give the Vatroses a position of power?"

"No," Pele says shortly, "the Beaulins have always been too closely aligned with the Arrons for my liking and I prefer to keep trusted war gifted around me and I trust my family most of all. And I will let the Vatros clan have this honour to make them feel wanted and help smooth relations between my family and theirs, the old Vatros warriors have not forgotten that the Murtras took their power from them only a century ago but the younger ones could be reasoned with. It is a chance to prove their loyalty after all."

Vivianne nods, making a mental note to avoid the Beaulins and be wary of the Vatros family. It has been in her mind before but she must think more of it now. Now that the Ascension is coming up and Nalani's transition to power will be soon.

"I understand," she says, "but I also want more from you, I want to keep this alliance strong and I want Nalani to always be protected so when she is the sole ruler of Fennbirn I would like several trusted war gifted in her Queensguard. I want only the best warriors to protect Nalani from those who would do her harm, particularly the Arrons and Radurons."

"I can can do all of this for you but I need you to offer something more in return for all these favours," Pele says, "I like you Vivianne but I'm not a charity after all, I'm a ruler."

Vivianne straightens up as she goes to reply, "What type of favours?" She asks, suspicion evident in her tone as she regards the warrior.

Pele gives her a smile that is not at all reassuring and makes her look like a shadow or poisoner rather than war gifted general,

"I'll call them in at some point," Pele says being cryptic as she refuses to give a straight answer to the elemental, "I hope the Murtras and the Westwoods will enjoy a mutually beneficial alliance for a while."

Vivianne nods gratefully and gets up to leave but the stops and turns back to face Pele.

"Oh and one more thing," Vivianne says, a rare sinister smile forming on her face and a determined look in her eyes, "by the end of this I want Andrea's head."

Vivianne must still feel Andrea's hand in that assassination attempt. Interesting.

Pele returns Vivianne's smile and says sweetly, "I'll prepare a spike."

Vivianne nods, happy at the outcome and then carries on waking.

As she walks through the opening of the tent she hears Pele call behind her,

"But be careful Westwood," she taunts, "don't get on my bad side."

Vivianne scowls at this, everyone always underestimates the Westwoods but it is Pele who should be careful - it is the warrior who shouldn't get on her bad side. Vivianne is more cunning than her ancestors. And she will prove it if she has too.

Back in her chair in her encampment, Pele continues to sit in silence, continuing to contemplate her next moves. She must be careful. That much is obvious.

She has snakes all around her who would like nothing more than to seize her power.

Andrea and Cierra are the main candidates of course. They're ravenous beasts who are addicted and hungry for power. It is a possibility that they could take her power but if they did, anyone smart would kill Pele to ensure she never rose against them and then her children. Ripping out the foundations at its root. That's the only way to destroy a dynasty, a monarchy, a family completely.

The Vatros family has now allied with the Murtras but the peace is fragile when it was their family that used to rule Bastian only a century ago, they are more friendly with the Beaulins who are friendly with the Arrons. But Pele doesn't put it past Lydia Vatros and her lot, particularly as her husband Matthew used to be a Beaulin before he married.

She doesn't trust Lydia Vatros one bit, that is why she put her daughter, Rebekah Vatros, on the Black Council instead, young Rebekah can be reasoned with more easily. And she will likely assign the young Vatros twins, Jonah and Juliette, to guard Nalani as a chance to prove their loyalty and she hopes they can be reasoned with.

Still, the Vatros family and the Beaulins would likely join the Arrons and Radurons if a revolution rose to wrestle away Pele's power, there would be collateral damage and her children would most likely suffer.

The thought makes her blood boil but also run cold with fear. Not for herself, for her children. Her blood calls for war and she relishes it, the steel, the battles, death and pain but that does not mean she wants her children near that yet, especially her youngest. Not yet.

She has five children: Achilles, who is not on the island, Morrigan, Minerva and little Ares. And of course her darling, Nimue. Goddess forbid anything happen to anyone of them, especially Ares who is only ten. And goddess forbid if anyone found out Nimue's true parentage.

She also has her husband, Malakai, and her younger sister, Hecate, to think of but she has a plan ready to evacuate them all at the first sign of danger. Her little sister is a rare oracle and not a warrior but she should be safe at the Black Cottage for now because luckily many do not remember Hecate Murtra, the oracle who was born to warriors. Though it was the talk of the town when her sister was younger. And Hecate is the one who predicted Nimue's fate long ago.

Achilles will be fine, he is a strong fine warrior of twenty years and has been trained to perfection in Bastian. He has always been a headstrong wilful boy but that is to be expected - he is a Murtra after all.

Morrigan, who is 18, is just as headstrong as her younger sister Minerva, who is a girl of 14 years but little ten year old Ares is so sweet and innocent - his attitude hasn't kicked in yet. And of course Morrigan will always protect Nimue and vice versa.

At least Achilles will be safe because he is out of the Arrons and Radurons reach travelling the world beyond the island - Pele wished she had that luxury but she must stay here and rule until a new queen is crowned. She will do anything she can do make sure it is Nalani because then she will keep most of her power but Vivianne will outrank her but it is a small loss. Her and her family will still have a comfortable life and most importantly they will be safe.

But she will kill anyone and anything that loses a threat to her power or her family. And her legacy must continue, she wants them to whisper about the legendary Pele Murtra for years to come. If Lydia Vatros or any Beaulin comes for her she will welcome them with steel and blood, she has not seen a true battle in so long and her gift years for it. She will cut them all down with as much ease as breathing and her war gift will make it easy. Even though soon she will no longer be Head of the Black Council, she will still rule Bastian City.

If Andrea or Cierra crosses her, she will rain hellfire down on them like they've never seen. Damn them all.

"Mistress Pele?" A voice calls from behind her. Instantly she snaps out of her thoughts and turns to face them.It is only one of her messengers.

"Yes," she replies, slightly irritated at having her thoughts interrupted.

The young boy gulps nervously before holding a letter up, "I have a letter for you."

Pele gestures for him to come in and he quickly does so, passing the letter to her outstretched hand. She gives him a curt nod of dismissal and he quickly scurries away.

Pele looks down at the letter which bears the crest of Salkades.  A country that is famed for its warriors, one of the island's many neighbouring kingdoms along with Valostra and Centra. Rich Valostra and noble Centra aren't as closely allied with Bastian City particularly because of their different cultures.

Curiously, she tears open the letter, throwing the envelope aside as she picks up the contents.

It reads:

Dear mother, Don't worry I'm alive. Obviously.
My years abroad have been very eventful and exciting, I thank you again for letting me have his freedom even if it did take some convincing. I hope you, father and my sisters and brother are all well. Rest assured I left on purely good intentions and because I wanted to escape the first year of Minny being a teenager.
Mor has probably delighted in being the oldest in my absence and having the authority but hopefully she's her ego hasn't grown too much.
I'm writing to tell you that I'll be returning home soon. This letter will surely reach you long after my departure from Salkades, I am travelling with the suitor delegations from there who graciously let me travel on their boat for a price. I haven't come back empty handed and I've brought riches and gifts for the whole family.
I love you and I will see you soon at Innsifuil Valley.

Achilles x

Pele breathes a sigh of relief and clasps the letter to her chest in comfort. Her son is safe but he may be endangering himself coming back. But at least he's safe. That's all that matters for now.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

7.9K 535 21
*Book 3 of Reuniting The Council Series* Maya once was a slave to rogues, all her life in fact. But one day that all changed. The day that Crystal sh...
153 20 21
Many forget that the goddess of love was born from the raging sea, but she would do anything to protect her daughter. Adora was Aphrodite's last daug...
Found Again Av IrisClark

General Fiction

253K 6.2K 59
Juliane, Jayin, Jorden triplets were raised by their abusive drug-addicted mom Erica. All three have a traumatic past that they don't willing share...
127K 3.7K 53
A year has passed since Seren Marzena returned to the Night Court with her mate, Azriel. Their time of rest is coming to an end. Plans long kept sile...