Nothing Can Break Us(Javid+Sp...

By thekidtea

Your normal cliche modern Newsies au. Davey Jacobs is the new nerdy kid at The World High school. Jack Kelly... More

A/N (Please read it)
~1~ New Kid
~2~ Weekend Adventures
~3~ Football Games and Crushes
~5~ Pumpkin Patch
~6~ Halloween
~7~ Birthday Boys
~8~ Studying and Roadtrips
~9~ Christmas
A/N
~10~ New Years
~11~ What Happened In Brooklyn
~12~ Apologies
Thats a Wrap
uh hello?

~4~ Cleaning Up

974 32 41
By thekidtea

Davey

"God what are you thinking?" I say exasperated. Jack is sitting on the counter in my bathroom while I clean up his wounds. "Do you know how worried I was?"

"Relax Davey it's not a big deal." He says calmly. "I didn't even get hurt that badly.

"You're still hurt you know." I put a bandage on his forehead.

He grabs my wrists and looks me in the eye. "Hey, Davey, I'm fine, okay?"

I look at him and nod, trying to hide my blush. "Let's just get to bed, I'm tired."

"I'm actually starving right now." He hops off the counter. "Got anything to eat?"

I start walking out of the bathroom and gesture for him to follow. We eat some leftover pizza and drink some water. I almost fall asleep a couple of times into my pizza. Every time Jack giggles which is super cute.

We head upstairs into my room. "I'm guessing you need something to wear to bed?" I ask.

"Just some sweatpants, yeah."

I give him a pair of lose grey sweatpants and then grab a black pair, and a t-shirt for myself. I leave him in my room to change and head to the bathroom. When I'm done changing I brush my teeth and wash my face.

When I come back into my room I see a shirtless Jack Kelly standing in the middle of it texting on his phone. My face burns red. Jesus Christ of course he has abs. He looks up at me and smiles.

"So should I sleep on the floor or....?" He questions.

"There's enough room in my bed for both of us." I am not going to miss my chance to sleep in the same bed as this beautiful boy. "Just let me know if you get uncomfortable."

He nods and climbs into my bed. I follow suit.

"Goodnight Davey."

"Night Jack."

———————

Race

Well. That happened. I turn the radio down in the car. I look at Spot whose sitting in the Drivers seat. He's has a black eye and a few scapes around his body. I'm sporting a couple of bruises myself but they aren't as bad.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask.

"Not now. Can we just wait until we get home?"

I nod. The rest of the ride to Spot's house is silent. I know how much he hates seeing the Brooklyn boys. Seeing them unlocks memories from his past that he would rather forget.

We pull into his driveway. He grabs my hand as we walk up the front steps and into the house. Mr. Denton is sitting in the living room when we walk through the door. He turns and sees the bruises and cuts all over us.

"Oh my god, what happened boys?" He walks over to us and inspects the wounds.

Spot waves him away. "There was a fight. We're fine, we just need to rest."

Denton nods. "There's a first aid kit in the bathroom." He pats our shoulders and walks away to his room.

Me and Spot go up the stairs to his room. When I close the door he's already got his arms around me. We stand in the middle of his room, just hugging and enjoying each other's touch.

Spot didn't get much physical affection as a kid, so he looks for it in the people closest to him. I don't mind, I enjoy it too.

"You understand why I'm scared now Race?" He says into my shoulders.

"I know Spot." I wait a moment and carefully deliver my next statement. "You do know that most people aren't like the Delancey's right?"

This probably wasn't the best thing to say because I feel him tense up against me. "That's not the point Racer. I would be dead if any of the Brooklyn boys found out." He pulls away from me.

I put my head in my hands. "You don't live in Brooklyn anymore Spot." I'm starting to get irritated. "It doesn't matter what they think."

He shakes his head at me. "You don't get it Racer."

"What don't I get Spot? Please explain it to me?"

"Just drop it Racer, okay?"

I just sigh. We've had this argument hundreds of times and it always ends the same, with Spot telling me to drop it. "Let's just go get cleaned up."

The rest of the night we are silent. We go into the bathroom and help each other clean the scrapes and bruises on our bodies. We change in silence. When we get into bed and he wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead.

"I love you Racer."

"I love you too Spot."

———————

Jack

I wake up in an unfamiliar place. The sunlight is beaming through the windows. I'm about to throw my arms over my head when I realize I'm holding someone. I look over and see Davey asleep in my arms. He's breathing deeply which tells me he's asleep.

His curly hair is in his face making him look adorable. His face is has a peaceful expression on it. I wish I had my sketchbook so I could draw him. His body is bringing me much needed warmth. It's almost October so the weather is getting colder.

I vaguely recall how I got here last night. I remember getting in a fight with the Brooklyn boys after the game and then driving off with Davey. What an eventful night.

When the Delancey's asked if I was a queer, I could've answered honestly, but I didn't want to give them that satisfaction. I'm bisexual which is cool. And I currently have a crush on the boy in my arms, Davey Jacobs.

This moment is too good to let go of. Instead of waking up Davey, I decide to go back to sleep. Pulling him closer I slip back into the peaceful darkness.

————————

Davey

I wake up to strong arms wrapped around me. I look up and see Jack peacefully asleep. I blush bright red. How did we get in this position? I'm not complaining though, the boy I have a crush on is cuddling me.

Jack stirs in his sleep. He opens his eyes and looks at me.

"Good morning Davey." He says smiling at me, completely unfazed by the position we're in.

I blush even harder. "Morning Jack. Want some breakfast?"

He nods and removes his arms from around me. He gets out of my bed and I remember he doesn't have a shirt on. I follow him out of my bed and cover my eyes. "Put a shirt on, I'll go make some pancakes." I stumble blindly and run into the doorframe.

This causes Jack to laugh. "Oh come on Davey, surely I'm not that hideous."

"It's quite the opposite, I hope you like chocolate chip." I finally get out of my room and close the door behind me. When I get down to the kitchen, Sarah is sitting at the counter.

"Heya Davey, eventful night?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

I blush and turn away to start getting the ingredients. "What, no, nothing happened."

"Oh yeah, then why are you blushing?"

"I'm not." I start getting out the bowls and I turn on the stove.

"When I went to walk you up this morning I saw you two spooning. I wouldn't call that nothing." She winks at me.

I start mixing the ingredients, blushing profusely. "We just woke up like that, okay?"

"Okay, okay." She puts her hands up defensively. "I gotta take Les to Albany to see Sally today."

I start pouring the mix onto the pan. "Isn't that like a two hour drive?"

"Yeah but he's staying overnight and her parents are driving him back tomorrow." She shrugs. "Plus I'm going to meet up with a couple of old friends."

I nod. I hear Jack coming down the stairs. He's put on one of my t-shirts that's a little too small for him, which hides nothing of his figure. I'm no longer confused about my feelings for him.

Sarah stands up from her place at the counter. "Alright I gotta go get ready." She turns to Jack. "Morning Jack."

"Morning Sarah." They fist bump and Sarah walks off to her room. Jack walks up behind me. "Smells Delicious Davey."

I blush. "I- thanks." I take a moment to compose myself. "There's orange juice in the fridge if you want to get that out for me."

He nods and grabs the orange juice from the fridge. I scoop the pancakes from the pan onto a plate. I grab some syrup while Jack pours the orange juice. We sit at the counter legs touching, eating our pancakes.

"These are really good." He says looking up at me.

"It's because I put my love in them." I say playfully.

He smiles and digs in again. Sarah and Les come down the stairs dressed and ready to go. "Bye Davey! Don't have too much fun without me." Sarah says grabbing her keys from the counter.

I ruffle Les' hair. "Have fun with Sally okay?"

"I will." He says while grabbing a Monster from the fridge. He and Sarah walk out the door. I hear the car head off.

"Where are they going?" Jack asks me.

"Les is going to see his girlfriend in Albany. Sarah is his ride."

"Isn't Albany like two hours away?"

"Yep, but he really misses his girlfriend and it's his turn to visit her. She was over here a few weeks ago." I explain. He nods in understanding.

"Well I wish I could stay here with ya Davey but Ms. Medda wants me home. Apparently I've got some chores to do."

I'm a little disappointed but that means I'll have some time alone.

After Jack gets his stuff we wait outside for Ms.Medda to come pick him up. Usually he would drive but he left the car at the school last night.

When Ms.Medda gets here Jack and I stand up. "See ya Monday Davey." Jack kisses my cheek. I flush red.

"I-, uh, yeah, see you then."

He smiles at me and gets into the car. I watch them drive away before going back inside, putting my hand to my cheek.

I can't wait for Monday.

——————-

A/N: this is my favorite chapter I've written, I think it's so adorable. I hope you love it as much as I do!!

(1.7k words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 892 50
What could possibly make Spot so shaken up he'll hand over Brooklyn? What could make Jack so shaken he'd give up Manhattan? Only one thing: Race and...
2.8K 88 20
In 1899, the streets of New York city echoed with the voices of newsies. Newsies--kids, teens. Kids who came from everywhere. Kids who didn't fit the...
17.9K 616 55
Welcome to The World Highschool. This is in the POV of mostly Crutchie, Jack, and Davey. Watch as they struggle though highschool and all its challen...
237 16 16
Ramona is damaged, locked away in her own mind. Athena is cruel, set on being better than anyone and everyone. Her only competition is David Jacobs...